Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where are you spending your summer vacation?

Started by go hogues, May 22, 2006, 02:45:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

Quote from: go hogues on May 22, 2006, 02:45:38 pm
Im going rafting down the Grand Canyon portion of the Colorado river.
It was a great trip and I recommend it to anyone who ever thinks it a possibility.  I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer vacations!
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

arkiehawg

Quote from: V. V. Hawg on May 23, 2006, 01:07:37 am
We are going to Destin again this year.  Last year, the kids loved the beach and Big Kahunas water park.  The only thing we didn't like was we were at the same beach where the 14 yr old girl was attacked by a shark and died.  My daughter was 14 at the time and she was scared for a little while.  3 weeks later we watched the story about it on tv, that was tooooo fast for tv!

To all that are planning vacation in the Panhandle of Florida, please give me a PM.  I live there between Destin and PCB.  I'll be happy to help you find good rates on rentals (good connections) and let you know what's happening in the area during your stay......

Life's great living in Paradise..... 8)

arkiehawg

We are going to Destin again this year.  Last year, the kids loved the beach and Big Kahunas water park.  The only thing we didn't like was we were at the same beach where the 14 yr old girl was attacked by a shark and died.  My daughter was 14 at the time and she was scared for a little while.  3 weeks later we watched the story about it on tv, that was tooooo fast for tv!

That was a very sad situation and a true anomoly.....The area that you are talking about now has lifeguards. Walton County (Sandestin area) and Destin have several lifeguard stations now. 

Bottom line, don't wade out past the first sand bar and don't swim in the dawn/dusk times.......big critters in the water.  I have a 15y/o daughter that surfs the area very close to that tragidy and I'm comfortable with her safety, however, know that it is the ocean and one must also be cautious.....

Safe vacations to all..... 8)

bigyellowdog

Quote from: arkiehawg on July 13, 2006, 10:42:18 pm

To all that are planning vacation in the Panhandle of Florida, please give me a PM.  I live there between Destin and PCB.  I'll be happy to help you find good rates on rentals (good connections) and let you know what's happening in the area during your stay......

Life's great living in Paradise..... 8)

Arkie, I envy you.  One of my favorite vacation spots is St George Island.

Burnt Orange Sucks

I'm spending my summer vacation in the back yard with a tennis racket for the Japanese beetles and a pitchfork for the moles!!

Jealous aren't ya'?
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

noprayerfornutt

I've been fighting the Japanese Beatles for the past two weeks.  I may have finally exterminated most of them.  Of course, this is after they have wrecked 2 trees and 3 plants in my backyard.  No moles so far. 

Mr. Hogback075

Quote from: noprayerfornutt on July 24, 2006, 08:22:40 pm
I've been fighting the Japanese Beatles for the past two weeks.  I may have finally exterminated most of them.  Of course, this is after they have wrecked 2 trees and 3 plants in my backyard.  No moles so far. 
is it me or have they gotton twice as bad each year for the last couple of years.  i don't remember these bugs from when i was a kid.  have they just migrated or something?

qakhed

winters usually kill them off, or at least keep them managable. Lack of winter this last year, has made all the bugs bad this year. More ticks, chiggers, mosquitos, etc...
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

qakhed

I have a vacation question. We are going to San Antonio for a week. I am wanting to take the boys to the beach one day. Where would you all suggest? I have been to Padre and Corpus (years ago), I just don't know where to take them with it being just a day trip. Would it be worth the drive for padre? Or, is corpus just as good with less of a drive?
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: Mr. Hogback075 on July 24, 2006, 11:17:22 pm
Quote from: noprayerfornutt on July 24, 2006, 08:22:40 pm
is it me or have they gotton twice as bad each year for the last couple of years.  i don't remember these bugs from when i was a kid.  have they just migrated or something?
They actually arrived in New York and over the past few years have moved down south, my brother lives in the Big Apple and they have dealt with 'em in Queens for about 8 or 9 years.
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

noprayerfornutt

The Japanese Beetles are back.  I had gotten rid of them last week.  I called Chemlawn (I have a contract with them) and chewed them out last Friday as well.  They sent someone out on Tuesday and supposedly he sprayed everything.  The bugs were back as of Friday.  I spent all frickin' afternoon today spraying the little devils.  Needless to say, I'll be calling Chemlawn to bitch again tommorrow morning.

SpareRib

Was headed from Memphis to Lake Tahoe, but ran out of gas in Forrest City and had to come home.

Pork Out

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: noprayerfornutt on July 30, 2006, 06:51:08 pm
The Japanese Beetles are back.  I had gotten rid of them last week.  I called Chemlawn (I have a contract with them) and chewed them out last Friday as well.  They sent someone out on Tuesday and supposedly he sprayed everything.  The bugs were back as of Friday.  I spent all frickin' afternoon today spraying the little devils.  Needless to say, I'll be calling Chemlawn to bitch again tommorrow morning.
I just LOOOOOOVE Chemlawn... :puke:

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: Porkaholic on August 09, 2006, 06:11:06 pm
Was headed from Memphis to Lake Tahoe, but ran out of gas in Forrest City and had to come home.

Pork Out

Hate to hear that man!!

hogsgrl09

just got back from Niagara Falls, Cananda. BEAUTIFUL!! and the scenery on the drive wasnt half bad either.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

HognotinMemphis

Was in Telluride, Co from 8/1 thru 8/6. Prettiest town and mountainous area I've ever seen. Beat the heat here. It never got above 68 out there and every day back here it was over 100.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

sandtyme

August 17, 2006, 03:47:53 pm #66 Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 03:49:58 pm by sandtyme
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on August 14, 2006, 08:07:17 pm

just got back from Niagara Falls, Cananda. BEAUTIFUL!! and the scenery on the drive wasnt half bad either.
You were in Niagara Falls and didn't let me know?   :(  That's only 2 hours from me.  I hope you had a great time!

hogsgrl09

Quote from: sandtyme on August 17, 2006, 03:47:53 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on August 14, 2006, 08:07:17 pm

You were in Niagara Falls and didn't let me know?   :(  That's only 2 hours from me.  I hope you had a great time!

haha. sorry. yeah it was soo much fun! but it was weird...there was mainly arabs and Indians (india) there.
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."