Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday's Fly Over

Started by Junkyard Hog, November 21, 2017, 09:45:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkyard Hog

Did anybody else notice how low the helicopters were? 

From my vantage point it looked like one of the helicopters had to pull up at the last minute to make it over the scoreboard! 

HuntsvilleHawgFan

As gusty as the wind was, I was surprised they were flying at all.  Looked like they cleared the north endzone  scoreboard by 15 feet.

Hog Fan...DOH!

woodrow hog call

Would be cool if they hovered over the 50 and had a few guys hot rope in with the game ball.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

HF#1

Quote from: woodrow hog call on November 21, 2017, 09:52:24 am
Would be cool if they hovered over the 50 and had a few guys hot rope in with the game ball.

And offer free haircuts.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

EastexHawg

I bet they have done it before.

Grag T

Saw a stealth bomber fly over the stadium for an air force game once, man those things are baaaaaaaaaad aaaaaaaaaaass
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Grag T on November 21, 2017, 09:56:01 am
Saw a stealth bomber fly over the stadium for an air force game once, man those things are baaaaaaaaaad aaaaaaaaaaass

They're nice, but give me a BUFF every time....lol
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Sooiepride

Quote from: Grag T on November 21, 2017, 09:56:01 am

I saw that one too.  May have been the same game.  When they announced the name of the pilot over the stadium loudspeaker, I realized that my old drinking buddy from AFROTC at UA was now the aircraft commander in a B-2.  :o
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

slappy

...or Sting with a baseball bat

Junkyard Hog

The time the stealth flew over I was amazed at how slow it was going.

_Hamlet_

Yeah, put a military helicopter in the middle of 30K-70K fans and hope nothing goes wrong. Good idea.

HF#1

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 21, 2017, 10:15:29 am
Yeah, put a military helicopter in the middle of 30K-70K fans and hope nothing goes wrong. Good idea.

Like I said, free haircuts.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

snf6278

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 21, 2017, 10:04:28 am
They're nice, but give me a BUFF every time....lol
Worked on them for six years. Greatest job I'll ever have!

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Hogwarrior

In that wind?  Thank God they didn't try it!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on November 21, 2017, 09:45:23 am

From my vantage point it looked like one of the helicopters had to pull up at the last minute to make it over the scoreboard! 

We all thought the same thing! 
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Uncommon

Lmao.  Yes that last one looked like it was close to hitting it.  Talk about the cherry on top of the sundae of this abysmal season if he were to have hit it.  I would've just cackled laughing if it happened, assuming no one was injured of course.

pigz

It did look pretty close to the board
You guys have a good time frig dancing

Boardon Hamsay

Meh, it's not like we're asking them to do a 4G inverted dive with a MiG28.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

SemperHawg

You should see them time up the distance of sea state with the fluctuating height of the deck of and LHD carrier so Marines can fast rope onto said deck... Even better be one of the Marines fast roping out of that thing.

cjack

You've never been to a high school game with a helicopter landing on the field?  I'm thinking if the local emt pilot can do it, a military pilot can also.  It does get very windy when they get inside the "bowl"
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Seebs

I understand Herb Tarlek was dropping turkeys from them whilst drinking from his Razorback mug.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Seebs on November 21, 2017, 01:22:17 pm
I understand Herb Tarlek was dropping turkeys from them whilst drinking from his Razorback mug.

"Oh, the humanity!"

Thunderhog Jr

November 21, 2017, 01:31:31 pm #24 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:15:45 am by Thunderhog Jr
I figured they'd be flying in
"The Missing Man" formation in tribute to Jeff..............
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: cjack on November 21, 2017, 01:21:03 pm
You've never been to a high school game with a helicopter landing on the field?  I'm thinking if the local emt pilot can do it, a military pilot can also.  It does get very windy when they get inside the "bowl"

Landing and approaching to an OGE hover inside a stadium bowl are two entirely different things.

The Army would never accept the risk.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

welchog

How about delivering BB his pink slip!

cjack

Quote from: The Chief on November 21, 2017, 01:42:48 pm
Landing and approaching to an OGE hover inside a stadium bowl are two entirely different things.

The Army would never accept the risk.

I definitely don't know a thing about helicopters so I appreciate the insight.  I've been to a few big high school games where the game ball was brought in by helicopter, but they didn't hover and drop ropes like was stated earlier.  They landed on the 50 and walked out with the ball. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

EastexHawg

November 21, 2017, 01:46:48 pm #28 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:16:12 am by Thunderhog Jr
Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on November 21, 2017, 01:31:31 pm
I figured they'd be flying in
"The Missing Man" formation in tribute to Jeff..............

Hilarious.

welchog

Quote from: cjack on November 21, 2017, 01:46:16 pm
I definitely don't know a thing about helicopters so I appreciate the insight.  I've been to a few big high school games where the game ball was brought in by helicopter, but they didn't hover and drop ropes like was stated earlier.  They landed on the 50 and walked out with the ball. 

Ok so land at the 50 and deliver BB his pink slip.

Cambridge Hog

Oh, I was expecting a thread about a banner.....carry on...

jkstock04

I like the flyovers but we always lose the game when we do them.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

factchecker

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 21, 2017, 03:57:58 pm
I like the flyovers but we always lose the game when we do them.

Not always.

We had a flyover vs. New Mexico State this season.

We had flyovers vs. Ole Miss and Texas State last season:

Here is the aerial view of the Arkansas National Guard Flyover prior to Texas State:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cjack

Quote from: factchecker on November 21, 2017, 04:09:56 pm
Not always.

Here is the aerial view of the Arkansas National Guard Flyover prior to Texas State:

Nice.  WPS!
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Donny2665

Here was from a friend in high places.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

SemperHawg

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 21, 2017, 04:17:24 pm
Dude your friend in high places was must have froze his butt off... I remember thinking at halftime this place is only half full at best... they should let all of the people in the upper deck come sit down lower and get out of that wind.

factchecker

Flyover video from this past weekend:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Donny2665

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 21, 2017, 04:19:12 pm
Dude your friend in high places was must have froze his butt off... I remember thinking at halftime this place is only half full at best... they should let all of the people in the upper deck come sit down lower and get out of that wind.
They did, my seats are in the south end zone 11 rows up, and it was cold enough there.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

jkstock04

Quote from: factchecker on November 21, 2017, 04:09:56 pm
Not always.

Cool video! I guess the big games stick out the most in memory. Someone above talked about a stealth bomber at an Air Force game....I remember we had that as well (I may be mistaken on the specific game) for the Bama game in '10.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Donny2665

this was from a friend that works at the U of A.

Donny2665

Quote from: factchecker on November 21, 2017, 04:19:59 pm
Flyover video from this past weekend:

what section are you, you had to be real close to me.

_Hamlet_

I always pull in the last minute.

_Hamlet_

Quote from: cjack on November 21, 2017, 01:21:03 pm

Im not saying they couldn't do it - pilots land on hospitals, boats, and about everything inbetween.  Im just staying, don't think its the safest idea to float above 50K people packed into an area just over 100m. Seems if something went wrong, it would be costly.

factchecker

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 21, 2017, 04:24:17 pm
what section are you, you had to be real close to me.

Not my video.  That is the SW Times recording.

I'm in the SOC.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Donny2665 on November 21, 2017, 04:17:24 pm

Sad there are more helicopters in the air than fans in the stands. Had to of been hard for CBB to run onto the field seeing the stands. "Crap, I'm going to lose equity in my new home!"  8)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

IronHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 12:54:10 pm

I've got a great poleroid of it somewhere......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Sooiepride

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 21, 2017, 12:54:10 pm

Easy there Mav. Made me laugh there. 😂
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

LZH

Surprisingly they didn't drop a few smart bombs on the NEZ project.

Smalltownhog95

[/quote]
Now i have to go listen to Danger Zone
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!