Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This years sec schedule. WTH?

Started by Hogfaniam, January 06, 2013, 02:04:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

Did tamu and mizzou f up the traditional 2 vs div 1 vs the east rotation?  And is this a one time thing?

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Hooch

There are no divisions.  Its been discussed over and over.

Hogfaniam

Definitely missed the discussion.  How far back do I look?

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

yraciv

Hogfaniam

Quote from: yraciv on January 06, 2013, 07:50:04 pm
He must have not been around last season. Although we did use the prior scheduling format.

I was around, just missed the elimination of divisions part, since nothing really changed schedule wise during the season.

This new scheduling sucks, from a travel stand point.

Kevin

I think this schedule will lead th less teams getting in the tournament.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Kevin on January 06, 2013, 09:35:05 pm
I think this schedule will lead th less teams getting in the tournament.

It looks like there is not going to be very many Teams from the SEC get into the Tournament anyway.  I noticed the following article that was posted over on the SEC Forum.

"Dean saw as few as three SEC teams receiving bids to the NCAA Tournament: Florida, Missouri and Kentucky. Dykes added Tennessee, but said, "Four of 14 is not very good."

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/05/2466068/sec-basketball-bottoming-out-analyst.html

hogsanity

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 06, 2013, 09:42:02 pm
It looks like there is not going to be very many Teams from the SEC get into the Tournament anyway.  I noticed the following article that was posted over on the SEC Forum.

"Dean saw as few as three SEC teams receiving bids to the NCAA Tournament: Florida, Missouri and Kentucky. Dykes added Tennessee, but said, "Four of 14 is not very good."

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/01/05/2466068/sec-basketball-bottoming-out-analyst.html

If you can't get enough wins playing in this pathetic league then your team is not very good.  And ofcourse the Hogs mamaged to draw FLA TWICE.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

3kgthog

Playing the better teams twice gives Mike's Midgets two chances to pick up NCAAT resume wins. If they choke, they have no one to blame but themselves. Opportunity is knocking. Answer the door.

Hogfaniam

I'm guessing they rotate around each year, so everyone plays each team twice eventually.