Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Not the BOT's Job to Comment

Started by Porked Tongue, November 21, 2017, 12:56:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 10:54:40 pm
Glad to see that you have crawled out of that deep, dark cave you have been in lately...

Clean yourself up, shave because we gonna be letting Bret go soon my friend....

PRJ
lol, You funny...Can't wait till next year and after the first loss you guys will be calling to fire the coach. All I ever stated was to let the season play out instead of ruining it and griping after every game, even wins. I actually could stand the losses and coaching change but it's the constant whining that got to me. I mean how many times and in so many ways can you repeat the same stuff, time and time again.  I support ALL the UofA coaches as long as they were here and will do so in the future until they are no longer here. I don't get into name calling and insults but if that's how you roll more power to you.

Now I'll let you get back to complaining about the BOT..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 11:17:01 pm
lol, You funny...Can't wait till next year and after the first loss you guys will be calling to fire the coach. All I ever stated was to let the season play out instead of ruining it and griping after every game, even wins. I actually could stand the losses and coaching change but it's the constant whining that got to me. I mean how many times and in so many ways can you repeat the same stuff, time and time again.  I support ALL the UofA coaches as long as they were here and will do so in the future until they are no longer here. I don't get into name calling and insults but if that's how you roll more power to you.

I didn't call you any names...except friend. I didn't call you son or child....

But I will say, Bret was never the right fit, he never had the skills.to coach in the SEC. It was a joke hire hired by a joke of an AD who systematically wanted to change the culture around here. That is not how things are done here....traps were layed, Jeff fell in them, and is unemployed. To most people, accomplishments earn you the title of great this or great that...not from firings and being on some committee.

And Bret came here and never got off the ground. I mean never even lifted up. Sent love letters and 2 dozen roses and fell into a honey hole....and couldn't coach a lick.

It happens. And it stops.

PRJ

Oklahawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 11:24:12 pm

But I will say, Bret was never the right fit, he never had the skills.to coach in the SEC. It was a joke hire hired by a joke of an AD who systematically wanted to change the culture around here. That is not how things are done here....traps were layed, Jeff fell in them, and is unemployed. To most people, accomplishments earn you the title of great this or great that...not from firings and being on some committee.

And Bret came here and never got off the ground. I mean never even lifted up. Sent love letters and 2 dozen roses and fell into a honey hole....and couldn't coach a lick.

PRJ

Or, he had the corner turned - back-to-back shutouts vs Ole Miss and LSU - but failed to hold together a staff and recruits to build on that formula. Begin lateral shifts that couldn't be executed in one off-season and the snowball started down the hill.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 21, 2017, 11:38:49 pm
Or, he had the corner turned - back-to-back shutouts vs Ole Miss and LSU - but failed to hold together a staff and recruits to build on that formula. Begin lateral shifts that couldn't be executed in one off-season and the snowball started down the hill.

I mean, I am not trying to argue at all with you but Ole Miss was ravaged with injuries and ole Miss will always Ole Miss and LSU had a dude who chewed his cud...

I just think he was in over his head from day 1. I will concede losing Pittman hurt. Losing Partridge in year 2 hurt.

PRJ

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 11:24:12 pm

PRJ
I never said you insulted me..sorry if you took it that way. But like Oklahawg said there were promising moments like the one's he mentioned and playing Bama to the wire in Fayetteville. I also disagree that he wasn't a fit here because most everyone liked him except a few. He just needed to win more. People who never give anyone a chance sometimes hope for failure so they can say they were right. Whoever the next coach is (Gus) will start out with part of the fan base against him but I won't be one of those. I'll want him to succeed beyond my tempered expectations because I never think will never go undefeated but if we do I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 11:45:32 pm
I mean, I am not trying to argue at all with you but Ole Miss was ravaged with injuries and ole Miss will always Ole Miss and LSU had a dude who chewed his cud...

I just think he was in over his head from day 1. I will concede losing Pittman hurt. Losing Partridge in year 2 hurt.

PRJ
Why is it that you excuse our wins but never our losses?