Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The AD Search committee...

Started by duckman, November 21, 2017, 07:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman

Will only have one BOT member on it. 

All bets are off, the AD could be anyone....

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 07:45:59 pm
Will only have one BOT member on it. 

All bets are off, the AD could be anyone....

That was announced days ago by Steinmetz, the GOBN is choosing, not the BOT.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 07:47:56 pm
That was announced days ago by Steinmetz or the leaky trustee, the GOBN is choosing, not the BOT.

26.2Hog

So who is on the SC? 

duckman

Who appoints the search committee...

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 07:54:46 pm

I would assume Steinmetz or Bobbitt, they'll make the hire.......officially......

ipigsooie

TebowHater

East Clintwood

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 07:54:46 pm

The Vice Chancellor of Search Committees of course.  That's his job and he doesn't get to do it often.  This could make his decade.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

26.2Hog

I'll persist,  Who is on the SC?  Who is in the GOBN?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:09:48 pm
I'll persist,  Who is on the SC?  Who is in the GOBN?

To my knowledge, they haven't announced it. As to GOBN, the ones paying the bills and telling the BOT what to do!!

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:01:36 pm
I would assume Steinmetz or Bobbitt, they'll make the hire.......officially......

Are they part of the GOBN? 

Hogs-n-Roses

Its already been searched and committee'd ;),They'll just sign off on what is suggested by da monies peoples. See also final 50 second crowd pic from Saturday.

duckman

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:12:11 pm
To my knowledge, they haven't announced it. As to GOBN, the ones paying the bills and telling the BOT what to do!!

And..... The BOT has but ONE member on the search committee...

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 08:09:49 pm
Who are members of the GOBN?
Wish I was computer savy. I'd put ole Goldmember himself up there saying 1 billion dollars. You know thew crew,How many billionaires are out there.

Bubba's Bruisers

As to GOBN, the ones paying the bills and telling the BOT what to do!!

Who are they? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

26.2Hog

Okay, you have no idea as to is on the SC.  And the GOBN consits of people who have no names?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:17:23 pm
Okay, you have no idea as to is on the SC.  And the GOBN consits of people who have no names?

They have names.

But the NOC list is kept in the secure mainframe room of the Razorback Foundation.
This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 08:14:20 pm
And..... The BOT has but ONE member on the search committee...

And you think that's a problem?

ShadowTheHedgehog

I kind of hope the best candidate is a Yankee just to see Delta's meltdown.

ricepig

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:17:23 pm

Correct, I have not read the names of the members of the search committee, in fact, I was told it was for the AD and HC. As to the money people, that's been posted numerous times on HV.

DoctorSusscrofa

The conspiracy is so secret even the members don't know whether they are actually involved or not. /s
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 21, 2017, 08:24:57 pm
I kind of hope the best candidate is a Yankee just to see Delta's meltdown.

T'would be epic and print-screen worthy.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Wait! I thought the AD was a done deal and was announced on Monday.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:21:50 pm

Don't know. But apparently there are several members of the BOT that thought Jeff was way too lenient with his coaches. I think they would like to see a hard ass take over. Hopefully whoever is actually making the decision feels the same way. We don't need another nice guy.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:26:03 pm
Correct, I have not read the names of the members of the search committee, in fact, I was told it was for the AD and HC. As to the money people, that's been posted numerous times on HV.

The committee would be in a good position to judge how both would work together.

Makes sense to me.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2017, 08:28:37 pm
Don't know. But apparently there are several members of the BOT that thought Jeff was way too lenient with his coaches. I think they would like to see a hard ass take over. Hopefully whoever is actually making the decision feels the same way. We don't need another nice guy.

Do you think the BOT needs to be deciding who the coach is, I don't.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2017, 08:28:37 pm

Yeah the "as long as we're graduating athletes and making money we're fine" BS is sickening.

Seriously. You can find a coach that can graduate athletes and talk to boosters for $250k a year. We're paying coaches to put a competitive product on the field as well.

ricepig

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2017, 08:29:19 pm
The committee would be in a good position to judge how both would work together.

Makes sense to me.

Where I saw this, he said what others have said, the coach may be chosen before the AD. Truthfully, I don't understand the olan, if there is one, lol.

hog.goblin

it's not the role of a board to search for the AD.  This is proper protocol.  Either empower the chancellor or don't have one.

Hogs-n-Roses

Committee is just another name for politics. Power and politics and agents and blah,blah blah have become involved in it to much for me now and as of tonite I've become nauseated with it.

duckman

November 21, 2017, 08:35:43 pm #33 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:49:47 pm by duckman
Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:21:50 pm

Didn't you say they were the ones the GOBN has influence over?  You said the GOBN would be controlling the hire...
How is that possible with only one member on the committee. 

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 21, 2017, 08:33:19 pm
it's not the role of a board to search for the AD.  This is proper protocol.  Either empower the chancellor or don't have one.

Correct, when they searched for a Chancellor, they had one trustee lead a committee, if my old memory serves my right. Some have said Jerry is on it, I don't know the make-up of the numbers on it.

elviscat

We need to clean Memphis out and take both AD and head coach. It would be a winner all the way around.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 08:35:43 pm
Didn't you say they were the ones the GOBN has influence over?  You said the GOBN would be controlling the hire
  How is that possible with only one member on thw committee.

The board appoints the committee maybe?

26.2Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:26:03 pm

Okay, you don't know who is on the search committee.  I agree you don't know.  Well, I don't want to read every post that's ever been posted on HV, so please help us out. Who are the GOBN that will be choosing the new AD instead of the SC.  Since you obviously know, would it be too much trouble to tell us their names?  Shouldn't take but a few seconds to key them in.

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 21, 2017, 08:35:43 pm
Didn't you say they were the ones the GOBN has influence over?  You said the GOBN would be controlling the hire
  How is that possible with only one member on thw committee. 

Easily, the GOBN will tell them who to hire, next question?

ricepig

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:37:53 pm
Okay, you don't know who is on the search committee.  I agree you don't know.  Well, I don't want to read every post that's ever been posted on HV, so please help us out. Who are the GOBN that will be choosing the new AD instead of the SC.  Since you obviously know, would it be too much trouble to tell us their names?  Shouldn't take but a few seconds to key them in.

Whose to say there won't be some GOBN on the search committee?

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:30:51 pm
Do you think the BOT needs to be deciding who the coach is, I don't.

No, I didn't say that. Not sure it is even their job. I just hope we wind up with someone who will not hesitate to march in the coaches' office and chew his ass out if he is underperforming. We need a boss and not a facilitator.

PonderinHog

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2017, 08:40:02 pm
No, I didn't say that. Not sure it is even their job. I just hope we wind up with someone who will not hesitate to march in the coaches' office and chew his ass out if he is underperforming. We need a boss and not a facilitator.

I doubt there are too many AD's these days walking into a HC's office and chewing his ass out.

hawgmasta

If the GOBN is real and in charge I hope it's Smokey and the Bandit style. At least that's the way I imagine it in my head; a bunch of fat rich cigar smoking Ricky Rays and Bobby Joe's. Making terrible drunken over indulged gout flaring decisions.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 08:42:25 pm
I doubt there are too many AD's these days walking into a HC's office and chewing his ass out.

Is he not talking about a HC chewing arse?

hog.goblin

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 08:44:26 pm
Is he not talking about a HC chewing arse?

Don't know, if so, I'm sure a lot of ass has been chewed then. I heard Bielema wasn't afraid to let his feelings known, don't know if did any good.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:37:53 pm

he could tell you, but then he would have to kill you

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 21, 2017, 08:46:13 pm
no

Maybe, but his comment about chewing arse was in response to Rice's comment about the BOT hiring a coach, not an AD.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 21, 2017, 08:46:54 pm
he could tell you, but then he would have to kill you

Nope, I wouldn't go that far. I'd hate to put out their names and leave someone off, I've got children.......