Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

National Championship Predictions

Started by UhOhioHog, May 22, 2007, 08:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: Grateful Hog on May 22, 2007, 08:37:08 am
Arkansas Razorbacks 2007 National Champions.

We lose one game like Florida did last year, sneak into the BCS championship game and beat an undfeated and undeserving West Virginia squad.

Dmac brings home heisman, snaps heisman jinx by rushing for 185 and two scores in national championship game.

Nutt hangs up the reigns to live a quiet life in Oklahoma. Butch Davis replaces the embadled coach and all is right with hogville.
Glass Pipe with resin..
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

hawaiianhogster

If Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsins out of conference games are as weak as they were last year we could see one of them there again.

I'm rooting for a major underdog to make it.

cresentcitycouchon

Quote from: LoveTheHogs on May 22, 2007, 03:30:35 pm
So, you're saying that the kid they will play at QB this year sucks b/c he sat behind Russell last year?

OK - I guess M Leinhart sucks because he played behind Carson Palmer

Or - I guess Felix Jones sucks because he plays behind McFadden.

Get real, just because the kid set on the bench behind the number one pick in the NFL draft doesn't mean he isn't a solid QB. PLUS the fact is that LSU won't have to score many points to win games because their defense will be one of the better defenses we've ever seen in college football.

Sucks? my comments stated they were going to win 9-10 games this year?!

Sounds like a solid season to me. 6-2 might win the West this year, who knows. My point was, I don't see them running the table, I mean, even in '03 when they shared the MNC with USC, they lost to FL that year.

Tusks

USC and LSU....gotta see them play first to pick a winner.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

cresentcitycouchon

my other concern with Flynn is: can he manage the offense 12 games without "cracking" under pressure, his resume has how many "starts" under his belt? As I recollect, he's mainly played in"mop up" duty...big difference!
Don't forget, they've no longer got Jimbo Fisher as the OC..it's Crowten, so, who knows if Flynn adjusts to Crowtens philosophy well,etc..

It absolutely makes a difference in the complexion of the team when there's a "turnover" in personnel. There is this thing called the NFL draft...and/ or graduation.

I need to watch them develop too Nutted...

coachp

Quote from: TX HOG on May 22, 2007, 09:40:03 am
Quote from: dqhog33 on May 22, 2007, 09:27:03 am
The Aggies will be a dominant team this year, thats right Aggies.  I guess USC is favorite though.  Hopefully the Hogs can make another run.

they are recruiting VERY well already this year, getting some good Texas kids.

Okie is getting some great texas players this year, everyone that Aggie had committed early has backed out.  Yes, I did say everyone (all of their highly touted).  This is shaping up to be Aggie's worse class under Fran.  i would love to see my Horns in the title game but it will not happen this year.  The year after will be their year.

USC v. Texas, Auburn, Michigan -- my beloved Horns being the least likely.  Some school with a bunch of kids texas did not offer will get up for them and whoop our a**. 

AlcoHOGic

USC vs. Arkansas.

Hogs stomp USC, Dmac is the heisman, Nutt announces he's resigning and tells haters to kiss his a$$.

Mitch and Damian are seen in an emotional embrace, balling like school girls. Broderick Green is seen wiping their tears and handing them some of his money left over from his recruitment.

Malzahn is fired b/c Tulsa goes 1-11, with the worst offense in the nation. David Lee is named Rival OC of the year.

Thats what my crystal ball says.

razorbackmkh

USC and LSU

I agree with these two in the BCS game; however, I feel like LSU will be able to handle USC just fine and it will be one of those games that comes down the the end of the fourth quarter, either a field goal or two point conversion.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: BigDave70 on May 22, 2007, 10:53:56 am
Arkansas all the way
Since it didn't happen for Nutt in 2006, it never will.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: AlcoHOGic on May 24, 2007, 02:43:52 pm
USC vs. Arkansas.

Hogs stomp USC, Dmac is the heisman, Nutt announces he's resigning and tells haters to kiss his a$$.

Mitch and Damian are seen in an emotional embrace, balling like school girls. Broderick Green is seen wiping their tears and handing them some of his money left over from his recruitment.

Malzahn is fired b/c Tulsa goes 1-11, with the worst offense in the nation. David Lee is named Rival OC of the year.

I think you meant to say that's what your crystal meth says.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

tweaky1

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tweaky1 on May 24, 2007, 04:42:59 pm
LSU-no quarterback-no chance

At this point, I would vote for an LSU-USC end of season BCS Championship game.
Go Hogs Go!

351hog

moses_007

We lose one game like Florida did last year, sneak into the BCS championship game and beat an undfeated and undeserving West Virginia squad.

Dmac brings home heisman, snaps heisman jinx by rushing for 185 and two scores in national championship game.

Nutt hangs up the reigns to live a quiet life in Oklahoma. Butch Davis replaces the embadled coach and all is right with hogville.

That would be nice.  But I've got to see it to believe it.

myriad_rocker

Well, everyone has to have a dream...

Fourhogs

Quote from: USAF Hog on May 22, 2007, 11:02:32 am
Hate to say it, but it's going to be LSU.

That being said, you never can tell what's going to happen when 22 guys on a field start playing tackle chess.

Or in Nutt's case...checkers.

King-Tusk

Quote from: AlcoHOGic on May 24, 2007, 02:43:52 pm
USC vs. Arkansas.

I would love to see my Hogs win a NC, but nutt will never even coach a team in a NC game let alone win one.  Tulsa will not have the worst offense in the country. They won't have the best, but it won't be the worst.  Your love of nutt is even lowering you to bash 3 kids who decided that they wanted to play for a school that will give them a chance to develop.  Nice going there chief.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

fullfan

First let me be clear as a lifelong Razorback fan I am pulling for my team, the Hogs, to win it all.   Realistically, I don't think they will win a National Championship this year or probably any year with Nutt.  But I am pulling for the players.   

That said, If we are not going to win it all then I would like to see USC go all the way.  Damian, Mitch, and Broderick all Arkansas kids could get a NC ring even if they are red-shirting.   Might be justice for Damian since he gave up a National Championship season and ring when he pulled his commitment from Florida and chose to believe the lie and come to UofA.

That aside - with talent at USC they are about as good a choice as any to will the NC.