Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruz Williams from Pulaski Academy will announce his college decision at 9:00

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 18, 2007, 08:09:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

joebut18

Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 09:22:32 am
When you're 6'6 240lbs. and run a 4.38, you don't need prepping.  What did Nutt do to prep Matt?

Not worth discussing with you....you are the type that would never give HDN credit for anything.  Waste of my time.

whocares

oh now its what did Nutt do to get him ready!! Its always something always. You guys are crazy imo no matter what your going to say something about Nutt. Matt Jones got drafted in the first round but now its what did Nutt do to get him ready for it. Come on and TX why should anyone listen to what you say when you say something so dumb like half the states top WR's left last year when I dont believe we offered any but  Tuck.

TX HOG

Quote from: whocares on May 18, 2007, 09:22:29 am
TX hog name ONE WR FROM LAST YEAR THAT ARKANSAS offered in state that left??? What are you talking about?? YOu keep saying half the top WRs from Arkansas left the state I believe Tuck was the only WR that we offered from last year inside Arkansas and we got him. Please tell me what you are talking about.

This has nothing to do with Arkansas WR's.  I'm saying kids don't have great loyalty to their home state university.  They go where they can be most successful.  "Big time" WR's too often don't come to Arkansas because we don't throw the ball enough.  Therefore, I understand why he might not come to Arkansas.

whocares

does anyone know if Cruz has announced like someone said he would at 9 am 20 minutes ago?

TX HOG

Quote from: joebut18 on May 18, 2007, 09:24:27 am
When you're 6'6 240lbs. and run a 4.38, you don't need prepping.  What did Nutt do to prep Matt?

Not worth discussing with you....you are the type that would never give HDN credit for anything.  Waste of my time.

I will give credit where credit is due.  Tell me one thing Nutt did to prepare Matt for the NFL?  One thing.

OzarkHighs

LJHOG

Quote from: PaleHorse on May 18, 2007, 09:11:20 am
Quote from: swisshog on May 18, 2007, 09:07:45 am
For the record, Tulsa is a D-1 program.  And they have beat the hogs before.

Yea, we have a 0.743 win% vs Tusa.

Last coach to lose to Tulsa was Frank Broyles. (He Lost to Tulsa 4 times)

http://www.razorbacklegacy.com/features/opponents/?id=109
Unfortunately I was at the '71 game.  We could not cover Drew Pearson that day.  I sat there the whole time going wth is going on.

whocares

you said half the states top WR's didnt come to Arkansas and imo if that is true its bc ARkansas only offered ONE instate WR last year.

TX HOG

Quote from: whocares on May 18, 2007, 09:26:52 am
you said half the states top WR's didnt come to Arkansas and imo if that is true its bc ARkansas only offered ONE instate WR last year.

Once again I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT KIDS THAT WENT TO HIGHSCHOOL IN THE STATE OF ARKANSAS.   Last year kids went out of state just as often as they stayed in state ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY.  Kids go where they will be most successful.

TheHogFan

Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 09:26:24 am

I will give credit where credit is due.  Tell me one thing Nutt did to prepare Matt for the NFL?  One thing.
How about give him the ball every play and let him showcase his unbelievable skills? Is that good enough for you?

joebut18

Quote from: TX HOG on May 18, 2007, 09:26:24 am

Sorry I wasn't at the practices/pro days and didn't listen in/observe HDN's meetings and discussions with NFL general managers & scouts about Matt.  But something tells me that he did something to help Matt obtain his 1st round draft status.  Just as he did with Jamal's, Carrol's, etc...

solix

Quote from: casken on May 18, 2007, 09:31:09 am
Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 18, 2007, 09:26:30 am
Blah, Blah, Blah...any word yet? Is it on the radio somewhere?

Ditto, why does every thread get highjacked into a NUTT war!  Enuff already, what about the player?

thank god. i thought i was the only one that felt this way

TX HOG

Did you watch the games Matt played in.  He improvised almost every play, I'm sure most of the time Nutt had no idea what Matt was going to do.  His unbelievable natural ability got him to the NFL.  Nutt gave him the ball every play, who couldn't do that? 

japhog

Boner

Well, you could say that about half the players in the NFL.   At some point you have to give Nutt credit for recruiting a great talent or developing a great talent.  Sorry.

There's no doubt that Nutt showcased Matt Jones' skills for four year here and that helped him tremendously.

LJHOG

[/quote]
tell me whatever he did or didn't do has what to do with Cruz and where he goes to school?

OzarkHighs

Quote from: solix on May 18, 2007, 09:35:03 am
Quote from: casken on May 18, 2007, 09:31:09 am
Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 18, 2007, 09:26:30 am
Blah, Blah, Blah...any word yet? Is it on the radio somewhere?

Ditto, why does every thread get highjacked into a NUTT war!  Enuff already, what about the player?

thank god. i thought i was the only one that felt this way

I think folks just like to add their two cents to see their name come up...

*Refreshes to see name*

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 18, 2007, 09:13:55 am
Last I checked Houston didnt recruit Matt Jones to play WR he played QB here. So how would he count. Houston had nothing to do with him playing WR in the NFL. No way you can give NUTT credit for that!!

Matt Jones, Initially Committed to Oklahoma...as they said he would play WR, but would give him a shot at QB.

Nutt hired David Lee an Option Guy, and used the fact that he was going to have more option in his game play, and agreed to let Jones play QB....which convinced MJ to change his commitment.

Lest we forget...this was the wonderful year, Lee and Nutt put 4 different QB's in the UNLV (1st game) game and the whole time MJ was over on the sidelines humming a little tune to himself playing pocket pool until about midseason.

TX HOG

Quote from: Boner on May 18, 2007, 09:37:19 am

Well, you could say that about half the players in the NFL.   At some point you have to give Nutt credit for recruiting a great talent or developing a great talent.  Sorry.

There's no doubt that Nutt showcased Matt Jones' skills for four year here and that helped him tremendously.

I give him credit for getting Matt to Arkansas, he out recruited Oklahoma for Matt. 

hogsanity

Quote from: abraHAM_lincoln on May 18, 2007, 09:37:40 am
Last I checked Houston didnt recruit Matt Jones to play WR he played QB here. So how would he count. Houston had nothing to do with him playing WR in the NFL. No way you can give NUTT credit for that!!

Matt Jones, Initially Committed to Oklahoma...as they said he would play WR, but would give him a shot at QB.

Nutt hired David Lee an Option Guy, and used the fact that he was going to have more option in his game play, and agreed to let Jones play QB....which convinced MJ to change his commitment.

Lest we forget...this was the wonderful year, Lee and Nutt put 4 different QB's in the UNLV (1st game) game and the whole time MJ was over on the sidelines humming a little tune to himself playing pocket pool until about midseason.

Because he could not pass. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TX HOG

Quote from: LJHOG on May 18, 2007, 09:37:21 am

tell me whatever he did or didn't do has what to do with Cruz and where he goes to school?
[/quote]

Cruz will go where he wants to.  I want him to be a Razorback, but I totally undertand if he goes somewhere that had more of a commitment to passing the ball.  I think he'll be a Razorback, because he wants to stay in state.  If he leaves, I understand, can't blame a WR wanting to go to school that throws more.

slopinhogs

hdn has a track record but it is listed with the also rans. we have put enough in ther NFL to warrant and arkansas boy to want to go there. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Boner

Quote from: hogsanity on May 18, 2007, 09:39:36 am

Because he could not pass. 

And because he was a true freshman and it was the first game of the season.  Goodness, of all the things to complain about Matt Jones not playing QB in his first game is not a biggy.

Boner

This thread is even more evidence that, yes, there are many people who want the program to fail as long as Nutt goes down with it.

BigDeal

Great decision. I back him 100% on that. Hopefully he can follow in the foot steps of Matt Jones.

TX HOG

Quote from: slopinhogs on May 18, 2007, 09:41:27 am
hdn has a track record but it is listed with the also rans. we have put enough in ther NFL to warrant and arkansas boy to want to go there. :razorback:

Can't understand what you said

jhudson84

Fayetnam

DeltaBoy

Well hopefully NUTTBOY and Mr lee can get him on the field opposite Monk and let  Monk get some relief!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jhudson84

whocares

HoopS

TX HOG

jhudson84

CRUZ WILLIAMS
Ht: 6-foot-4
Wt: 206 lbs
Forty: 4.49 secs
Bench max: 250 pounds
Bench reps: 8
Vertical: 33 inches
Shuttle: 4.1 secs
GPA: 3.0

Offers from:
Arkansas, GA Tech, Ole Miss, Miss. St., Ok. St, and Tulsa

Statistics   G     No   Yds     Avg     TD    Lg   UT   AT Tck
2006 (Jr.)   14   57    1,200   21.1    19   78     3    3    6

whocares

i have heard it is between Arkansas and tulsa wow please pick arkansas cruz.

TX HOG

TheHogFan

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 18, 2007, 09:46:33 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on May 18, 2007, 09:39:32 am

Jone NEVER committed to Oklahoma. Wow.

I believe he did.  If my memory serves me correctly, Joe Ferguson was the QB coach at the time Matt committed to OU.  The "story" making the rounds was that Joe told Matt and his dad that Matt would never make it as an NLF QB and that he should probably work on being a WR.  Matt committed to OU and about a week later, Joe "retires" from the U of A staff.  Shortly thereafter, Matt changes his "commitment" from OU to Arkansas and the rest is history.
That is not how I remember it, but I could be wrong.

slopinhogs

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DEVIL DOG HOG

It's a SAD day when we compare the Hog football to Tulsa football.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

TX HOG

slopinhogs

OzarkHighs

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 18, 2007, 09:51:54 am
Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 18, 2007, 09:08:31 am
*Yawn*...what's the word? Is he a hog?

Moved to 10:00 a.m. (cst)

Thanks for the heads up...now I can get a little work done before the announcement.

TX HOG

LJHOG

I hope he signs with us.  Tall WR's are good and 4.5 ain't shabby either.

TX HOG