Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should be LSU

Started by geauxhawgs, November 21, 2017, 01:17:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geauxhawgs

another Jeff Long fail....Thanksgiving SHOULD BE LSU WEEK in Little Rock! He wasn't able to keep the game where it belongs, because as usual, he had NO GUTS and was WAY out of touch with the majority of the fan base. Instead- he tried shoving a "rivalry" down our throat and we are stuck with a game that has ZERO tradition or meaning to our fan base. Mark my words, it will be the least attended and least watched game in Razorback football history. Some rivalry I tell ya :puke:

#BRINGBACKLSU!

Seebs

It was more LSU methinks. Either way - until something changes we simply lose to them earlier.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

IronHog

That was TV

Now they have two bad games instead of one good one 🙄
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HF#1

The league catered to LSU.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Quote from: geauxhawgs on November 21, 2017, 01:17:17 pm
another Jeff Long fail....Thanksgiving SHOULD BE LSU WEEK in Little Rock! He wasn't able to keep the game where it belongs, because as usual, he had NO GUTS and was WAY out of touch with the majority of the fan base. Instead- he tried shoving a "rivalry" down our throat and we are stuck with a game that has ZERO tradition or meaning to our fan base. Mark my words, it will be the least attended and least watched game in Razorback football history. Some rivalry I tell ya :puke:

#BRINGBACKLSU!

Oh boo hoo. Apparently hog fans can not get excited for games unless they are played on specific days. You can still go to the golf course and get drunk this weekend, since thats all most "fans' of LR games really care about anyway. Getting a handout from the Hogs and getting drunk on the golf course.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jgphillips3

It was more Texas A&M than LSU, leveraging their position to get that game since they were losing the Texas game.

Tim Harris

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 01:19:48 pm
The league catered to LSU.

Get out of here with any option that doesn't involve blaming that carpetbagging yankee.....

Signed,

The loud minority of Hogville

hogfan98

I'll never understand why Razorback fans need to constantly manufacture things to be upset about when reality is upsetting enough.

hoggusamoungus

I wish it hadn't changed but the SEC wanted LSU/A&M on Thanksgiving weekend and Mike Slive > Jeff Long.

As for attendance, I remember going to the 1997 LSU game at WMS.  Cold and rainy and the Ford era ending.  I think announced attendance was 22,000+, which means it was probably 15-17,000. 

cjack

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2017, 01:20:46 pm
Oh boo hoo. Apparently hog fans can not get excited for games unless they are played on specific days. You can still go to the golf course and get drunk this weekend, since thats all most "fans' of LR games really care about anyway. Getting a handout from the Hogs and getting drunk on the golf course.

You think?  Have you ever been? Or is that what most "fans" tell you when they report in?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

HF#1

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 21, 2017, 01:22:01 pm
Get out of here with any options that doesn't involve blaming that carpetbagging yankee.....

Signed,

Well, some things are what they are. LSU got what they asked for because of who they are.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Tim Harris

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 01:23:38 pm
Well, some things are what they are. LSU got what they asked for because of who they are.

I 100% agree that won't stop some from blaming it on Long.  They have the opinion that everything is his fault

007 License To Squeal

Why do you (and a few others) ALWAYS turn a post into a smear of the fans?  The post was about the way Long mishandled the LSU tradition.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogsanity

Quote from: hogfan98 on November 21, 2017, 01:22:41 pm
I'll never understand why Razorback fans need to constantly manufacture things to be upset about when reality is upsetting enough.

to escape reality. Reality is the UofA has no pull in the SEC. LSu and/or A&M said " hey we want to play each other on Friday after Thanksgiving" and the SEC, said " Sure ". But, to admit that means to admit the Hogs have no power. So, in order to think they are supporting a school that has power, they make up the excuse that Long did in the LSu after Thanksgiving game for some nefarious reason.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

247Hog

How about we just start kicking Missouri's ass every year on National Television and enjoy it instead of bitching about us not playing LSU any longer?
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hogsanity

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 21, 2017, 01:25:01 pm
Why do you (and a few others) ALWAYS turn a post into a smear of the fans?  The post was about the way Long mishandled the LSU tradition.

Because he did not mis-handle anything. The sec decided they would rather feature LSU/A&M in that slot. Just like a few years before the moved the LSU game to SAT for 2 years so they could show Bama/AUb on Friday.

HF#1

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 21, 2017, 01:24:08 pm
I 100% agree that won't stop some from blaming it on Long.  They have the opinion that everything is his fault

Longs biggest mistakes happened in the last year or two, really the last 6-9 months. Before that, it was a bunch of little things that wouldn't have gotten him fired.

NuttinItUp

LSU and Texas A&M are more powerful than Arkansas. Unfortunately.

cjack

It's either the fans are terrible/ we're poor lil ole Arky and can't recruit / we've finished a season ranked in the top 25 just 5 times since joining the SEC/ or our high schools aren't good enough to make a decent football player. 

I'm thinking some of those are copied to a clipboard, just waiting on the next time to paste into the newest thread.

Woooo Pig Soooie!

hogsanity

Quote from: cjack on November 21, 2017, 01:30:46 pm
It's either the fans are terrible/ we're poor lil ole Arky and can't recruit / we've finished a season ranked in the top 25 just 5 times since joining the SEC/ or our high schools aren't good enough to make a decent football player. 

I'm thinking some of those are copied to a clipboard, just waiting on the next time to paste into the newest thread.

actually, in the case of the LSu game moving, it was none of those. As someone else posted above, LSU and A&M just ave more pull in the sec.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hogsanity on November 21, 2017, 01:34:41 pm
actually, in the case of the LSu game moving, it was none of those. As someone else posted above, LSU and A&M just ave more pull in the sec.

Thanks to Long and his attempt to fit a square peg in a round hole.....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hogsanity

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 21, 2017, 01:36:41 pm
Thanks to Long and his attempt to fit a square peg in a round hole.....

Has nothing to do with that at all. Remember, they moved the game to Saturday in 09 and 10 when BP was here. What it has to do with is the SEC was happy with it on Friday UNLESS they could find a better game with 2 more highly watched teams to put there.

IronHog

TV has more pull than anyone......they dictated the change

Missouri vs aTm woulda been a Big12 game....nobody watches those

cjack

This was your original post in this thread.  You only mentioned the "fans"

Woooo Pig Soooie!

Hog Fan...DOH!

Jeff Long did great with that situation.  He got the scheduling such that LSU played Bama before playing us. 

majp51

#BRINGBACKLSU!

Look I am not a JL fan, but about the only thing you could possibly blame him for would be communicating that he did all he could but lost anyway.

The SEC liked LSU vs. A&M as a better money maker, and nothing you could do to keep it unless LSU had also fought for it. And quite frankly LSU either didn't care about the "rivalry" or liked whatever incentives the SEC offered better, and so it was Arkansas fighting alone for the game.

Honestly I don't think Long could have done anything to keep this game on the day after Thanksgiving.

NaturalStateReb

#BRINGBACKLSU!

Long couldn't stand in the way of that train.  The league office wanted A&M/LSU on the last weekend because there are more eyeballs in Texas than in Arkansas.  It's that simple.  Long did just about the best anyone could do with that, and I don't really blame him for it.  In the battle between Jeff Long or anyone else in Arkansas versus Mike Slive, Mike Slive's going to win every time.  It's just a fact of the universe.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DoctorSusscrofa

The purpose of this thread is to hate on Long. Facts don't matter.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Kevin

long was a company man when it came to sec issues
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Get out of here with any option that doesn't involve blaming that carpetbagging yankee.....

Signed,

You had a good run from 1861-1864. Not enough depth for your team to win though.

cjack

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 21, 2017, 01:46:57 pm
Long couldn't stand in the way of that train.  The league office wanted A&M/LSU on the last weekend because there are more eyeballs in Texas than in Arkansas.  It's that simple.  Long did just about the best anyone could do with that, and I don't really blame him for it.  In the battle between Jeff Long or anyone else in Arkansas versus Mike Slive, Mike Slive's going to win every time.  It's just a fact of the universe.

Absolutely correct.  I don't blame Long at all for us losing the day after Thanksgiving game with LSU.  I don't think he had any idea we liked it that way, and I don't think he cared what we (fans) like but losing that date to A&M was a TV move.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hogginbama

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 01:21:20 pm
It was more Texas A&M than LSU, leveraging their position to get that game since they were losing the Texas game.

Think this was one of the promises made to A&M to get them to join the conference? Wouldn't have been able to be done immediately, just had to wait a year or two to be fulfilled.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

The Boar War

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 01:21:20 pm

As well as Missouri losing the end of season KU game.  Out of the four teams we were the only ones who wanted to keep the game on that date.  One on three usually doesn't work in the SEC (unless you're Alabama).

saintchristopher

Quote from: 247Hog on November 21, 2017, 01:25:15 pm
How about we just start kicking Missouri's ass every year on National Television and enjoy it instead of bitching about us not playing LSU any longer?

THIS!

Atlhogfan1

#BRINGBACKLSU!

One of the ways the SEC lured A&M.

Long did well in the negotiation since we had no choice but to change.  We managed to get LSU the week after they play Bama as a concession. 

I wish Mizzou would go back to the B12. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HogRyder

Signed,

Let's discuss Curles still calling a Razorback football game.

IronHog

Quote from: hogginbama on November 21, 2017, 01:50:14 pm
Think this was one of the promises made to A&M to get them to join the conference? Wouldn't have been able to be done immediately, just had to wait a year or two to be fulfilled.

Only an Aggie would want to get their teeth kicked in yearly on Thanksgiving

HogPharmer

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on November 21, 2017, 01:44:35 pm
Jeff Long did great with that situation.  He got the scheduling such that LSU played Bama before playing us.

Get out of here with that glass-half-full bull shite
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Tim Harris

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 21, 2017, 01:48:33 pm
The purpose of this thread is to hate on Long. Facts don’t matter.

Exactly.  Should have just started the thread out by saying I hate Jeff Long

IronHog

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 21, 2017, 02:46:47 pm
Exactly.  Should have just started the thread out by saying I hate Jeff Long

Fire somebody!

SpaCityHawg

#BRINGBACKLSU!

Maybe we should fire Long....again?

tolerati

November 21, 2017, 03:07:02 pm #41 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:40:47 pm by tolerati
We can't even beat Missouri on a regular basis so why worry about playing LSU this week. The Hogs need to start beating Missouri on a regular basis first, get a winning record in the series ...   If people want Arkansas to play LSU again on the Friday after Thanksgiving then the Hogs need to be a team that contends in the SEC W.  That makes an Arkansas-LSU match-up much more appealing to the TV powers that be.  Or as Al Davis used to say, "Just Win Baby!"
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

justmakeit2thebcs

#BRINGBACKLSU!
Why didn't Jeff Long hire Houston Nutt instead of Odom as Mizzu football coach?  Because it wasn't his decision to make.  JL had no choice but to accept what TV networks, the SEC and LSU wanted.  BTW, he didn't chose Pepsi either.  Are some of you that out of touch or just trolls ?

HogRyder

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on November 21, 2017, 03:31:49 pm
Why didn't Jeff Long hire Houston Nutt instead of Odom as Mizzu football coach?  Because it wasn't his decision to make.  JL had no choice but to accept what TV networks, the SEC and LSU wanted.  BTW, he didn't chose Pepsi either.  Are some of you that out of touch or just trolls ?

So no need in paying an AD a million bucks a year.

Hawg414

hogsanity is the king of taking one individual's comment and running with it and portraying it as the pulse of the entire razorback nation.

Cambridge Hog

Losing LSU after Thanksgiving is due to our program circling the drain the last few years. The SEC isn't dumb and found a better matchup.

Just WIN

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on November 21, 2017, 03:53:56 pm
Losing LSU after Thanksgiving is due to our program circling the drain the last few years. The SEC isn't dumb and found a better matchup.

Just WIN

No. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.