Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dari Nowkah is "perturbed" with Arkansas.

Started by HeathWimp, November 21, 2017, 02:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathWimp

Was just on Bo's Show.  In a nutshell, said that we are the worst job in the SEC West, and it is unreasonable for us to expect better than Bert.  Another "poor little Arkiesaw" national media jerk.  I guess we should be sopping up that 11-29 SEC record with a biscuit, and just be thankful we got that!
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

He's buddies with CBB.  That said, if the next guy comes in and fails and CBB moves in and has success we are going to be in a really bad position.

Tony Perkis

HF#1

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 02:57:04 pm
Why does he care enough to be "perturbed?"

He and Bret are tight. They have lunch or dinner anytime Dari is close to NWA.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wildhog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 02:58:06 pm
He and Bret are tight. They have lunch or dinner anytime Dari is close to NWA.

Oh, so we're about to fire his buddy.  Maybe he can get Bret a job.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dropkick

HeathWimp

Didn't know they were buddies.  I know that the national media is pillorying the firing of Long, but even with that being considered, he was a little over the top.  Now it make sense.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

HF#1

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 02:58:49 pm
Oh, so we're about to fire his buddy.  Maybe he can get Bret a job.

I'm sure there is a good chance he will end up in a TV booth or on a TV set after his departure. At least for a year.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

pghawg1

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

EastexHawg

Quote from: HeathWimp on November 21, 2017, 02:55:27 pm
Was just on Bo's Show.  In a nutshell, said that we are the worst job in the SEC West, and it is unreasonable for us to expect better than Bert.  Another "poor little Arkiesaw" national media jerk.  I guess we should be sopping up that 11-29 SEC record with a biscuit, and just be thankful we got that!

It will be difficult, but I will try to sleep at night despite knowing that Dari Nowkhah is perturbed at us.  This is crushing...absolutely debilitating.

HF#1

Frankly, the same can be said for Bo. He and Bielema are close too. Doing the reality TV show and everything.

Kevin

we should just sit in the corner and accept 11-28
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

welchog

The SEC needs Arkansas to stay down.  Not enough draw for us to succeed.  Keeping BB ensures we stay down which is exactly what they want.

Screw them.

Donny2665

He can kiss our Dari air!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Jimbob111

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 21, 2017, 02:57:26 pm
He's buddies with CBB.  That said, if the next guy comes in and fails and CBB moves in and has success we are going to be in a really bad position.

What? That doesn't even make sense. Hire a good coach, Hogs win. It really is that simple. Arkansas has had success with good coaches and although it hurts me to say it, other than Bielema and Ford, name a bad coach that has been on the hill? Ford was just old and tired I think, without more behind him than in front...

Jack Crowe?
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

HOGKING

Yeah i just got through listening as well. He was basically telling us to know our place. It's frustrating that Bo go's along with all of this.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Thunderhog Jr

Well, I'm "perturbed" With Dari Nowkah and Bo so I guess I win..............
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

HF#1

You could make a stronger case for keeping Houston Nutt than you can Bret Bielema. There isn't a P5 school out there that would accept his 5 year overall and conference records.

jgphillips3

Yeah Dari.  Those double digit win seasons and top ten finishes under Petrino never happened.  2006 never happened.  We didn't play in three title games.  Bielema isn't half the coach Petrino was and, I can't believe I'm saying this, isn't even as good as Nutt.  We will never be Alabama, but neither will any other team in the SEC other than possibly Florida if they get the right coach and get their act together.  We can be every bit as good as everyone else.

pghawg1

Funny thing is when Petrino was here we were winning a lot of football games we don't hear that crap when we r good.

jvanhorn

Quote from: HOGKING on November 21, 2017, 03:04:41 pm
Yeah i just got through listening as well. He was basically telling us to know our place. It's frustrating that Bo go's along with all of this.

LOL, sucker.  What does care Bo care if you are frustrated or not?  All he cares about is you are stupid enough to keep on tuning in and keep his ratings up.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The only national media guy that says arkansas should expect more is paul finebaum, which really suprised me. The other guys on the shoe tried to debate him, but he said "shouldnt we at least strive to be competitive." Gained a little respect for the guy
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jkstock04

Quote from: welchog on November 21, 2017, 03:03:20 pm
The SEC needs Arkansas to stay down.  Not enough draw for us to succeed.  Keeping BB ensures we stay down which is exactly what they want.

Screw them.
It's always interesting to me how when we have coaches that lose the natl media love it to death.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogPharmer

To that, I say BP edited
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Dropkick

If we are making a mistake firing BB let's see how quickly someone snaps him up.

pghawg1

Bo is as big jerk as Dari. I got tired of Bo saying u can't recruit to poor little Arkansas.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Dropkick on November 21, 2017, 03:10:27 pm
If we are making a mistake firing BB let's see how quickly someone snaps him up.

And see how big of a drop off we have next year.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 21, 2017, 03:09:56 pm
It’s always interesting to me how when we have coaches that lose the natl media love it to death.

Of course they do.  Alabama, LSU, and Auburn are the teams that are supposed to compete, get the good bowl invites, and generate the headlines in the SEC West.  Arkansas?  We're just the cute little program that should content itself with Independence, Texas, and occasionally even...gasp...a Belk Bowl.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hogfan14

SooieGeneris

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 21, 2017, 02:57:26 pm

That's a chance we MUST take. What would happen if we caved to BBs pals in the media and and a few huggers and flat earthers, bring him back and get the same kind of results in 2018?

Tell Dari to get over himself and affix his lips back to Bert's ample backside...
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

DenaoStyle

Yea and Billy Donovan thought we had unrealistic expectations when firing Pelphrey.  Who cares what these people outside the program think.

HeathWimp

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 21, 2017, 03:14:05 pm

It's pretty scary to think that we can drop further.  I guess anything is possible.

lawhawg20

Quote from: welchog on November 21, 2017, 03:03:20 pm

Screw them.

SooieGeneris

greasy_corner

Quote from: hogfan14 on November 21, 2017, 03:15:26 pm
Dari is an OU fan so I'm not surprised

Yep, an OU fan that lives off the SEC tit.  He's also the host (or has been multiple times) of the HOGspy's the AD puts on every year to honor the Razorback athletes.  He's in close with Long and CBB.

snf6278

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 21, 2017, 03:17:43 pm
Yea and Billy Donovan thought we had unrealistic expectations when firing Pelphrey.  Who cares what these people outside the program think.
Same with Izzo when we fired Heath and Brando when we fired nutter. It's really unprofessional but not surprising to be honest. They are just sticking up for their buddy is all.

WilsonHog

Dari also said this:

"Gus Malzahn to Arkansas makes sense to me, because Gus is tired of essentially coaching on one-year contracts."

HF#1

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 21, 2017, 03:25:54 pm
Dari also said this:

"Gus Malzahn to Arkansas makes sense to me, because Gus is tired of essentially coaching on one-year contracts."

Yeah, throwing a bone.

jkstock04

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 21, 2017, 03:17:43 pm
Yep, Donavan said that Pelphery was one of the best young coaches in the country...really hammered Arkansas for letting him go. Where's Pelphery coaching at these days?

It's amazing to me these professionals let homer viewpoints cloud actual reality the same as an uneducated or uninformed average fan.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsolutely

I don't really understand the logic of keeping him.  He is going to go down in history as our worst coach we have had in a 5 year span, Or at least dating back to 1 of the wars.  I don't know ANY power 5 school that would tolerate this, an these guys think we should keep him on what account because he is nice to the media.  WHATEVER!! Nice guy or not most every number written down during this tenure is a failure.  Good lord you think Bama would have kept Saban with #'s like these.  TA&M's coach blows our #'s out of the water, an there is a strong chance he is gone.   

SooieGeneris

November 21, 2017, 03:27:58 pm #44 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:46:22 pm by SooieGeneris
Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 03:07:15 pm
Yeah Dari.  Those double digit win seasons and top ten finishes under Petrino never happened.  2006 never happened.  We didn't play in three title games.  Bielema isn't half the coach Petrino was and, I can't believe I'm saying this, isn't even as good as Nutt.  We will never be Alabama, but neither will any other team in the SEC other than possibly Florida if they get the right coach and get their act together.  We can be every bit as good as everyone else.

I never would have said Hooty was better until this season, but there's nothing like an SEC record of 11-28, likely about to be 11-29, to bring it into perspective.

Hooten's detractors, even Petrino's, cited the SEC record of a little north of .500 as evidence of their mediocrity. Then, there's Bert with his glowing SEC pct. of .282...

Anywhere else and the media poobahs would be leading the charge to fire the guy.

Put this into your crackpipe and smoke it Dari! 5 of those SEC wins, just under half, came in 2015, with Pittman as O Line coach and Brandon Allen, Hunter Henry, Alex Collins and others in the NFL and most playing.

Other than the aberration of the 5-3 SEC record that year, Bert is 6-23. 0-8 in '13, 2-6 in '14, 5-3 in '15, 3-5 last year and this year's sterling 1-6.

That team in '13 that was supposedly so destitute had Trey Flowers, Darius Philon, Deatrich Wise Jr, Jonathan Williams, Keon Hatcher, Alex Collins, Brandon Allen, Hunter Henry and several others whose name dot NFL rosters and practice squads.

I realize a few of those names were frosh at the time or sophs, but a lot of players were on that team that was a little over a year removed from the AP Top 10 before John Loser Smith sank the ship also.

We were sold a bill of goods over how bad the talent level supposedly was, it was the coaching or lack of coaching that was so bad in 2012. 18-22 year olds are much more
resilient than to take 2-3 years to recover from adversity.

A lot of bad stuff went on at Miami. Do you think the U's talent level has increased that much since Richt took over? I don't! The problem was they had a coach who had some success at Temple but was a terrible fit there!

Baylor basketball had a player take a teammate out and shoot him to death and it didn't take 5-6 years to win again, nothing here happened anywhere near that bad.

Calvin Swine

Bo's just going down his list of BB friends and asking them to come on his show to give their opinion, that (by the way) just so happens to coincide with Bo's opinions. 

snoblind

Quote from: Dropkick on November 21, 2017, 03:10:27 pm

This.  The argument made by some for keeping him was/is all the open jobs.  So if BB fired on Saturday the he ought to have a job by end of the year. 

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 21, 2017, 03:14:05 pm

As a rule I avoid the prediction threads.  Without even knowing who the coach will be I will go on record that we will be better than the 4 wins this year.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 03:00:02 pm
I'm sure there is a good chance he will end up in a TV booth or on a TV set after his departure. At least for a year.

I can see it now....the Booger & Bert Show! 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

LZH

I thought that he was a Hog fan.....I really did.

jkstock04

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 21, 2017, 03:27:58 pm
I never would have said Hooty was better until this season, but there's nothing like an SEC record of 11-28, likely about to be 11-29, to bring it into perspective.

Hooten's detractors, even Petrino's, cited the SEC record of a little north of .500 as evidence of their mediocrity. Then, there's Bert with his glowing SEC pct. of .282...

Anywhere else and the media poobahs would be leading the charge to fire the guy.
Houston Nutt is easily a better coach than Bielema. I was anti Nutt during his time here but he was obviously a better fit for this job than Bielema.

The Bielema "awesome coach/nice guy, just didn't work out because Arkansas sucks" mantra the homers are still trying to push sucks massively and I hope it goes away with Bielema.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys