Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Rushmore of Arkansas Basketball

Started by The_Iceman, February 16, 2014, 06:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

I saw this picture on twitter and it got me thinking: who are the 4 members of Arkansas Basketball's Mt. Rushmore?

Mick Hogger

Sidney and Eddie  and then Corliss and Nolan
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hogfaniam

Coaches
Glen Rose
Eugene Lambert
Eddie Sutton
Nolan Richardson

Players
Corliss
Sid
Ron Brewer Sr
Darrell Walker
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

hawkhawg

Nolan, Corliss, Sidney are the for sure top three. The last spot is where I have trouble with. I would probably go with Eddie. But because of the era I grew up in I would want to put Day on there.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bobcat ball

WOO PIG

YouCrawl_IQuall

Ronnie Brewer, Patrick Beverley, Coutney Fortson, Steven Hill

The_Iceman

Quote from: bobcat ball on February 16, 2014, 07:03:31 pm
Todd, Corliss, Nolan, Sidney

Im really surprise Todd Day's #10 isnt going in the rafters.  (Or list it was "Day/Brewer #10")

Dirty

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 16, 2014, 09:02:58 pm
Im really surprise Todd Day's #10 isnt going in the rafters.  (Or list it was "Day/Brewer #10")

Todd Day is my favorite Razorback!

gmarv

i think it should be nolan eddie sidney corliss.
corliss and sidneys # should be the only ones retired.

k.c.hawg

Eddie, Sidney and Nolan, Corliss.

Two Hall of Fame coaches and their two Arkansas High School recruits that took Razorback Basketball to the greatest heights it has known.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

TRUHOG718

If someone would edit that and put Ray Biggers on there I promise to buy you a drink.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Hogcephus

Quote from: Hogfaniam on February 16, 2014, 06:54:37 pm
Coaches
Glen Rose
Eugene Lambert
Eddie Sutton
Nolan Richardson

Players
Corliss
Sid
Ron Brewer Sr
Darrell Walker

Eugene Lambert was a relative of mine. He told me many stories about his time as coach of the Razorbacks!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hawkhawg on February 16, 2014, 06:59:43 pm
Nolan, Corliss, Sidney are the for sure top three. The last spot is where I have trouble with. I would probably go with Eddie. But because of the era I grew up in I would want to put Day on there.

and that's really the only scenario there is Day/Eddie, but more would go with Eddie.

60 Minutes of Hell

We're failing to consider how entertaining this mountain face could be.

Bubba Hog, Bill Clinton, and Dana Altman could certainly be depicted together interestingly.  Not sure about the final spot.  With Bill in there, it might need to be Sue E.  Just sayin.
What a fool I used to be.

Mr. Porkleone

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Scotty Thurman 3 in 94 championship game alone deserves a Rushmore head.

pigroots

Nolan, Super Sid, Corliss, and Boothead......hard for me to leave Martin Terry off this list.(Great Player but terrible teams)

maxhog5

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 16, 2014, 09:02:58 pm

From what I saw when he came back, Day grew up and changed for much the better, but a lot of people forget what an ass he was when he was here.  No way his number ever goes into the rafters. 

colbs

Kevin

if martin terry's teams won, he is on there. plus, was a juco guy. cannot imagine the numbers had he been a 4 year guy.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawkhawg

Quote from: colbs on February 18, 2014, 12:14:48 pm
Nolan, Corliss, Sidney, and Scottie

You are talking about Thurman, but this made me think of Scottie Pippen.  If we are not talking about Razorbacks than Pippen should be on there.

SexyBeast77

razorbackfanatic

Jason Gilbert, Jason Jennings, Glendon Alexander, Julysses Nobles!

Seriously though, Sid, Day, Corliss, Thurman. Players only.

hawkhawg

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 18, 2014, 02:34:05 pm
Jason Gilbert, Jason Jennings, Glendon Alexander, Julysses Nobles!

Seriously though, Sid, Day, Corliss, Thurman. Players only.

Glendon is already on the Cummins Mt Rushmore of Basketball Players.

tomw

hogs weren't relevant in basketball until Sutton came....and it died quickly in 96....not much of a storied past

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on February 18, 2014, 02:34:05 pm
Julysses Nobles!

Speaking of Nobles, he is averaging 15 pts, 4 rebs, 4 asts, 1.5 stls per game at Jackson State.

The_Iceman

Quote from: netteltonhog on February 18, 2014, 04:32:25 pm
Joe Klein

Joe Kleine had a good career, especially his last two seasons (18.2ppg/9.2rebs and 22.1ppg/8.4rebs). I think what keeps him off the list (or retiring his number) is:

1) Lack of postseason success (only 1 Sweet 16)
2) Lack of conference success (one 1 conference championship)
3) He might not have been the best player on this team (Alvin Robinson)

Fayettechill14

Quote from: tomw on February 18, 2014, 04:07:15 pm
hogs weren't relevant in basketball until Sutton came....and it died quickly in 96....not much of a storied past

Top 15 in all-time wins. Top 20 in all-time Final Fours and Sweet Sixteens. It's fairly storied.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Qbackinman

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 17, 2014, 05:36:07 pm
I concur

Agree with Eddie, Sidney, Nolan and Corliss. First names I came up with, too.

If there are four, these are it. I can't see where's there's any argument.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Kevin on February 18, 2014, 12:34:31 pm
if martin terry's teams won, he is on there. plus, was a juco guy. cannot imagine the numbers had he been a 4 year guy.

And with a  three pt line. Dean Tolson was a scoring machine, also.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

dhornjr1

pigroots

I think a top 10 list of Razorback greats would probably include 7-8 guards. We have had some great guards...Moncrief, Joe Johnson, Ron and Ronnie Brewer, Day, Robertson, Walker, Martin Terry. Man that's an outrageously good group of guards with solid to great pro careers

The_Iceman

I see Joe Johnson's name come up quite a bit. I just wonder if he would not have gone on to be an NBA star if his name would be up there will all of the greats.

He averaged only like 14-15 ppg while he was here for 1.5 years. In terms of their overall career at Arkansas, I would put guys like Ronnie Brewer ahead of him.