Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sumlin out at A&M

Started by TexHog188, November 21, 2017, 06:22:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexHog188

Local Fox station in Dallas reporting that Sumlin is out at A&M.  Says Jimbo Fisher on their wish list.

Link to the story:  http://www.fox4news.com/sports/colleges/report-texas-am-to-fire-kevin-sumlin-after-regular-season-finale

"Texas A&M will fire embattled head coach Kevin Sumlin after its regular season finale on Saturday, the Houston Chronicle reported Tuesday.

Multiple sources told the Chronicle that Sumlin will be let go after the Aggies' final game against LSU and that a win won't save his job."
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

WPS007

Finebaum reported as well after last game

Snouty

I'd be surprised if A&M beat LSU.

Arkansas Fan

This is what we should've already done.

moses_007

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 21, 2017, 06:40:22 pm
This is what we should've already done.
It absolutely should have been announced this week that the Mizzou game is Bielema's finale.

PorkSoda

Quote from: moses_007 on November 21, 2017, 06:41:58 pm
It absolutely should have been announced this week that the Mizzou game is Bielema's finale.
maybe they are hoping that one of these schools that fired their coach early will "steal"  him and we wont have to pay the buy out
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

nichc85

There has been no official announcement on Sumlin. All speculation just like our situation. Everyone expects Coach Bielema and Coach Sumlin to be dismissed but neither institution has made that official. Why jump on the U of A for having some class? Yea U of A leaders.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Tusks

The minute they fire Sumlin they owe him like $10M in one lump sum.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogsgolfpro

They're making sure there is plenty of time to prepare for CBB

SooieGeneris

This Sumlin move was NOT announced by the school. It is coming from media REPORTS. There is a difference.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

nichc85

Thanks Moses 7. Some folks just are so bloodthirsty they don't seem to notice details.

nichc85

My error. Thanks for the response to Moses post.

parallaxpig

Can't if he's not getting fired after Mizzou game.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 21, 2017, 06:48:38 pm
maybe they are hoping that one of these schools that fired their coach early will "steal"  him and we wont have to pay the buy out

I don't understand how anyone would think that.

This is my non-signature signature.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pecos Hog

Who they gonna get to replace him?    I'll guarantee you that Mike Norvell will not on the market for long.    Jimmy Sexton will be one busy man this year.

Großer Kriegschwein

In before Dari and Bo start saying they should be comfortable with where they are and they aren't Alabama, Florida or Oklahoma.
This is my non-signature signature.

Bubba's Bruisers

We're getting Sumlin.

I kid, I kid...
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 07:32:37 pm
We're getting Sumlin.

I kid, I kid...

51-25 is a whole lot better than 29-33....., just saying.   

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 21, 2017, 07:35:23 pm

Sure, but context matters. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 21, 2017, 07:35:23 pm

He would have had a better record than CBB here but not by a whole lot. Look how much he underachieved with A&Ms recruiting advantages.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jgphillips3

The way those FSU fans have gone full retard after one bad season I can see Jimbo bolting.  I mean, the guy is 82-23 at FSU with double digit wins 6 out of 8 years (the other being 9 wins and this year 4-8 (likely)) and has a national title.  We can only dream of results like that and some want to fire him after one bad year.  We are nothing compared to those idiots on the Crazy fan scale.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 07:40:25 pm
The way those FSU fans have gone full retard after one bad season I can see Jimbo bolting.  I mean, the guy is 82-23 at FSU with double digit wins 6 out of 8 years (the other being 9 wins and this year 4-8 (likely)) and has a national title.  We can only dream of results like that and some want to fire him after one bad year.  We are nothing compared to those idiots on the Crazy fan scale.

If he had that record here, we would build him a statue and give him a lifetime contract.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jgphillips3

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 21, 2017, 07:42:23 pm
If he had that record here, we would build him a statue and give him a lifetime contract.

Yep.

Piggie

It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

PorkSoda

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 21, 2017, 07:40:20 pm
He would have had a better record than CBB here but not by a whole lot. Look how much he underachieved with A&Ms recruiting advantages.
maybe we would have recruiting advantages if we had a coach that can recruit.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

26.2Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 07:40:25 pm

They must be entertaining a delusion they are Auburn, which fired a coach one year removed from a natty.

Piggie

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 21, 2017, 07:42:23 pm

Then everyone should be real happy about getting Gus then.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

PorkSoda

Quote from: Piggie on November 21, 2017, 07:45:36 pm
should be, but this is hogville

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 07:37:09 pm
Sure, but context matters. 

So what's Bert's record against Kevin?   

hotdog hog

If the Gus Bus passes us by, Sumlin is the guy I'm calling. Saw what he did with a group of talented freshmen. The man can recruit and coach offense and would love to stick it to AM. UCLA former player on XM today said he was 2nd on his list behind Kelley

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 21, 2017, 07:49:37 pm
So what's Bert's record against Kevin?   

He's 0'fer.  So what?

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 07:51:45 pm
He's 0'fer.  So what?

FineAsSwine said he was only "marginally" better.    I think he Miles better.    Pun intended.

my3boneheads

It's on FootballScoop also. Lot of jobs opening up. Not sure we should fire CBB before we sign someone. Don't need another Smiley and Enos failed as a head coach so I don't want him as an interim.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Piggie on November 21, 2017, 07:47:58 pm

How many double digit win seasons and national titles does Gus have as head coach again?

PorkSoda

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 07:58:54 pm
How many double digit win seasons and national titles does Gus have as head coach again?
what was the score last time we played auburn?

which side of the equation do you want to be on?

oh and, which of the other coaching candidates are you holding the same standard you are holding gus to?

East Clintwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 21, 2017, 07:40:20 pm

Just like Gus.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

greenie

Maybe aTm will now join in on the Chip Kelly sweepstakes.

Bubba's Bruisers

An argument could be made that Gus = Sumlin.  Underachieved with elite talent.  Gus at least played some defense...that's about the only difference.

Gonzo

Quote from: Piggie on November 21, 2017, 07:45:36 pm

Speculating he may/will do likewise as the Hog HC is quite a bit different than being happy he's  already done it.  The fans would be in Hog heaven with those results from any Hog HC, not just GM.

Go Hogs!

Freebrd

Regardless, they BOTH kicked our butt

Pecos Hog

I'm kinda liking that BCSNC game, myself.   

26.2Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2017, 08:01:36 pm
An argument could be made that Gus = Sumlin.  Underachieved with elite talent.  Gus at least played some defense...that's about the only difference.

PorkSoda

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 21, 2017, 08:01:06 pm
Just like Gus.
lol, I suppose saban is underachieving because he doesn't with a championship every year?  how many championships has harbough won at michigan.  damn under acheiver.  same with urban meyer. 

none of those guys are good enough to coach mighty arkansas.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Pecos Hog on November 21, 2017, 08:04:53 pm
I'm kinda liking that BCSNC game, myself.   
not good enough for arkansas.