Houston h

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:03:30 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:57:14 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:55:07 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:49:42 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:46:58 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:44:21 pm
Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:38:09 pm
He has only started 8 games.  Then Mitch must of sucked too according to you.  They had similar stats.

........and what was his record in those 8 games?  I'm not going to argue back and forth over who is better, all I know is one was offered scholarships from every big school in the country and one was offered by just one in the SEC.  One went undefeated as a starter and generated a buzz around the program that it hadn't been felt for years and one generates a fear in his own fans every time he drops back to throw the ball. 

IF the Hogs had gained those 8 wins through the efforts of him ALONE...I'd agree...but he played a relatively small part in the wins...a few completions here...a few interceptions there....average performance at best.  MOST of the reason for the wins came in big thanks to D-Mac, the remainder of the running corps...AND a MASSIVE O-line.
Winning is a team effort. Every one of those wins was thanks to the whole team. We shouldn't take that away from them. But they just seemed to do better under Mitch Mustain who was 7-0 with the whole team.  What was Casey Dick with the whole team.

DID MM personally score those TD's when the Hogs won those 8...and it was 8 (HE started the 8th game against South Carolina)?  NO...HE handed the ball off, threw a few passes here and there and THAT WAS IT....85 % of the scoring was from D-Mac, Felix and the O-line  To quote Kevin Costner from "The Untouchables" MM "was just there when the thing went around."
I am sorry, that means Mitch was 8-0 as a starter. Thanks for the correction.

You're using one indicator to judge his performance, instead of looking at his performance as a whole.  You have to look at what the other players around him did during those games, the quality of opponents he started against, and his INDIVIDUAL STATS for those games.  Mustain's individual stats were about the same as Casey Dick's for the season.  You can reasonably infer that Dick would have done just as well during that 8-0 stretch, and Mustain would have done just as poorly against Florida and LSU.  This is supported by the fact that they both got substantial playing time against Wisconsin, and the team didn't move under either of the quarterbacks.

No, they did not get equal time in the Wisconsin game.  In fact, I know that MM only got about 25% of the snaps in practice leading up to the bowl game.  Now the media will try and tell you something other than that but that fact came from a member of the coaching staff directly.  Nutt made it his mission to make the kid fail and he accomplished that but others can see through his lies and tactics, including Pete Carroll.

djgaffer

May 17, 2007, 02:09:26 pm #151 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:13:00 pm by djgaffer
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:01:12 pm
I'm not sure why I'm being accused of bashing CD.  Again I say, I have nothing against CD and I'm sure he would be a great quarterback at Arkansas Tech but he doesn't have the tools to win at a bigtime program.  Say what you will about his arm, accuracy, footwork and mobility and then go watch the LSU, Florida, MSU or Wisconsin games and tell me that you honestly believe what you are saying.  I don't dislike the guy, I'm sure he is a great kid but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO START IN THE SEC!!!!!

You're being accused of bashing Casey because the adjectives you used to decribe him are "limited, weak, and terrible".  Just that.

hawgette

OK Houston Hater how do you rationalize his bad game against ....LA Monroe...  Gasp that was a great team there.

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:07:36 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:05:09 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:03:45 pm
Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 02:02:42 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:00:52 pm
He has only started 8 games.  Then Mitch must of sucked too according to you.  They had similar stats.

........and what was his record in those 8 games?  I'm not going to argue back and forth over who is better, all I know is one was offered scholarships from every big school in the country and one was offered by just one in the SEC.  One went undefeated as a starter and generated a buzz around the program that it hadn't been felt for years and one generates a fear in his own fans every time he drops back to throw the ball. 

IF the Hogs had gained those 8 wins through the efforts of him ALONE...I'd agree...but he played a relatively small part in the wins...a few completions here...a few interceptions there....average performance at best.  MOST of the reason for the wins came in big thanks to D-Mac, the remainder of the running corps...AND a MASSIVE O-line.
Winning is a team effort. Every one of those wins was thanks to the whole team. We shouldn't take that away from them. But they just seemed to do better under Mitch Mustain who was 7-0 with the whole team.  What was Casey Dick with the whole team.

DID MM personally score those TD's when the Hogs won those 8...and it was 8 (HE started the 8th game against South Carolina)?  NO...HE handed the ball off, threw a few passes here and there and THAT WAS IT....85 % of the scoring was from D-Mac, Felix and the O-line  To quote Kevin Costner from "The Untouchables" MM "was just there when the thing went around."

That's the ONLY thing you got out of what I stated???  Do you have tunnellvision or is it just the appearance of it?

No he just believes that Mitch was the only reason we won any games...screw the other players on the team.  Mitch was the reason.  All ends with Mitch
I am glad you finally have come to realize this.

So you're saying that if it was MM by himself against LSU, Arkansas would have won?  And how are you this afternoon, Ms. Campbell?
If MM had played the LSU game, he might have been 9-0, but we will never know. With his 100% winning percentage, I have to say he had a 100% chance of winning.
Maybe I wasn't clear...If MM was on the field BY HIMSELF would Arkansas had won?  Afterall, according to you, MM is the ONLY player Arkansas needed to win.  So MM, alone on the field BY HIMSELF, facing 11 hungry LSU Tigers would have won?  Just how hard were you dropped?
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

BartIV

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 02:09:34 pm
OK Houston Hater how do you rationalize his bad game against ....LA Monroe...  Gasp that was a great team there.
Mitch Mustain won.

hawgette

So all we needed was Mitch and only him playing against 11 opposing players and we would win!! 

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:10:02 pm

That's the ONLY thing you got out of what I stated???  Do you have tunnellvision or is it just the appearance of it?

No he just believes that Mitch was the only reason we won any games...screw the other players on the team.  Mitch was the reason.  All ends with Mitch

So you're saying that if it was MM by himself against LSU, Arkansas would have won?  And how are you this afternoon, Ms. Campbell?
If MM had played the LSU game, he might have been 9-0, but we will never know. With his 100% winning percentage, I have to say he had a 100% chance of winning.
Maybe I wasn't clear...If MM was on the field BY HIMSELF would Arkansas had won?  Afterall, according to you, MM is the ONLY player Arkansas needed to win.  So MM, alone on the field BY HIMSELF, facing 11 hungry LSU Tigers would have won?  Just how hard were you dropped?
I have never heard of a football game being played by one person before, so how hard were you dropped.

Houston h

Yep, we won.........rationalize that! 

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:08:48 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:07:50 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:03:13 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 01:59:53 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:54:37 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:51:52 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:47:57 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:45:48 pm

I think Mitch Mustain was 7-0. I think that is a 100% winning percentage, but I could be wrong.

.........and CD's is 4-10 I believe

AGAIN...someone who gives credit for TEAM wins and TEAM losses to a quarterback and not to the whole team.  MM was 8-0 because he happened to be ON THE FIELD when the Hogs won those 8.  HE was NOT THE main reason the Hogs won.  They won and lost AS A TEAM!!!!  If you can't realize that, change your name from Houston Hater to MM Lover

Call me what you will but it's the truth.  The qb has always garnered the attention from pee wee to the NFL if the team is winning, and MM was winning.  Wally Hall said it best in an email, Arkansas will never sign another player the likes of MM!

Okay, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl ring as a starting QB.  Dan Marino has no SB jewelry.  Going by your logic, that would make Trent Dilfer a better quarterback than Dan Marino.  Is this what you think?

He does have the ring but no, that's not what I said.  You are saying that the talent around MM made him a winner, I'm saying that the same talent was around CD and he lost repeatedly this past year and the year before so what does that make him? 

Unfortunate to be on the field when the Hogs lost...the SAME WAY MM was FORTUNATE to be on the field when they won. 
8-0

Nice response....here's mine:

Darren McFadden, over 1,000 yards, over 10 TD's....
Felix Jones, over 1000 yards, over 10 TD's...
MM...Under 1,000 passing...almost 10 INT's, WAY under 10 passing TD's

hawgette

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:11:45 pm

I have never heard of a football game being played by one person before, so how hard were you dropped.

No that is what you two are saying.  It because of Mitch we won.

BartIV

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 02:11:28 pm
So all we needed was Mitch and only him playing against 11 opposing players and we would win!! 
Casey Dick was not in the game, so we won. Had he been we had a 50-50 shot. With Mustain, it was a 100% shot at winning because he was 8-0 as a starter making him 100% perfect as a starter.  These are facts people, i am not making this stuff up.

football-writer

Well YOU are the one who said Mitch was the ONLY reason Arkansas won and to "Screw the others" it began and ended with Mitch....NO ONE ELSE...just Mitch....Accoding to THAT way of thinking, D-Mac is not needed and neither is Felix...as long as we have MM we will win.  Sounds like YOU were the one who was dropped.

Houston h

Quote from: djgaffer on May 17, 2007, 02:09:26 pm
I'm not sure why I'm being accused of bashing CD.  Again I say, I have nothing against CD and I'm sure he would be a great quarterback at Arkansas Tech but he doesn't have the tools to win at a bigtime program.  Say what you will about his arm, accuracy, footwork and mobility and then go watch the LSU, Florida, MSU or Wisconsin games and tell me that you honestly believe what you are saying.  I don't dislike the guy, I'm sure he is a great kid but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO START IN THE SEC!!!!!

You're being accused of bashing Casey because the adjectives you used to decribe him are "limited, weak, and terrible".  Just that.

Those are things that are all backed up by stats and film.  I'm not speaking of his attitude or the kind of person he is.  I'm speaking of his ability as a player to win ballgames, quite frankly, he hasn't shown me that he can!

hawgaramus

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:09:02 pm

You're using one indicator to judge his performance, instead of looking at his performance as a whole.  You have to look at what the other players around him did during those games, the quality of opponents he started against, and his INDIVIDUAL STATS for those games.  Mustain's individual stats were about the same as Casey Dick's for the season.  You can reasonably infer that Dick would have done just as well during that 8-0 stretch, and Mustain would have done just as poorly against Florida and LSU.  This is supported by the fact that they both got substantial playing time against Wisconsin, and the team didn't move under either of the quarterbacks.

No, they did not get equal time in the Wisconsin game.  In fact, I know that MM only got about 25% of the snaps in practice leading up to the bowl game.  Now the media will try and tell you something other than that but that fact came from a member of the coaching staff directly.  Nutt made it his mission to make the kid fail and he accomplished that but others can see through his lies and tactics, including Pete Carroll.

I didn't say that he got equal playing time, but they both did get substantial playing time.  Seems like I remember Mustain starting the second half and playing most, if not all the third quarter.  And the team didn't do any better under him than under Casey Dick.

So Mustain only got 25% of the snaps in practice, and that is why he didn't play well in the bowl game?  What percentage of snaps did he get in practice for the entire season, as opposed to Casey Dick?  I have no idea, but I would think he got a lot more than Dick did, since he started 8 games and Dick only started 3, and Dick was hurt for several weeks.  Going by your logic of most snaps, then Mustain should have played better over the course of the season, which he didn't.

football-writer

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:15:20 pm
Quote from: djgaffer on May 17, 2007, 02:09:26 pm

Those are things that are all backed up by stats and film.  I'm not speaking of his attitude or the kind of person he is.  I'm speaking of his ability as a player to win ballgames, quite frankly, he hasn't shown me that he can!

He won the games?  Those interceptions won the games for us?  Funny, I thought interceptions GAVE the ball to the OTHER team.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:15:20 pm

Well YOU are the one who said Mitch was the ONLY reason Arkansas won and to "Screw the others" it began and ended with Mitch....NO ONE ELSE...just Mitch....Accoding to THAT way of thinking, D-Mac is not needed and neither is Felix...as long as we have MM we will win.  Sounds like YOU were the one who was dropped.
I am just saying Mitch Mustain was 8-0 as a starter (100% winning percentage by the way) and Casey Dick was 3-4 (43% not a winning percentage by the way.)

hawgette

So we can only see Mitch's highlights but ignore when and where he screwed up on the field?  We just overlook that?

Houston h

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:15:38 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:09:02 pm

I didn't say that he got equal playing time, but they both did get substantial playing time.  Seems like I remember Mustain starting the second half and playing most, if not all the third quarter.  And the team didn't do any better under him than under Casey Dick.

So Mustain only got 25% of the snaps in practice, and that is why he didn't play well in the bowl game?  What percentage of snaps did he get in practice for the entire season, as opposed to Casey Dick?  I have no idea, but I would think he got a lot more than Dick did, since he started 8 games and Dick only started 3, and Dick was hurt for several weeks.  Going by your logic of most snaps, then Mustain should have played better over the course of the season, which he didn't.

He didn't?  8-0 says he did!  And that was splitting playing time in practice with Dick after the Auburn game and then getting limited practice time after South Carolina.

BartIV

May 17, 2007, 02:19:30 pm #168 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:21:27 pm by BartIV
Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 02:18:23 pm
So we can only see Mitch's highlights but ignore when and where he screwed up on the field?  We just overlook that?
You seem to be overlooking 8-0. and highlighting Casey Dicks 2-4.

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:13:44 pm
Casey Dick was not in the game, so we won. Had he been we had a 50-50 shot. With Mustain, it was a 100% shot at winning because he was 8-0 as a starter making him 100% perfect as a starter.  These are facts people, i am not making this stuff up.

Yeah, actually you are making this stuff up.  a 100% chance of winning the game?  You are either very stupid or you are bored and trying to start something.  My guess is both.

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:19:58 pm

Yeah, actually you are making this stuff up.  a 100% chance of winning the game?  You are either very stupid or you are bored and trying to start something.  My guess is both.
Yeah, i would say a little of both. But he still had a 100% winning percentage as a starter. That is a fact

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:21:02 pm

Yeah, i would say a little of both. But he still had a 100% winning percentage as a starter. That is a fact

So you really think that gives him a 100% chance of him winning the next game as a starter?

hardhittinghog

Neither was great last year...The only thing that bug's me now is what happens if CD flames we have no plan B
Hi. I'm Wilford Brimley and I have Diabetes. It hurts me to pee and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:23:14 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:21:02 pm

So you really think that gives him a 100% chance of him winning the next game as a starter?
I didn't see him lose, so yes. 8-0 as a starter.

football-writer

are you ignoring the fact that he had more interceptions than touchdowns?  Are you ignoring the fact that his touchdown passes resulted in probably less than  15 percent of the scoring the Hogs had during that 8-0 stretch?  You just want to concentrate on 8-0 and give MM ALL of the credit...forget the contributions the others made, MM had all of the scoring...all 100 percent of it.  But what you're forgetting is that MM had all of the interceptions during those 8 games....all 100 percent of them.

Houston h

This seems to have strayed from the topic.  All I wanted to know was everyones thoughts on DMac taking over at qb and running an offense similar to that of West Virginia.   The guy played qb in high school and if DL is the GREAT QB coach that the Arkansas media says he is, then why couldn't he work with DMac over the summer and develop him into a better passer.  With that accomplished, he would be an even bigger threat than he is now.  They have to start working the other talented players on the roster into the action like Hillis, Fish, Monk, Smith and Jones.  Those guys should be touching the ball a lot in each ballgame to take some of the pressure off DMac and to keep him from getting beaten up.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:25:24 pm
are you ignoring the fact that he had more interceptions than touchdowns?  Are you ignoring the fact that his touchdown passes resulted in probably less than  15 percent of the scoring the Hogs had during that 8-0 stretch?  You just want to concentrate on 8-0 and give MM ALL of the credit...forget the contributions the others made, MM had all of the scoring...all 100 percent of it.  But what you're forgetting is that MM had all of the interceptions during those 8 games....all 100 percent of them.
Casey Dick started the USC game and we lost. Mitch Mustain comes in a wins 8 in a row. We put Casey Dick in and go 2-3 i think.

Houston h

Quote from: hardhittinghog on May 17, 2007, 02:23:34 pm
Neither was great last year...The only thing that bug's me now is what happens if CD flames we have no plan B

Robert Johnson!!!  lol

BartIV

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:27:37 pm
This seems to have strayed from the topic.  All I wanted to know was everyones thoughts on DMac taking over at qb and running an offense similar to that of West Virginia.   The guy played qb in high school and if DL is the GREAT QB coach that the Arkansas media says he is, then why couldn't he work with DMac over the summer and develop him into a better passer.  With that accomplished, he would be an even bigger threat than he is now.  They have to start working the other talented players on the roster into the action like Hillis, Fish, Monk, Smith and Jones.  Those guys should be touching the ball a lot in each ballgame to take some of the pressure off DMac and to keep him from getting beaten up.
Should we really give this up to the Nutt Huggers?  They seem to be catching on to the 8-0.

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:19:30 pm

Okay, for those who aren't able to grasp the concept of team sports and that players don't win games, but that teams do, tell me which stats belong to which quarterback, and who played better, based on these stats?

G ATT COM PCT YDS YDS/ATT YDS/G INT TD
10 132 65 49.2 991 7.5 99.1 6 9

69 132 52.3 894 10 9 13 -20 1 -1.5 4 -27 11

Houston h

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:28:09 pm
Casey Dick started the USC game and we lost. Mitch Mustain comes in a wins 8 in a row. We put Casey Dick in and go 2-3 i think.

Actually I RoJo started against USC but the results were the same as with Dick.  As for the interceptions, Peyton Manning threw more his freshman year than td's and things turned out pretty well for him!

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:30:15 pm

Okay, for those who aren't able to grasp the concept of team sports and that players don't win games, but that teams do, tell me which stats belong to which quarterback, and who played better, based on these stats?

You are doing a lot of homework for a guy who went 8-0 and trying to say he is no good. Give up man, its 8-0.

BartIV

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:30:52 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:28:09 pm

Actually I RoJo started against USC but the results were the same as with Dick.  As for the interceptions, Peyton Manning threw more his freshman year than td's and things turned out pretty well for him!
I forgot about oh Rojo and him being a gentleman for not complaining. Getting thrown under the bus and all.

jpenrod1

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 11:09:34 am
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 10:54:50 am
Given the fact that CD has limited mobility, a weak arm and terrible accuracy

Is it really alright to talk about current players on Hogville like this?   Are all those characteristics really facts?.....weren't CD's & MM's stats pretty much the same last season?   

No Casey's were better.

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:29:02 pm
Should we really give this up to the Nutt Huggers?  They seem to be catching on to the 8-0.

The fact that you equate supporting Casey Dick to being a Nutt Hugger reveals your true motives and why you really dislike Casey Dick.  You can support one without supporting the other.

BartIV

Quote from: jpenrod1 on May 17, 2007, 02:33:42 pm

Is it really alright to talk about current players on Hogville like this?   Are all those characteristics really facts?.....weren't CD's & MM's stats pretty much the same last season?   

No Casey's were better.
Was Caseys record better as a starter?

KluchHawg

I thought CD was hurt during spring practice and didn't play in the USC game?  I'm pretty sure that RJ started that game.

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:31:26 pm

You are doing a lot of homework for a guy who went 8-0 and trying to say he is no good. Give up man, its 8-0.

You have nothing to say besides 8-0? 

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:34:08 pm

The fact that you equate supporting Casey Dick to being a Nutt Hugger reveals your true motives and why you really dislike Casey Dick.  You can support one without supporting the other.
I don't know Caseys take on Nutt. I was referring to you being a Nutt Hugger.  But I would think Casey was glad when Nutt ran Mustain off because that means Casey can continue to do, whatever it is he does at QB.

Houston h

Someone answer the question dammit!  Would Pete Carroll have offered a scholarship to CD if he had asked for and been granted his release?

hawgette

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:12:24 pm

I think Mitch Mustain was 7-0. I think that is a 100% winning percentage, but I could be wrong.

AGAIN...someone who gives credit for TEAM wins and TEAM losses to a quarterback and not to the whole team.  MM was 8-0 because he happened to be ON THE FIELD when the Hogs won those 8.  HE was NOT THE main reason the Hogs won.  They won and lost AS A TEAM!!!!  If you can't realize that, change your name from Houston Hater to MM Lover

Call me what you will but it's the truth.  The qb has always garnered the attention from pee wee to the NFL if the team is winning, and MM was winning.  Wally Hall said it best in an email, Arkansas will never sign another player the likes of MM!

Okay, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl ring as a starting QB.  Dan Marino has no SB jewelry.  Going by your logic, that would make Trent Dilfer a better quarterback than Dan Marino.  Is this what you think?

He does have the ring but no, that's not what I said.  You are saying that the talent around MM made him a winner, I'm saying that the same talent was around CD and he lost repeatedly this past year and the year before so what does that make him? 

Unfortunate to be on the field when the Hogs lost...the SAME WAY MM was FORTUNATE to be on the field when they won. 
8-0

Casey didn't play in the USC game.  I think Utah State is the first time we saw him.  I cant remember.

So Bart were you one of the fans that booed RoJo and wanted Mitch in?  

BartIV

Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:35:11 pm

Its perfection, thats all.

ShellHog

Quote from: jpenrod1 on May 17, 2007, 02:33:42 pm

Is it really alright to talk about current players on Hogville like this?   Are all those characteristics really facts?.....weren't CD's & MM's stats pretty much the same last season?   

No Casey's were better.

Oh Yea, well maybe the actual Cancer's are now off the teamnow.....Noticed DMAC didn't look to sad when talking about the whole situation.  I believe his words were "we're fine with all the changes"....if its fine with DMAC, that good enough for me.

hogfan2286

Mitch Mustain is better than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning COMBINED!  He is without a doubt the greatest QB of all-time.  If you put him on the field the rest of the team becomes so inspired by his presence that you are guaranteed a win!  He planned those interceptions, so he could lull the defense to sleep!  Him and Pete Carrol are going rule LA, nobody can stop them!

hawgaramus

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:36:40 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 02:34:08 pm

I don't know Caseys take on Nutt. I was referring to you being a Nutt Hugger.  But I would think Casey was glad when Nutt ran Mustain off because that means Casey can continue to do, whatever it is he does at QB.

What, your reading comprehension is getting dangerously low right now.  You might need to go recharge and then reread.  I never asked about Casey's take on Nutt.

ShellHog

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:37:27 pm

Dude, if I'm considered a Nutt Hugger, You are definitely a Mitch Lover!!!!!!!!

The Marmot

This seems to have strayed from the topic.  All I wanted to know was everyones thoughts on DMac taking over at qb and running an offense similar to that of West Virginia.   The guy played qb in high school and if DL is the GREAT QB coach that the Arkansas media says he is, then why couldn't he work with DMac over the summer and develop him into a better passer.  With that accomplished, he would be an even bigger threat than he is now.  They have to start working the other talented players on the roster into the action like Hillis, Fish, Monk, Smith and Jones.  Those guys should be touching the ball a lot in each ballgame to take some of the pressure off DMac and to keep him from getting beaten up.

I dont think that would be a good idea at all. We would be COMPLETELY one dimensional then... and completely dependant on 1 player. I know we are pretty dependant on him anyways, but it would be worse then. DMac should stay our featured back with some wildcat throw in periodically. Hopefully, CD can step it up somewhat.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

BartIV

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 02:37:19 pm
Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:12:24 pm

8-0

Casey didn't play in the USC game.  I think Utah State is the first time we saw him.  I cant remember.

So Bart were you one of the fans that booed RoJo and wanted Mitch in?  
No I didn't. I just said to myself, this boy is no QB, he is a WR.  This year maybe he can be a cornerback.

BartIV

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 02:39:03 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:37:27 pm

Dude, if I'm considered a Nutt Hugger, You are definitely a Mitch Lover!!!!!!!!
I am a lover of perfection is all. 8-0 people as a starter no less.

Houston h

Quote from: hogfan2286 on May 17, 2007, 02:38:30 pm
Mitch Mustain is better than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning COMBINED!  He is without a doubt the greatest QB of all-time.  If you put him on the field the rest of the team becomes so inspired by his presence that you are guaranteed a win!  He planned those interceptions, so he could lull the defense to sleep!  Him and Pete Carrol are going rule LA, nobody can stop them!

That's the best post I've seen in a long time! +1000