Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wildcat.......fulltime?

Started by Houston h, May 17, 2007, 10:54:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Houston h

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:38:09 pm
He has only started 8 games.  Then Mitch must of sucked too according to you.  They had similar stats.

........and what was his record in those 8 games?  I'm not going to argue back and forth over who is better, all I know is one was offered scholarships from every big school in the country and one was offered by just one in the SEC.  One went undefeated as a starter and generated a buzz around the program that it hadn't been felt for years and one generates a fear in his own fans every time he drops back to throw the ball. 

football-writer

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:42:47 pm
Then why did Oklahoma turn him down and Louisville put up an article stating they did not want him?

Two words....Meddling parents...That's WAAAAY too much baggage.  You know what ND's coach would have done if players' parents complained?  Pointed to the door.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

hawgette

I am just stating the facts according to your logic.  It works both ways ;D

BartIV

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:44:21 pm
He has only started 8 games.  Then Mitch must of sucked too according to you.  They had similar stats.

........and what was his record in those 8 games?  I'm not going to argue back and forth over who is better, all I know is one was offered scholarships from every big school in the country and one was offered by just one in the SEC.  One went undefeated as a starter and generated a buzz around the program that it hadn't been felt for years and one generates a fear in his own fans every time he drops back to throw the ball. 
I think Mitch Mustain was 7-0. I think that is a 100% winning percentage, but I could be wrong.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:44:57 pm
Then why did Oklahoma turn him down and Louisville put up an article stating they did not want him?

Two words....Meddling parents...That's WAAAAY too much baggage.  You know what ND's coach would have done if players' parents complained?  Pointed to the door.
I guess USC (College Football Powerhouse) didn't know what they were doing, did they?

football-writer

IF the Hogs had gained those 8 wins through the efforts of him ALONE...I'd agree...but he played a relatively small part in the wins...a few completions here...a few interceptions there....average performance at best.  MOST of the reason for the wins came in big thanks to D-Mac, the remainder of the running corps...AND a MASSIVE O-line.

hawgette

And you seriously believe that those 7 wins were because of him?  Oh my.

Houston h

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:45:48 pm

I think Mitch Mustain was 7-0. I think that is a 100% winning percentage, but I could be wrong.

.........and CD's is 4-10 I believe

ShellHog

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:46:44 pm

I guess USC (College Football Powerhouse) didn't know what they were doing, did they?

Yet to be seen....Who really knows, they may end up regretting it.

football-writer

GEE...smarty...Springdale is a helena of a lot closer to Fayetteville than it is to LOS ANGELES!!!  Unless Beck Campbell and the Williams family are moving to Southern Cal to stay clos to their sons, I think Pete Carroll has LITTLE to worry about!

Houston h

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:47:44 pm

He was the starting quarterback!  What do you not understand about that?  Trent Dilfer won the super bowl and was only average at best but he still WON a superbowl!

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:46:58 pm

IF the Hogs had gained those 8 wins through the efforts of him ALONE...I'd agree...but he played a relatively small part in the wins...a few completions here...a few interceptions there....average performance at best.  MOST of the reason for the wins came in big thanks to D-Mac, the remainder of the running corps...AND a MASSIVE O-line.
Winning is a team effort. Every one of those wins was thanks to the whole team. We shouldn't take that away from them. But they just seemed to do better under Mitch Mustain who was 7-0 with the whole team.  What was Casey Dick with the whole team.

BartIV

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:48:26 pm

I think we are the ones who are going to be regretting it.

ShellHog

My thoughts exactly.....Love is blind!   

hawgette

They played against totally different caliber of teams.  Can you not understand that?!?  Casey lost to 3 of the top 6 teams in the country.  It is not hard to see that.  Seriously you can't believe the level of teams were the same.

football-writer

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:47:57 pm

AGAIN...someone who gives credit for TEAM wins and TEAM losses to a quarterback and not to the whole team.  MM was 8-0 because he happened to be ON THE FIELD when the Hogs won those 8.  HE was NOT THE main reason the Hogs won.  They won and lost AS A TEAM!!!!  If you can't realize that, change your name from Houston Hater to MM Lover

Houston h

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:49:42 pm

Winning is a team effort. Every one of those wins was thanks to the whole team. We shouldn't take that away from them. But they just seemed to do better under Mitch Mustain who was 7-0 with the whole team.  What was Casey Dick with the whole team.

Agreed!
It was the electricity that he created in the stadium that pushed the team to that next level.  You could feel it every game, even in the USC game when he came in after we had been blown out.  CD will never spark that kind of electricity!

BartIV

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:50:58 pm

Mitch Mustain was 7-0 with the team.
What was Casey Dick with the team?
Leadership is the key to success.  Maybe MM had a little more than CD.

ShellHog

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:50:40 pm

My guess is we've heard the last of MM's greatness on the football field.  He may get some mop-up minutes in a few years.  Only time will tell.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:51:52 pm

AGAIN...someone who gives credit for TEAM wins and TEAM losses to a quarterback and not to the whole team.  MM was 8-0 because he happened to be ON THE FIELD when the Hogs won those 8.  HE was NOT THE main reason the Hogs won.  They won and lost AS A TEAM!!!!  If you can't realize that, change your name from Houston Hater to MM Lover
Your right. When Mitch Mustain was on the field, the team went 7-0. When Casey was on the field they went, as a team, 3-4.

Houston h

Call me what you will but it's the truth.  The qb has always garnered the attention from pee wee to the NFL if the team is winning, and MM was winning.  Wally Hall said it best in an email, Arkansas will never sign another player the likes of MM!

hawgette

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:52:36 pm

I do not think either were the leaders on the team.

djgaffer

Hater, you're right Mitch has great skills.  He could have gone anywhere he wanted to go out of high school.  He wound up at USC even with the drama.  But you're wrong to come on here and bash Casey Dick the way you are.  He's not Mitch Mustain.  I'm sure that's the only way he would please you at this point. 

He doesn't have a horrible arm.  It's been pointed out repeatedly that one of the first things that happened when CD came in the game was we extended the field with a deep throw.
We were among the nation's leaders in fewest sacks allowed, so I guess he's mobile enough.
He's got decent accuracy.  When given time to throw, he's thrown the square in on time and with velocity as well as anyone we've had since Stoerner.  He struggled against LSU.  Who didn't?
And oh by the way, he's still a Razorback, and him getting better and staying healthy is our best and only hope for a good '07.

What are you accomplishing by bashing Casey?  You're not bringing Mitch back.  Is there not a dog you can kick around you?

football-writer

DID MM personally score those TD's when the Hogs won those 8...and it was 8 (HE started the 8th game against South Carolina)?  NO...HE handed the ball off, threw a few passes here and there and THAT WAS IT....85 % of the scoring was from D-Mac, Felix and the O-line  To quote Kevin Costner from "The Untouchables" MM "was just there when the thing went around."

Houston h

Quote from: ShellHog on May 17, 2007, 01:53:58 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:50:40 pm

My guess is we've heard the last of MM's greatness on the football field.  He may get some mop-up minutes in a few years.  Only time will tell.

I would expect you to say that!  I'm sure that's what Pete Carroll expects too.........

BartIV

May 17, 2007, 01:56:31 pm #125 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 01:58:32 pm by BartIV
Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:54:43 pm

Mitch had a presence about him, of leadership.
Casey has a presence of being a back-up QB. Kinda ignored in a way, but liked by all kickers.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:55:07 pm

DID MM personally score those TD's when the Hogs won those 8...and it was 8 (HE started the 8th game against South Carolina)?  NO...HE handed the ball off, threw a few passes here and there and THAT WAS IT....85 % of the scoring was from D-Mac, Felix and the O-line  To quote Kevin Costner from "The Untouchables" MM "was just there when the thing went around."
I am sorry, that means Mitch was 8-0 as a starter. Thanks for the correction.

hawgette

Pete Carroll may not be there when its time Mitch can play.  He can afford to take chances...there are 3 other highly recurited QBs there. 

football-writer

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:54:37 pm

Call me what you will but it's the truth.  The qb has always garnered the attention from pee wee to the NFL if the team is winning, and MM was winning.  Wally Hall said it best in an email, Arkansas will never sign another player the likes of MM!

BUT in this case...and in YOUR case, MM is garnering WAY TOO MUCH attention and credit for the wins.  If Casey had been the starter, the Hogs STILL would have won those 8...why?  Because the scoring came...and st down for this one.....through RUNNING THE BALL!!!!  As for quoting Wally Hall, you took away from YOUR credibility by quoting him.  On occasion he's right...BUT those times are few and far between.  I wouldn't trust the Demizette to keep me warm on a cold night if I had a handfull of matches, a stack of their papers and gasoline.

hawgaramus

Okay, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl ring as a starting QB.  Dan Marino has no SB jewelry.  Going by your logic, that would make Trent Dilfer a better quarterback than Dan Marino.  Is this what you think?

BartIV

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 01:58:54 pm
Pete Carroll may not be there when its time Mitch can play.  He can afford to take chances...there are 3 other highly recurited QBs there. 
Houston nutt may not be here when Mitch begins to play either. We can afford to take those chances, there are better coachs out there.

hawgette

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:56:31 pm

Casey has a presence of being a back-up QB. Kinda ignored in a way, but liked by all kickers.

Thats why there was rumors of players not liking him.  Bc he was the leader?

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 01:57:14 pm

That's the ONLY thing you got out of what I stated???  Do you have tunnellvision or is it just the appearance of it?

Houston h

I'm not sure why I'm being accused of bashing CD.  Again I say, I have nothing against CD and I'm sure he would be a great quarterback at Arkansas Tech but he doesn't have the tools to win at a bigtime program.  Say what you will about his arm, accuracy, footwork and mobility and then go watch the LSU, Florida, MSU or Wisconsin games and tell me that you honestly believe what you are saying.  I don't dislike the guy, I'm sure he is a great kid but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO START IN THE SEC!!!!!

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 01:59:52 pm

BUT in this case...and in YOUR case, MM is garnering WAY TOO MUCH attention and credit for the wins.  If Casey had been the starter, the Hogs STILL would have won those 8...why?  Because the scoring came...and st down for this one.....through RUNNING THE BALL!!!!  As for quoting Wally Hall, you took away from YOUR credibility by quoting him.  On occasion he's right...BUT those times are few and far between.  I wouldn't trust the Demizette to keep me warm on a cold night if I had a handfull of matches, a stack of their papers and gasoline.
Mitch Mustain to Ben Cleveland for a TD to win the Alabama game. Would have Casey Dick done the same thing.

BartIV

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:01:12 pm
I'm not sure why I'm being accused of bashing CD.  Again I say, I have nothing against CD and I'm sure he would be a great quarterback at Arkansas Tech but he doesn't have the tools to win at a bigtime program.  Say what you will about his arm, accuracy, footwork and mobility and then go watch the LSU, Florida, MSU or Wisconsin games and tell me that you honestly believe what you are saying.  I don't dislike the guy, I'm sure he is a great kid but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO START IN THE SEC!!!!!
lol, Arkansas Tech, i didn't see it coming. that was good.

hawgette

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:00:52 pm

That's the ONLY thing you got out of what I stated???  Do you have tunnellvision or is it just the appearance of it?

No he just believes that Mitch was the only reason we won any games...screw the other players on the team.  Mitch was the reason.  All ends with Mitch

Houston h

May 17, 2007, 02:03:13 pm #137 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:05:02 pm by Houston hater
Quote from: hawgaramus on May 17, 2007, 01:59:53 pm

Okay, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl ring as a starting QB.  Dan Marino has no SB jewelry.  Going by your logic, that would make Trent Dilfer a better quarterback than Dan Marino.  Is this what you think?

He does have the ring but no, that's not what I said.  You are saying that the talent around MM made him a winner, I'm saying that the same talent was around CD and he lost repeatedly this past year and the year before so what does that make him? 

hawgaramus

You're using one indicator to judge his performance, instead of looking at his performance as a whole.  You have to look at what the other players around him did during those games, the quality of opponents he started against, and his INDIVIDUAL STATS for those games.  Mustain's individual stats were about the same as Casey Dick's for the season.  You can reasonably infer that Dick would have done just as well during that 8-0 stretch, and Mustain would have done just as poorly against Florida and LSU.  This is supported by the fact that they both got substantial playing time against Wisconsin, and the team didn't move under either of the quarterbacks.

BartIV

Quote from: hawgette on May 17, 2007, 02:02:42 pm

No he just believes that Mitch was the only reason we won any games...screw the other players on the team.  Mitch was the reason.  All ends with Mitch
I am glad you finally have come to realize this.

football-writer

So MM was the leader?  By the way the Hogs played, My guess was that the UNQUESTIONED on-field leader of that team was 1) on offense (that part is true) 2) played those 8 games (true too) ...but...3) wore the Number 5 on his jersey.  As McFadden went, so went the Hogs.

hogtusk

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 01:49:38 pm

He was the starting quarterback!  What do you not understand about that?  Trent Dilfer won the super bowl and was only average at best but he still WON a superbowl!
I'm confused, so are you saying CD or MM was average at best and will win a Super Bowl. I think that either of the 2 QB's could win a National Championship with the backing of the right teammates and a little luck.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

football-writer

Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:03:45 pm

So you're saying that if it was MM by himself against LSU, Arkansas would have won?  And how are you this afternoon, Ms. Campbell?

bsking

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:01:12 pm

You are bashing him though.  Saying he has a weak arm and terrible accuracy.  The fact is, casey dick can pass MUCH better than Darren.  People get their panties pulled up their butt when they realize that mcfadden can somewhat throw a spiral and hit a wide open reciever.  Its amazing that he can, since he has such great running skills, but his passing game isnt good alone.  If dick could complete 50% of his passes we would be fine.  P.S. Moving him to full time QB is a horrible idea.

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:04:04 pm

So MM was the leader?  By the way the Hogs played, My guess was that the UNQUESTIONED on-field leader of that team was 1) on offense (that part is true) 2) played those 8 games (true too) ...but...3) wore the Number 5 on his jersey.  As McFadden went, so went the Hogs.
Say what you want, but at the end of the day Mitch Mustain was 8-0 as a University of Arkansas QB.  8-0 thats all i have to say.  8 being wins and 0 being loses if you didn't know.

hardhittinghog

Casey has a presence of being a back-up, bench warmer.
I dislike Casey at QB as much as anyone...sometimes I think Nutt could find some mentally deranged hobo on a streetcorner put him in as QB and get better results than what he gets from CD...but I think CD's teammates trust him and respect him as a leader
Hi. I'm Wilford Brimley and I have Diabetes. It hurts me to pee and it causes me to be short with my family. I can't sleep at night. The other day I stubbed my toe and I took it out on the dog. And two weeks ago I ran out of vanilla ice cream and struck my wife. Then I find out my wife's been dead for six years. Who the hell did I hit?!

The Marmot

Like it or not, QBs at every level are judged on starting wins... and I hope CD bucks his trend and does very well.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:05:09 pm
Quote from: BartIV on May 17, 2007, 02:03:45 pm

So you're saying that if it was MM by himself against LSU, Arkansas would have won?  And how are you this afternoon, Ms. Campbell?
If MM had played the LSU game, he might have been 9-0, but we will never know. With his 100% winning percentage, I have to say he had a 100% chance of winning.

football-writer

Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:03:13 pm

He does have the ring but no, that's not what I said.  You are saying that the talent around MM made him a winner, I'm saying that the same talent was around CD and he lost repeatedly this past year and the year before so what does that make him? 

Unfortunate to be on the field when the Hogs lost...the SAME WAY MM was FORTUNATE to be on the field when they won. 

BartIV

Quote from: football-writer on May 17, 2007, 02:07:50 pm
Quote from: Houston hater on May 17, 2007, 02:03:13 pm

Unfortunate to be on the field when the Hogs lost...the SAME WAY MM was FORTUNATE to be on the field when they won. 
8-0