Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jellystone Parks/Campgrounds

Started by maniax22bolts20, May 29, 2006, 09:12:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maniax22bolts20

Have any of you stayed in one ? It's been YEARS for me. The closest two that I know of are near Six Flags SW of St. Louis and Nashville,TN. Maybe I'm confused but I seem to remember one in either the Hot Springs or Benton/Bryant area maybe 25 years ago.

rzrbkfn2000

There used to be one on the outskirts of Rogers, heading toward Horseshoe Bend on Beaver Lake. Closed quite a few years ago, but I think they still keep the waterslide running thru the summer months.

maniax22bolts20

thanks. theres one... I thought there used to be 3 or more in AR but maybe not.

hawgdaddy306

There was definately one in the Bryant area 25 yers or so ago.
  Damn Im getting old.
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

Atreyu

Jellystone Park is real? I thought it was the park off of Yogi Bear.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

fowlthing

stayed in one outside Gatlingburg, was excellent, the was top notch, and our site was right on the creek

noprayerfornutt

I used to live not too far from the one in the Bryant area.  It seemed like a pretty cool place.  Nice quaint campground.  I never understood why they git rid of it.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: noprayerfornutt on July 28, 2006, 10:13:20 pm
I used to live not too far from the one in the Bryant area.  It seemed like a pretty cool place.  Nice quaint campground.  I never understood why they git rid of it.
Was it off AR Hwy 5 or 183 or elsewhere off I-30 ? I couldn't have been older 8-10 when I went to that Jellystone with my dads parents I'm guessing between 1979 and 82 or 83. I remember we ate at The Kings Table in SWLR on the way there. they died in 1996 and 2002.

noprayerfornutt

Yes, it was off HWY5 not too far from where Landers is. Probably not a good idea to use Landers as a reference since there are so many in that area.  There is an apartment complex next door to where it used to be now as well.