Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Storied: Before They Were Cowboys

Started by SemperFi, November 21, 2017, 07:22:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

Just finished watching "Before They Were Cowboys" and if you haven't seen it you have got to watch it. That 1964 team was truly special and the coach, Frank Broyles, a legend. As a matter of fact, in my opinion, he was and is more than that. He is an icon; a model of what a Coach should be and as I found out tonight, he was a real father figure to his players.

Several years ago I was at a Razorback basketball game in Little Rock, got up from my seat to use the bathroom and there was Coach Broyles a mere few feet from me. He was sitting by himself and as I walked up the stairs I wanted to say hello, but instead just smiled at the man. He returned my smile as I walked by. I thought "DAMN" that was Coach Broyles and I all I could do was smile at the man, so I decided that I would introduce myself and shake the man's hand. Unfortunatley for me, he was gone by the time I got back to my seat. I have regretted that moment ever since and if I had the opportunity to do it again I would have taken the time to speak to him.

Coach definitely deserves better than what we're seeing today, however I'm very Interested if anyone has any cool stories about meeting Coach Broyles and if you wouldn't mind sharing those here.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan