Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disney Cruise or Disney World?

Started by T-hawg, July 14, 2006, 02:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you rather take your family on?

Disney Cruise
Disney World
Stay home and save money

T-hawg

Personally, I don't want to go to either. But my wife insist that we go this Christmas. I've heard a lot of good things about the cruise. I went to DW for my honeymoon back in '95 and it was ok, but one thing I hate more than anything is standing in line for something. I hate lines!!

Your thoughts?
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

I choose Vegas!!!!!

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

hogsgrl09

Quote from: T-hawg on July 14, 2006, 02:32:15 pm
Personally, I don't want to go to either. But my wife insist that we go this Christmas. I've heard a lot of good things about the cruise. I went to DW for my honeymoon back in '95 and it was ok, but one thing I hate more than anything is standing in line for something. I hate lines!!

Your thoughts?

i went a couple of years ago and we bought these quick pass things that really werent very expensive and just lets you get at the front of the lines....we at most waited about 10 minutes for a ride with them...
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

dmhog v2.0

I can't wait to go back to Disney World. I'm a kid at heart, so maybe that's why.

Cornhogio

Your thoughts?

We did the Disney Cruise in '03.  It was fantastic.  My daughter had an absolute blast.  At the time, they had a sports bar called ESPN Skybox.  It was on the top deck of the ship, and had a big screen tv that they piped ESPN to.  Had hot dogs, hamburgers, and nachos constantly going.  I spent a lot of time up there.  :)

Another thing:  I know that Disney does freshwater pools, while the other major cruise lines use saltwater. 

You pay for the Disney touch, but I think it's worth it.  The food, the service, the shows, all top notch. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

RazorBrad

Ive never been on a Disney Cruise, but I have been to DW 14 times and will be going again in Oct of this year. If you can wait to go a couple weeks after Christmas you will not be disapointed. I go the second week of January every year and there is hardly anyone in the parks. The longest line we waited in this year was for Soarin and it was abojut twenty minutes. Alot of the rides there is no wait at all on. We even rode Splash MTN 5 times without getting off.

And as for the tickets that you use to go to the front of the line are called fast passes and they are free. You put your park ticket into the machine and they dispense a fast pass that you can use a a later time in the day, usually an hour or so later.

Lando Calrissian

Your thoughts?

How old are the kids you will be taking along?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

T-hawg

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on July 17, 2006, 03:07:55 am

Your thoughts?

How old are the kids you will be taking along?

9year old boy and 7year old girl. I know they will have a blast at either, and maybe I'm a little selfish for not wanting to go, but I really hate standing in line for and hour and the ride takes 15 seconds to execute beginning to end.
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

Cornhogio

If you decide to go on the cruise, they will love it, and you probably will too. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

LSUFan

Make reservations now or you'll have to wait for next year.

MrCouch

I've heard that the Cruises are amazing..

I've been to Disney World 3 times in the last year.. My wife is a Disney Fanatic. We always stay on Disney Property and that makes it nice.. You can take the buses to Downtown Disney, MGM Studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and all of the water parks. Not to mention that you've got the pools, wet bars, it's pretty enjoyable..

We stayed at the Contemporary just a few weeks ago for our Anniversary.. I highly recommend this one just for the fact that it's inside the Magic Kingdoms property and you can ride the Monorail train to other the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

It's up to You, but Disney is really a lot more Adult oriented than it was when we were all kids. Their is a beer stand on almost every corner, you can have wine and drinks at every restaurant.. Really good time.

RazorBrad

Quote from: MrCouch on September 04, 2006, 03:57:01 pm
I've heard that the Cruises are amazing..

I've been to Disney World 3 times in the last year.. My wife is a Disney Fanatic. We always stay on Disney Property and that makes it nice.. You can take the buses to Downtown Disney, MGM Studios, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and all of the water parks. Not to mention that you've got the pools, wet bars, it's pretty enjoyable..

We stayed at the Contemporary just a few weeks ago for our Anniversary.. I highly recommend this one just for the fact that it's inside the Magic Kingdoms property and you can ride the Monorail train to other the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

It's up to You, but Disney is really a lot more Adult oriented than it was when we were all kids. Their is a beer stand on almost every corner, you can have wine and drinks at every restaurant.. Really good time.
every restaurant except at the Magic Kingdom, no alcohol there. They did that cause Walt didnt allow it. Since he wasnt alive when the other parks opened they sell drinks there.

hogsgrl09

take your own drinks if u ever go to disney world. They had the nastiest water and soft drinks EVER!!
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 07, 2006, 04:24:34 pm
take your own drinks if u ever go to disney world. They had the nastiest water and soft drinks EVER!!

For the price of a soft drink you would think it should taste better.

hogsgrl09

Quote from: bigrod155 on September 07, 2006, 04:27:56 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on September 07, 2006, 04:24:34 pm

For the price of a soft drink you would think it should taste better.

amen. i almost got sick they were so nasty. i guess its just like the water that they make them with down there or something. idk. puke*

go hogues

I lived in Orlando last year and we wanted to check out what DW was like around Christmas vs. summer months and it was just as crowded.  Orlando can get QUITE cold, believe it or not, around that time of year and it also rains a lot.  I would do the cruise, but DW any other time is second to none.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />