Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Network- Watch ESPN

Started by rhog1, March 31, 2014, 03:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

Watch espn app seems to be working for Dish network. I clicked on the app and I was automatically signed in to dish. Glad to finally have a legal way to watch espn 3.

TDHawgs

Dish isn't listed as a selection still on the web page though.

rhog1

Quote from: TDHawgs on March 31, 2014, 06:45:04 pm
I am on the app. I didn't have to choose a provider I just clicked on watch espn and was automatically signed in.

RazorBassin

Quote from: TDHawgs on March 31, 2014, 06:45:04 pm

I get the same thing when I click on the app.  Still no option for Dish.

rhog1

I found a work around for if the website wont recognize you are on DISH. Go to http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/ page and sign in with DISH there. ESPN will then automatically read that you are on Dish and sign you in. I don't know why it works but I just tried it and it does. The NBC sports app also works if the watch ESPN app wont automatically log you in.

jabber71

I just tried it on my s4 and it listed Dish as tv provider once I logged in it worked great. Plus Dish has already locked in the SEC network WPS  :razorback:

I don't work for dish but if your interested in signing up for the Hopper pm me and I tell you how I got a Ipad, + $50 referral credit on my bill + $200 prepaid debit card.

I will give you a referral code to get $50 off your 1st bill, plus I have a code that will get you a $200 prepaid debit card. The debit card offer is good through May.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

rhog1

http://abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/pr65026.html
Here is the press release for all of the apps including watch espn that Dish customers have access to starting today.

Capt. Hamm

I just tried it on my ROKU. It works! ESPN3, finally!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Was trying to find out if there would be an SEC Network App or Watch SEC type app

As far as I can tell there is no stand alone app, but it appears it will be part of the Watch ESPN app.  I went to Watch ESPN on my iphone and got a message that if I wanted SEC Network content I would have to update the app which I did.  Right now SEC Network is not showing up on the app but I'm assuming that's because the Channel has not officially launched yet so there would be no content right now.  Once the channel launches it should show up with the SEC Network content available.  The soccer game today will just be live look-ins on the actual channel but the entire game will stream live on the digital platforms including the app.

Hope this helps if anyone was wondering.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jamie Jones

I don't have the Watch ESPN app anymore because Direct TV doesn't support it. Or at least it didn't when I moved.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

HogInFlorida

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/08/sec-network-and-sec-network-now-available-on-watchespn/

I'm glad they got a deal but DirecTV's stubbornness in denying access to the app is pretty freaking annoying.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

GuvHog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 14, 2014, 12:08:24 pm
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/08/sec-network-and-sec-network-now-available-on-watchespn/

I'm glad they got a deal but DirecTV's stubbornness in denying access to the app is pretty freaking annoying.

They are supposed to have a deal worked out by the 1st game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogInFlorida

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2014, 12:11:36 pm
They are supposed to have a deal worked out by the 1st game.

The deal is done. The app isn't a part of it.
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

GuvHog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 14, 2014, 12:12:22 pm
The deal is done. The app isn't a part of it.

According to an Article posted recently the SECTV-DirectV deal is done but they are still working on a deal for WatchESPN.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HogInFlorida

Quote from: GuvHog on August 14, 2014, 12:25:06 pm
According to an Article posted recently the SECTV-DirectV deal is done but they are still working on a deal for WatchESPN.

Oh okay. I hope they get one. I'm not optimistic

SPAL

So. On August 30th, if i wanna watch the hogs game through the SEC network, i can do it through watch ESPN on my phone?

WILL CLINTON

I don't understand what the big deal is about this. If you have internet through a cable company, ATT, google fiber, verizon fios, etc. you already have access to WatchESPN.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This thread was started a good hour earlier, but I understand some people have to start their own threads.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=571881.0
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Kevin

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 14, 2014, 02:15:19 pm
I don't understand what the big deal is about this. If you have internet through a cable company, ATT, google fiber, verizon fios, etc. you already have access to WatchESPN.

no you don't. if you have time warner internet but not tv, then the app does not work. i called them, they said you have to have the tv.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on August 14, 2014, 01:13:26 pm
So. On August 30th, if i wanna watch the hogs game through the SEC network, i can do it through watch ESPN on my phone?

You are correct.

MrKnowItAll

WatchESPN will carry a live simulcast of SEC Network as well as on-demand coverage of more than 550 digital-exclusive sporting events in its first year. The August schedule of SEC Network + live and exclusive events can be found here.

Current affiliated providers for authenticated access to SEC Network and SEC Network + on WatchESPN include AT&T U-verse, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DISH, Google Fiber, Suddenlink, NCTC, NRTC and NTTC. NCTC and NTTC will have access when member companies launch the WatchESPN app later in the month.

With the addition of SEC Network and SEC Network +, WatchESPN is now the live streaming home for 10 ESPN networks, including ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater/Bases Loaded, ESPN Deportes, ESPNEWS, Longhorn Network and ESPN3.

motownhog

I have my app through Time Warner and im not seeing it on the stream list.  :'(
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

TX HOG

So the watch espn app/direct tv combo are a no go?

Mick Hogger

Never mind. Forgot we were talking about the app.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Kevin

really disappointed in directv. just talked to them and they basically said sorry, but there is nothing we can do.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Quote from: TX HOG on August 14, 2014, 03:19:15 pm
So the watch espn app/direct tv combo are a no go?

that is correct

motownhog

I just checked the Watch ESPN app on my phone and it listed SEC Network and SEC Network+ on the channels. I have Time Warner and hope I can watch it all.
I'm a grandson of the southland boys, an heir to the confederacy

HogInFlorida

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 14, 2014, 02:15:19 pm

That's incorrect. It's based on your TV provider, not your internet provider.

KCHOGFAN

I downloaded the update to the WatchESPN app.  I have TWC as well.  When you open the updated app it asks you to select your provider and then requests userid and password.  After all of that when you try to select the SEC Network it says it's not available for Time Warner subscribers. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: Kevin on August 14, 2014, 02:18:31 pm
no you don't. if you have time warner internet but not tv, then the app does not work. i called them, they said you have to have the tv.
has anyone found a workaround for this,  cause that is the situation I'm in.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

KCHOGFAN

Quote from: Kevin on August 14, 2014, 02:18:31 pm
I have both Time Warner TV and Internet and I still get the pop up message "Time Warner Cable subscribers are currently not able to access the SEC Network on WatchESPN" when I try to open the SEC Network. 

Kevin

GlassofSwine

Quote from: KCHOGFAN on August 14, 2014, 06:33:29 pm
I have both Time Warner TV and Internet and I still get the pop up message "Time Warner Cable subscribers are currently not able to access the SEC Network on WatchESPN" when I try to open the SEC Network.

Currently Time Warner only has a deal for TV not to stream online content. Funny how they didn't mention that, they are claimed to still be in negotiations to get access to streaming content for subscribers.

PorkSoda

Quote from: GlassofSwine on August 14, 2014, 07:29:02 pm
  Currently Time Warner only has a deal for TV not to stream online content. Funny how they didn't mention that, they are claimed to still be in negotiations to get access to streaming content for subscribers.
well they better get it done, its almost football season.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: HogInFlorida on August 14, 2014, 04:24:25 pm
That's incorrect. It's based on your TV provider, not your internet provider.

don't know how i missed "app".

Although I do know that if you have ATT uverse internet only, you still can use the app.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I have DirecTV and Centurylink.  Neither offer access to WatchESPN.

A-holes.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hoghevn

I live in Tulsa, I have Cox Cable & Internet and ordered the SEC network added to my cable.  The Cox rep told me to be sure and download the SEC App on my phone using my Cox Internet Username & password.  He said just go to the App store on my phone and make sure I get it because it's part of the deal.  The SEC Network comes with 4 other sports packages and only cost me an extra $10 a month along with the App.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

fishes2000

The watch espn app is working on my phone and ipad with Comcast. The one I haven't been able to get to work yet is on the apple tv. But I was able to airplay from ipad to apple tv so at least that is working.

IUHog

Will SECN games be streamed on ESPNgo/ESPN3?

rhog1

They are streamed on a separate part of watchespn or espn3 known as secnetwork and secnetwork+.  It is under the channel listing in the menu in the app and in the network drop-down on the pc page.

MCHogger

Does anybody know if you will be able to watch the game tomorrow on the watch ESPN app?  It's not an ESPN3 game, but will they stream SEC Network?

rhog1

Yes. If you get the channel in your TV package you can stream it on watchespn,  unless  you are a DirecTV customer then you can't stream it.

MCHogger

jbcarol

Some State fans are looking this up right now.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DallasHogFan

I'll be driving to east Tx for a wedding after my sons football game next Saturday morning, so Ill probably miss the first half.  I seem to remember streaming a CBS game a few years back to my phone. If I can convince the ole lady to drive the last hour of the trip, anyone know if CBS offers this off their site? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

redeye

Seems like CBS doesn't usually offer much unless you pay for it.  U-verse has an app for watching live TV and I'll guess that most other cable companies offer something similar.

14erHog

We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer.
Zakk Wylde

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan

DallasHogFan

Quote from: 14erHog on September 21, 2014, 07:15:46 pm
you can watch on cbssports.com  for free.

+1 I just downloaded the app as well. Hopefully I can get 4G way out in the sticks. Thanks!
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Hoggish1

Quote from: DallasHogFan on September 21, 2014, 06:08:42 pm
I'll be driving to east Tx for a wedding after my sons football game next Saturday morning, so Ill probably miss the first half.  I seem to remember streaming a CBS game a few years back to my phone. If I can convince the ole lady to drive the last hour of the trip, anyone know if CBS offers this off their site? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CBS offers:  How   do  you  do and  Oh   my, and   My   goodness... but no streaming.

Catfish Joe

If that doesn't work, PM me or another link to watch all sporting events for free.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football."

-John Heisman-