Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The AD Search committee...

Started by duckman, November 21, 2017, 07:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:42:25 pm
I doubt there are too many AD's these days walking into a HC's office and chewing his ass out.

Maybe not. But one thing Broyles understood and understood well, was winning. Chewing ass may be a strong word these days, but allowing the same darn to happen week after week and season after season has got to end.

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

hog.goblin

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 08:48:20 pm
Maybe, but his comment about chewing arse was in response to Rice's comment the BOT hiring a coach, not an AD.

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2017, 08:40:02 pm
No, I didn't say that. Not sure it is even their job. I just hope we wind up with someone who will not hesitate to march in the coaches' office and chew his ass out if he is underperforming. We need a boss and not a facilitator.

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:38:55 pm
Easily, the GOBN will tell them who to hire, next question?

We will see....

26.2Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:48:28 pm
Nope, I wouldn't go that far. I'd hate to put out their names and leave someone off, I've got children.......

Oh please.  If you have names, let's see them.  Otherwise you are proving you have nothing.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:55:02 pm
Oh please.  If you have names, let's see them.  Otherwise you are proving you have nothing.

that's not how it works.  that's not how any of this works.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 21, 2017, 08:49:38 pm

That could have also meant a HC chewing on an assistant, which has been a common complaint of BB...accurate or not.  He may very well have been talking abut an AD, but his statement was in response to a statement about a coach, not AD.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 08:51:43 pm
We will see....

So, you think they are going to pay the buyouts and sit quietly?

Scott7703

This is simple. The money is making both the coach and AD hire.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 21, 2017, 09:00:42 pm
This is simple. The money is making both the coach and AD hire.

They are replacing Frank Broyles, not Jeff Long.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:55:02 pm

Go read the program guide for the BMP donors, you'll find them, or their companies listed on it.

26.2Hog

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 21, 2017, 08:57:56 pm
that's not how it works.  that's not how any of this works.

Not original. Try something you haven't plagiarized.

26.2Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 09:03:10 pm
Go read the program guide for the BMP donors, you'll find them, or their companies listed on it.

I knew you wouldn't post a few names of the GOBN.  Are ALL of those listed in the program guide GOBN donors?  Naw.  If you know the names, tell us.  If you don't know the names, keep not telling us.

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:58:24 pm
So, you think they are going to pay the buyouts and sit quietly?

Nope, but does everyone with money involved want the same thing? 

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 21, 2017, 08:43:52 pm
If the GOBN is real and in charge I hope it's Smokey and the Bandit style. At least that's the way I imagine it in my head; a bunch of fat rich cigar smoking Ricky Rays and Bobby Joe's. Making terrible drunken over indulged gout flaring decisions.

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 09:11:31 pm

Nope, and you know that, they never do. Some will have to swallow their pride and go along. The best thing Long did was he didn't listen to them, pissed them off, but didn't listen to them. Most say that's what got him in the end.

PonderinHog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 09:04:19 pm
He unfriends you.

LZH

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 08:58:12 pm
That could have also meant a HC chewing on an assistant, which has been a common complaint of BB...accurate or not.  He may very well have been talking abut an AD, but his statement was in response to a statement about a coach, not AD.

Just to be clear, I was referring to an A.D. But I am in favor of head coaches chewing assistants out too! ;)

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 09:14:45 pm
Nope, and you know that, they never do. Some will have to swallow their pride and go along. The best thing Long did was he didn't listen to them, pissed them off, but didn't listen to them. Most say that's what got him in the end.

My point exactly, and the reason for my post... 

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 09:14:45 pm

What got him in the end was way more than that...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 09:11:31 pm

I'd say so.

They want to win, Be heard, and access.

They've gotten none of that in the last 6 years.
This is my non-signature signature.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2017, 09:15:26 pm
Just to be clear, I was referring to an A.D. But I am in favor of head coaches chewing assistants out too! ;)

Yeah, but you responded to a statement about a coach, so I went that direction.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

sowmonella

Quote from: cjack on November 21, 2017, 08:49:08 pm
He said the Sheriff is near! !!

Plus +1 for the Gabby Johnson reference.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moses_007

Obviously the AD is not a done deal, as Pork reported earlier. Nothing is really a done deal until there's a presser to announce the new AD or head coach.

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 09:17:01 pm
My point exactly, and the reason for my post... 

The BOT has entrusted the Chancellor to make the hire/hires, I think they'll be in agreement in the end. I don't think this is going to be an old fashioned John White Search Committee, much less vocal and in the news. 

ricepig

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 09:24:38 pm
The BOT has entrusted the Chancellor to make the hire/hires, I think they'll be in agreement in the end. I don't think this is going to be an old fashioned John White Search Committee, much less vocal and in the news. 

Again, we will see...  Hope they're all on the same page.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 09:04:19 pm

I figured a stupid and naive question deserved a similar answer

LZH

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 09:21:21 pm
Yeah, but you responded to a statement about a coach, so I went that direction.

Guess I misunderstood.

Anywho, we need an AD and a head coach that are both strong personalities. Yes, money is a factor. But....Sun Tzu assembled a group of women in front of the emperor and his generals, and gave two of them a task to do. They started giggling and he took a sword and killed them both. He also figured out centuries ago that soldiers will not put their lives on the line for money as they will for a cause. Guys have to be pushed, motivated, even mercenaries don't kill for money as much as they do for the action.

MissippHog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 08:03:50 pm
Tom Bowen/Mike Norvell.
I had made a post over a month ago saying to go hire Bowen and Norvell.  Couple of people laughed about it.  I still believe we should go and get them, but I have little faith that it will happen.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:17:23 pm
Okay, you have no idea as to is on the SC.  And the GOBN consits of people who have no names?

If you go to the desert there is a horse with no name......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:30:51 pm
Do you think the BOT needs to be deciding who the coach is, I don't.

In a way, they will.

Whoever the search committee chooses for AD and HC will have to have majority support on the BOT to be officially hired. That's why Long's attempt to hire Tommy Bowden fell through. Long was told not to bother putting Bowden before the BOT.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

cjack

Quote from: sowmonella on November 21, 2017, 09:22:19 pm
Plus +1 for the Gabby Johnson reference.

Thanks.  That was immediately who I thought of when I scrolled across those comments.  Now I can't get it out of my head.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 22, 2017, 07:32:21 am
In a way, they will.

Whoever the search committee chooses for AD and HC will have to have majority support on the BOT to be officially hired. That's why Long's attempt to hire Tommy Bowden fell through. Long was told not to bother putting Bowden before the BOT.

Are you sure? Do you have the recorded votes on that hiring, or on the hiring of Bielema? Or any hiring of any coach at the University of Arkansas where the Board of Trustees voted on it?

MJ2

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 07:47:56 pm
That was announced days ago by Steinmetz, the GOBN is choosing, not the BOT.

One thing about it, if they get it wrong Steinmetz is out and all you will hear is "next".