Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

52 - 14

Started by Nosboar Accubond, November 21, 2017, 08:55:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

d3maybe

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on November 21, 2017, 09:18:38 am
Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

For the next few days, keep your focus on feeling sorry for CBB, and feel free to join in on the hug-fest.

I'm not letting facts get in the way, but I will join the "hug fest" so to speak... I truly wanted him to be successful here and I'm sorry he wasn't... It seemed when he first got her he fit perfectly, I think he really bought into all things Arkansas... but he didn't pan out, so we move on... that doesn't mean we have to a-holes about it. He didn't have some covert scheme to ruin Arkansas football even though someday's you had to scratch you head  ???... The Hogs are getting a new coach... awesome... no need for the animosity and hatred.

redhogchilipepper

Past is the past winning  games let's you stay employed losing games gets you walking papers simple as that. If we fail at our job we get canned  and that's it. We shouldn't have to pay a buy out either here ya go coach you sucked at your job here's 10 million

DLUXHOG

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on November 21, 2017, 10:59:51 am
Past is the past winning  games let's you stay employed losing games gets you walking papers simple as that. If we fail at our job we get canned  and that's it. We shouldn't have to pay a buy out either here ya go coach you sucked at your job here's 10 million

Guess you don't understand the meaning of honoring a legal, binding contract...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

redhogchilipepper

Reach around there sally and pull your drawers out ur crack

EastexHawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:18:57 am
What is their Rose Bowl record since he left?  Just curious.

They've won just as many without him as they did with him.

Maybe Urban Meyer will go back to Florida, Ohio State will go on probation again so that even at 12-0 they are ineligible, or Penn State will have another coach rape boys in the shower.  That should help Wisconsin get to Pasadena.

BadgerMark

Hello from chilly Wisconsin!

I've been a lurker ever since Bret bolted from Badgerland.

Let me give you more information on Brett's time in Madison.  Prior to Brett being married, he was basically a drunken frat boy that got a free pass because he was the HC.  Many eyewitnesses of him being drunk, destructive and hitting on coeds.  His sexually adventures were well known by many Badger fans.  We tolerated him because he was carrying on what Barry started. 

Brett claimed when he left he couldn't keep assistants.  Maybe that's true but there was friction when he took over from the hold over assistants.  Barry kept things in line between assistants and BB.  Barry was the puppet master and BB was the figure head.  The success BB garnered was because he had assistants like Chryst and Doeren who knew how to coach and scheme.

Two reason BB left for Arkansas was to go build and run his own program and Jen.  She didn't like to hear about BB's pre-marital adventures.

A good source for more information on BB can be found on Buckyville.com.  Check out the thread titled, "When will Jabba be Fired"  Yes, he has many nicknames over there like Jabba, Bert, Meathead...

Snouty

Man, that Karma's powerful stuff.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 21, 2017, 08:55:15 am
Whisky record since CBB left... I had no idea.

Telling...

Quite a bit better than BB's 1st 5 years there, or the last 5 for that matter.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: jchill on November 21, 2017, 09:56:06 am
Not on CBB's side, but his team beat our team with three future starting NFL running backs.
Thats not a popular point to make here, it dilutes the argument that he's a bad coach when he beats arguably our best team of the sec era.  Another one is Wisconsin's weak schedule.  Most forget our "glory days" from the SWC were paved with similar lesser opponents and only a few big games a year.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: LJHOG on November 21, 2017, 10:32:27 am
and what would his record here be if we were sec east??  now i'm all for a new coach.  but don't act like NW, Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Illinois even remotely compares to the SECw.
Point: His credentials were over inflated due to the program he coached in and their scheduling tendencies... Combine that with the challenges in recruiting to the Hill and you get record lows in the Hog football program.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 21, 2017, 10:48:02 am
Terrible game.  I watched with a lot of Badger fans in Madison, and all of us were exhausted and/or hung over. Anyway, I think UW actually had minus 5 yards rushing in that game.  The other stat that some forget is the penalties:  12 against Arkansas for 123 yards.

I was in the field in the Uijongbu corridor of Korea for that game freezing my azz off after burning my Bradley to the ground due to a bolt the mechanics dropped in the turret sub-floor during services that struck an arc on the turret power cable and caught the fuel cell on fire.

It suuuuuucckkkked real real bad.
This is my non-signature signature.

lamont7906

Coach B was winning in the big 10 when it was down. Michigan is alot better and Penn st is alot better and Ohio St is not under restrictions

jchill

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 21, 2017, 07:10:38 pm
Thats not a popular point to make here, it dilutes the argument that he's a bad coach when he beats arguably our best team of the sec era.  Another one is Wisconsin's weak schedule.  Most forget our "glory days" from the SWC were paved with similar lesser opponents and only a few big games a year.

Yes, the SWC was not very good except for Texas, and sometimes Houston. SMU's run was an aberration as was Baylor's.