David Lee or Malazahn??

Started by hogtastic14, May 22, 2007, 01:26:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbass

Quote from: AandB on May 22, 2007, 04:38:49 pm
Quote from: razorbass on May 22, 2007, 04:37:11 pm
Quote from: AandB on May 22, 2007, 04:30:46 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 01:28:17 pm
Gus 10 outa 10 times and twice on Sundays.

Sorry but i dont drink the Kool-aid of a TWICE FIRED coach coming back for round 3 with the UofA, with only Tony Romo as his lone positive (unproven as in only a few games he could suck this year).

I agree completely Romo showed that he can be great, then choke right afterwards. Yes David Lee has some experience and years under his belt, but Malazahn is a proven winner. Can't wait to see the first school that gives him a HC job get the payoff.
he's a proven winner on the high school level big difference! The only reason he was believed to be so good was because D MAC and Felix made him look good >:(

So then if we do so well this year it will be the same reason you can't chalk this one up to david lee if thats the reasoning.
Haven't chalked anything up for him yet wait and see if he can get the passing game going and then see. Gus could not do it.

311Hog

Quote from: djgaffer on May 22, 2007, 04:36:03 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:25:01 pm
Quote from: djgaffer on May 22, 2007, 04:19:27 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:07:33 pm
Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:05:58 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:01:40 pm
Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:00:12 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 03:54:12 pm
and yeah, keep saying it was gus who won us 10 straight games.  oh wait, it was gus and mitch right?  Dont forget damian.  I dont think anyone else had anything to do with it.  Give me a break.  I could have won those 10 games with the talent we had.

I searched the ENTIRE thread and didn't find a single post claiming that Gus won 10 games for us last season. Oh wait - I did factually state that the team won 10 games last season with him as the OC. Look he and HDN and RH and every other coach deserve EXACTLY the same amount of credit for last season, and the same amount of blame - ok not Shibest, that SOB should be fired ASAP.

Not to mention the crux of the matter:

"Salary Justification" if Bsking or anyone else for that matter could win 10 games with the talent on this past years team, then it begs the question why do they make millions of dollars and furthermore a RAISE/extension?

I'm not crying over Gus leaving, but certainly he had some positive impact with our program last season, just as Nutt did. Those that claim otherwise are simply fooling themselves.

Well Lee gets hired for ruffly twice Gus's salary what has he done? I hate to break it down in terms of $$ for production but the current coaching staff is horrible in that respect.

If you're able to put on a resume that you've been a coordinator multiple times, been a head coach at the college level, been in the NFL even in the front office; you're going to make more money than a guy whose resume reads "high school coach". 

Leave the names out of it and that just makes sense.  I would assume if we went looking for a new coach you would be willing to pay a current head coach more money than a coordinator who'd never had a head coaching job before or a high school head coach.  That's just business.

Are you freaking serious?

HEre let me give you an example of David Lee's resume

-Twice hired and fired from the University of ARkansas for not being able to develop a passing game

-Fired from UTEP for winning 11 games in FIVE YEARS

-Film guy and Tony Romo's friend with the Dallas Cowboys moved on after new coaching staff was hired.

OMG YOU ARE RIGHT THAT IS AN IMPRESSIVE RESUME,

It makes perfect sense for you to supplant the first year OC making "minimum wage for collage coaches", who just came off a 10-4 season with the above guy and pay him twice as much.

Makes perfect sense ...

Butch Davis was fired for ineptitude from the Browns.  Should he leave "NFL head coach" off his resume?

Yes,
Coordinator, College Head Coach, NFL Front office  >  High School Head coach. 

There will come a time when you will get a job (most likely).  You might be better, smarter, etc than a guy who has 15 years in the business.  He will make more money than you until you get the experience. 

I just hired for my office.  I got a person who is very bright and I think can be a star in this business.  I got her on the cheap because she only has a couple of years of experience.  In 5 years she will likely be worth almost twice what she is today.  Same person.  Same skills.  That's just business.

Your example doesnt hold water Butch Davis WON A NATIONAL TITLE as a Head Coach at the College level and most people believe he did an ok job with the Browns but some NFL franchises just suck.

David Lee BLEW ASS as a college head coach, and was a glorified film editor with the Dallas Cowboys how are the two in anyway related other then they are both Male, and work in the football business?

Believe me i understand how much experience can get you, but you are discounting BAD EXPERIENCE, if your experience in football is a LOSING ONE that isnt a good thing.

If you were facing a hire, could only pick one person would you take the person with little to no high level experience but won at every low level they been at, young, could get them for cheap and they would be hungry for success

or

would you take the old guy, who has like a 11-70 record in their one chance at the big time, the guy who yourself had already fired once from the same position, and whom has been working in a film room somewhere in obsurity and knew it would cost you the big $$

Which would you hire? how much would you pay them?

oldtimerhog

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:01:24 pm
Quote from: Stella on May 22, 2007, 03:57:48 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 03:52:11 pm
Quote from: Stella on May 22, 2007, 03:48:51 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 03:46:21 pm
this shouldnt even be debatable.  Gus is a freaking rookie head coach who has proven NOTHING in NCAA football.  Lee has proven that he is good enough to be on the coaching staff of a SUCCESSFUL NFL TEAM.  I dont remember anyone from the NFL calling gus' name before he came to the hogs. 

David Lee shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as a creative offensive mind like Gus Malzahn...Lee is a yes-man waterboy retread who has never been successful anywhere!

Man this guy i know, his name is jason spitz, he has had undefeated season 3 years running in pee-wee football.  His offense is unstoppable.  Why not sign him up to be coach of the rams?  I mean, pee-wee and NFL are basically interchangible right?  Of course not, just like you cannot compare gus' success in highschool with his success, or lack of it, in the NCAA. 

You keep putting Malzahn down but you should be thanking him for saving your man Nutt's job last year.  Offense was much better under Mazahn even with Nutt's restrictions.  You should love Malzahn, without him, we would already be rid of the Nutty Boys. 

In that case, the "darksiders" should hate Gus, but they don't. HMMMM

That would be the only reason to hate him!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

311Hog

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:39:02 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:31:16 pm
Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:28:28 pm
You are missing the entire post 311 - it is none of Coach X's business what Coach Y was being paid. Plus we have no idea what kind of raise was being talked about for Gus. Plus as I said, it's not like he was being paid minimum wage anyway. You act like they were paying him $6/HR or something.

FYI i work for the Uofa i can see what the coaches make.  Another note yes he was "working for minimum wage" when compared to ALL OTHER OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS IN THE SEC, AKA HIS PEERS.

ANd i never said Gus cared at all what Lee is making, news flash I AM NOT GUS MALZAHN, I am however a tax payer of the State of Arkansas, and this is a HORRIBLE BUSINESS DEAL. You trade Gus's salary of the bare min. for David Lee's bloated salary and what exactly did you get?

a twice fired "never has been" yes man for your STATE TAX DOLLARS, none of his salary is paid for by the foundation it is all from state funds.

I'll guarantee you that if you go around tracking down every penny that the State of Arkansas wastes that you will find that not only are there state employees making far more than Lee for doing nothing, the $160K or so that he is paid is an insignificant drop in the bucket. Does that make it right? No, but it does make it one of those things that we are far better off not knowing.

Also, true Lee's paycheck comes from state money, but you can guarantee that whatever he earns is put back into the state's coffers tenfold by the revenue generated from the athletic department, so the state isn't really out any money on the deal, and in fact they are making a huge amount of money off the football program.

You do realize you know absolutely nothing about how the State funds the University of Arkansas right? The state gives a specific amount of cash to the school NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE FOOTBALL TEAM MAKES.

If the football team doesnt make money the only thing that will change is there would be less womens sponsored sports teams.

AandB

May 22, 2007, 04:44:51 pm #154 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:47:31 pm by AandB
Quote from: razorbass on May 22, 2007, 04:41:57 pm
Quote from: AandB on May 22, 2007, 04:38:49 pm

Sorry but i dont drink the Kool-aid of a TWICE FIRED coach coming back for round 3 with the UofA, with only Tony Romo as his lone positive (unproven as in only a few games he could suck this year).

I agree completely Romo showed that he can be great, then choke right afterwards. Yes David Lee has some experience and years under his belt, but Malazahn is a proven winner. Can't wait to see the first school that gives him a HC job get the payoff.
he's a proven winner on the high school level big difference! The only reason he was believed to be so good was because D MAC and Felix made him look good >:(

So then if we do so well this year it will be the same reason you can't chalk this one up to david lee if thats the reasoning.
Haven't chalked anything up for him yet wait and see if he can get the passing game going and then see. Gus could not do it.

Yeah I forget how much we tried to use it, those 3 deep passes down field at the end of the game must be his fault as well. Just bad coaching on his part, HDN had nothing to do with it.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: BubbaHawg on May 22, 2007, 04:18:50 pm
Wasn't Lee brought in to help, not replace Gus?  Instead Gus left for Tulsa and now Lee is the full time OC instead of splitting it.

The last thing Gus needed was help from Lee, I can assure you!

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:28:28 pm
You are missing the entire post 311 - it is none of Coach X's business what Coach Y was being paid. Plus we have no idea what kind of raise was being talked about for Gus. Plus as I said, it's not like he was being paid minimum wage anyway. You act like they were paying him $6/HR or something.

Of course we will never know what the raise was that Nutt promised, due to Nutt going back on his word of the new contract and raise.  If I recall, Nutt made the promise at the press conference immediately after the Cap One bowl, but when Gus discovered the Lee hiring and left, there still had never been any other talks about the new contract.  In the meantime, less than two weeks after Cap One bowl, Reggie had a new contract and raise.   Something amiss there?

razorbass

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on May 22, 2007, 04:43:08 pm
You sound just like Nutt with the incorrecting spelling. 
This is a Discusion board not a spelling bee. For  example as lnog as you get the frist letetr and the lsat letetr you can undresartd the msessage becuase your barin can only copmprend so much.  :P :P

BartIV

Lets wait and see what Gus does at Tulsa in about 3 years once he has all of his recruits.  One thing is nice, he will be able to open up an offense at Tulsa.  People don't expect as much.
Lets wait and see what David Lee does in one year with all of these RB's he has.  A dead roach could run this offense this year with these RB's, just hand the ball off to D-Mac and Jones, its simple. These two will give David Lee another 3-5 years at Arkansas just because of their abilities.  He will become an offensive genius for the first time in his life.

oldtimerhog

Sit back and watch, he will be a star in the coaching profession!

djgaffer

Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:42:16 pm
Quote from: djgaffer on May 22, 2007, 04:36:03 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:25:01 pm
Quote from: djgaffer on May 22, 2007, 04:19:27 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:07:33 pm
Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:05:58 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 04:01:40 pm
Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 04:00:12 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 03:54:12 pm
and yeah, keep saying it was gus who won us 10 straight games.  oh wait, it was gus and mitch right?  Dont forget damian.  I dont think anyone else had anything to do with it.  Give me a break.  I could have won those 10 games with the talent we had.

I searched the ENTIRE thread and didn't find a single post claiming that Gus won 10 games for us last season. Oh wait - I did factually state that the team won 10 games last season with him as the OC. Look he and HDN and RH and every other coach deserve EXACTLY the same amount of credit for last season, and the same amount of blame - ok not Shibest, that SOB should be fired ASAP.

Not to mention the crux of the matter:

"Salary Justification" if Bsking or anyone else for that matter could win 10 games with the talent on this past years team, then it begs the question why do they make millions of dollars and furthermore a RAISE/extension?

I'm not crying over Gus leaving, but certainly he had some positive impact with our program last season, just as Nutt did. Those that claim otherwise are simply fooling themselves.

Well Lee gets hired for ruffly twice Gus's salary what has he done? I hate to break it down in terms of $$ for production but the current coaching staff is horrible in that respect.

If you're able to put on a resume that you've been a coordinator multiple times, been a head coach at the college level, been in the NFL even in the front office; you're going to make more money than a guy whose resume reads "high school coach". 

Leave the names out of it and that just makes sense.  I would assume if we went looking for a new coach you would be willing to pay a current head coach more money than a coordinator who'd never had a head coaching job before or a high school head coach.  That's just business.

Are you freaking serious?

HEre let me give you an example of David Lee's resume

-Twice hired and fired from the University of ARkansas for not being able to develop a passing game

-Fired from UTEP for winning 11 games in FIVE YEARS

-Film guy and Tony Romo's friend with the Dallas Cowboys moved on after new coaching staff was hired.

OMG YOU ARE RIGHT THAT IS AN IMPRESSIVE RESUME,

It makes perfect sense for you to supplant the first year OC making "minimum wage for collage coaches", who just came off a 10-4 season with the above guy and pay him twice as much.

Makes perfect sense ...

Butch Davis was fired for ineptitude from the Browns.  Should he leave "NFL head coach" off his resume?

Yes,
Coordinator, College Head Coach, NFL Front office  >  High School Head coach. 

There will come a time when you will get a job (most likely).  You might be better, smarter, etc than a guy who has 15 years in the business.  He will make more money than you until you get the experience. 

I just hired for my office.  I got a person who is very bright and I think can be a star in this business.  I got her on the cheap because she only has a couple of years of experience.  In 5 years she will likely be worth almost twice what she is today.  Same person.  Same skills.  That's just business.

Your example doesnt hold water Butch Davis WON A NATIONAL TITLE as a Head Coach at the College level and most people believe he did an ok job with the Browns but some NFL franchises just suck.

David Lee BLEW ASS as a college head coach, and was a glorified film editor with the Dallas Cowboys how are the two in anyway related other then they are both Male, and work in the football business?

Believe me i understand how much experience can get you, but you are discounting BAD EXPERIENCE, if your experience in football is a LOSING ONE that isnt a good thing.

If you were facing a hire, could only pick one person would you take the person with little to no high level experience but won at every low level they been at, young, could get them for cheap and they would be hungry for success

or

would you take the old guy, who has like a 11-70 record in their one chance at the big time, the guy who yourself had already fired once from the same position, and whom has been working in a film room somewhere in obsurity and knew it would cost you the big $$

Which would you hire? how much would you pay them?

I'm not choosing either of them.  I'm just telling you why he was paid more.  The head coach wanted him.  His experience warranted the salary.  That's all.  If we go hire Barry Lunney to coordinate next year, he'll be paid a lot less. 

To answer the "which I want" question... I wish Gus was still here.  I don't want to go to the no huddle, but he brought a lot of creativity to the offense last year.  I'm glad Lee is here to work with the quarterbacks and implement some protection schemes.  I wish there were a way to keep it as it was going to be set up with both of them being here.  Since that obviously didn't work out, I'll be happy to see what Lee brings in the fall. 

arkrzrbacks

Why was Lee fired or resigned (haha) the first two times? Too improve offensive performance. Wait was he brought back to improve offensive performance? Crap I'm confused.  Gus all the way babbyyy!

noprayerfornutt

Quote from: Pignoramus on May 22, 2007, 04:51:25 pm
David Lee could have helped Gus - may have.

Congrats, you win an autographed Rick Shaffer coffee mug.  In what, breaking down film?

oldtimerhog

What in the hell is a Malazahn.  You have been listening to Nutt too long!

razorbass

Quote from: oldtimerhog on May 22, 2007, 04:52:56 pm

Sit back and watch, he will be a star in the coaching profession!
I did not say that he wouldn't just said that D MAC and Felix is what made him look so good this past year. I may be wrong but i still want to see it done!!

Hawglover888

Quote from: swisshog on May 22, 2007, 01:31:05 pm
Gus.

he did more in his 1 year here than Lee did in all the other times he has worked here.

I thought this offense was all HDN's.   That's what you guys keep saying.  Gus didn't get to call his plays.... HDN was always overruling his calls... etc, etc.  You can't have it both ways.  If what you "Darksiders" say is true, then HDN is responsible for GUS winning coordinator of the year.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: Hawglover888 on May 22, 2007, 05:17:13 pm
Gus.

he did more in his 1 year here than Lee did in all the other times he has worked here.

I thought this offense was all HDN's.   That's what you guys keep saying.  Gus didn't get to call his plays.... HDN was always overruling his calls... etc, etc.  You can't have it both ways.  If what you "Darksiders" say is true, then HDN is responsible for GUS winning coordinator of the year.

Nutt is only responsible for destroying our football program.  He will be known for that for many years to come!

Silver Hog

Gus is a winner, lee is a loser.  And lose we will this year, just wait and see.

Silver Hog

Quote from: oldtimerhog on May 22, 2007, 05:22:46 pm
Quote from: Hawglover888 on May 22, 2007, 05:17:13 pm
Gus.

I thought this offense was all HDN's.   That's what you guys keep saying.  Gus didn't get to call his plays.... HDN was always overruling his calls... etc, etc.  You can't have it both ways.  If what you "Darksiders" say is true, then HDN is responsible for GUS winning coordinator of the year.

Nutt is only responsible for destroying our football program.  He will be known for that for many years to come!

We may be dead before Nutt is forgotten.  he's that bad to the program.

Hugulus Hog

The Malzahn offense only works in Varsity Blues. He might as well be called Gus Moxon.

David Lee is by far the better choice.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: d1nonlyhogfan on May 22, 2007, 01:42:47 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 01:39:30 pm
what was David Lee's record at UTEP?
He won 11 games total in 5 seasons.

This unemployed and failed film-splicer was scooped up by the genius Nutt at $300,000 per year.

All we're getting is a Nutt loyalist yes-man.

malzhanista

David Lee's OC experience is running the bone at Rice, and a year at New Mexico?
Playing catch with romo in the spring when the real coaches were preparing for the draft?
Didn't he only win 5 games in 5 years as a head coach?
And we're paying him 300 grand?

I'm less than impressed with his coaching, and downright astounded at the stupidity of his salary.

Just think how many texts that could have paid for.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Hugulus Hog on May 22, 2007, 05:27:13 pm
The Malzahn offense only works in Varsity Blues. He might as well be called Gus Moxon.

Which offense is that?

The HUNH that the Colts run?

or

The Spread that Florida runs?
Retired Radio Host

The Hog

Hallelujah someone I totally agree with about David Lee.  +10 311 Hog!
Automatic RUN!

LoveTheHogs

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 22, 2007, 06:34:40 pm

Which offense is that?

or

First off - The offense the Colts run is NOT the HUNH, because there is no such thing as a HUNH offense, only a HUHN philiosophy, second of all, both of those programs ran their offense long before Gus ever came to the UA so if you're trying to imply that these two programs were influenced in anyway by Gus, well that's wrong.

bsking

Quote from: oldtimerhog on May 22, 2007, 04:47:33 pm
Wasn't Lee brought in to help, not replace Gus?  Instead Gus left for Tulsa and now Lee is the full time OC instead of splitting it.

An unproven, HIGHSCHOOL coach could never do without help from an NFL coach, i can assure you.  Gus would tell you that himself.

toshortrock

without doubt,and reading the other 100 letters,this is Lee;s 3rd round,u tell me who do u think ought to be there,,,3rd time,,,0 for 3
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

bphi11ips

Quote from: swisshog on May 22, 2007, 05:24:19 pm
Gus is a winner, lee is a loser.  And lose we will this year, just wait and see.

I'm not going to run David Lee down, but everything about Gus Malzahn screams winner.  He is one of the best and brightest young coordinators out there.  Rivals got that.  Malzahn had as much to do with DMac's over the top success last year as did the 5th year O-Line.  And that's not taking away from DMac's Heisman caliber talent.  I'll predict Malzahn will be the head coach at a BCS school within 5 years and will win a BCS bowl within 10.

The upside for Malzahn is huge and I'd take him hands down.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

porknbeans

Everything I've read says the hands-down choice is Gus Malzahn - the consummate professional who understands the game thoroughly and directs with a calm, non-spastic demeanor.

For those touting David Lee's role as a coach for the Cowboys, he was the quality control coach. It was explained to me that his job was to watch film of the Cowboys as though he were an opposing coach and try and spot things which would give away plays or tip off the Cowboy's tendencies. No game planning input as far as I know
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

LoveTheHogs

My understanding was that he was in charge of making sure Romo had some half time entertaintment at each game and that is the real reason Romo appreciated having him around. LOL

Bvilleboar

David Lee was a glorified film room lackie with the cowboys.  He and Romo were so close because with a veteran QB like Bledsoe Lee could not even get his ear for advice.  Lee turned to Romo who at the time was a nobody in the league.  Romo loved the attention and support from a Coach as many back ups get little to no reps or attention.  Those Romo's loyalty to Lee.  Lee has been fired by NUTT himself once before and now he is an offensive genius?
2012 the year of the HOGS

bsking

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 07:04:03 pm

Which offense is that?

or

First off - The offense the Colts run is NOT the HUNH, because there is no such thing as a HUNH offense, only a HUHN philiosophy, second of all, both of those programs ran their offense long before Gus ever came to the UA so if you're trying to imply that these two programs were influenced in anyway by Gus, well that's wrong.

whoa big shooter...I was just responding to the guy that said it wouldn't work. 

You are right, the Hunh is a philosophy.

I NEVER said Gus was the one that influenced them.  I'm not sure what or who you were reading, but it wasn't me.
Retired Radio Host

LoveTheHogs

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 22, 2007, 08:46:56 pm
Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 07:04:03 pm

Which offense is that?

or

whoa big shooter...I was just responding to the guy that said it wouldn't work. 

You are right, the Hunh is a philosophy.

I NEVER said Gus was the one that influenced them.  I'm not sure what or who you were reading, but it wasn't me.

Apologies then, I misunderstood that you were trying to credit UF and Indy to "high school".

Don't get all bent out of shape about the high school you goobers, I was only kidding around.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: hogtastic14 on May 22, 2007, 01:44:06 pm
Quote from: Flatfoot on May 22, 2007, 01:39:34 pm
Gus..........

David Lee has been here twice already.  If he was so great why did he leave?

hmm.....be an assistant for the cowboys or the QB coach for the HOGS???? Are you an idiot?
I was wondering the exact same thing about you...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 07:16:08 pm

An unproven, HIGHSCHOOL coach could never do without help from an NFL coach, i can assure you.  Gus would tell you that himself.

When did we get an NFL coach?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

LoveTheHogs

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on May 22, 2007, 10:08:49 pm

When did we get an NFL coach?

Actually that would have been last year when we hired A Wood.

hawaiianhogster

Coach Mal-a-zahn highschool all the way baby!

arcowboy

We have David Lee because Jerry Jones wanted rid of him..  He most likely had time left on his contract, thus Jerry Jones would have had to keep paying him if he fired him..  So, the good old boy network of Arkansas went to work.  We saw how Jerry Jones sucks up to Broyles, and vice versa.   So Nutt was told to hire Lee by Jones and Broyles and Jerry got out of the contract.  Just my own opinion.  I am tired of the Broyles mafia ways.   It is time for a complete house cleaning on the hill.

LoveTheHogs

Quote from: arcowboy on May 22, 2007, 10:23:53 pm
We have David Lee because Jerry Jones wanted rid of him..  He most likely had time left on his contract, thus Jerry Jones would have had to keep paying him if he fired him..  So, the good old boy network of Arkansas went to work.  We saw how Jerry Jones sucks up to Broyles, and vice versa.   So Nutt was told to hire Lee by Jones and Broyles and Jerry got out of the contract.  Just my own opinion.  I am tired of the Broyles mafia ways.   It is time for a complete house cleaning on the hill.

Yes, I'm very sure it went down like that. I mean I guarantee you that billionaire Jones was really worried about that last $1.95 he owed Lee on his contract. Get over all these conspiracies.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 10:27:53 pm
Quote from: arcowboy on May 22, 2007, 10:23:53 pm
We have David Lee because Jerry Jones wanted rid of him..  He most likely had time left on his contract, thus Jerry Jones would have had to keep paying him if he fired him..  So, the good old boy network of Arkansas went to work.  We saw how Jerry Jones sucks up to Broyles, and vice versa.   So Nutt was told to hire Lee by Jones and Broyles and Jerry got out of the contract.  Just my own opinion.  I am tired of the Broyles mafia ways.   It is time for a complete house cleaning on the hill.

Yes, I'm very sure it went down like that. I mean I guarantee you that billionaire Jones was really worried about that last $1.95 he owed Lee on his contract. Get over all these conspiracies.

When your a billionaire things go the way you want them to.

oldtimerhog

Quote from: malzhanista on May 22, 2007, 05:39:11 pm
David Lee's OC experience is running the bone at Rice, and a year at New Mexico?
Playing catch with romo in the spring when the real coaches were preparing for the draft?
Didn't he only win 5 games in 5 years as a head coach?
And we're paying him 300 grand?

I'm less than impressed with his coaching, and downright astounded at the stupidity of his salary.

Just think how many texts that could have paid for.

Yeah, what a waste!

oldtimerhog

BS

oldtimerhog

Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 08:46:02 pm
NFL > Highschool

Lee's position with the Cowboys is nowhere close to "NFL".  He was a quality control waterboy.

LoveTheHogs

Quote from: oldtimerhog on May 22, 2007, 11:03:11 pm
Quote from: bsking on May 22, 2007, 08:46:02 pm
NFL > Highschool

Lee's position with the Cowboys is nowhere close to "NFL".  He was a quality control waterboy.

Why do you have to resort to insulting Lee just b/c Gus is gone? I guarantee Dallas didn't give him the job b/c they felt sorry for him, there was a reason. I hope he brings that reason to the Hogs and we climb the ladder of success. Pardon the pun- had to do it.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: BubbaHawg on May 22, 2007, 03:08:09 pm
Quote from: wholehog92 on May 22, 2007, 02:39:50 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 22, 2007, 02:25:50 pm
Quote from: BubbaHawg on May 22, 2007, 02:21:51 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 22, 2007, 02:14:13 pm
Quote from: BubbaHawg on May 22, 2007, 02:03:30 pm
Gus.

You know whats funny....is in any other thread you same guys will say Nutt called all the plays and GM only called the plays for one series against USC.  So how has he proven himself or done more?  I like GM and wish he was still here but you guys contradict yourselves so bad its stupid.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) and you call us stupid?  Good grief.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I love your posts.  If any post doesnt agree with your opions then its absurd and trash.  Read my post again.  I never called you stupid. 

You are right.  You didn't call me stupid.  I should not have inferred that you did.

It isn't "if any post doesn't agree with.." my opinions then it's absurd or trash.  There are many I have intelligent debate with on here. 

You just aren't one of them.

Kidding.

mostly.

I wouldn't know uncle if he was walking down the street, but I love it when he posts.  He is one of the most open minded posters on this board.  He stays on topic and most of all he is logical.  If you had read, he addressed the very question you originally posed before you posted.  Ugly has more patience than I and you would do well to thank him for it because he is far wittier than you and could make you look very silly.

Thanks for your 2 cents worth but ugly posted that while I was typing mine.  Excuse the he!! outta me.
It's not like that was the first time the info has been posted in response to a vapid post like yours...

cselby72

pizwilly

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 22, 2007, 01:39:48 pm
Hogs fans have a very short memory.  David Lee was replaced at Arkansas to improve the passing game but now has has been hired to improve it?  Only in the delusional world of Nutt ball.

Plus 1

hogtheznutts

Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 03:50:26 pm
Quote from: silvertip on May 22, 2007, 03:49:05 pm
this shouldnt even be debatable.  Gus is a freaking rookie head coach who has proven NOTHING in NCAA football.  Lee has proven that he is good enough to be on the coaching staff of a SUCCESSFUL NFL TEAM.  I dont remember anyone from the NFL calling gus' name before he came to the hogs. 

I can't remember anyone from the NFL calling Lee's name before he came running back to HDN.

Ok Gus is Unproven, and Lee has proven HE SUCKS  which do you want and for twice the price?

My gosh 311 do you have a man crush thing going with gus or are you his wife.  You throw out more trash, Lee sucks, Lee sucks, Lee sucks but it's rather obvious that you might have a little thing for Gus.  Whether you like it or not David Lee is proven and well respected at the college and pro ranks and Gus is still an unknown that no big program or pro team is willing to take a risk on.  Now this may or may not change in the future but right now that's the way it is.

Let me remind you your opine means nothing to anyone involved in organized football at the collegiate or pro level.  The good news is it never will because you have little knowledge and throw out  more BS "facts" just because you really like a HS coach or his offense.  That leads me to believe your either Gus's wife or a Beast light can need to drop on you and that would be your definition of a "fact".

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: hogtheznutts on May 23, 2007, 07:08:26 am
Quote from: 311Hog on May 22, 2007, 03:50:26 pm
Quote from: silvertip on May 22, 2007, 03:49:05 pm

I can't remember anyone from the NFL calling Lee's name before he came running back to HDN.

Ok Gus is Unproven, and Lee has proven HE SUCKS  which do you want and for twice the price?

My gosh 311 do you have a man crush thing going with gus or are you his wife.  You throw out more trash, Lee sucks, Lee sucks, Lee sucks but it's rather obvious that you might have a little thing for Gus.  Whether you like it or not David Lee is proven and well respected at the college and pro ranks and Gus is still an unknown that no big program or pro team is willing to take a risk on.  Now this may or may not change in the future but right now that's the way it is.

Let me remind you your opine means nothing to anyone involved in organized football at the collegiate or pro level.  The good news is it never will because you have little knowledge and throw out  more BS "facts" just because you really like a HS coach or his offense.  That leads me to believe your either Gus's wife or a Beast light can need to drop on you and that would be your definition of a "fact".

No Gus crush here, but could you explain to me or give me something to go on where David Lee is proven? and irregardless of if he is well respected or not at the college and pro ranks, where are you basing his succesful history or accomplishments?