Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here's what should happen.....

Started by Leadbelly, November 21, 2017, 06:23:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leadbelly

Kevin Scanlon should be named Athletic Director ASAP (would he accept??), fire CBB, jump on a plane to Memphis and hire Mike Norvell. Norvell would then be given an open checkbook to hire the best DC possible!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Boog41

I think you've been eating too much lead. That is not a good idea.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Leadbelly

Quote from: Boog41 on November 21, 2017, 06:25:59 pm
I think you've been eating too much lead. That is not a good idea.

And your solution would be....??
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Leadbelly

Quote from: rhames on November 21, 2017, 06:27:01 pm
No one has suggested this at all

Great!!!! I'm the first for something!!!!! >:(

Boardon Hamsay

Norvell? Hadn't heard of him on here. Thought it was a brand of canned chili.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Leadbelly

Some on HV should be allowed to only post pics of their avatar!!!😁

jbigs77

Hiring Norvell is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get. Heath, Pel, BB, JS, He is not a proven coach. It would be a uphill battle for him.

JONAS

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 21, 2017, 06:23:24 pm
Kevin Scanlon should be named Athletic Director ASAP (would he accept??), fire CBB, jump on a plane to Memphis and hire Mike Norvell. Norvell would then be given an open checkbook to hire the best DC possible!

I'm for that.

Leadbelly

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 21, 2017, 06:58:34 pm
Hiring Norvell is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get. Heath, Pel, BB, JS, He is not a proven coach. It would be a uphill battle for him.

So, what do you do? We've tried proven coaches (BB) and some successful on a lower level (pep, heath). All with varied levels of success or lack thereof. Meanwhile, some schools, UGA, OU, FSU, Clemson, has been more successful hiring asst coaches. Norvell has been successful as an OC and HC, I think he's ready. ANYONE you hire is like a box of chocolates! People were just sure that Nolan would fail! We see how that turned out!
Roll the dice! Hogs need a new pair of shoes!!!

RazorbackJAC

I'm all for Scanlon as AD, but I have yet to see a single person explain why he would take what would likely be a significant pay cut to become the new AD? Makes no sense (or cents) to me.
Arkansas Football.  It's the players running through the "A".  It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "Woo Pig Sooie!"  It's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other.  Those select few who put on the jersey are ... chosen.  They wear the colors.  They pay the price, and they succeed.  They are exceptional.  They are RAZORBACKS!

zuko

Quote from: Leadbelly on November 21, 2017, 06:23:24 pm
Before he does that, he should look at what Justin Fuente left Norvell  that made his record at Memphis. Virginia Tech recognized Fuente for what he did at Memphis so Norvell could very well be the beneficiary of good work done by Fuente. Norvell needs to go a couple of years to see if he has the same success before playing with the big boys.

Leadbelly

Quote from: zuko on November 21, 2017, 07:52:59 pm
Before he does that, he should look at what Justin Fuente left Norvell  that made his record at Memphis. Virginia Tech recognized Fuente for what he did at Memphis so Norvell could very well be the beneficiary of good work done by Fuente. Norvell needs to go a couple of years to see if he has the same success before playing with the big boys.

Or Fuente could have been the beneficiary of a great OC while Memphis. We can skin this cat a lot of different ways!
You want to hire Fuente? Not gonna happen, you want to hire Gus? The only way that happens is his "fall back" plan if he loses to Bama! Don't care for that plan, or Gustavous for that matter!

lumphog

Quote from: jbigs77 on November 21, 2017, 06:58:34 pm
That's NOT what my crystal ball says

Hawgphish

With all the jobs open, we need to strike quick.