Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anything special coming out for Friday? (Like Nutt's final game?)

Started by mj4president, November 21, 2017, 08:21:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

Like when Houston and company brought out the baseball bats? Heard it was very easy going, and coaches let players let it all hang out.

Players reporting anything?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

grayhawg

A lot of these kids really like CBB, this farewell game could turn into a good one, or go South but I bet you see some good effort by our kids.

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 21, 2017, 08:29:38 pm
Coming out of the tunnel linking arms with CBB.

This would melt Hogville. I hope like hell it happens.

SquidBilly

November 22, 2017, 05:04:26 am #8 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:30:19 am by Bret Squealema
One thing you won't see is CBB getting carried off the field by the players if we manage to win.

RideTillIDieHawg

HotlantaHog

I am no fan but Houston Nutt knew how to get players pumped for a big game. If CBB did too, we would have a few more victories.

bphi11ips

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 22, 2017, 07:09:29 am
I am no fan but Houston Nutt knew how to get players pumped for a big game. If CBB did too, we would have a few more victories.

McFadden, Jones and Hillis would be nice.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Quote from: grayhawg on November 21, 2017, 08:50:14 pm
A lot of these kids really like CBB, this farewell game could turn into a good one, or go South but I bet you see some good effort by our kids.

It's also Senior Day, and for whatever reason, these teams don't like each other.  May be a more natural rivaly than we thought.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 07:43:01 am
It's also Senior Day, and for whatever reason, these teams don't like each other.  May be a more natural rivaly than we thought.
Mizzou LB Eric "Weasel" Biesel has helped push this rivalry far beyond where it should've been at this point. I want the hogs to crush mizzou just because of him
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 07:43:01 am

Give it a decade and it'll be more of a rivalry for us than LSU.  Add basketball and baseball to the mix and I think it'll turn in to something.

bphi11ips

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 22, 2017, 08:31:14 am
Give it a decade and it'll be more of a rivalry for us than LSU.  Add basketball and baseball to the mix and I think it'll turn in to something.

I agree.  If SEC reshuffles the deck and puts Missouri and Arkansas in the same division in football it will really heat up.  It's time to trade Auburn for Missouri.  Tennessee/Alabama isn't significant anymore.   

jgphillips3

I'm beginning to think we may see an inspired, leave it on the field effort from both sides of the ball.  We may do to Missouri what Missouri did to us last year.  Missouri should shred us, but with Senior day, it being Bret's last game, nothing to lose and remembering that Missouri started this slide into the abyss, I suspect we'll see a good effort put forth.

jgphillips3

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 22, 2017, 09:20:36 am
I agree.  If SEC reshuffles the deck and puts Missouri and Arkansas in the same division in football it will really heat up.  It's time to trade Auburn for Missouri.  Tennessee/Alabama isn't significant anymore.   

Is Tennessee/anybody significant anymore? ;)

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

MJ2

Could have a giant good bye card for the crowd to sign.   Will the movers be working at his house during the game?

RideTillIDieHawg

I think it will be a special send off - we'll be up at halftime and then quit / roll over and get our ass beat, sending Bert off in the style that defined him here.

Sooiepride

Quote from: mj4president on November 21, 2017, 08:21:49 pm
Like when Houston and company brought out the baseball bats? Heard it was very easy going, and coaches let players let it all hang out.

Players reporting anything?

Every offensive play will be the Steamboat package.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

RebelliousHog

The players may play like banshees, but if the block, cover, and tackle like they have all year, it won't be enough.

Before anyone piles on me for being negative, if this kind of effort has always been there, why haven't we seen it before?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

moses_007

Bielema will finally wear a heavy coat instead of a windbreaker.