Started by Houston h, May 17, 2007, 10:54:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgaramus

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 12:06:14 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 12:01:40 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 11:58:47 am
Quote from: Pignoramus on May 17, 2007, 11:52:28 am
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 10:54:50 am
Given the fact that CD has limited mobility, a weak arm and terrible accuracy and a inexperienced offensive line........give me your thoughts on this.  Why not move DMac to the qb position permanently, running from the wildcat formation or shotgun formation, similar to that ran by West Virginia with Slaton and White.  DMac has a great arm and with time spent at the position, the offense could develop enough passing plays to keep the defense honest.  He is such a threat to run out of the backfield that I believe, the passing game would be wide open.  DMac at qb, out the shotgun....Jones at tailback and Hillis, Smith or Fish at a flanker spot along with Monk and a quality #2 and Cleveland at tight end.  I think the offense would be much more dangerous than having a immobile, horrible passer under center that allows the defense to key primarily on DMac. 

Casey Dick is a very solid quarterback.  Replacing offensive linemen could be tricky, but I think Casey will do well.  The two Nathans will be good, solid qbs this fall, too.  And I'll take Casey's accuracy over you-know-who's any ol' day of the week.

3-17 with 1 interception against LSU is accurate?

so 5-15 with 3 interceptions is accurate?  I guess you think Mustain has no accuracy then either? 

Why don't you stop focusing on his worst game and look at how he played over the course of the season?

Ok, 1 and 3 as a starter!  MM was a true freshman playing in the SEC without the support of his head coach or any other coaches on the staff other than GM and still went 7-0! BAM!!!!!

BAM what???  Are you really that stupid?  Put Dick in as the starter the entire season and we are still likely to be 7-0 in that stretch.  With the exception of the Vanderbilt, Mustain really didn't shine in any other game. 

And I'm not bashing Mustain.  I think he did very well as a true freshman.  But to give him credit for the 7-0 and bash Dick just because he isn't Mustain is just wrong.

TheHogFan

Given the fact that CD has limited mobility, a weak arm and terrible accuracy and a inexperienced offensive line........give me your thoughts on this.  Why not move DMac to the qb position permanently, running from the wildcat formation or shotgun formation, similar to that ran by West Virginia with Slaton and White.  DMac has a great arm and with time spent at the position, the offense could develop enough passing plays to keep the defense honest.  He is such a threat to run out of the backfield that I believe, the passing game would be wide open.  DMac at qb, out the shotgun....Jones at tailback and Hillis, Smith or Fish at a flanker spot along with Monk and a quality #2 and Cleveland at tight end.  I think the offense would be much more dangerous than having a immobile, horrible passer under center that allows the defense to key primarily on DMac. 
I am certainly not ready to just throw away Casey Dick. The kid may improve. All he has to do is be decent and we will be great. This is a ludacris idea.

Houston h

7-0 and headed to USC to be a star!

Houston h

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 17, 2007, 12:10:19 pm
I am certainly not ready to just throw away Casey Dick. The kid may improve. All he has to do is be decent and we will be great. This is a ludacris idea.

Ludicrous?  Ask Rich Rodriguez or Urban Meyer if it's ludicrous!  I'm not ready to throw Casey away either, it's not his fault that this all happened.  I'm just looking at it from the perspective of what can we do to get the most out of ALL our skill players.  Lining up with Dick at qb in a traditional set is only going to get DMac and Jones murdered by midseason because no one will fear Dick!

hawgaramus

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 12:11:04 pm

I hope he does become a star at USC, but do you think he would be 7-0 if we had played LSU and Florida in September / October instead of at the end of the season?

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 12:14:56 pm

I hope he does become a star at USC, but do you think he would be 7-0 if we had played LSU and Florida in September / October instead of at the end of the season?
who knows where Mitch would have taken us. Maybe even to a National Championship.  But now we have to watch Mitch and Damien take USC to a National Championship in the future.  Thats the life of a Hog FAn, watch and never learn.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 11:13:35 am
Quote from: Boarsbreath on May 17, 2007, 11:09:22 am
I don't know, we did pretty well last year with an immobile, horrible passer under center that allows the defense to key primarily on DMac.  

We did pretty well?  We went 1 and 3 with him starting!  LSU exposed him as all I described.  Want to rethink your last post?

Casey won in relief at USC.  I understand not giving him that win as a starter.  Didn't he beat Tennessee and Mississippi St. as a starter?  That is 2-3 giving him no credit at South Carolina.  Mitch had greater potential and did okay, but there performance overall was very comparible wasn't it?  I think we can win with Casey at QB and he made some big time 3rd down throws at SC and big plays against Tennessee.  He did play against the toughest part of the schedule.(@SC, Tenn, @MSU, LSU, Florida, Wisconsin)

wildhogman

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on May 17, 2007, 11:33:40 am
Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 11:19:47 am
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 11:14:58 am
Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 11:09:34 am
Given the fact that CD has limited mobility, a weak arm and terrible accuracy

Is it really alright to talk about current players on Hogville like this?   Are all those characteristics really facts?.....weren't CD's & MM's stats pretty much the same last season?   

Mitch was 7-0 as a starter, Dick was 1-3.  Those are facts that can't be denied.  As far as talking about current players, are you kidding.  Every other post is about DMac, why can't we talk about Houstons boy too?

Who was 7-0...Mitch or DMAC.....who do you really think?  

If you want to give D-Mac the credit for 7-0 then he gets the credit for the 1-4 that MM did not start.  The only glaring difference that I see is from the 7-0 and 1-4 is MM starting.
If thats the only glaring difference you see, I suggest you have someone else check for traffic before crossing any busy streets.
I see the records of our opponets, first 8 vs last 4. The fact Hillis was MIA the last 2 or 3 games. Alot of difference right there.
MM was very smooth at handing off and disguising the ball, and threw the screen to Jones exceptionally well. When it came to pasing down feild, neither Kid stood out.

LyonHog

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 11:41:49 am

Is it really alright to talk about current players on Hogville like this?   Are all those characteristics really facts?.....weren't CD's & MM's stats pretty much the same last season?   

Mitch was 7-0 as a starter, Dick was 1-3.  Those are facts that can't be denied.  As far as talking about current players, are you kidding.  Every other post is about DMac, why can't we talk about Houstons boy too?

If you want to give D-Mac the credit for 7-0 then he gets the credit for the 1-4 that MM did not start.  The only glaring difference that I see is from the 7-0 and 1-4 is MM starting.

The glaring difference that you are talking about is the quality of opponents that we played.  In the 7-0 stretch, we played ONE team with a winning record, Auburn, where Mustain threw a grand total of 10 times in that game.  I think its pretty safe to say that our running backs and not our quarterback won us that game.   The meat of our schedule came at the end when we played LSU, Florida, and Wisconsin, all of which finished in the top 5 for the season. 

You can't compare Mustain's record as a starter to Dick's record as a starter because Dick played a much tougher schedule.   If you can't understand this, I can't really help you.

Yes CD and MM had similar stats but look at how many games CD got mop up duty.  Look at how many time CD got to throw a deep ball the 1st play from the bench.  The two Qb's were given different plays to run and that contributes to CD's stats.

BartIV

Quote from: LyonHog on May 17, 2007, 12:33:41 pm

The glaring difference that you are talking about is the quality of opponents that we played.  In the 7-0 stretch, we played ONE team with a winning record, Auburn, where Mustain threw a grand total of 10 times in that game.  I think its pretty safe to say that our running backs and not our quarterback won us that game.   The meat of our schedule came at the end when we played LSU, Florida, and Wisconsin, all of which finished in the top 5 for the season. 

You can't compare Mustain's record as a starter to Dick's record as a starter because Dick played a much tougher schedule.   If you can't understand this, I can't really help you.

Yes CD and MM had similar stats but look at how many games CD got mop up duty.  Look at how many time CD got to throw a deep ball the 1st play from the bench.  The two Qb's were given different plays to run and that contributes to CD's stats.
Also, the two have different playing styles. CD is better at handing off the ball and Mitch Mustain is more of a spread offense/big numbers kinda player. They came from two different backgrounds.  Give Mitch his HUNH and things might have been different.

LyonHog

Quote from: gohawgsgo on May 17, 2007, 12:21:41 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 11:13:35 am
Quote from: Boarsbreath on May 17, 2007, 11:09:22 am
I don't know, we did pretty well last year with an immobile, horrible passer under center that allows the defense to key primarily on DMac.  

We did pretty well?  We went 1 and 3 with him starting!  LSU exposed him as all I described.  Want to rethink your last post?

Casey won in relief at USC.  I understand not giving him that win as a starter.  Didn't he beat Tennessee and Mississippi St. as a starter?  That is 2-3 giving him no credit at South Carolina.  Mitch had greater potential and did okay, but there performance overall was very comparible wasn't it?  I think we can win with Casey at QB and he made some big time 3rd down throws at SC and big plays against Tennessee.  He did play against the toughest part of the schedule.(@SC, Tenn, @MSU, LSU, Florida, Wisconsin)

THe first 3 teams ( SC, TN, & MSU) are not studs.  TN didn't have their starting QB, we nearly lost to SC if not for an interception and struggled with MSU.  When we played TN Dmc had 181 yds, so wouldn't we chalk up the win to him.  As good as Dmc is he is only 1 player.  Look at the last 3 games: he had over 100 yd in each game but we still lost b/c of no passing game.

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 12:36:12 pm

Also, the two have different playing styles. CD is better at handing off the ball and Mitch Mustain is more of a spread offense/big numbers kinda player. They came from two different backgrounds.  Give Mitch his HUNH and things might have been different.

So by what you just said, I'm assuming that you think Mitch is going to fail at USC.  They don't run the HUNH or the spread, and no shotgun at all.  He is going to be running  the same sets and formations that you guys claim hindered him last season. 

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 12:41:54 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 12:36:12 pm

So by what you just said, I'm assuming that you think Mitch is going to fail at USC.  They don't run the HUNH or the spread, and no shotgun at all.  He is going to be running  the same sets and formations that you guys claim hindered him last season. 
He has the top recruits in the Nation that will help him look good at whatever he does.

Houston h

Pete Carroll knows how to recognize and coach talent, I think that in itself will lend to helping MM become the player he can become.  He would have never grown as a player under Nutt, no qb ever has.  He made the right choice in leaving and definetly the right choice as to where he is heading.

hawgette

May 17, 2007, 12:45:34 pm #64 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:48:59 pm by hawgette
Spin Spin Spin

Look neither one lit it up as a QB.  Also the two played against different caliber of teams.   Mitch threw interceptions against LA Monore and Casey went 3 -27 or whatever against LSU.  Neither did great.  Fact is you cant compare their records bc 1 went against 3 (our loses) that finished in the top 6 in the country to one who yes 7-0 against only one final ranked team...Auburn.  Only threw 10 passes that game.

BartIV

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 12:44:33 pm
Pete Carroll knows talent, I think that in itself will lend to helping MM become the player he can become.  He would have never grown as a player under Nutt, no qb ever has.  He made the right choice in leaving and definetly the right choice as to where he is heading.
Even if he sits on the bench until his senior year, at USC the NFL teams will still keep an eye on him. Your right, Carroll knows talent.

RazorChuck

If only we could talk Caroll into taking nutty, they probably could use some help texting recruits.

Silver Hog

reality sucks don't it?

Silver Hog

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 12:14:56 pm

Guess that depends on how many knives were already sunk into his back at that stage of the season. Watch the film. The kid that took the field against USC west was not the same kid that took the field against USC East. Even at 7-0 he was demoralized.  When Nutt pulled him after the 1 interception, that was the first bit of dirt on Mitch's Arkansas grave.

football-writer

Mitch was 7-0 as a starter, Dick was 1-3.  Those are facts that can't be denied. 

You are forgetting things that are also impossible to deny...where was Peyton Hillis, another key blocker for McFadden's Heisman march last year?  Oh yeay.  THAT's right...He was INJURED!!!  He's healthy now.  AND FURTHERMORE....we get on here and basically verbally b*%ch-slap Teresa Prewitt for criticizing players, and then WE turn around and do the same thing?  Do you think that players don't get on these websites and read? Or maybe their parents don't have internet or computers?  Before we start criticizing players, remember that if we do we are no better than TP.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:11:17 pm

Mitch was 7-0 as a starter, Dick was 1-3.  Those are facts that can't be denied. 

You are forgetting things that are also impossible to deny...where was Peyton Hillis, another key blocker for McFadden's Heisman march last year?  Oh yeay.  THAT's right...He was INJURED!!!  He's healthy now.  AND FURTHERMORE....we get on here and basically verbally b*%ch-slap Teresa Prewitt for criticizing players, and then WE turn around and do the same thing?  Do you think that players don't get on these websites and read? Or maybe their parents don't have internet or computers?  Before we start criticizing players, remember that if we do we are no better than TP.
Can we criticize Houston Nutt and his wife?

Porkerpower

Great thought, but we had a chance to do that a few years ago with a guy named Matt Jones, and Nutt and company tried to turn him into a dropback passer of all things. 

Finally in 2004, MJ's senior year, after all help had graduated, did Nutt turn Jones loose and run a semi smart offense.
In 2003, Nutt began the season like he would use Matt smartly, but el wrongo.  He slid back into that conservative shell, that warm and fuzzy place he likes to stay, between the frickin tackles.

Houston h

May 17, 2007, 01:16:17 pm #72 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:18:55 pm by Houston hater

Um, we aren't sending emails directly to players accounts and telling them they are breastfed babies that need to transfer!

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:13:53 pm

Houston Nutt...He!! yeah...he's a paid employee of the University...which is supported through tax dollars...he's OUR employee.  Criticize the F%&k out of him.  As for his wife...no.  She (whether or not she messed with the e-mails not counting) was simply defending her husband.  Show her respect for (in the words of the late Tammy Wynette) standing by her man.  She did what she waqs biblically ordered to do.  He (on the other hand) didn't.

Houston h

Quote from: Porkerpower on May 17, 2007, 01:15:16 pm

Great thought, but we had a chance to do that a few years ago with a guy named Matt Jones, and Nutt and company tried to turn him into a dropback passer of all things. 

Finally in 2004, MJ's senior year, after all help had graduated, did Nutt turn Jones loose and run a semi smart offense.
In 2003, Nutt began the season like he would use Matt smartly, but el wrongo.  He slid back into that conservative shell, that warm and fuzzy place he likes to stay, between the frickin tackles.

Agreed, I noted that earlier in this thread.  He has had enormously talented players but fails as a coach to devise offenses around them.  The only difference last year was that GM brought in some new formations that Nuttjob had never dreamed of, including the wildcat!

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:17:32 pm

Houston Nutt...He!! yeah...he's a paid employee of the University...which is supported through tax dollars...he's OUR employee.  Criticize the F%&k out of him.  As for his wife...no.  She (whether or not she messed with the e-mails not counting) was simply defending her husband.  Show her respect for (in the words of the late Tammy Wynette) standing by her man.  She did what she waqs biblically ordered to do.  He (on the other hand) didn't.
But doesn't Houston Nutt support Diana Nutt with our tax paying dollars? So that makes her open game, especially when she decided to take a part in the football program (emails) and that kind of makes her a part-time employee. Doesn't it?

ShellHog

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:16:17 pm

Um, we aren't sending emails directly to players accounts and telling them they are breastfed babies that need to transfer!

The shots at CD seemed a little harsh....my guess is since CD & MM's stats were virtually the same in 06', you feel the same about Mitch --  "has limited mobility, a weak arm and terrible accuracy".  So MM is really no big loss...by your standards.     

BartIV

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:22:56 pm

The shots at CD seemed a little harsh....my guess is since CD & MM's stats were virtually the same in 06', you feel the same about Mitch --  "has limited mobility, a weak arm and terrible accuracy".  So MM is really no big loss...by your standards.    
Just a big gain by USC.

ShellHog

May 17, 2007, 01:26:54 pm #78 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:28:30 pm by ShellHog
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:20:41 pm

But doesn't Houston Nutt support Diana Nutt with our tax paying dollars? So that makes her open game, especially when she decided to take a part in the football program (emails) and that kind of makes her a part-time employee. Doesn't it?

HDN is also using our tax $$ to pay for his childrens college....can we get their records? sarcasm

football-writer

He is doing his job (biblically) by providing for her.  She HERSELF is not getting DIRECTLY paid...she is NOT the state employee of the family...HE is.  That in itself DOES NOT make her a part-time employee.  As I said about the e-mails she was wrong in doing that.  BUT, the e-mails FROM her were sent to her from TP's PRIVATE account TO Dianna's PRIVATE account.  What was the reason she fwd-ed the e-mails on to those ppl she did?  Was it an attempt to raise a red flag in an attempt to help her husband?  Was their any malicious intent?  Are any of us God and can we see in her heart as to why she did what she did?  Plus, does she work, or is she a stay-at-home wife? 

djgaffer

Can't speak for the players, but I would rather be rudely criticized in an e-mail that I could just delete than to have criticism posted for 25,000 to see.  The venom on the thread isn't what was in the MM e-mail, but "limited, weak, and terrible" is an unjust critique of Casey and it's much more public than the TP e-mail, at least before being forwarded by Mitch to Beck and then by Beck to members of the press.

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:24:25 pm

Just a big gain by USC.

It's a big gain...that they can't use for 12 more months...IF they decide to do so by that point.

BartIV

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:26:54 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:20:41 pm

I believe that she took an interest in an Active Player/Student of the University of Arkansas, also the Head Coachs wife thought it was funny how the harrassing email made fun of a Active Player/Student.  
She was also at the meeting and did most of the talking for Houston Nutt in the McAfee meeting.
And Houston Nutt supports her with the money he makes off the tax payers dollars.

hawgette

I just don't understand this Casey bash.  The guy has started what 8 games in 2 years.  Thats is the same number as Mitch.  Had similiar stats and yet he is horrible.  Why not wait and judge after he has a full season and not hurt.  If he sucks so does Mitch by your same logic.

Houston h

Like I said earlier, your knowledge of football is lacking.  MM has a cannon arm, is very mobile and given time in an offense, could be very accurate!  Check out his stats at Springdale running an offense he knew.

ShellHog

So you bash Casey Dick on a Hog message board for 25k fans to read and justify it by stating at least you don't send it to him personally?

Am I understanding you correctly?

football-writer

No...we're bad-mouthing them in open and in public....WHICH is even worse...like a fellow poster stated...ther postings on here...UNLIKE the E-MAILS....CAN'T be deleted.

hawgette

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:33:15 pm

So you bash Casey Dick on a Hog message board for 25k fans to read and justify it by stating at least you don't send it to him personally?

Thats what he said.  It makes no sense.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:29:29 pm

Just a big gain by USC.

It's a big gain...that they can't use for 12 more months...IF they decide to do so by that point.
Red Aurbach drafted Larry Bird one year before he could play. He must have known talent.

Houston h

May 17, 2007, 01:36:05 pm #89 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:39:28 pm by Houston hater
Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:33:15 pm

Pointing out the obvious is not bashing, I said I don't have anything against the kid personally, unlike TP who did attacked MM personally.  CD will never be a good qb, not even by Arkansas standards because of the things that I listed...........he is slower than Peyton Manning, has no arm strength and is not accurate!!!!!  All of those things cost us games at the end of the season while MM sat on the bench.  A good coach would have recognized the difference in talent and let bygons be bygons and put in the better man, Nuttjob would nnot do that.

hawgette

He has only started 8 games.  Then Mitch must of sucked too according to you.  They had similar stats.

football-writer

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:33:01 pm

Like I said earlier, your knowledge of football is lacking.  MM has a cannon arm, is very mobile and given time in an offense, could be very accurate!  Check out his stats at Springdale running an offense he knew.

You're right when you said MM has a cannon for an arm...but so does Casey.  He is now being made out (by people on here) to be the villan.  We are killing the innocent (verbally) because they are pawns being moved into position by the TRUE person we need to attack...the coach.  AND, as I pointed out...the 1-3 record he had, there are other factors that led to that 1-3 record.  BEFORE MM agreed to play for the Hogs, we considered Casey to be a great qb after Rojo had a number of bad starts.  NOW, because MM is gone thanks to HDN, we're making him out to be a terrible qb?  Look at ALL of the facts.

ShellHog

Your questioning my football knowledge and then want me to look @ MM's Chickendale High School #'s to prove he is a BIG-TIME college QB......check out Rhett Lashlee's High School #'s, that makes him a great college QB?

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:35:06 pm

Just a big gain by USC.

Red Aurbach drafted Larry Bird one year before he could play. He must have known talent.
Comparing Red Auerbach to Pete Carroll...I don't know if Auerbach 's family sholud be offended or if Carroll should be honored.

Houston h

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:38:46 pm

Your questioning my football knowledge and then want me to look @ MM's Chickendale High School #'s to prove he is a BIG-TIME college QB......check out Rhett Lashlee's High School #'s, that makes him a great college QB?

Seems Chickendale beat all comers and every school in the country wanted MM.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:40:18 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:35:06 pm

Just a big gain by USC.

Comparing Red Auerbach to Pete Carroll...I don't know if Auerbach 's family sholud be offended or if Carroll should be honored.
My point was 1 year is not that long. Talent is worth the wait

hawgette

Then why did Oklahoma turn him down and Louisville put up an article stating they did not want him?

football-writer

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:38:09 pm
He has only started 8 games.  Then Mitch must of sucked too according to you.  They had similar stats.

Think about the 8 games that MM started...and not trying to take anything away from MM...but was most of the scoring in those 8 games thanks to MM...or was it (also and mostly) thanks to D-Mac, Felix, Fish (not counting Fla) and Peyton...AND the LARGE holes the O-line gave them?

BartIV

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:42:47 pm
Then why did Oklahoma turn him down and Louisville put up an atricle stating they did not want him?
Because Pete Carroll wanted him. Lets don't compare Oklahoma and Louisville to USC.

hawgette

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:43:09 pm
Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:38:09 pm

Think about the 8 games that MM started...and not trying to take anything away from MM...but was most of the scoring in those 8 games thanks to MM...or was it (also and mostly) thanks to D-Mac, Felix, Fish (not counting Fla) and Peyton...AND the LARGE holes the O-line gave them?

Exactly