Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK Recruiting

Started by Hog and Eggs, April 28, 2015, 03:40:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog and Eggs

Interestingly, UK has only 2 of the top 15 players. However, they are ranked #2 and have a chance at Maker and Brown. Do you think they miss on one, both, or neither and if they do miss, where does that put them heading into next year?

Hawg Red

Also got the top available JUCO player today.

But I think a lot of kids saw the platoon system this year and got kind of turned off. They saw guys like Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson that were McDonald's All-Americans like them not getting a lot of minutes. They saw Karl-Anthony Towns, a projected top 3 pick, only averaging 20 minutes a game. Didn't hurt his draft stock any, but kids want to play. It's that simple. You're not going to find too many kids that will buy into something like that.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 28, 2015, 04:01:04 pm
Also got the top available JUCO player today.

But I think a lot of kids saw the platoon system this year and got kind of turned off. They saw guys like Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson that were McDonald's All-Americans like them not getting a lot of minutes. They saw Karl-Anthony Towns, a projected top 3 pick, only averaging 20 minutes a game. Didn't hurt his draft stock any, but kids want to play. It's that simple. You're not going to find too many kids that will buy into something like that.

Agreed, though I'm sure Cal will will be quick to mention to any recruit that is turned off by this past season's limited minutes available that he only implemented his two team 'platoon' system this past season since he had TOO much talent to work with and only so many minutes to provide. Every season prior he's had little problem going about 8 players deep with the majority of starters getting 30+ minutes/game.

Since he had seven players declare for the NBA, I bet he won't have to worry about a similar 'platoon' system this coming season.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hog and Eggs

Is it really the platoon system that is the problem though? I mean, that does exacerbate the problem, but it would seem to me that the real issue is simply having too much talent. Even before this past season there were very highly recruited guys who weren't getting any run. Neither Dakari or Lee played much the year before either.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on April 28, 2015, 04:22:24 pm
Is it really the platoon system that is the problem though? I mean, that does exacerbate the problem, but it would seem to me that the real issue is simply having too much talent. Even before this past season there were very highly recruited guys who weren't getting any run. Neither Dakari or Lee played much the year before either.

Just depends on who all these guys are competing against for minutes, season by season. Dakari and Lee saw lots of size come into the program this past season, so despite the fact they were a season older/better, they still have better players coming in that they have to compete with.

Two seasons ago, four UK players got 30+ minutes per game. Yet, only seven players saw 10+ minutes overall.

Last year, no one saw 26+ minutes/game. Yet, they had 10 players see 10+ minutes/game.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hog and Eggs on April 28, 2015, 04:22:24 pm

The platoon system was a by-product of having too much talent. For the purposes of my point, they're basically the same thing.

MountieDawg

Cal prefers a 7 man rotation, but he does want one more 5 star this year. They made a big push on Monk last weekend when he played a tourney in Kentucky. Briscoe, Ulis, Poythress, Lee and Skal Labiessere will be a good starting 5... The juco shooting guard, Willis and Hawkins will have to provide help off the bench. Their practices won't be as near competitive this year.
SEC!

pfrg999

I hate UK.... Sorry That just had to be said after reading this...
Not for any particular reason or anything in the thread... Just because they're Kentucky!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Hog and Eggs

Quote from: pfrg999 on April 28, 2015, 05:57:22 pm
I hate UK.... Sorry That just had to be said after reading this...
Not for any particular reason or anything in the thread... Just because they're Kentucky!

I'm with you...I sincerely hope they miss out on the rest of their primary targets. Even doing that though they will be tough.

hawg1221

Now I don't necessarily keep up with Kentucky, but as of right now, they have 4 commits. Three have been committed for a while. Since they had 7 players declare, they've only got 1 commit from JUCO. They struck out 4 times with the big boys. They have 2 players they are still recruiting hard and just offered a 3 star who committed to NCST. It appears they are scrambling to complete their class. Kentucky may be a very beatable team next year.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: hawg1221 on April 29, 2015, 11:40:09 am
Now I don't necessarily keep up with Kentucky, but as of right now, they have 4 commits. Three have been committed for a while. Since they had 7 players declare, they've only got 1 commit from JUCO. They struck out 4 times with the big boys. They have 2 players they are still recruiting hard and just offered a 3 star who committed to NCST. It appears they are scrambling to complete their class. Kentucky may be a very beatable team next year.
In the very least, they'll be much more beatable than this past season. They're the favorite I'm sure, but I won't be altogether surprised if UK doesn't finish first in the SEC.

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Have no idea what Jaylen Brown will do if he announces tonight.  All recent vibes I hear are pro-UK but none are definite. Fingers crossed

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  13h 13 hours ago
Jaylen Brown picks California

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  13h 13 hours ago
Miss State, LSU, Cal, UNLV...I don't get this class. Oh well.  Have a good night Internet

#platoon
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  11h 11 hours ago

The reality is that others schools used the Platoon system to kill Kentucky with recruits in the 2015 class: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/so-what-happened-with-jaylen-brown/ ...

QuoteThe platoon system killed Kentucky on the recruiting trail in the final weeks. What was a huge positive during the season, because it showcased how Calipari would take care of his kids and a group of players could sacrifice their individual interests for a collective goal, became a hammer that opposing coaches pounded UK with on the recruiting trail. One source told me, "Zimmerman, Newman, Diallo and Swanigan all four at some point probably had UK as their leader...and all four were barraged with the platoon talk all season." Even though Calipari told the recruits that the platoon thing was a one time deal and told parents that people should look at it as a positive (he takes care of all his kids), the worry about playing time being sacrificed made kids who were UK leans turn into open recruits. After seven players declared for the Draft, Kentucky then found itself behind in recruitments that it once led in (Zimmerman, Newman) and forced to play catchup on recruitments where it had trailed (Ingram, Brown). Everyone assumed someone would bite...but slowly no one did as the characteristic which made the 2015 team so special was used to help weaken the crop that would make up the 2016 version.

In Brown's particular case, another factor was at play. A source close to the situation told me on Sunday that "Jaylen Brown is one kid where the UK media/fan attention actually hurt UK's chances." According to the source, Brown expressed to a number of people the worry that the attention at UK was overwhelming and might be more than he would like to deal with. All season long, Brown has avoided the media spotlight...he didn't do a ton of interviews, his people leaked almost nothing to the press
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari  ·  2m 2 minutes ago

If you ask me if I'm ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO. Last season was an absolute outlier. http://www.coachcal.com/34612/2015/05/we-may-never-platoon-again-but-players-will-always-come-first/ ...

QuoteIf you ask me if I'm ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO. Last season was an absolute outlier. It's just not the way I like to coach. I would rather play seven or eight guys because I believe that gives us the best chance to win. I think we wrote the book on platooning this year, but I hope we stick it on the shelf and never have to use it again...

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  28m 28 minutes ago

Elite players don't want to play 20'ish minutes a game. It's fine while you are undefeated, but it's a tough sell to kids these days.

One more thing on the UK Platoon: It's not exactly as if Calipari stuck with it for all that long, anyway. He did it in many of the routs.

jbcarol

Lori Stvns ZimmerMoM @VegasBballMom  ·  23h 23 hours ago

Seven amazing players left for the draft how does platooning hurt?

Her son is joining Altee Tenpenny on the campus of UNLV.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts @NextCats  ·  21m 21 minutes ago

New player page: Bio info, video, rankings, etc., for Jamal Murray, a possible UK addition for the class of 2015 http://bit.ly/1HtNrlJ

QuoteJAMAL MURRAY

Crystal Ball: Favors Kentucky
Guard | 6-5 | 200
School: Orangeville Prep (Can.)
Hometown: Kitchener, Ontario

Murray was already a highly touted recruit when his stock skyrocketed at the Nike Hoop Summit in April. The versatile combo guard scored 30 points and dished out five assists in the game, earning MVP honors while leading the World Select Team to a victory over a U.S. squad full of McDonald's All-Americans.

Though currently a member of the class of 2016, Murray is contemplating a move that would allow him to reclassify to 2015 and play college basketball next season. As an international prospect, he could also stay in high school one more year and jump directly to the NBA Draft in 2016...

jbcarol

T.J. Walker @TWalkerRivals  ·  17h 17 hours ago

T.J. Walker retweeted Jamal Murray

Jamal Murray's first tweet after his visit to UK. [maybe ever]

Jamal Murray ‏@BeMore27

Just Enjoying The Process😊
4:12 PM - 21 May 2015

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  16h 16 hours ago

Jamal Murray's dad tells @ChrisFisher247 that his son is going to take more recruiting visits after visiting UK this week

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Murray-taking-more-visits-37407438 ...

jbcarol

Steve Jones @SteveJones_CJ  ·  24h 24 hours ago

Isaiah Briscoe's dad on UK: "If everybody in the gym wants to be a pro, it's just going to push you to be one." http://cjky.it/1SpzFXb

Quote"I've never second-guessed myself, never short-changed myself," Briscoe said this spring. "I am who I am. I feel as though I'm the best player, and I think everybody should feel like that. But unfortunately everybody doesn't think like that. I was just brought up that way, and my confidence is always sky-high regardless of what I'm doing."

Considered a top-15 prospect nationally and arguably the top point guard in 2015, Briscoe's high school career included success upon success. He led Roselle Catholic High School to New Jersey's all-divisions Tournament of Champions title. Last summer he won a gold medal with USA Basketball and led his travel team to the championship of the talent-packed Nike Elite Youth Basketball League.

He's a McDonald's All American, Jordan Brand All American and respected guard who can play either backcourt position with aplomb.

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  5h 5 hours ago

Jamal Murray tells @AdamZagoria that it could be up to two months before he decides where he will go to college.

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  4m 4 minutes ago
Kentucky signee Mychal Mulder "not intimidated" about unconventional start at UK http://bit.ly/1HEvSPW

QuoteMychal Mulder. A JUCO standout from Vincennes University, Mulder is coming to Kentucky with experience and the taste of victory under his belt. He told Vaught, "I am not intimidated that I did not take the same route to Kentucky as most guys there did. I still feel like my journey is a good story and will get better." A native of Canada, Mulder had the opportunity to watch Kentucky play in their 2010 exhibition games in Windsor and said, "They were a really good squad then and put a little smack on my team. Nobody wanted to miss those games."

As for motives, Mulder has always had a passion for basketball but playing for Kentucky hits a new peak. "I knew early that basketball was my first love but I never expected an opportunity like I have now at Kentucky."

jbcarol

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria  ·  53m 53 minutes ago

JUCO SG Mychal Mulder has officially signed with Kentucky

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  24h 24 hours ago

John Calipari to Thon Maker: "When you're ready to be recruited, call me" http://bit.ly/1J3l1AB  #BBN

QuoteOnly John Calipari has the swagger to tell a five-star recruit to call him when he's ready to be recruited, and that's exactly what Calipari told Thon Maker recently.

Maker's guardian, Ed Smith, told Zagsblog, "Like Cal said, when you're ready to be recruited, call me."

Indiana and Arizona State have had the most contact with Maker lately, but Calipari and Kentucky are still in the mix without wearing out the phone lines.

"Highlight" Maker

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  20h 20 hours ago

John Calipari and Jamal Murray made the AllTech Herald...for some reason this picture makes me laugh: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/cal-and-jamal-murray-in-the-alltech-herald/ ...

QuoteIn a Behind The Scenes feature on pg. 22 of the latest edition of the Alltech Herald, there's this photo of John Calipari and Jamal Murray on the Alltech Rebelation stage during Murray's official visit to UK. As the caption points out, Cal is previewing his talk the next day, the one that blew up with the mention of last season's goal being eight players in the NBA Draft.

Corporate leadership forum

jbcarol

Tyler Thompson ‏@MrsTylerKSR 3h3 hours ago

Which players are John Calipari and his staff prioritizing for 2016? @jerrymeyer247 and I break it down for you: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/breaking-down-uks-top-priorities-in-the-2016-class/ ...

QuoteMalik Monk
Shooting Guard

6'3″, 170 lbs.
Bentonville, Ark. (Bentonville High School)

247Sports Composite: No. 5 overall, No. 2 SG
247Sports: No. 3 overall, No. 2 SG
Rivals: No. 7 overall
ESPN: No. 6 overall, No. 1 SG

Leaders: Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina

Monk made a big jump in the latest recruiting rankings after strong performances in the recent EYBL events, including the one at KBA last month. Monk scored 39 points in front of John Calipari, backing up talk that he may be the best scorer in the class.

Kentucky and Arkansas are considered his leaders. His brother Marcus played both football and basketball for the Razorbacks, but if anyone can get Monk out of his home state, it's John Calipari.

Jerry Meyer on UK's chances with Monk: "Malik Monk looks to be a battle between Kentucky and in-state school Arkansas, where his brother Marcus Monk starred. Kansas is also a factor in this recruitment."

jbcarol

2016 Kentucky commitment Wynyard might be ready to join Cats this season

QuoteFor the time being, New Zealand basketball standout Tai Wynyard is committed to play for the University of Kentucky as a member of the class of 2016.

That could change in the coming months.

Wynyard — a 6-foot-10 prospect — weighed in at 263 pounds at the Nike Hoop Summit, where he struggled at times against elite post players such as Kansas signee Cheick Diallo.

Less than two months later, the UK commitment showed up in Colorado looking like a different player. He has dropped about 10 pounds through an improved diet and workout routine, and that's resulted in better mobility on the court.

Wynyard sounded optimistic over the weekend that he could indeed join the team in December. That will hinge on him completing his high school coursework in New Zealand earlier than expected, and he said he also hopes to get his body in better shape before starting his college career.

If he checks those two boxes, UK will have a mid-season addition.

If it happens, UK fans should temper their expectations.

Wynyard just turned 17 in February...

jbcarol

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels  2h2 hours ago Kentucky, USA
James Banks, a top 100 big man in the 2016 class, tells Scout he is currently on an unofficial visit to Kentucky,

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 2h2 hours ago

Tai Wynyard named MVP of the FIBA 3-on-3 world championships. Second-leading scorer at the event. UK fans will love the hustle.

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 3h3 hours ago

Isaiah Briscoe's not worried about Jamal Murray http://bit.ly/1Liwg7B  #BBN

Quote...future Cat Isaiah Briscoe is in Colorado Springs for USA Basketball Training Camp, and he doesn't have time to stress about that mess.

"I don't have nothing to do with Jamal Murray," Briscoe told Rivals' TJ Walker earlier this week. "It doesn't matter, and I'm going to be at Kentucky and it doesn't matter. I don't care who else is going to Kentucky. Whoever decides to come that's fine."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Sonny Bairos, a Canadian basketball writer who follows recruiting out of Canada says he believes Oregon is the frontrunner, and with two days left, that'd mean the likely destination of Jamal Murray.

QuoteThe Canadians on the roster (Dillon Brooks, Dylan Ennis and Chris Boucher), the AAU and strong friendship he has with Brooks, the relationship he's build with Oregon Assistant Coach Mike Mennenga, and the fit of the program (sic).

If Oregon is to land a 5-star guard and bring him to this squad they will have to be the favorite to win the conference next year.

Bairos says Murray will announce on Tuesday at 3pm PDT.

If so, Altman beats out Calipari for the reclassifying international star.

jbcarol

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 9h9 hours ago

Jamal Murray knows UK's backcourt is loaded: "Whatever he needs me to do to get the job done, I'm willing to do that" http://bit.ly/1BN9SDs

QuoteJohn Calipari got the news at the same time as everyone else, when five-star combo guard Jamal Murray announced his commitment to the Wildcats during a ceremony televised live on Canadian sports channel TSN.

jbcarol

Jamal Murray's fit with Kentucky and why he's the cause of Cal's 'position-less basketball' push

QuoteBefore I go any further, before I even mention the name of the five-star guard that Kentucky added last night, let me make one thing crystal clear: When it's late June and you add a top 15 recruit to your roster, that is always a good thing.

Always.

Talent is talent. You can't win without talent. And Jamal Murray, a 6-foot-3 combo-guard from Ontario, has got plenty of it. We all saw it on display in April when he went for 30 points and six assists for the World team as they knocked off the Americans in the Nike Hoop Summit.

On Wednesday night, Murray announced that he will be joining Skal Labissiere, Isaiah Briscoe and Charles Matthews in John Calipari's 2015 recruiting class.

And that is, unequivocally, a good thing. The Wildcats now may have the nation's best front court player in Labissiere as well as the most talented perimeter trio in the country. That combination is why we bumped Kentucky up two spots to No. 3 in our latest preseason top 25. It's why the Wildcats will enter the 2015-16 season, a year that is completely devoid of a true national title favorite, as one of a handful of teams with a real shot of cutting down the nets on the first weekend in April.

But before the hype train gets completely out of control, let's talk about how Murray actually fits on this Kentucky roster. Hint: It's not exactly ideal, because Murray and Briscoe essentially play the same position. Neither are true point guards — that title belongs to the third member of their back court, Ulis — but both are ball-dominant lead guards that are at their best when they have the ball in their hands, when they are allowed the freedom to create, either for themselves or for their teammates...

jbcarol

Kentucky is one of three schools in the mix for Greek 7-footer Giorgios Papagiannis.

Papagiannis (7-1, 235) also mentioned N.C. State (Mark Gottfried) and St. John's (Chris Mullin) as possibilities

QuotePapagiannis is ranked as a 5-star prospect by 247Sports Director of Scouting Jerry Meyer.

Papagiannis is playing on the Greek national team at the FIBA U19 World Championship in Crete, where he's averaged 11.0 points, 11.7 rebounds and 4.7 blocks in helping lead Greece to a 3-0 record in group play.

UK commit Tai Wynyard (6-10, 263) of New Zealand is also expected to join the Wildcats' roster at the semester break.

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 49m49 minutes ago

Hearing that Greek center Georgios Papagiannis is not an option for UK in 2015 class...so my inability to pronounce his name is irrelevant

jbcarol

http://www.coachcal.com/34867/2015/07/coach-cal-who-wants-to-be-next

Every year I come out and shed some light on what I'm doing in recruiting and give an anecdote about how we, as a staff, go about it and what philosophies we believe in. I call it my annual recruiting manifesto.

Typically, these are pretty lengthy. That's not the case this year.

Last year was truly amazing. I grew as a coach, I learned from the players and I'm absolutely humbled by how they came together and how they sacrificed. Our team benefitted from all the records they set, but individual players benefitted more, and that's the way I want this. Whatever the team accomplishes, I want the players to benefit more.

Moving forward, when a normal program loses seven players to the NBA it's devastating for the next three or four years. Some never recover. That's not Kentucky.

I'm so excited about our team this year. We could have the best backcourt, and maybe the best frontcourt in the country. I think we will have depth, athleticism and shooting. I couldn't be more excited about the challenge. Then I asked our guys coming back: Why not? Why not do something crazy like last year?

As far as recruiting, if you watch our teams – not only last year, but the other years also – you'll notice players have improved. Nobody is left behind. We've had 40 scholarship-recruited players, 25 have been drafted by the NBA and another handful are in Europe, the D-League or still here on campus. I think that tells the story.

Now I'll say this to all the recruits and their families: Who wants to be next?

jbcarol

Steve Nash has high praise for Canada's Murray

QuoteTORONTO — You only get one chance to make a first impression, and Jamal Murray is taking it head on.

The 18-year-old from Kitchener, Ont., made his senior national team debut on Tuesday night, taking the rare leap from playing against his high school-aged peers to playing with and against men in the space of just a few months.

The kid did all right, earning praise from none other than men's senior national team general manager Steve Nash...

"I'm just starting to get to know him," Nash said. "I've watched him quite a bit. He's got a tremendous amount of ability. He's got a very bright future. It's very exciting for our program. But it's also exciting for me as a point guard — to see a young player come through with that much ability is very fun and exciting."

Murray checked in midway through the first quarter becoming one of just a handful of players to make their senior debuts before they played university basketball...

Can an 18-year-old work his way onto a 12-man team that is projected to be made up almost entirely of NBA players?

"I wouldn't say it's out of the question," said Nash, who might have been Canada's best player when he made his senior national team debut at the 1994 World Championships as a 20-year-old.

Murray is game for it. In theory he's supposed to begin classes at the University of Kentucky in August but accommodations can be made. He says he'll start them online if he has to...

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ Jul 29

Murray's dad said UK fans have nothing to worry about. Son eager to join teammates in Lexington. Working out details. http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/07/29/when-will-jamal-murray-get-to-kentucky/30825901/ ...

QuoteThere will be training camp in the middle of August and then from Aug. 31 through Sept. 12 is the FIBA Americas Championship, where the up-and-coming Canadians need to finish first or second to earn an invitation to the Rio Olympics in 2016. The issue for Murray and the Wildcats – beyond the fact that every other UK player is already on campus, working out and playing together and bonding – is classes start Aug. 26.

So what will Murray do?

"We're still trying to work that out," his father, Roger, told The Courier-Journal. "I really don't want to jeopardize school too much; I take it seriously. So we're still trying to see what is the best move to accommodate both situations. Nothing is guaranteed yet."

Cats coach John Calipari told Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News that he has given Canada Basketball officials a "drop-dead" date Murray would have to arrive on campus to begin the fall term and be eligible for the full 2015-16 season.

"We'll see if there's any way he can do both, because that's what I want," Calipari told DeCourcy. "The kid absolutely wants to play for the national team, and we want that. But the NCAA has really clear guidelines on this."

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 15m15 minutes ago

New Story || Report: Kentucky likely to add Australian 7-footer for 2015-16 season. http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/08/01/report-uk-to-add-australian-big-man/30982905/ ...

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 35m35 minutes ago

Kyle Tucker retweeted Rob Dauster

Been told they aren't concerned about Skal. Think this was about losing four guys 6-10 or taller and only adding one

Rob Dauster ‏@RobDauster 23m23 minutes ago

@KyleTucker_CJ fwiw I'm not just talking ineligibility. If he loses games, UK plays some important teams in non-con.

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 9m9 minutes ago

.@RobDauster I believe they are confident Skal will miss no games.

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ 5m5 minutes ago

Towns said Skal "showed some great glimpses, but ..." Calipari: "got a way to go." Towns: "There's a reason I'm a pro."

Calipari confident Skal will play Day 1? "Oh, yeah."

Cal jokes that now he has to go through Towns' people to speak to him. Big-time now. Says he chats with Karlito still.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kentucky has landed their second commitment for the Class of 2016, as four-star forward Sacha Killeya-Jones has announced that he will be a Wildcat...

QuoteKilleya-Jones, who goes to high school in southern Virginia, originally committed to Tony Bennett and the Cavaliers but reopened his recruitment in early June. He had some impressive performances at camps that month, and his recruitment really took off in July.

At 6-foot-10, Killeya-Jones' natural position is as a power forward, but he's versatile and skilled enough to step out on the perimeter and operate as a stretch-four...

hawginbigd1

UK has now replaced all 7 early entry players and already had the #1 recruiting class in the country before adding #7 today. Got #49 player for 2016 to reclassify to 2015.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 20, 2015, 09:16:43 pm
UK has now replaced all 7 early entry players and already had the #1 recruiting class in the country before adding #7 today. Got #49 player for 2016 to reclassify to 2015.

SEC forum
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/635789779712507904

QuoteTai Wynyard, the 6-foot-10, 265-pound New Zealand big man, confirmed that he will enroll at the school in December and will play the second semester of the 2015-16 season.

"I'm sure I will be coming to UK in December to begin classes winter/spring semester," Wynyard told VaughtsViews.com.

Jay Jay Chandler, a 6-3 2017 point guard from Katy (TX) Cinco Ranch, visited Kentucky and Ohio State this week and his father broke down both visits for HoopSeen.com.

On Kentucky:

"It was a real, real nice place and very special situation. Got a good visit of the team's day to day life styles. We liked the opportunity and feel like he's their type of player."

"They told us they'll see us in Houston in a couple of months. We will keep working hard."

jbcarol