Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Most Dominant Mascot on Earth National Championship: Arkansas vs Iowa St.***

Started by NuttinItUp, May 25, 2007, 02:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Here it is, the final one for the national championship of the Most Dominant Mascot contest. We are outmanned and outgunned, but stranger upsets have happened.

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376

1) Email your friends
2) Post other places than here (I am not a member of any other boards) and tell anyone else you know
3) Vote as many times as you can (Block your cookies, then vote tons of times. Step by step instructions on how to do this are below in this post)

Facebook group for anyone interested: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2370339609

Voting ends June 1. (Friday)

Silver Hog

NuttinItUp

Here are all the posts on how to vote multiple times from the last round:

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 19, 2007, 12:07:19 am
Since the Michigan State people are obviously the pros (look at their vote total) I went to their board for some tips.

Here is their thread on the previous rounds:
http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250289

They have lots of good suggestions, like
Blocking cookies, so you don't have to clear anything between votes

Also, "If you want to do one better, hold down CTRL and then click multiple times. It'll open up a window for every click. Those are all counted as votes."

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 19, 2007, 12:07:46 am
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 19, 2007, 12:07:19 am
Since the Michigan State people are obviously the pros (look at their vote total) I went to their board for some tips.

Here is their thread on the previous rounds:
http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250289

They have lots of good suggestions, like
Blocking cookies, so you don't have to clear anything between votes

Also, "If you want to do one better, hold down CTRL and then click multiple times. It'll open up a window for every click. Those are all counted as votes."

Here are the step by step results, as laid out by one user.

"Here:

Firefox - Tools, Options, Privacy, and then de-select the "Allow cookies from sites" option. Then you can vote many times.

Internet Explorer - Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, then go to Advanced settings and Block all cookies. Then you can vote many times.

To be extra helpful, when you're about to vote... click on the "Michigan State" option, then press "ctrl" on your keyboard, then, as you're holding "ctrl," click on the Submit button MANY times (I recommend around 80-130 each time). Then let the pages load. Once they're loaded, close the browser and do the same thing to vote again.

The results will NEVER show on your screen until you allow cookies back on. After you allow cookies again, you can refresh the screen and it will show the results."

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 19, 2007, 12:25:40 am
For those nefarious individuals out there, if one were so inclined (eyes dart back and forth), one could use Tor to hide their IP and/or automatic browsing software. (to vote while you sleep or whatever, getting several thousand votes in)

Quote from when we were doing the Heisman voting thing (for DMac):

Quote from: Razors84 on November 08, 2006, 10:11:01 pm
Quote from: FireNutt on November 08, 2006, 09:32:04 pm
Still voting.  Wish someone here that knows how to write programs could make a program that automatically votes over and over for us.  We could then download the program and we wouldn't have to vote over and over.
It's already been written - it works like a tape recorder once you figure it out - it records your clicks and where the mouse is on the screen.

http://www.download.com/Auto-Macro-Recorder/3000-2094_4-10503235.html?tag=lst-0-1

Not advocating anything, just saying we don't have a chance against the Mormons (there are way too many of them) unless we do something different from last round.

Although, others might have better suggestions..

mword

bd93

Vote and vote often.  Someone go over to the Mich. St board and ask them if they want to get revenge on ISU... get Wyoming while your at it.

Proud Hog

What are the results.Cannot get the on my computer for some reason.I have voted numerous times.

NuttinItUp

We are going to need all the help we can get. They had 3.4 million votes to our 713,738.

Anyone think other SEC schools would help us out or no?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Proud Hog on May 25, 2007, 02:45:54 pm
What are the results.Cannot get the on my computer for some reason.I have voted numerous times.
58-42, them winning but only about 500 votes cast. I wouldn't worry about the total until there are lots more votes in.

I hate how the guy gushes over the Iowa St-Michigan St matchup and all the cool stuff they have done: http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376 but then barely mentions us.

We never get any respect...

gumby013

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 02:47:41 pm
We are going to need all the help we can get. They had 3.4 million votes to our 713,738.

Start hitting them up.  As well as everyone that ISU beat in the brackets...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: gumby013 on May 25, 2007, 02:53:01 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 02:47:41 pm

Start hitting them up.  As well as everyone that ISU beat in the brackets...
Anyone they beat might vote for them so they can say they lost to the national champions, haha.

football-writer

I voted...we're still down 44 to 56...so we ARE catching up!
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

hawaiianhogster

Maybe the MODS could contact the other MODS of the SEC schools and get them behind us as we are representing the SEC as a whole. As the toughest and best conference in the country it would be ashame to lose to Iowa State.

I will be voting often. Razorbacks for life.

Kris P. Bacon

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 02:52:50 pm
Quote from: Proud Hog on May 25, 2007, 02:45:54 pm
58-42, them winning but only about 500 votes cast. I wouldn't worry about the total until there are lots more votes in.

I hate how the guy gushes over the Iowa St-Michigan St matchup and all the cool stuff they have done: http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376 but then barely mentions us.

We never get any respect...

He basically called the razorback a coward. That is beyond no respect.
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

WindyCityHog

What the hell....I think this poll is completely ridiculous....but keeping in the spirit of Chicago....

Vote early and vote often.

Are there fabulous prizes?

NuttinItUp

TO VOTE MULTIPLE TIMES:

First, clear and block your cookies

Internet Explorer Users:
-------------------------------
To clear your cookies, go to tools -> internet options -> you should be under the "General" tab and all you have to do is hit the "Delete..." button and so on and you should be good to go. (IE7, you also have to hit "Delete Cookies..." to clear them. Note that it will erase all cookies, which means sites that you leave yourself logged in (like facebook), you will have to log back in. Just a heads up

To block the cookie - Go to tools -> internet options -> "privacy" tab -> click on the "Sites" button -> type in: "*.sportsline.com" (without quotes but with the asterisk) -> hit the "block" buton -> hit ok and apply and you're good to go :)

Firefox Users:
---------------------------------
1. You have to be on firefox
2. Go into the TOOLS menu at the top
3. Scroll down to OPTIONS
4. Click on the PRIVACY menu
5. There will be three boxes in that menu, the middle one is labeled COOKIES, click on the tab that says SHOW COOKIES
6. In the SEARCH bar at the top, time in sportsline.com
7. Click on the first cookie to highlight it, then click REMOVE COOKIE
8. Do step 7 again until everything is cleared out
9. Go back to the PRIVACY menu, then click EXCEPTIONS in the COOKIES box
10. Where it says "Address of the website" type in sportsline.com then click BLOCK
11. That should do it!

After you clear and block your cookies, select Arkansas Razorbacks and just rapid click Submit as many times as you can before the page reloads. It registers all the clicks as votes. TRUST ME. And it is MUCH faster than what we were doing before.

This should work in ANY browser.

HogFansReunited

I voted and I will keep voting.  I will also try getting a few other SEC schools to vote for us.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

football-writer

the winning school gets a plaque in honor of its fans hard work and dedication...
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

NuttinItUp

Quote from: WindyCityHog on May 25, 2007, 03:15:26 pm
Are there fabulous prizes?
From the link http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376 the dude says: "On top of eternal trash-talking rights on Internet message boards of your choice, the winning school also will receive a commemorative plaque honoring their mascot as 2007's Most Dominant College Mascot on Earth."

I guess the plaque goes to the school? The trash talking will be more fun though. ;)

HogFansReunited

They also have a You Tube video.  I know some of the people on this board can do a much better job than what they have. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cni1J_5Qwg
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

NuttinItUp

Quote from: FireNutt on May 25, 2007, 03:27:55 pm
They also have a You Tube video.  I know some of the people on this board can do a much better job than what they have. 

I bet DEVICEHIGH could whip up a good one if he tried.

bd93

silvertip

At about 3:30 it was 53-47 IA ST, but only about 1080 votes.

I will get on the voting hard this weekend when I'm not down in Hoover watching the SECT.  WPS!!

HogFansReunited

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 03:33:42 pm

He would do a great job.

Member #3568

OzarkHighs

Hogtropolis™

Let's hope that ISU doesn't get 1.5 million+ votes again.  Either that or let's hope that we can manage more than 500,000+

NuttinItUp

The local news (especially the CBS affiliates) should run a story on it.

OKC

It's up to us to win it...I'd like to see that plaque hanging somewhere the next time i go to a game.

AFWarrior83

DeviceHigh could certainly out do them! Maybe Mike Irwin could give it a shout out?  :razorback: BTW Voted!
Hogville member since 2005.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Proud Hog

bd93

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Hogs-48% Cyclones-52%.(4483 total votes)
     Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Dwight_K_Shrute

They are going to clean our clocks unless we are more organized.  They had a link on ISU's official web page.   I have no connections whatsoever, but this is what we need to do.

1.  Get the university involved and get a link on Hogwired.
2.  Try to enlist the rest of the SEC and  make it a North vs. South thing.
3.  Get some stuff out on Youtube etc.
4.  Get Houston to contact everyone in his 5.
5.  Try to get on message boards in India and China.  Let them know how we admire their people and need their help.  Is it still the year of the pig?  If so play that up to the Chinese. 
6.  Play up to the monster pig and Hogzilla hysteria going around.
7.  Approach the Iowa Hawkeyes.  Let them know they will be hearing about it all year if the Cyclones win.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

bd93

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 25, 2007, 08:30:42 pm
They are going to clean our clocks unless we are more organized.  They had a link on ISU's official web page.   I have no connections whatsoever, but this is what we need to do.

5.  Try to get on message boards in India and China.  Let them know how we admire their people and need their help.  Is it still the year of the pig?  If so play that up to the Chinese. 
7.  Approach the Iowa Hawkeyes.  Let them know they will be hearing about it all year if the Cyclones win.

Any one got a link of a messege board in China? LOL

JEM

Too win, we may need to outsource are votes  :)
:)

NuttinItUp

Can we give out Shrute bucks?

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: FireNutt on May 25, 2007, 03:47:53 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 03:33:42 pm

He would do a great job.

I don't know if I can do better but I will most definitely do something.

They had 1 million more voters to get here than we did!

ONE MILLION

Promote, Promote, Promote!

VOTE!  VOTE!  VOTE!

We can't let no stupid bird caught up in a tornado beat a RAZORBACK.

(anybody here got skills with spaming forms?)
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Break & Run

Device, your skills can make them look like they were 3 years old when they made that promo video!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

NuttinItUp

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Gary Elsken on May 25, 2007, 10:01:41 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 09:01:23 pm

Can we give out Shrute bucks?
How much is a Shrute buck worth?
- 1,000 Schrute Bucks = Extra 5 minutes for lunch

- The cash value of a Schrute Buck is 1/100 of a cent

- One billion Stanley Nickels = Never having to talk to Dwight again

- The ratio of Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks = the same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns

printable Schrute bucks

Proud Hog

We have come back to tie it at 50/50.Keep up the voting because you know they will.They had over a million votes the last round.So we have our work cut out for us.

NuttinItUp

I wonder why there are so few votes so far? We were way ahead of this total last week. It might be the servers are just having a hard time keeping the total up to date with all the votes being cast. (That, or they are limiting it to only a few votes per IP address or one vote an hour per IP or something, in which case getting tons more people with lots of different computers would become crucial)

hawgwild1087

Steve Sullivan mentioned it on the newscast tonight and they put a link up on the KATV website.  Way to get the word out Channel 7!

hawgwild1087

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 10:37:23 pm
I wonder why there are so few votes so far? We were way ahead of this total last week. It might be the servers are just having a hard time keeping the total up to date with all the votes being cast. (That, or they are limiting it to only a few votes per IP address or one vote an hour per IP or something, in which case getting tons more people with lots of different computers would become crucial)
Yeah, I voted like 100 times and it only counted it once.  Maybe they found a way to counteract vote spamming.  That sucks.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on May 25, 2007, 11:10:27 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 10:37:23 pm
Yeah, I voted like 100 times and it only counted it once.  Maybe they found a way to counteract vote spamming.  That sucks.
Well, they only update the total every 5 or 10 minutes. That has been the same throughout the contest. It is just that the total is so low.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hawgwild1087 on May 25, 2007, 11:09:19 pm
Steve Sullivan mentioned it on the newscast tonight and they put a link up on the KATV website.  Way to get the word out Channel 7!
I am not seeing it: http://www.katv.com/ or http://www.katv.com/sports/
Am I just being blind?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 11:15:05 pm
Am I just being blind?

Bottom right hand corner under "newslinks".  It is the first link.

Member #3568

NuttinItUp

Quote from: FireNutt on May 25, 2007, 11:20:19 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 25, 2007, 11:15:05 pm
Am I just being blind?

Bottom right hand corner under "newslinks".  It is the first link.
Oh I see. Thanks!