Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's Not the BOT's Job to Comment

Started by Porked Tongue, November 21, 2017, 12:56:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

The BOT members have no right or business giving interviews on anything connected to hiring at the UA.  It's not their job and not their place to comment.

We all know things go on behind the scenes but that is what is the way it's supposed to happen.

The BOT needs to hush and let the process they started develop as it should.

HF#1

Are you going to reply to the message I sent?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 21, 2017, 12:56:57 pm
The BOT members have no right or business giving interviews on anything connected to hiring at the UA.  It's not their job and not their place to comment.

We all know things go on behind the scenes but that is what is the way it's supposed to happen.

Maybe the person that leaked was a little too giddy about the GOBN getting the band back together again.  I agree though. You'd think someone on a board would have enough "with it-ness" to know when to STFU. Then again, that's what I get for thinkin.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 01:03:09 pm
Are you going to reply to the message I sent?

I'm Porked's agent. You'll need to go through me.

Sincerely,

Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head
Agent
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

311Hog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 01:06:08 pm

Sincerely,

Agent

one word retainer, RE Tainer....

HF#1

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 01:06:08 pm

Sincerely,

Agent

Just trying to compare notes, that's all.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 01:09:31 pm
Just trying to compare notes, that's all.

Same here, while also acting like an agent. :D

onebadrubi

What's it matter?  They leaked it, whoever it was, for a reason or angle for themselves.  I have my thought why, but you more then Likely know why.  I'd guess a ploy to apply pressure in a certain way or manner, remove said pressure, or glory

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2017, 01:34:54 pm
What's it matter?  They leaked it, whoever it was, for a reason or angle for themselves.  I have my thought why, but you more then Likely know why.  I'd guess a ploy to apply pressure in a certain way or manner, remove said pressure, or glory

I don't get it.  It's not like any of the "leak" is a surprise...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

moses_007

One BOT member obviously can't keep his mouth shut, leaked to a reporter that Bielema is for sure gone.  Don't know which member it was.  Said he wished to remain anonymous.

HF#1

Quote from: moses_007 on November 21, 2017, 01:39:15 pm
One BOT member obviously can't keep his mouth shut, leaked to a reporter that Bielema is for sure gone.  Don't know which member it was.  Said he wished to remain anonymous.

Doesn't mean his information was true. It was basically a "nothing to see here" comment.

onebadrubi

It also doesn't mean it's true.  When PTB have problems with the article is when they themselves prove it was true

Justifiable Hogicide

lstewart

The entire situation seems very unusual. I don't think the BOT normally is anywhere near as involved in these type situations as we are at least being lead to believe at this point. Probably not a great situation if this is really the case. Or maybe they have been in the past, but they did a better job of doing it discretely.

Rocket23

They are just like you and me, only they have money and have supported the particular governor that was residing in Little Rock when the spot on the BOT opened up.  They like to gossip and impress friends like we sometimes do and some hold grudges and carry vendettas against others when they are spurned.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

311Hog

Athog

Yeah well no shock here nobody knows!!

porkrindjimmy

The BOT isn't running this show. Money is running it. Money will be making this hire and the coaches hire. All the BOT will do is approve the contracts.

Jeff ran afoul of the BOT on some issues...played right into the money's hands.

That is how this is going to work out.

The GOBN will make all hires.

PRJ

cosmodrum

Quote from: 311Hog on November 21, 2017, 05:01:34 pm
yeah you, i dunno what your reputation is....

Your situation would be concurrently improved if I had $200 in my pocket
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 05:05:15 pm
The BOT isn't running this show. Money is running it. Money will be making this hire and the coaches hire. All the BOT will do is approve the contracts.

PRJ

Yay.
Go away, batin'

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 21, 2017, 05:08:39 pm
Yay.

Just pray the stars don't align and the moon is full and we end up with Skip Holtz...

PRJ

hog911

I don't think it required a leak from the BOT to know Bielema's fate. It's simple if you want an empty stadium next year keep Bielema!

porkrindjimmy

Also...I believe the name that Porked is hearing was correct.

But there is so much info flowing from a whole lot of directions and from one corner I hear we were turned down.

But Porked was hearing correct.

PRJ

onebadrubi

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 05:11:07 pm
Just pray the stars don't align and the moon is full and we end up with Skip Holtz...

PRJ

No way this is happening. Really makes me discredit all of your post.

swineology

PRJ

All hell will break loose

I'll sit back and watch them make to bad hires in a row

cosmodrum

PRJ

There are money people that want Skip? What in the world for?
Go away, batin'

ricepig

PRJ

Talk about an empty stadium....

onebadrubi

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 21, 2017, 05:29:55 pm

got to be a troll job...

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Dark Helmet Hog

Off the record so it didn't happen.

HoggyCat

PRJ

Always has, everywhere.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rhames

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 21, 2017, 05:16:57 pm
Also...I believe the name that Porked is hearing was correct.

But there is so much info flowing from a whole lot of directions and from one corner I hear we were turned down.

But Porked was hearing correct.

PRJ

Would be extremely silly to offer that job and not know if it would be accepted
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

AlmaHog2011

Big freakin deal..Anybody with a brain had to know Beilema could not be brought back. Only and idiot didn't know he was gone. Ooops I guess Long thought he was going to bring him back...Happy people who care about Arkansas.

Hogs-n-Roses

The Bot did its job,better late than never.    check
Plan in place for a new and bright future      check
Total destruction averted, although we've fallen further than most reasonable fans would have ever imagined possible.
Whiny Jeffie lovers spreading disinformation check         who cares!
How anyone could look at what we have on the field right now and find fault is stunning. Jeffie did more to destroy our school than anyone in its history.
So in answer to the Title. Yes its not their job to comment. Just take appropriate actions. And Thank you to all of them.

Was it Roy Clark? "Thank God and Greyhound he's gone" Great time to be a Hog!

Scott7703

PRJ

He's so far down the list it will be a disaster if it gets to him.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 21, 2017, 07:26:39 pm

Its not going to be a disaster. That's what we ve had for the last few years.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 21, 2017, 07:26:39 pm

He can't even be on the list.  If you are scraping this part of the barrel you must get an up and comer with at least some hope to him coming. 

I think PRJ is just having some fun and wanting to create a stir.  No way that name is being mentioned

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2017, 07:44:12 pm
He can't even be on the list.  If you are scraping this part of the barrel you must get an up and comer with at least some hope to him coming. 

I think PRJ is just having some fun and wanting to create a stir.  No way that name is being mentioned
I guarantee the Tim Horton name he was mentioning in the beginning was being thrown around so I'd believe him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 21, 2017, 07:49:57 pm
I guarantee the Tim Horton name he was mentioning in the beginning was being thrown around so I'd believe him.

I'd put him one notch above skip.  I again highly doubt Horton was even viewed as an option... yet. 

You don't start with option Y guys.  You have to swing and miss first

Danimal

;)
Quote from: cosmodrum on November 21, 2017, 05:29:55 pm
They were probably buddies with his dad back in the day.. And we thought the Bobby/Brandon/Austin Allen conspiracy was bad....   ;)

porkrindjimmy

November 21, 2017, 08:15:02 pm #41 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:26:31 pm by porkrindjimmy
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2017, 07:54:57 pm

I'd put him one notch above skip.  I again highly doubt Horton was even viewed as an option... yet. 

You don't start with option Y guys.  You have to swing and miss first

You can put whoever one notch ahead of the other.

The fact is, starting out there were some guys who wanted Tim Horton. Secondly, there are a couple of guys who think if we strike out on our #1 target that think Skip Holtz ought to get consideration. I don't agree with it. It would be a Disaster but I ain't exactly clamoring for their first target either.

When you get several guys who got money involved in a decision, well, some of them have more money than brains.

PRJ

b-ball coach

The money from Little Rock wants Gus.. that money is leading the discussions right now. If Gus says no, it's truly wide open, but hopefully no Skip!

jneal56

Whose job is it?
"At least we are moral"

Tortfeasor

This could get ugly, real ugly. Not saying CBB needs or should stay, but I hope we can hire someone better than the one being let go. If not, it's a complete fail and will take years to crawl out from.

moses_007

November 21, 2017, 09:38:52 pm #45 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:08:55 pm by moses_007
nm

HoggyCat

I wonder if it's tbe same one that told me Long was going to be fired, threee Weeks before it happened......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

mckinneyhog5

Yeah BOT! It's hogville posters job to comment on leaks! Jeezee
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 21, 2017, 10:37:08 pm
Yeah BOT! It's hogville posters job to comment on leaks! Jeezee

Glad to see that you have crawled out of that deep, dark cave you have been in lately...

Clean yourself up, shave because we gonna be letting Bret go soon my friend....

PRJ

moses_007

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 21, 2017, 10:30:00 pm
I wonder if it's tbe same one that told me Long was going to be fired, threee Weeks before it happened......
Probably was the same guy.