Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good, Creative Play Caller & a Player Developer

Started by razorjon, November 21, 2017, 11:35:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjon

A Good, Creative Play Caller & a Player Developer—  that is what we need in a coach, even over big name, possibly all-around better coaches.  This will maximize our potential in terms of what we have to work with recruiting wise.

We also need no more cliche spouters or "prayerful" coaches that speak in inane platitudes, i.e. Butch Jones, Nutt, Bielema, etc.  People that use religion or catch phrases to cover that they don't know anything are really sad.

Who would be an ideal coach for the above criteria of subject line?
"Starve the studs." — Chad Morris

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

razorjon

hawaiianhogster

I like the way coaches speak up for the team. They seem to know what to say to get them fired up. They can be as religious as they want to. That doesn't bother me at all.

What bothers me is the lack of leadership among the players. Horrible play calling on all sides of the ball. Missed opportunities and penalties that keep them at bay. Poor decisions by both the coaches and players. Dropped balls. Bad passes when it counts the most to win or lose. No tackling, no blocking, no coverage. Etc............

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: razorjon on November 21, 2017, 11:49:47 pm
remember when Bert made fun of Texas High School coaches lol

Yeah. That was pretty stupid.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawaiianhogster

The thing I don't like the most is the inability to improve as the season comes to an end.

I've seen LSU and Michigan get off to horrible starts then end up winning their bowl game. Now that is what I want to see at Arkansas. Minus the poor start of course.

razorjon

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on November 21, 2017, 11:50:46 pm
I like the way coaches speak up for the team. They seem to know what to say to get them fired up. They can be as religious as they want to. That doesn't bother me at all.

Talking more about the coach at after game pressers after cupcake losses or on twitter when they are embattled...