Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dari Nowkah is "perturbed" with Arkansas.

Started by HeathWimp, November 21, 2017, 02:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 06:03:01 pm
I don't care what he thinks about this, but it has nothing to do with him coming from an Iranian family.

Correct, and he's entitled to his opinion.

Snouty

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 21, 2017, 03:01:33 pm
It will be difficult, but I will try to sleep at night despite knowing that Dari Nowkhah is perturbed at us.  This is crushing...absolutely debilitating.

LOL  +1,111,111,111,111  We are so dependent on approval from Dari.

Kneph13

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2017, 06:05:47 pm
Correct, and he's entitled to his opinion.

My point in referring to Iranian heritage was that they prefer soccer to football.  Maybe he should stick to soccer.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Großer Kriegschwein

I listened to the interview and while it's probably a pretty good opinion from someone on the outside looking in, it shows just how much of a relationship he has built with BB & JL.

I think it's similar to someone giving unsolicited advice on how to handle situations that arise with your family. They don't know or really understand the dynamics that are involved, so they should probably just keep it to themselves.
This is my non-signature signature.

zuko

Quote from: HeathWimp on November 21, 2017, 02:55:27 pm
Was just on Bo's Show.  In a nutshell, said that we are the worst job in the SEC West, and it is unreasonable for us to expect better than Bert.  Another "poor little Arkiesaw" national media jerk.  I guess we should be sopping up that 11-29 SEC record with a biscuit, and just be thankful we got that!
Never did take Bo seriously since in my book he will never do any better than he is right now and he doesn't show much respect for the UofA saying things like we are the worst hire. Usually when a writer or columnist makes a claim like that, he will support the claim with explanations otherwise know as support. Journalism 101 support what you write don't just make statement to stir up the dirt. I give Bo a "D"

jgphillips3

I guess now that Bielema's gone, Bo can go back to making the show he was born to make: "Being nobody without Bret Bielema."

hawgmasta

I have no idea who that man is; seriously.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 07:18:15 pm
I guess now that Bielema's gone, Bo can go back to making the show he was born to make: "Being nobody without Bret Bielema."

Lol.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 21, 2017, 07:05:24 pm
My point in referring to Iranian heritage was that they prefer soccer to football.  Maybe he should stick to soccer.
Ya, soccer... that's exactly where I thought you were going with that.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 21, 2017, 03:30:45 pm
I can see it now....the Booger & Bert Show! 

I'd watch that.  I think it'd be pretty good.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: PolishPigPower on November 21, 2017, 04:01:56 pm
Chuckles went along with all that nonsense when HDN was about to be sent out the door, too.  We all know what happened after that.

While I didn't like his comments, I did understand where he was coming from.  He was/is employed by the school and was defending the schools current coach.

Now, that doesn't change the fact that I can't listen to him as an announcer -- he's one of the worst football announcers I've ever heard.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 06:03:01 pm
I don't care what he thinks about this, but it has nothing to do with him coming from an Iranian family.

But Iranians think footballs are round!!

jvanhorn

Quote from: HawgTide on November 21, 2017, 04:21:15 pm

OU fans were a lot more tolerable when they had Gary Gibbs and John Blake as head coaches
Quote from: Jimmy on November 21, 2017, 04:14:18 pm
True that.  Dari grew up in Tulsa, went to OU.  If you live around OU fans, they will happily inform you everything in Arkansas is substandard. They can't hep it.....they just that way. 

And yet Oklahoma is a billion dollars in debt.  Their teachers are leaving for Texas and a decent salary.  Yep we are substandard--and yet those Okies keep shopping at Wal Mart and eating Tyson chicken and Hillshire Farms met, lol.

Gonzo

Quote from: cityhog on November 21, 2017, 04:36:50 pm
May not have the money in the coffers we currently have, but I'd be willing to bet we'd have a few more banners to hang.

You are presuming the Hogs would have wound up in the Big 12, which is far from a certainty. The same cabal that held A&M and Texas back from joining the Hogs in the SEC would still have forced a package deal with Tech and Baylor to the Big 12. Very possible the Hogs get left out of both then.

Go Hogs!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

N HOG

ipigsooie

Dari gushes over CBB. He has made it known that he has a secret love crush on him. He has no credibility here.

RME

Quote from: Kneph13 on November 21, 2017, 05:59:44 pm
Does anyone really give a crap what a freakin American born Iranian thinks about the SEC and football?

Do you and Delta know each other?

WilsonHog

Dari Nowkah has apologized:

"I realize that today, I angered many #Razorbacks fans by doing something that I hate when others do - GENERALIZING.  I was unfair and I upset a fan base that I've come to love.  I sincerely hope you'll accept my apology.  #WPS"

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 21, 2017, 09:44:17 pm

"I realize that today, I angered many #Razorbacks fans by doing something that I hate when others do - GENERALIZING.  I was unfair and I upset a fan base that I've come to love.  I sincerely hope you'll accept my apology.  #WPS"

He let his emotions get the better of him, so it's ok if I do the same thing for a while.

Frank him.

Don't worry, I'll apologize later.

Tony Perkis

Wow. Bo needs to offer an apology as well. He 100% got Dari on to push his anti-Razorback agenda.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 21, 2017, 09:54:53 pm
Wow. Bo needs to offer an apology as well. He 100% got Dari on to push his anti-Razorback agenda.

Bo just agreed with him almost completely.

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 21, 2017, 03:33:32 pm
Houston Nutt is easily a better coach than Bielema.

Didn't Bert beat Houston Nutt's greatest team ever in the 07 Citrus Bowl?

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2017, 09:55:58 pm
Bo just agreed with him almost completely.
Yep. Difficult to listen to. A half decent talk show host would've at least tried to play some sort of devil's advocate for the team that he discusses every day.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on November 21, 2017, 09:56:06 pm

Unfortunately, Nutt's locker room was completely disfunctional by then.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 21, 2017, 09:57:13 pm
Yep. Difficult to listen to. A half decent talk show host would've at least tried to play some sort of devil's advocate for the team that he discusses every day.

At least Clay laid the wood down a little later. Basically told Bo to go take a break and be quiet while the adult speaks. Lol.

regi

“I realize that today, I angered many #Razorbacks fans by doing something that I hate when others do - GENERALIZING.  I was unfair and I upset a fan base that I've come to love.  I sincerely hope you'll accept my apology.  #WPS”

His apology was called for, because he was incorrect about our fan base (We don't have anymore crazies than any other rabid SEC fan base).Also wrong about this job. Arkansas Is not Bama (who is?) and  LSU has more local High School talent every year, but until Bert showed up, we were 11-12-1 vs AU all Time (Bert 1-4), 40-25-1 vs Aggies, (Bert 0-5), now 36-27-1 vs Ole Miss and we were 15-7-1 vs State, (Bert is 1-4 pathetic). Arkansas' toughest knock, is local, campus local, recruiting. But fact is, since the growth of the SEC, SECN, and 12 televised games, everybody's recruiting in the SEC, has improved over all. 

COACHING MATTERS. State is better than us currently (won 5 of last 6), not because of where our Campuses are located, but because they currently have their most successful Coach, in the history of the freaking program, and he is a meek 69-45, 33-38 btw in the SEC. Not only is he their best Coach ever record wise, it is not really an argument. First off, they are 554-572-39 all time, below 500. the next best 5 Coaches, and their Coaching "legends" if you will: Cheating Bear Boy, Jackie Sherrill, who was a whopping 75-75-2. That is right .500 record. BTW prior to taking the State job, he was 102-37-2 with Pitt and TAMU. Emory Bullard was 37-42. Wade Walker was 22-32-2. Paul Davis was 20-28-2. Rocky Felker was 21-34, and S. Croom was 21-38. So Coaching matters and winning matters. Dari's boy Bert, is 11-28 in SEC games. It is what it is, you he and Dari can not run from it.

rtr

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on November 21, 2017, 09:56:06 pm
Yes, but I wish someone would post the statistics from that game.  Our DL absolutely owned their great dominant OL, I think they rushed for 5 yards.  Ineptitude on offense coupled with team being torn up over the Malzahn/Mustain departures were the major factors in that loss.  Actually, Regi Herring had his unit ready to play that day.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

AstroHawg

Quote from: cityhog on November 21, 2017, 03:44:57 pm
JFB chose $$ over our ability to compete long term. We are seeing the results of that choice to move to the SEC.

Right on.  We took the money over the geography/history.  I don't see how we'd be in any worse shape in the Big 12. 

regi

Quote from: rtr on November 21, 2017, 10:53:28 pm
Yes, but I wish someone would post the statistics from that game.  Our DL absolutely owned their great dominant OL, I think they rushed for 5 yards.  Ineptitude on offense coupled with team being torn up over the Malzahn/Mustain departures were the major factors in that loss.  Actually, Regi Herring had his unit ready to play that day.

2007 Citrus Bowl:

Score: Wisconsin -17
           Arkansas-14

Total yards: Wisconsin- 201 (3 Turnovers)
                   Arkansas-368 (2 Turnovers)

Deciding factor (other than blown scoring chances by Arkansas? Penalties: Wisconsin, 4 for 35 yards, Hogs, 12 for 123 yards!!!

Btw... Mustain was 5 of 10 for 50 yards in the game. Wisconsin had Minus 5 yards rushing in the game.

Tusks

After finding out how Alvarez was having BB meet with him 4-5 times a week to go over the game plan should tell you all you need to know about how much BB knows about HC'ing a team.

BB was HC in name only.  Alvarez was Lou Holtz DC on his ND national championship team.  If you saw him speak at the LRTD club or saw the interviews he did, you now know his real name is Barry MF Alvarez.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

AstroHawg

That was pretty stand up of him to apologize. 

His wife's name is Jenn.  We need to leave anybody that has a wife with that name the hell alone. 

HF#1

He apologized after Trey Biddy called him out via subtweet.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Tony Perkis

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 22, 2017, 08:41:58 am
Anyone have a transcript or summary?

After Dari got off the phone, Clay waited a few minutes for Bo to shut up, got tired of listening to him and told him to take a break and be quiet for a minute.

Then he said that he's tired of people that aren't from here telling us what is best for the program. They don't understand the history of dynamics of recruiting to the program and that being satisfied with the last 6 years is just stupid.

All that is paraphrased.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Großer Kriegschwein

I seem to remember that being about the last thing he said.

hogsanity

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 21, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
Bo is as big jerk as Dari. I got tired of Bo saying u can't recruit to poor little Arkansas.

yet 26 years of recruiting in the sec says exactly that, when compared to the rest of the league. 25th nationally. or there about, every year yet still only 9th or 10th in our own league.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

I like all the " I don't care what Dari thinks" comments, yet the thread is two pages long filled with comments by people that apparently did care what he said or they would not have taken the time to post.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 08:54:30 am
I like all the " I don't care what Dari thinks" comments, yet the thread is two pages long filled with comments by people that apparently did care what he said or they would not have taken the time to post.

Just because someone says they dont care doesn't mean they don't have an opinion on it.

They arrogance of Dari was astounding. I never got that from him in the past.

tbhogfan

Dari needs to quit if he's that uninformed about Arkansas Football. 

Our last two non-interim coaches proved that we can win and compete in the SEC West.  Petrino was 12-4 SEC in his last two seasons at Poor Li'l Arkansas, and Houston Nutt tied for first in the SEC West three times in a decade. 

Arkansas can and should be competitive in the SECW.

Go Hogs!

HF#1

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 08:57:41 am
Just because someone says they dont care doesn't mean they don't have an opinion on it.

I tried to cut him some slack. He is one of Bret's biggest champions and closest friends. I'm sure it is tough to see his buddy struggle.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 08:59:18 am
I tried to cut him some slack. He is one of Bret's biggest champions and closest friends. I'm sure it is tough to see his buddy struggle.

He had a similar tone when talking to the TD Club.

He's realized that injecting his opinions on a situation like this is a bad idea.

HF#1

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 09:01:04 am
He had a similar tone when talking to the TD Club.

He's realized that injecting his opinions on a situation like this is a bad idea.

Yeah, anytime you speak about a situation that you know nothing about, it's a bad idea. He doesn't know Arkansas or its fans. He knows Bret, that's it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:02:28 am
Yeah, anytime you speak about a situation that you know nothing about, it's a bad idea. He doesn't know Arkansas or its fans. He knows Bret, that's it.

And speaking broadly about the situation like he did just makes him look like a horse's ass.

Except to our opponents and recruits.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 08:59:18 am
What's the phrase? Don't crap where you eat?

hogsanity

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 22, 2017, 08:57:41 am

He has pretty much always been complimentary of the Hogs. If possible, try looking at the HOG program from the outside. Look at the very real obstacles the program faces, from being in a small state, to being on the fringe of the conference footprint, to demographics, to proximity to alot of talent, etc. Then look at the rest of the teams in the SEC and try to objectively argue why the program should be viewed as a top job in the secw?

Now, I do not agree that it is the worst job in the secw. old misses gets that title right now since they are facing sanctions. But this is not a better job than A&M, LSU, Bama or Aub. Based on facilities it is better than MSU, but based on all the talents based issues ( proximity to being a big one ) MSU is a better job, so put those 2 things together and those 2 jobs rank about the same. The Ar job, IN THE CURRENT SECW, is tied for 5th.

hogsanity

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:02:28 am

He knows college football. Sometimes I think our fans ( and likely those of other schools ) view college football in a vacuum. They see only what they perceive as good about their program when comparing it to college football in general.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 09:07:02 am
He knows college football. Sometimes I think our fans ( and likely those of other schools ) view college football in a vacuum. They see only what they perceive as good about their program when comparing it to college football in general.

Yeah, he's right, we should blow leads in the second half, hire coaches with nearly zero experience recruiting, not develop players with potential, all just because we should be the last team any player or coach would want to be.

That's just ridiculous.