Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Donovan to OKC

Started by The_Iceman, April 02, 2015, 01:57:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  54m 54 minutes ago

So in an hour @WojYahooNBA goes from trumpeting Billy Donovan to Kevin Ollie. Gotta love Twitter. Speculation season at its finest.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Always remember Kevin Durant gushing to me about Kevin Ollie when hired at UConn. Biggest key for Presti: keeping KD and Westbrook in OKC.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  2h 2 hours ago

If Donovan does leave for NBA, no easy replacement at Florida -- as was case for Jeremy Foley last time Donovan almost left -Anthony Grant.

poloprince

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2015, 02:41:41 pm
No offense, but you also said Allen signed a long time ago, just last week on the day he was actually signing. You aren't exactly the Kevaughn Allen insider.

You believe what you choose the believe. Ever wonder why it was a private ceremony? FYI, I don't take offense to anyone or any statement made here. I never claimed to be an insider.
$PoLoPrInCe$

poloprince

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 22, 2015, 02:43:28 pm
He was also guaranteeing Portis and Qualls would be back.

Things changed and it's as simple as that. Just like when Kingsley was Louisville bound. Right??
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Quote from: poloprince on April 22, 2015, 03:36:08 pm
Things changed and it's as simple as that. Just like when Kingsley was Louisville bound. Right??

I don't think Kingsley was ever close to committing to Louisville. I'm sure they were under heavy consideration, though.

poloprince

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 22, 2015, 03:45:32 pm
I don't think Kingsley was ever close to committing to Louisville. I'm sure they were under heavy consideration, though.

Well, there was an interview done by BP where he stated Kingsley was going to Louisville until they won that national title in AAU and then he decided they would play together.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Hawg Red

Quote from: poloprince on April 22, 2015, 03:50:16 pm
Well, there was an interview done by BP where he stated Kingsley was going to Louisville until they won that national title in AAU and then he decided they would play together.

Anyone else remember this?

I only remember a short time where many thought Kingsley was a Louisville lean.

jry04

Quote from: poloprince on April 22, 2015, 03:33:10 pm

You believe what you choose the believe. Ever wonder why it was a private ceremony? FYI, I don't take offense to anyone or any statement made here. I never claimed to be an insider.
Because signing the papers isn't something that is usually done in public unless it is done the same day they announce?

Players have public announcements. He was not announcing, he was signing to a school that he already committed to. The guy was not signed. You were wrong, as simple as that.

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 22, 2015, 03:45:32 pm
Never saw anything saying that. Only naysayers on here thinking we had no shot at Kingsley.

Tusks

Can no one see the obvious.....if BD goes to the NBA and the gaytors promote the lazy lazy lazy arse pelphrey to HC and KA is stuck playing for mr. absent.

now that is a 'rich' scenario.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jry04

Quote from: tusked on April 22, 2015, 04:21:48 pm
Can no one see the obvious.....if BD goes to the NBA and the gaytors promote the lazy lazy lazy arse pelphrey to HC and KA is stuck playing for mr. absent.

Too bad it is as unlikely as KA coming here is.

The Gators are paying Donovan a lot of money. They will get a solid coach in there, with the money they have and Donovan proving you can bring big name recruits to Gainesville. Donovan won 2 national championships, and went to a Final Four last season. That will definitely get the attention of a lot of coaches if there is an opening.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2015, 04:23:44 pm

The Gators are paying Donovan a lot of money. They will get a solid coach in there, with the money they have and Donovan proving you can bring big name recruits to Gainesville. Donovan won 2 national championships, and went to a Final Four last season. That will definitely get the attention of a lot of coaches if there is an opening.

If Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi State can make the hires they did, Florida should be able to get a very good, proven coach.

Tusks

Quote from: jry04 on April 22, 2015, 04:23:44 pm

you really think that I think, based on my post, that I seriously think that there is anyway in the world that the basketball version of 'jack crowe' would EVER get promoted to HC of FL.

man where are you people......in a meth house.

It was a sarcastic joke numb nuts.

oh and to add, I could careless that KA will not be in a hog uniform.  If the kid wanted to play for the hogs, he would be playing for the hogs.  Noticed I said if kid/he, not his posse.

Hawg Red

Quote from: tusked on April 22, 2015, 04:44:15 pm

you really think that I think, based on my post, that I seriously think that there is anyway in the world that the basketball version of 'jack crowe' would EVER get promoted to HC of FL.

Chill out. You're losing it. Not too late to calm down and step away for the day or something. Something obviously getting to you based multiple posts in multiple threads. Go ahead and send a PM plea to Lanny to do whatever, log out, and enjoy the rest of your day. Just my unsolicited advice.

Tusks

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 22, 2015, 04:50:03 pm
Chill out. You're losing it. Not too late to calm down and step away for the day or something. Something obviously getting to you based multiple posts in multiple threads. Go ahead and send a PM plea to Lanny to do whatever, log out, and enjoy the rest of your day. Just my unsolicited advice.

sometimes the bullies have to be stood up to.  there's nothing that needs chilled except a group of posters who will NOT be happy until MA is no longer the HC of the UA.

how do you chill a posters that says 'i didn't like NR style but put up with it'.  He won a fricken NC, I hate to tell you that a NC trumps EVERYTHING.  There is no 'ya but' if you win a NC.

Hogimus Prime

I hope Eddie Munster goes to OKC

Mick Hogger

Why would Donavon leave after just hiring Anthony Grant, when he could turn around and be fired by the new coach?  I just don't see him doing that. Would he take Grant and Pel to the NBA?
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mick Hogger on April 22, 2015, 07:21:29 pm
Why would Donavon leave after just hiring Anthony Grant, when he could turn around and be fired by the new coach?  I just don't see him doing that. Would he take Grant and Pel to the NBA?
of course. he is assembling his NBA staff. Obviously.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Mick Hogger on April 22, 2015, 07:21:29 pm

Because the OKC job wasn't open at that time. 

This an opportunity to coach if not the best than the second best player in the NBA.

And Billy Donovan has always said he is interested in the NBA.

GoHogs1091

Donovan's and Calipari's days of having a cake walk in the SEC are over now that Howland is in the SEC.

Donovan should go ahead and get out of the SEC, and Calipari should follow him.  As Howland stated in his introductory press conference, "Nobody is going to play harder than Mississippi State.  No one will be better prepared than our players and our team."

Danny J

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 22, 2015, 09:06:24 pm
Because the OKC job wasn't open at that time. 

This an opportunity to coach if not the best than the second best player in the NBA.

And Billy Donovan has always said he is interested in the NBA.
I will also add that coaching at UF can't be all that satisfying. I mean they could hardly halfway fill up that little dump of an arena coming off a final four season. I am shocked that Donovan hasn't at least bolted for a better college job.

Danny J

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on April 22, 2015, 09:49:01 pm
Donovan's and Calipari's days of having a cake walk in the SEC are over now that Howland is in the SEC.

Donovan should go ahead and get out of the SEC, and Calipari should follow him.  As Howland stated in his introductory press conference, "Nobody is going to play harder than Mississippi State.  No one will be better prepared than our players and our team."
IF he has any success at MSU, which I think is possible but not a foregone conclusion then he will bolt for his first legit job offer.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Danny J on April 22, 2015, 09:50:58 pm
I will also add that coaching at UF can't be all that satisfying. I mean they could hardly halfway fill up that little dump of an arena coming off a final four season. I am shocked that Donovan hasn't at least bolted for a better college job.

He does make that job. The next person will have a hard time living up to Billy shadow

jry04

Quote from: tusked on April 22, 2015, 04:44:15 pm

oh and to add, I could careless that KA will not be in a hog uniform.  If the kid wanted to play for the hogs, he would be playing for the hogs.  Noticed I said if kid/he, not his posse.
Hard to tell sarcasm on a message board. By the way, it is "I couldn't care less" not "could." You make yourself sound uneducated when you say "could."

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Danny J on April 22, 2015, 09:51:51 pm
IF he has any success at MSU, which I think is possible but not a foregone conclusion then he will bolt for his first legit job offer.

Well, there is a possibility that might happen.  If Coach Anderson becomes another Anthony Grant (only 1 NCAAT appearance in 6 seasons), then Howland might be Anderson's replacement (provided the UofA has the same basketball Head Coach results requirement/expectations as a basically football only school such as Alabama).

makiavelli

Wait is this real life? I cant tell. This is humor right?
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

hawgmasta

Quote from: makiavelli on April 23, 2015, 01:06:58 am

Yeah. . . Not sure if serious. .

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 23, 2015, 01:08:50 am
Yeah. . . Not sure if serious. .

Guy's this is GoHogs1091. He is dead serious. Sit back and be amazed at the wonder that is the legend...

You too will soon understand his worthiness...
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

HOGINTENNESSEE

He is serious and he also warned us about the Rodney Hood era at Miss St....... But we wouldn't listen

grayhawg

Need to add and hopefully the NCAA looks the other way.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: tusked on April 22, 2015, 04:21:48 pm

A fantasy.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jry04

He is dead serious.

MSU has been a top 5 SEC team, and final four contender every season since goHogs1091 has been on here. Every year he gives us a preview of MSU, and how good they are going to be.

I think Howland is a great hire, but I can say with certainty that they won't be any better than a bubble next team, even with Malik Newman. If Newman goes to UK, which is unexpected at this point, they will be a bottom 5 SEC team once again.

WooPig90

TNhawgfan

He's going to start guarding teams as soon as they get off the bus
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hawginbigd1

Quote from: WarPig88 on April 22, 2015, 02:37:24 pm
I swear you KA people are ridiculous. Seriously.

When Nolan first coached here there was a kid named Jimmy Oliver in Morrilton who was way better than KA. Oliver would sign with Purdue and play for the Celtics in the NBA. I think he may have even had a 30 point game for the Celtics once.

However, Nolan paid him little attention and I thought he was insane for it. Then I met some of Oliver's friends from Morrilton one day and asked them why Nolan had not gone after him since he was so good. They said he would have never made it in Nolan's system. Think about it 6'5" G/F with NBA talent.

They said he wasn't a bad kid but didn't have what it took to thrive in that style. They said it was between his ears.

I trust both the kid and our coach to be able to see when that is the case, which is more than likely the situation here as well.

Well since I was there, I will tell you that Nolan paid "No attention" to Jimmy. Not all his fault, Jimmy played Big man post up role most of the time. These friends of his were wrong and so was Nolan IMO, he would have been a very good 3rd guard/SF on his teams IMO. Same role he played for Keady and several NBA teams. I know some may balk at this, but he was Scotty Thurman only a half step quicker. He only played 3 years also, Scotty was probably a little more polished at the start, but Jimmy was better in the end. We missed on him, but it was understandable.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Bovada makes Billy Donovan a 11/10 favorite to be next OKC coach

That's some high odds

dhornjr1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 23, 2015, 12:29:51 pm
Bovada makes Billy Donovan a 11/10 favorite to be next OKC coach

That's some high odds

I don't know how Billy Donovan takes that job without a 100%, iron clad, bona fide guarantee that Durant and Westbrook will be re-signing.

And I doubt anybody will be getting that.

idochog

Billy can cash in on nba job then come back to Kentucky after the cal slime fest is over
I love Jesus!

WarPig88

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 22, 2015, 02:40:32 pm
Speaking of ridiculous, based on what??

Based on the FACTS.

Never had a losing season as a HC and has taken over 3 dumpster fires.

Taken 3 separate programs to wins in the tournament.

Just led us to our best season in 20 years.

If he thinks this program is fine without KA, then I ain't gonna sweat it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: WarPig88 on April 23, 2015, 04:34:49 pm
Based on the FACTS.

Never had a losing season as a HC and has taken over 3 dumpster fires.

Taken 3 separate programs to wins in the tournament.

Just led us to our best season in 20 years.

If he thinks this program is fine without KA, then I ain't gonna sweat it.

I'm talking about you saying KeVaughn doesn't have it between the ears.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  3h 3 hours ago
Yep @BovadaLV has already come up with odds re: OKC coaching job: Billy D favorite at 11-10, followed by Ollie at 9-4, Mark Jackson 13-2.

WarPig88

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 23, 2015, 04:40:07 pm
I'm talking about you saying KeVaughn doesn't have it between the ears.

I understand how that could make you angry. I didn't put it the best way I guess.

I do not believe KA is dumb at all anymore than I believed Jimmy Oliver was dumb at that time.

What I am saying is that both MA and KA may not line up in terms of personalities, philosophies, aggressiveness, etc in a way that would be beneficial for KA to become a Hog.

I certainly apologize if I made anyone feel like I was saying that KA was dumb.

rude1

Quote from: WarPig88 on April 23, 2015, 04:54:41 pm
I understand how that could make you angry. I didn't put it the best way I guess.

I do not believe KA is dumb at all anymore than I believed Jimmy Oliver was dumb at that time.

What I am saying is that both MA and KA may not line up in terms of personalities, philosophies, aggressiveness, etc in a way that would be beneficial for KA to become a Hog.

I certainly apologize if I made anyone feel like I was saying that KA was dumb.
It really isn't that complicated, KA made his mind up in advance that he was going to leave the state. Now his reasoning for that I can't tell you but it was known in the AAU circles when he first started garnering attention that his desire was to leave the state. It wouldn't matter who the coach was here, he wasn't coming. How much time as a head coach here do you spend on a kid who already has his plan in place on where he wants to play? If Donovan leaves Fl. KA might very well transfer, but it won't be here and it has nothing to do with him not being wanted.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  17h 17 hours ago

From college to NBA not easy coaching adjustment: Whether or not Florida coach Billy Donovan wants to scratch ... http://bit.ly/1PqjUwW

jbcarol

CollegeBasketbllTalk @CBTonNBC  ·  21h 21 hours ago

Report: Kevin Ollie has removed his name from consideration for Thunder job http://wp.me/p1aWjM-2d9S

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN  ·  17h 17 hours ago

Almost everyone I have spoken to close to Billy Donovan believes he will take the OKC job -- if/when it's offered.

Donovan: Also understand this could come down to family decision. Does wife want to go to OKC, son is h.s. senior, has younger daughter.

The_Bionic_Pig

Sportscaster here believe Eddie Monster is gone.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on April 26, 2015, 09:12:45 pm
Sportscaster here believe Eddie Monster is gone.

Unless he believes/knows that Durant wants out of OKC, I can't believe Ollie turned down that job.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on April 26, 2015, 09:15:12 pm
Unless he believes/knows that Durant wants out of OKC, I can't believe Ollie turned down that job.

I could potentially agree with that but perhaps he's not worried about Durant but someone or something else or maybe he does know Durant's wishes.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi