Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

52 - 14

Started by Nosboar Accubond, November 21, 2017, 08:55:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

Whisky record since CBB left... I had no idea.

Telling...

Wildhog

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on November 21, 2017, 08:55:15 am

Telling...

Yeah, I posted back in the summer that they hadn't missed a beat since he left, and was widely berated by posters claiming that those coaches were only winning because of Bielema's recruits.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BigE_23

I thought this was your score prediction for Friday's game...would be fitting if it were. Karma, if you will.

DLUXHOG

68-25  + 3 Rose Bowls + 4 other significant bowls Wisconsin record when Bielema was HC there...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

userpick

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 08:56:42 am
Yeah, I posted back in the summer that they hadn't missed a beat since he left, and was widely berated by posters claiming that those coaches were only winning because of Bielema's recruits.

Someone told me you said Petrino would win 13 games his first year at Arkansas.

Wildhog

Quote from: userpick on November 21, 2017, 09:02:18 am
Someone told me you said Petrino would win 13 games his first year at Arkansas.

17.  I said 17 games.

Plus a bowl win.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Michael D Huff AIA

It's hard for some people to be objective around here. 

jgphillips3

It's obvious by now that Barry Alvarez and what he built sustains the coaches up there.

hawg1221

Oh, I thought that was your Arkansas/Missouri game score prediction.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 21, 2017, 09:10:45 am
Oh, I thought that was your Arkansas/Missouri game score prediction.

I did too, at first.

Was gonna say, "Yeah, sounds about right."
1909/1964/1965/1977

plumbhog

Maybe we go 52 - 14 after he leaves here!
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

nwa_razorback_coffee

Telling...

Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

For the next few days, keep your focus on feeling sorry for CBB, and feel free to join in on the hug-fest.

ipigsooie

What is their Rose Bowl record since he left?  Just curious.

ipigsooie

They benefit from a crap side of the conference. I'm no bielema fan but you have to tell the whole story. How many cinference titles since he left? How many Rose Bowls? They can beat the scrubs on their side but can't seem to beat the real teams on the other side when it counts.

Wildhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:24:20 am
They benefit from a crap side of the conference. I'm no bielema fan but you have to tell the whole story. How many cinference titles since he left? How many Rose Bowls? They can beat the scrubs on their side but can't seem to beat the real teams on the other side when it counts.

How is that different than when Bielema was there? 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ipigsooie

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:31:17 am
How is that different than when Bielema was there?

Because he was beating the big schools and winning the conference. He made 3 straight rode bowls. Wisconsin is a fraud and the committee knows it. That's why they don't want them in the final 4

Wildhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:37:00 am
Because he was beating the big schools and winning the conference. He made 3 straight rode bowls. Wisconsin is a fraud and the committee knows it. That's why they don't want them in the final 4

They've been like that for a while.  Ohio State was on probation his last two years.  Michigan suuuuuuucked.  Penn State was on probation his last year. 

They were really, actually, good in 2010.  The rest of the time, he padded his record by beating terrible teams. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Hell, that third Rose Bowl came after a 7-5 regular season. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:40:17 am
Hell, that third Rose Bowl came after a 7-5 regular season. 

#uncommon
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ipigsooie

My point is that record is super inflated. They are scared to play decent non conference games now. They used to schedule sec teams but it wasn't working out very well. Now they play nobody state. I agree they haven't missed a beat but he does deserve some credit. Ps Ohio state was only on probation his last year there. If you remember correctly we played osu in the sugar bowl and they weren't on probation yet. They were a pretty good team and they beat us. Who went to the rose bowl that year? Again I'm no bielema apologist but give him his credit.

I also can't stand the BigX and think it's a joke that Wisconsin could make the final 4. Ucf deserves it more. They've played a tougher schedule. There is literally 1 game on Wisconsin's schedule that they have beaten a ranked team and that is against Northwestern. I hate osu but I hope they tear Wisky a new one in the cg

Wildhog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 09:42:11 am
#uncommon

Then Gary Andersen came in the next year and won 9 games, and 10 games the year after that.

After Andersen, Paul Chryst has gone 10-3, 11-3, and is now 11-0. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HF#1

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:49:53 am
Then Gary Andersen came in the next year and won 9 games, and 10 games the year after that.

I think it is obvious now that Wisconsin and Alvarez wasn't Bret's problem. He left because he knew he couldn't keep it going.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Wildhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:49:15 am
My point is that record is super inflated. They are scared to play decent non conference games now. They used to schedule sec teams but it wasn't working out very well. Now they play nobody state. I agree they haven't missed a beat but he does deserve some credit. Ps Ohio state was only on probation his last year there. If you remember correctly we played osu in the sugar bowl and they weren't on probation yet. They were a pretty good team and they beat us. Who went to the rose bowl that year? Again I'm no bielema apologist but give him his credit.

I also can't stand the BigX and think it's a joke that Wisconsin could make the final 4. Ucf deserves it more. They've played a tougher schedule. There is literally 1 game on Wisconsin's schedule that they have beaten a ranked team and that is against Northwestern. I hate osu but I hope they tear Wisky a new one in the cg

Sure, but it's always been inflated.  The Big 10 is atrocious and has been for some time.

Wisconsin fans sure as hell wouldn't trade Chryst for Bielema.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ipigsooie

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:49:53 am

Ha! Gary Anderson only stayed one year. He high tailed it to Oregon State. Alvarez coached them the following year. 

welchog

He'd be 0-3 against TCU if it were not for a blocked FG.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:51:48 am
Sure, but it's always been inflated.  The Big 10 is atrocious and has been for some time.

Agreed

Wildhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:51:57 am
Ha! Gary Anderson only stayed one year. He high tailed it to Oregon State. Alvarez coached them the following year. 

Andersen was there for two regular seasons, and left before his second bowl game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Andersen
1909/1964/1965/1977

ipigsooie

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 09:51:03 am
I think it is obvious now that Wisconsin and Alvarez wasn't Bret's problem. He left because he knew he couldn't keep it going.

I don't think it was that. He would still be winning 9 or 10 games due to the crap schedule. There has to be a reason he left after 3 straight rose bowls and Gary Anderson left after 1 season to go to crappy Oregon st. I'm sure it has to do with an AD that likes to meddle. But hey they are winning, so meddle on

BallHog1

Telling...
Tells me they don't play in the SEC west

HF#1

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:55:03 am
I don't think it was that. He would still be winning 9 or 10 games due to the crap schedule. There has to be a reason he left after 3 straight rose bowls and Gary Anderson left after 1 season to go to crappy Oregon st. I'm sure it has to do with an AD that likes to meddle. But hey they are winning, so meddle on

Nah, there was something else.

jchill

Not on CBB's side, but his team beat our team with three future starting NFL running backs.

HF#1

Quote from: jchill on November 21, 2017, 09:56:06 am
Not on CBB's side, but his team beat our team with three future starting NFL running backs.

Never underestimate the ability of Houston Nutt to lose a game he shouldn't lose.

Wildhog

Quote from: jchill on November 21, 2017, 09:56:06 am

That game may be Nutt's opus of ineptitude. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

welchog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:49:15 am

Yeah, that LSU team they played the first game of the season last year was pathetic...

ipigsooie

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:53:05 am
Andersen was there for two regular seasons, and left before his second bowl game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Andersen

That's right. My memory is failing. Alvarez coached the bowl game. Either way. 2 seasons isn't long to up and bail for a job like Oregon State.

ipigsooie

Quote from: welchog on November 21, 2017, 09:57:28 am
Yeah, that LSU team they played the first game of the season last year was pathetic...
Agreed!

tbhogfan

Barry Alvarez deserves lots of credit for building Wisconsin into a power and keeping them there.   
Go Hogs!

farmhawg

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:51:57 am
Uh no.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hogginbama

It's the system that Alvarez started and the others continue to follow. Took Barry a few years to get it going and in place, Wisconsin had the patience to let it build. I am afraid, regardless who the coach is, Arkansas will never have the patience to allow a system build that can be sustained for years to come. Sure they may have an easy schedule, may not be in the top 4 as an undefeated team right now, but who here would not trade places with them in a heart beat. Win the next two games and be in the playoffs, finish ranked in top 15-20 each year, or struggle every 4-5 years as we bring in a new coach and try to build something for flash in the pan results.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

ipigsooie

welchog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 21, 2017, 09:59:14 am
Agreed!

In all fairness,  you can't schedule an SEC team every year and BYU is not a bad OOC team to schedule.

go hogues

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 09:10:20 am
It's obvious by now that Barry Alvarez and what he built sustains the coaches up there.
OR, the recruiting comparisons between UW and UA aren't as similar as many claim. UW Madison sits only about 100 miles from Chicagoland.

Our closest fertile recruiting grounds are over 300 miles away.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Jim Harris

Tell them Bielema is losing here because of his recruits.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Pigsrus

Maybe someday fans will realize even Saban couldn't turn this program around in a few years.  Look at Tennessee as an example with high rated recruiting classes and they couldn't develop anyone to their potential.  Regardless who is hired the fan base needs to lower expectations and give time.

Wildhog

Quote from: Pigsrus on November 21, 2017, 10:26:42 am
Maybe someday fans will realize even Saban couldn't turn this program around in a few years.  Look at Tennessee as an example with high rated recruiting classes and they couldn't develop anyone to their potential.  Regardless who is hired the fan base needs to lower expectations and give time.

I think the fan base (for the most part) has been pretty realistic with their expectations.  CBB just hasn't been able to meet them.
1909/1964/1965/1977

LJHOG

Telling...
and what would his record here be if we were sec east??  now i'm all for a new coach.  but don't act like NW, Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, and Illinois even remotely compares to the SECw.

cjack

Bielema had a 2-4 record in bowl games at Wisconsin. If you count the Rose Bowl when he left he had a 2-5 record in bowl games.  He lost all the Rose Bowls.  Wisconsin is a better team since he left.  Bielema failed.  He is an average coach that was inflated with the success Wisconsin had.  We recruit at a higher level than Wisconsin.  He came to the toughest division in football and was exposed as an average coach that is incompetent at the elite level.  There is no argument that shows he's a top coach in the country.  Ever.  I wish he was because that would have meant better times for Razorback fans, but he's not.  His career as a top level coach is over.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

wildturkey8

Quote from: Wildhog on November 21, 2017, 09:57:06 am
That game may be Nutt's opus of ineptitude. 
The vaunted Wisconsin ground game had I believe 5 yards rushing against our defense.  We lost because of complete ineptitude on offense.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 21, 2017, 10:40:39 am
The vaunted Wisconsin ground game had I believe 5 yards rushing against our defense.  We lost because of complete ineptitude on offense.

Terrible game.  I watched with a lot of Badger fans in Madison, and all of us were exhausted and/or hung over. Anyway, I think UW actually had minus 5 yards rushing in that game.  The other stat that some forget is the penalties:  12 against Arkansas for 123 yards.

welchog

Quote from: Wisco Pig on November 21, 2017, 10:48:02 am
Terrible game.  I watched with a lot of Badger fans in Madison, and all of us were exhausted and/or hung over. Anyway, I think UW actually had minus 5 yards rushing in that game.  The other stat that some forget is the penalties:  12 against Arkansas for 123 yards.

That's what you get for texting while coaching.