Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Team is Worse: Bielema's First or This Team?

Started by moses_007, November 21, 2017, 11:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

This team is far worse.  Not good in any aspect of the game.  Awful offensive line.  Weak defensive line that can't rush the passer.  Weak running backs and quarterbacks.  Wide receivers that can't get open or catch the ball.  Secondary so weak they can't break up a pass.  Bad special teams.  I don't see any bright spot on this year's team.  Can you name one?

At least his first team that went 0-8 in the SEC competed well is most every game and didn't get blown out like this year's team has.

I haven't seen a team this bad since the early 90s.

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

moses_007

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 22, 2017, 12:02:44 am
This team. First year team played hard. This team looks disinterested half the time.
They do and they appear to just give up when they get so tired.

hoglady

Quote from: moses_007 on November 22, 2017, 12:04:33 am
They do and they appear to just give up when they get so tired.

Exception being Ms. St. game - I thought they played to the final whistle in that one.
Didn't give up on themselves and played hard.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Potosihog

Quote from: hoglady on November 22, 2017, 06:32:25 am
Exception being Ms. St. game - I thought they played to the final whistle in that one.
Didn't give up on themselves and played hard.

Played hard until we went for it on 4th down and turned the ball over on downs.   Then we looked just like we did in all the other games.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rljjr

Quote from: moses_007 on November 21, 2017, 11:57:23 pm
I don't see any bright spot on this year's team.  Can you name one?

I see lots of bright spots, but it's pointless to tell you about them because you won't buy it anyway.

TDHawgs

This years team, but look on the bright side.. Bielema said we are getting close.. close to what I have no idea, but whatever it is, this team is close to it.

Hoggie17

This team.  I have been a fan for years, the last five years have been the worst.  In the early 90's we were bad but we had just joined the SEC and Hatfield had quit and even then Ford went to the SEC championship game.

hawg1221

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 22, 2017, 12:02:44 am
This team. First year team played hard. This team looks disinterested half the time.

You nailed it. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hassettsportsman

There are some solid gold nuggets on defense....Agim is a beast and could start for any team in the country.

Hoggish1

The simple fact that we are four years removed from his first team says it all.  I mean, it looks like we'll end up 4-8 (one more win than the team had in year one?).  Please! 

swinestein

His first team was bad but could have won more games if he would have geared the offense/defense to the talent instead of trying to run a smash mouth offense with kids who weren't recruited and geared for that. They were not his recruits so he had a (bad) excuse. That's when I began to realize early on, that he didn't have the football acumen to win. With this team he has NO excuse. I don't for a second think he would do better next year. To me they look like a team that has been babied. Weakness and exhaustion makes cowards of men. They need someone to work their butts off and turn them into a bunch of s--t-kicking SOB's that take names and kick a$$. They need to be turned into Marines! They need to be turned into a team that will smash any other team's mouth in if they dare take on their buddies. 

Großer Kriegschwein

At least the '13 team could run the ball well against top notch teams.

This is my non-signature signature.

Bkhardicars

This team appears to have a whole lot of "quit" in them.

ThisTeetsTaken

His first team was a bowl team that he coached down to 3-9. This years team should have been an 8 or 9 win team that he completely coached out of a bowl game. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

MJ2

I'm going to give some good old Hog double speak here-    individually, the team may be better with plenty of unused talent.    As a group and as used, this is likely the worst in my decades of watching the Hogs but purely from a lack of coaching standpoint.