Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nicest Guy

Started by bphi11ips, November 20, 2017, 01:08:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgon on November 21, 2017, 07:09:53 am
I'm not kicking him while he is down.  I'm giving him a pep talk.  Some are too stupid to realize it.

No you're not. That's the viewpoint of someone not viewing it in the proper context. A lot of your other postings prove it as well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pig In The City

Quote from: hawgon on November 20, 2017, 01:39:49 pm
If he doesn't want people piling on, then quit blathering like a woman.  Well, actually most women are a lot more mentally tough than he is.

You are an IDIOT! Please try and keep your misogyny from spilling into the page!

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 21, 2017, 07:06:45 am
Not Uncommon. Unrealistic, Uneducated and soon to be Unemployed.

But still being paid, seems pretty uncommon.......

Seminole Indian

Quote from: STLhawg on November 21, 2017, 12:21:28 am
I think there is more than enough data from his time here to dispute that.

Well I tend not to forget a persons past accomplishments  just because it is convenient. Over all record looks pretty good, and compiled against good competition.

Wisconsin
12–1,   7–1   T–2nd   
Wisconsin
9–4, 5–3   4th      
Wisconsin
7–6,   3–5   T–6th   
Wisconsin
10–3,   5–3   T–4th   
Wisconsin
11–2, 7–1   T–1st
Wisconsin
11–3, 6–2   1st (Leaders)
Wisconsin
8–5,   4–4   3rd (Leaders)*   
Arkansas
3–9,   0–8   7th (Western)
Arkansas
7–6,   2–6   7th (Western)
Arkansas
8–5,   5–3   T–3rd (Western)   
Arkansas
7–6,   3–5   T–5th (Western)   
Arkansas
4–7   1–6   (Western)            

Think there are going to be a lot of "good"  coaches come and go here.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 21, 2017, 06:33:08 am
Broyles once asked my best friend if he could play through on a golf course. When my friend replied " sorry but there is a group ahead of us". He responded with  "Do you know who I am?" Friend said "Yes but that doesn't make you more important on this golf course. My dad has had season tickets on the 40 and donates a lot every since you first got here. " Frank shut up and didn't play through.

Frank was an enigma. 

Exactly what he yelled at the seating hostess. "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

Another one of the nicest people you'll ever meet is Kenny Rogers.  I've been blessed to have worked for him for many years.  Kenny is another guy who treats everyone the same. From the receptionist to the record label president.  I've waited at Waffle Houses with him for a table and seen him refuse to take someone else's place in line. 

It's not how you treat those from whom you have something to gain that is the measure of a nice person.  It's how you treat those from whom you have nothing to gain that counts.  That was the point of the OP. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hawgon

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 21, 2017, 07:16:55 am
No you're not. That's the viewpoint of someone not viewing it in the proper context. A lot of your other postings prove it as well.

The context is that EVERYONE has professional successes and failures and that no one is interested in hearing about them.  Quit blathering, take your millions of dollars, and realize how fortunate you've been.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 21, 2017, 07:09:04 am
IF YOU had it in YOUR contract for employment to get a buyout I'd bet you would take it deserved or not.
I don't claim to be #UNCOMMON, he does. The UNCOMMON thing to do would be resign. With him it's do as I say, not as I do.

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 21, 2017, 08:27:07 am
I don't claim to be #UNCOMMON, he does. The UNCOMMON thing to do would be resign. With him it's do as I say, not as I do.

Actually the uncommon thing to do would be to stick it out with your team until you don't have the option. Giving up isn't "uncommon".

HawgWild

I bear him no ill will and wish him and his family only the best.

hoghiker

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 20, 2017, 01:27:57 pm
If he's so nice, resign and walk away instead of taking our money on an inflated buyout.
People are saying he's nice. Doesn't mean he's stupid.

Razorback Pastor

I agree. I really believe he loves Arkansas, wanted to do well here and, gave it everything he knew how to but, sometimes our vices can get right in the way of everything we are trying to accomplish. I do not dislike him at all. I thank God for him. He did everything you'd want the Head Coach to do here at Arkansas to do except win. He represented our State well and loved our young men and their families. I have had several friends whose sons played for him and, they feel the same way. It just didn't translate to the field. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hoghiker on November 21, 2017, 08:39:05 am
People are saying he's nice. Doesn't mean he's stupid.
He is also a football coach, so lets not go overboard with what people mean by "nice".

It's a tough game and a tough business, and he is a tough guy.

He has been a very successful as a HC, and how he went about his business won him respect by his peers, and his players, and made him rich to boot.

That should be enough to get him through this, and on to the next challenge .
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

W_KY_Hog

I, too, wanted it to work out. But 5 years is enough.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: W_KY_Hog on November 21, 2017, 09:01:28 am
I, too, wanted it to work out. But 5 years is enough.
Yes it is, and that is why they get paid so much.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 20, 2017, 01:08:27 pm
A member of the Razorbacks support staff took a recruit and his mom to a meeting with CBB before the game this weekend.  When she picked them up to take them back to the football center, she said, "He is the nicest person you'd ever want to meet.  I've never seem him have a bad day, and I've never heard him say anything negative about anyone."

Regardless of what you think of his record as head coach, players and staff seem to all say similar things about CBB.  That's the way we should remember him.  Really good guy.  Didn't work out.

I guess his remarks regarding Pitman were positive.

He was also a big mouth who never cashed the checks he would write with his mouth.

People have seen him drunk as a skunk out in town.

Not the stuff of a really good guy. Just a guy.

Remember him how you want and I will remember him how I want.

majp51

November 21, 2017, 10:01:22 am #165 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:22:12 am by majp51
Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 05:31:21 pm
I have never understood the proclivity of some Razorback fans to be an ass regardless of the situation.

I'm going to presume that question was legitimate. The answer is mainly the fact that the OP basically is eulogizing CBB (obviously the Coach part, not saying CBB is Dead)

The problem is he is Eulogizing in a public venue which allows for anonymity means people who dislike said person will absolutely talk about it. Then of course you have the fact that everyone these days on the internet are incredibly thin skinned, and the OP (and people who agree with him) Start attacking the criticizer, and the critic(and those who agree with him) reply in kind, until it becomes a game of "Who is the bigger Jerk".

Oh nd this is endemic to the Internet not just Razorback fans.

pigture perfect

I applaud Bret for being a nice guy. He would maybe make a good administrator, but his record has him so low that I can't see it ever being fixed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HognotinMemphis

This entire thread reminds me of the "Love, Little Rock" marketing campaign/response to Amazon's solicitation of cities around the country for a secondary HQ complex.

http://lovelittlerock.org
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Wildhog on November 20, 2017, 01:09:07 pm
Agreed.  There's really no need for animosity.

And agree. We can question most things Bielema does--who he recruits, player development, in-game management, and on and on. And no doubt he's a good guy.

He tried and it didn't work. In fact, I think he tried hard. But there were big fundamental things that didn't get addressed at the end of 2015/beginning 2016, and those problems continued to grow.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IronMountainHog on November 21, 2017, 08:27:07 am

so now you want to discuss catchphrases and how life revolves about them................typical for you.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi