Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help me understand

Started by returntoglory, November 21, 2017, 07:45:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

returntoglory

Is there a chance that BB doesn't get fired after Mizzou game due to the buyout? I remember that being a big topic of conversation about a month ago, but haven't seen it mentioned lately. I hope we have a new coach to start the beginning of 2018 season, but I see this being a very difficult time to hire.

If we hold on to him until January (when his buy out dramatically drops if I remember correctly) then all of the good coaches will probably be snatched up. I feel like the U of A has a very difficult decision to make (not whether, but when BB is fired).

31to6

Quote from: returntoglory on November 21, 2017, 07:45:01 pm
Is there a chance that BB doesn't get fired after Mizzou game due to the buyout?
They will give him the opportunity to resign and negotiate his buyout accordingly.

bphi11ips

Quote from: returntoglory on November 21, 2017, 07:45:01 pm
Is there a chance that BB doesn't get fired after Mizzou game due to the buyout? I remember that being a big topic of conversation about a month ago, but haven't seen it mentioned lately. I hope we have a new coach to start the beginning of 2018 season, but I see this being a very difficult time to hire.

If we hold on to him until January (when his buy out dramatically drops if I remember correctly) then all of the good coaches will probably be snatched up. I feel like the U of A has a very difficult decision to make (not whether, but when BB is fired).

The buyout is less of an issue than available talent.  The BOT and those with their ears are tired of amateur hour.  They are now concerned about the long-term success of the program.  If they can get a head coach they believe in they will.  If not, they may wait a year.  They aren't going to hire anyone just to appease the masses.  Appeasing the masses is what got us to this point. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PorkSoda

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 21, 2017, 08:09:54 pm
The buyout is less of an issue than available talent.  The BOT and those with their ears are tired of amateur hour.  They are now concerned about the long-term success of the program.  If they can get a head coach they believe in they will.  If not, they may wait a year.  They aren't going to hire anyone just to appease the masses.  Appeasing the masses is what got us to this point. 
honestly I'm fine with that.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hogwarrior

Will you people please stop talking about money like you are running your household budget!  It makes you all petty and uninformed!  I thought sports message boards were for sports savvy people!  Please click on the link and stop these silly threads!

https://amp.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10

plumbhog

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 21, 2017, 08:30:22 pm
Will you people please stop talking about money like you are running your household budget!  It makes you all petty and uninformed!  I thought sports message boards were for sports savvy people!  Please click on the link and stop these silly threads!

https://amp.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10
That's just terrible, 12th in the sec. Fire Somebody!
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M