Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo is lurking Hogville again....

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, November 21, 2017, 07:25:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

buldozer

Seems Bo is trying to compensate for being a littleman. I stopped listening over a year ago

Großer Kriegschwein

I just listen to the podcast. Only takes an hour and you usually get his "big guest" speaker.
This is my non-signature signature.

snoblind

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 21, 2017, 11:07:04 pm
not a fanboy. But I don't hate him. I just don't understand that comment or how he cost us an SEC title. I'm not arguing. Just do not know.
Quote from: sowmonella on November 21, 2017, 10:52:58 pm
Please explain this one.

1998 Tennessee.  Our field goal kicker was suspended with DWI.  Bo was supposed to be the designated driver that night and got too drunk to drive.  So Todd drove.  The rest,  as they say, is history.

Großer Kriegschwein

WalHog2018

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 11:15:28 pm
When you are supposed to be the DD for our starting kicker but get tankered up like 900 Indians and it forces our starting kicker to drive em both home and starting kicker gets a DWI driving the lush home...and gets suspended...and we miss a FG to cost us a win at Mississippi State and a rematch against the great pumpkin....

He gets the blame.

PR
thanks for the explanation.

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 21, 2017, 07:54:14 pm
So I haven't lived in Arkansas in six years or so but does anyone actually like Bo's show? I know hogville consensus isn't usually indicative of the average fan. Good Lord though, he must really suck.

I love Bo's show!  He's knowledgeable and informative.  People just don't like him because of the show he did about Coach and he likes BB, as well.  Those are high crimes on this message board.  God forbid you like someone because he's a good and honorable person.  Oh, and he talks smack about Bobby Petrino from time to time.  That's the worst crime of all!

BallHog1

Seems like the same people who are jealous of BB's salary are jealous of Bo's popularity on the radio.
Can't be a coincidence....

Athog

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2017, 07:25:23 pm
Seriously, hit nearly every argument on MMQB and Unoffical Search forums today.

I wonder what his handle is or whether he makes one of his lackeys come and get his talking points.

Why shouldn't he it is a public idiots message board!

Tony Perkis

Quote from: BallHog1 on November 22, 2017, 03:41:47 am
Seems like the same people who are jealous of BB's salary are jealous of Bo's popularity on the radio.
Can't be a coincidence....
Who wouldn't be jealous of BB's salary?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2017, 07:25:23 pm
Seriously, hit nearly every argument on MMQB and Unoffical Search forums today.

I wonder what his handle is or whether he makes one of his lackeys come and get his talking points.

He used to be a mod here. Hasn't used his old account in years it appears

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=1918

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 22, 2017, 09:00:29 am
He used to be a mod here. Hasn't used his old account in years it appears

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;u=1918

He doesn't have to log in to read the forums.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:03:14 am
Make the change, Lanny! Don't let Bo profit from our infinite wisdom.

Tony Perkis

Listened to 92.1 on my morning commute and heard the exchange below (not word for word, but something of the sort)

JB - "Should we feel sorry for Bielema after seeing his press conference and tears?"
E Hild - "No, I don't feel sorry for him. I think it's good that he cares though."
JB - "Agreed. Bottom line, he didn't get the job done. Time to move on."

Something this simple and real would never take place on whiney Bo's show. Instead of cutting to the chase about not getting the job done, he would go off on a rant about the disadvantages Bielema has had here.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 21, 2017, 08:00:03 pm
He has a well produced show with national guests.  But it's become a lot of schtick.  He basically wants to be a cross between Dan Patrick and Finebaum but really doesn't have the personality to be either.  I used to listen but haven't listened much the last 12 months or so.  His affection for BB is real and blatant.  It would be one thing if he was a UofA homer.  He's not.  He's a BB apologist because he partnered with him on Being Bret Bielema.  Lost all objectivity and IMO credibility as well.

Bo is really good with an interview.  I think the show's pretty decent, but it really hits a low point when he tries to go into Jim Rome-lite mode.  That's pretty tiring.

I don't really expect strict objectivity from a talk show; it's not the news.  What I can't take is just blatant disregard for the obvious, a la Rick Schaffer.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

The OTR

Bo Mattingly is the best friend this state has in the media right now behind Mike Irwin and anyone who wants to disagree with that can meet Rudy Baylor at the Alma Sonic to settle our differences. He's itching for a Thanksgiving fist fight so any of you who disagree PM that guy and he'll gladly, and I mean he'll be giddy about meeting you there to "discuss" things.

oldhawg

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 21, 2017, 11:55:01 pm
Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 21, 2017, 11:55:01 pm

Then subsequently, after the game against Mississippi State, charges against said kicker were dropped.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:03:14 am

I know that.  Just showing you he used to post here.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: oldhawg on November 22, 2017, 09:45:43 am

Then subsequently, after the game against Mississippi State, charges against said kicker were dropped.

Probably a lot of the rift between Bo and Houston.

hogsanity

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 22, 2017, 12:38:49 am
I love Bo's show!  He's knowledgeable and informative.  People just don't like him because of the show he did about Coach and he likes BB, as well.  Those are high crimes on this message board.  God forbid you like someone because he's a good and honorable person.  Oh, and he talks smack about Bobby Petrino from time to time.  That's the worst crime of all!

I like Bo's show because of the guests he gets. For goodness sake he got a interview with John Wooden before he died. Like all call in shows the callers are horrible, but at least he has interesting interviews.

People have to remember, his job is to get listeners. If he felt the way to do that was to bash BB, trust me, he would do so. He knows, right now, the better way to stir up people is to support the coach because most people that take the time to listen to sports radio are like the ones who post here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 10:10:12 am
+1000

It's bad.

Inherently bad.

You didn't wait 3 post to reveal you alter identity.

Großer Kriegschwein

Next1_04

November 22, 2017, 11:55:49 am #124 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:27:15 pm by Next1_04
Real question is, why does it matter who gets on this site? Honestly? Is it a knock on someone to be on here? If so then...

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 22, 2017, 11:55:49 am
Real question is, who does it matter who gets on this site? Honestly? Is it a knock on someone to be on here? If so then...
Not the point.

snoblind

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 22, 2017, 10:13:53 am
You didn't wait 3 post to reveal you alter identity.

:)

thought the same thing

Next1_04

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 22, 2017, 12:27:44 pm
Please...enlighten me on the point there Tony.
The OP was saying whiney Bo is getting all of his material from HV.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 22, 2017, 01:14:35 pm
The OP was saying whiney Bo is getting all of his material from HV.

While he makes fun of message boards and Hogville specifically.

I'm surprised Lanny hasn't deleted his account.

Tony Perkis

My Lord...it never ends. He has that clown Dan Wolken on today. Guy has a clear anti-Arkansas agenda as well.