Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What does " Understands Arkansas" & " gets the south "

Started by hogsanity, November 20, 2017, 09:17:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wants2Win

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 20, 2017, 02:01:27 pm
My dear friend and colleague, have you ever been to Tuscaloosa?  The city is totally drenches in a winning culture.  From Coach Bryant to Coach Saban seven men were head coaches.  The only one with Alabama success was Coach Stallings.  I say this to make a minor point.  There is no easy fix to the problem.  To make it simplistic is disingenuous at best.
Promote a winning attitude and hire a guy competent enough to get 8 wins will be leaps and bounds better than what is going on now. Alabama isn't my measuring stick. Mizzou MSU ole miss South Carolina auburn are.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Hogwarrior on November 20, 2017, 02:04:41 pm
LMAO!  I think this is a moronic and uneducated post!  LMAO!  First, I don't care what anybody wear to a pool party, even if it's mine.  What would you prefer, a tobacco stained pair of overalls?  Second, who cares if he duck hunts?  Third, it depends on the personalities of those of which one is speaking.  I've had a lot of Arkansans talk at me rather than to me.  Fourth, who told you southerners are more liked, a southerner? Fifth, when did Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, or Bama become a retirement destination to anyone other than those who grew up there?  And last but not least, people retire to FL and TX to benefit themselves due to the tax codes in those two states and the climate of Arizona!  LMAO!

Arkansas is a retirement destination for many especially from the upper midwest - Iowa, Minn, Neb, Iowa, Wisc.  Close to their homes but warmer. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 20, 2017, 09:41:44 am
I think they need to understand how important winning in football is.  I don't think Long or Bielema really understood that.
Arkansas does not have a monopoly on that.  Most of the SEC teams, except Vandy and Kentucky who are basketball oriented, are just as adamant and will fire their coaches quicker than us, if they don't produce a winning football team.  Football is king in the South.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: hobhog on November 20, 2017, 02:04:22 pm
Very telling. Such anger. I'm guessing this is personal for you somehow.

Regardless, I'll give my two cents. I think coach B did a great job selling the university and traveling the state making people from all corners feel included. He actually seemed to enjoy it. I don't think many can say that about Long. He didn't seem to enjoy the statewide hand pressing required. I think he did a good job overall but was very arrogant behind the scenes and lost too many supporters.

And most importantly: I think the anthracite unis got both of them. Just bad karma from day one.

I cannot say anything about the anthracite uniforms any better than Coach Darrell Royal:On the possibility of changing the look of Texas' uniforms: "Hell, no, I'm not going to candy this thing up. These are work clothes." 
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

hobhog

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 20, 2017, 12:57:52 pm
Yet another moronic, uneducated opinion.

It MEANS, understanding the history and traditions of the University. Not belittling and thumbing your nose at things like the HOG CALL WHICH the former AD did on a regular basis. If you move INTO an area that is somewhat foreign to you, you need to learn and adapt. DO NOT EXPECT OTHERS TO CHANGE BECAUSE OF YOU.

IT MEANS understanding how important it is to recruit Texas and NOT insult every High School coach in that state. Which the CURRENT FOOTBALL COACH HAS DONE!

It means understanding  that we wave at people we don't know when we pass them on a back road.

It means NOT wearing a coat & tie at a pool party.

It means NOT wearing a coat & tie when invited to duck hunt. 

It means we speak TO people, not AT people.

There are many places outside the South that WE don't understand & areas WE would NOT fit into either. Not to say they are WRONG, just not something some of us would understand or like. BUT, Southerners seem to be more liked because they are unique and approachable. Long was NOT approachable.

On a side note, I hear a lot of folks from the north want to move/retire in the south. I haven't ever heard ANYONE ever say they wanted to retire up north.

Started so well, then it got..........scary.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 20, 2017, 02:08:26 pm
Arkansas is a retirement destination for many especially from the upper midwest - Iowa, Minn, Neb, Iowa, Wisc.  Close to their homes but warmer. 

And waay cheaper taxes.  Just ask the folks at Hot Springs Village, Fairfield Bay and Bella Vista, etc.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hobhog on November 20, 2017, 02:04:22 pm
Very telling. Such anger. I'm guessing this is personal for you somehow.

Regardless, I'll give my two cents. I think coach B did a great job selling the university and traveling the state making people from all corners feel included. He actually seemed to enjoy it. I don't think many can say that about Long. He didn't seem to enjoy the statewide hand pressing required. I think he did a good job overall but was very arrogant behind the scenes and lost too many supporters.

And most importantly: I think the anthracite unis got both of them. Just bad karma from day one.

The anthracite uniforms were from Petrino.  He helped design them and it was his idea the team wear them.  Just got himself fired before they did so in 2012.  I keep seeing Bielema blamed for this. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jm

Quote from: hogsanity on November 20, 2017, 09:17:21 am
mean. I keep seeing that any new coach or AD has to do those two things. What does that mean exactly.

It means many things including being willing recruit Arkansas kids as scholarship athletes and to employ people from Arkansas and UofA grads.
It ruffled feathers when Jeff Long came in and cleaned house and has been amplified by his seeming unwillingness to hire from within the state.
The same goes for recruits. it is one thing to ingore the top talent in state if you are winning, but if you lose at historic levels you better be doing it with local kids.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jm on November 20, 2017, 02:15:26 pm

It means many things including being willing recruit Arkansas kids as scholarship athletes and to employ people from Arkansas and UofA grads.
It ruffled feathers when Jeff Long came in and cleaned house and has been amplified by his seeming unwillingness to hire from within the state.
The same goes for recruits. it is one thing to ingore the top talent in state if you are winning, but if you lose at historic levels you better be doing it with local kids.

What top talent has been ignored?

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 20, 2017, 02:06:51 pm
Promote a winning attitude and hire a guy competent enough to get 8 wins will be leaps and bounds better than what is going on now. Alabama isn't my measuring stick. Mizzou MSU ole miss South Carolina auburn are.

State has a winning record against two SEC schools:  Vandy and Kentucky
Ole Miss has had a winning record five times in ten years
The ole ball coach gave the Gamecocks three 11 win seasons but no championships.

I wonder about your standards for excellence.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

hobhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 20, 2017, 02:15:22 pm
The anthracite uniforms were from Petrino.  He helped design them and it was his idea the team wear them.  Just got himself fired before they did so in 2012.  I keep seeing Bielema blamed for this.

May be right, but Long took responsibility when emailed about it.

cjack

Quote from: jneal56 on November 20, 2017, 11:03:25 am
Yep and if you're comfortable with that, then that is what we end up with. Keep in mind that half of those years we played 11 regular season games instead of 12 so we have an extra cupcake on the schedule now normally so therefore that 7-8 should be 8-9. Just like inflation, you have to adjust for it. I want a regime who is not comfortable with 7-8 wins every year. I don't want a regime that is celebrating a narrow win over Coastal Carolina, I want a regime who is livid on the sideline when our backups miss an assignment during the 4th quarter of a game when we're beating LSU by 31 but they are still coaching as if we're down by 31. THAT is what we need.

Well said.  Of course, some people who say they're Arkansas fans think this isn't possible.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

jm

Wants2Win

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 20, 2017, 02:20:47 pm
State has a winning record against two SEC schools:  Vandy and Kentucky
Ole Miss has had a winning record five times in ten years
The ole ball coach gave the Gamecocks three 11 win seasons but no championships.

I wonder about your standards for excellence.
3 teams ahead of us in the standings....

niels_boar

It means winning lots of football and basketball games for the average fan like me who has no idea and little concern about what the AD actually does. If we are 0-12 in football, the AD could call the hogs while walking on water and the peanut gallery will complain that he can't swim.  If we are 14-0 in football and the AD can in any way take partial credit, the AD could piss his name on the Slobberin' Hog at the 50-yard line and be praised for his penmanship.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

jneal56

Quote from: cjack on November 20, 2017, 02:25:14 pm
Well said.  Of course, some people who say they're Arkansas fans think this isn't possible.

Yeah crazy to me that they think like that. It can be done at just about any school in the P5's. Coaching makes the difference and there can never be a let down. Yes Petrine had a great first year in state recruiting class but he was coaching every game the entire game with fierceness. We've lacked that for 6 seasons now. Need someone who has it as well as maybe even an AD with some of that fierceness in him/her.
"At least we are moral"

hogsanity

Quote from: jm on November 20, 2017, 02:26:32 pm
Depends on who you ask!

well, since you brought it up, I'll ask you what top talent has been ignored?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BoogaHog

Quote from: cjack on November 20, 2017, 09:47:17 am
Didn't Long do the same thing?  He brought in "his kind of people."  He brought in a coach from the north.  He brought in administrative people that were specifically not from Arkansas.  One person remained from Arkansas in admin. under him.  The rest were shown the door.  Were all of those Arkansas people "dumb hillbillies" that are biased and bigots?  Does wanting people that think like the fan base make you a dumb redneck southerner if you're from here and intelligent if you aren't?

Yes and yes according to dr. furry scrotum and Midwest men's pants hoginsanity.

BoogaHog

Quote from: BJJHog on November 20, 2017, 03:00:04 pm
Yes and yes according to dr. furry scrotum and Midwest men's pants hoginsanity.

Easy ....easy.  I joke. ;D

factchecker

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 20, 2017, 01:29:56 pm
They are pricing the average fan out. The luxury suite expansion is stupid as well. Arkansas football is not about luxury boxes.

Funny how our fans want to us to hire an elite coach and for us to have an elite team but are unwilling to pay elite prices.

Our tickets are some of the cheapest in the SEC.

The expansion of luxury boxes and suites is simple supply and demand.  Boxes, club seats, and suites sell.  Cheap seats don't.

Also, the people in the luxury seats pay for the program.  They make it possible for the 500s to be affordable.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bphi11ips

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 20, 2017, 01:58:27 pm
You are correct.  Those 4 or 5 top athletes in Arkansas are every bit as good as the 50 from Ga, 30 from La, 25 from Al and 15 from Tenn on their level. 

We need to get all of these Arkansas boys going to La Tech, Ar St, Missouri State, ULM.  Just not looking hard enough. 

Your sarcasm on this issue is beneath your intelligence. 

Arkansas's population is 30% of Georgia's.  Its African American population is 15% of Georgia's.  Your point is well taken, but your math is wrong.  Same with the other states.

What we need to do is stop the best in-state players from going to Ohio State, Missouri and Alabama and stop competing with ULM and La Tech for Louisiana players.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

EastexHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on November 20, 2017, 01:51:45 pm
I finally found the perfect coach for some of you guys.

What I don't get is that Yosemite is in California...a Union state.

Damn Yankee.

Wants2Win

Quote from: factchecker on November 20, 2017, 03:05:35 pm
Funny how our fans want to us to hire an elite coach and for us to have an elite team but are unwilling to pay elite prices.

Our tickets are some of the cheapest in the SEC.

The expansion of luxury boxes and suites is simple supply and demand.  Boxes, club seats, and suites sell.  Cheap seats don't.

Also, the people in the luxury seats pay for the program.  They make it possible for the 500s to be affordable.
Pay for what? Shiny things they can point to and say I paid for that? It doesn't take an 'elite' coach to win 8 games. Bret makes elite money...need I say more?

factchecker

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 20, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
Pay for what? Shiny things they can point to and say I paid for that? It doesn't take an 'elite' coach to win 8 games. Bret makes elite money...need I say more?

This goes beyond Bret.  People bitched about ticket prices when Petrino was here.  Our fans are notorious for complaining about things for no reason.

People are wanting Gus or Matt Campbell.  Both of which are going to costs quite a bit of money.  You want to get a top coach.  You are going to have pay top money.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TOM "tbw1"

Not necessarily so:http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

ballz2thewall

Quote from: longpig on November 20, 2017, 11:30:51 am
Bert's fat, dumb, preachy and a closet drunkard. 

Don't get no more southern than that.

my philosophy was spot on, i thought.

till i read this:)
The rest of the frog.

hogsanity

Quote from: cjack on November 20, 2017, 09:47:17 am
Didn't Long do the same thing?  He brought in "his kind of people."  He brought in a coach from the north.  He brought in administrative people that were specifically not from Arkansas.  One person remained from Arkansas in admin. under him.  The rest were shown the door.  Were all of those Arkansas people "dumb hillbillies" that are biased and bigots?  Does wanting people that think like the fan base make you a dumb redneck southerner if you're from here and intelligent if you aren't?

And for years before that, here on Hogville people had screamed to get rid of the gobn. That is exactly what Long did, and people did not like that either.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BallHog1

I'm going to go way out on a limb and predict that the next coach and a.d., regardless of where they are from, will get run out of town in five years if they aren't winning and will be heroes if they are. If you win, I guess you understand the south...good grief......

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on November 20, 2017, 03:30:45 pm
And for years before that, here on Hogville people had screamed to get rid of the gobn. That is exactly what Long did, and people did not like that either.

This is what I wrote about above in my tldr post. 

The only thing is that you often belittle what Hogville says as if Hogville was a single individual.  It's not.  It's a collection of thousands of people.  Many read and never post. 

"GOBN" is just an acronym that could be loosely defined for Hogville purposes as "a group of powerful, anonymous men who control things behind the scene".  Right now the BOT is synonymous here with the GOBN.

The truth is that there is a lot of overlap in the real GOBN and the BOT, including people with the ability to influence BOT members, like the current Governor and the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.  The myth is that the GOBN crave power and pull strings to the detriment of the program for selfish reasons.  The truth is the men who make up the GOBN are sophisticated men who long ago surpassed need to massage egos with access to Razorbacks events.  But they do have an interest in the success of the program and the university's place within the state because of the ripple effect those matters have on the state itself.  That's hard for some of you to understand.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 20, 2017, 03:56:42 pm
This is what I wrote about above in my tldr post. 

The only thing is that you often belittle what Hogville says as if Hogville was a single individual.  It's not.  It's a collection of thousands of people.  Many read and never post. 

"GOBN" is just an acronym that could be loosely defined for Hogville purposes as "a group of powerful, anonymous men who control things behind the scene".  Right now the BOT is synonymous here with the GOBN.

The truth is that there is a lot of overlap in the real GOBN and the BOT, including people with the ability to influence BOT members, like the current Governor and the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.  The myth is that the GOBN crave power and pull strings to the detriment of the program for selfish reasons.  The truth is the men who make up the GOBN are sophisticated men who long ago surpassed need to massage egos with access to Razorbacks events.  But they do have an interest in the success of the program and the university's place within the state because of the ripple effect those matters have on the state itself.  That's hard for some of you to understand.

Totally true, we should respect our betters.

buldozer

Quote from: jm on November 20, 2017, 02:15:26 pm

^^^This^^^ plus 1)stop trying to divide the fanbase with insisting that WMS is an away game 2)spend your time on Arkansas issues rather than spending 3 days a week outside AR working on the playoff committee 3) keep your head down and work rather than run your loud mouth until you have built something to talk about 4) don't come to a school that's been playing football since 1894 and announce you are going to "start new traditions", people here like the traditions they have 5) wear your flip flops at home, wear proper attire at work that sets a positive example

Captain Hogthrob

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pecos Hog

mean. I keep seeing that any new coach or AD has to do those two things. What does that mean exactly.

It means:   Coke!  No Pepsi!   Cheeburger, cheeburger, cheeburger....

Hogs-n-Roses

Some one like Jeff Long for instance was raised up north, went to school in the north, played ball in the north, started coaching in the north, became an ad at Pitt(north). This isn't a slight at him or the north. Its just that he would have had very little knowledge of our strong football history from years ago and the type of recruiting and relationships it takes down here to get players or inroads to high schools in recruiting areas we must have players from, North Louisiana, Texas, Memphis,Oklahoma......... Our football is a faster brand. Yes the big 10 is physical but from top to bottom, not SEC size n speed. JMO

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 20, 2017, 08:17:10 pm
Some one like Jeff Long for instance was raised up north, went to school in the north, played ball in the north, started coaching in the north, became an ad at Pitt(north). This isn't a slight at him or the north. Its just that he would have had very little knowledge of our strong football history from years ago and the type of recruiting and relationships it takes down here to get players or inroads to high schools in recruiting areas we must have players from, North Louisiana, Texas, Memphis,Oklahoma......... Our football is a faster brand. Yes the big 10 is physical but from top to bottom, not SEC size n speed. JMO
erm so you think Jeff Long was on the recruiting trail?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Justifiable Hogicide

It means those who hated the GOBN and demanded its dismantling now squeal for its return.

urkillnmesmalls

In the SEC, with where we rank historically in recruiting, and how tough the SEC West has become, I disagree.  I think winning 8 or more games does require an elite coach.  An average coach may get lucky and win that one out of every four years, but it won't be consistent.  Not at Arkansas.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on November 20, 2017, 08:22:40 pm
It means those who hated the GOBN and demanded its dismantling now squeal for its return.

With how things are shaping up, with all things considered, I think we are truly going to see if people from Arkansas can run the UA.  Well...let me amend that to be people who attended the UA, and at least have pretty deep roots here.  It's really starting to take on that feel that "People from Arkansas know what's best for Arkansas." 

We're 1 for 2 on "yankees" as head coach.  I think most would consider BP's time as a success, and BB's as fail.  Personality wise, I think BB was a better fit here.  Much more cordial and down to earth.  Coaching style wise, Petrino was a much better fit.
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Wants2Win

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on November 20, 2017, 09:53:37 pm
In the SEC, with where we rank historically in recruiting, and how tough the SEC West has become, I disagree.  I think winning 8 or more games does require an elite coach.  An average coach may get lucky and win that one out of every four years, but it won't be consistent.  Not at Arkansas.
Top to bottom I think the SEC is down.

JenksHawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 20, 2017, 09:18:27 am
It means, that unlike you, they value our past accomplishments and traditions and don't do all they can to dsicount them and belittle them 24/7.

Like what, the "hog call" and Diet Coke?  What traditions did Long not value Mr. Expert?

JenksHawg

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 20, 2017, 09:21:13 am
It means many Southerners biased and bigoted, and that they will hate on people that aren't from around here. BB and Long were hated even before they failed to accomplish what fans wanted.

exactly

JenksHawg

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 20, 2017, 09:47:25 am
Bias and bigotry is not just a southern thing.  It happens just as much everywhere else in the country but ignorant people like to keep feeding the stereotype.

cannot be any more wrong

JenksHawg

Quote from: ballinhog on November 20, 2017, 10:43:03 am
I think it means understanding the need to recruit speed. Without speed you have no chance in the SEC. Bielema showed us that

We've been complaining about "needing speed" for the past 20 years

Jek Tono Porkins

The concept in the OP applies to the athletic director more than the football coach. Arkansas is a different breed. Essentially, half of the state is considered "The South" but it's the border of the general definition of "the South." Meanwhile, the other half of the state is considered "The Midwest" but it's the border of the general definition of "The Midwest."

When you think about it, Arkansas is a collision between the South and the Midwest but no "real" cultural connection to each region as a whole. That presents some problems. With Broyles, he was able to exert power in the "Midwest" part of the state by way of pure gravitas. He was the most successful coach in Arkansas history, so who in NWA was going to argue with him? At the same time, his thick-as-molasses accent, general demeanor, and calculated efforts appealed to the "Southern" part of the state and he was able to fuse the two together.

In contrast, rightly or wrongly, the perception of Long appeared to be pandering exclusively to the "Midwest" part of the state. A calculated move to be sure as NWA seems to have a brighter future than other parts of the state. But I think he blew his wad too soon.

As far as football coaches go, it's nonsense. Think about it. If we hired Bill Belichick tomorrow and he pulled in a top-5 recruiting class, are any of us going to whine that he "doesn't understand Arkansas?" or that he "doesn't get the South?" No. Football coaches are mercenaries.

However, having someone that understands the dynamics of the state helps to "build a wall around the state" which Bielema talked mad darn about but was unable to do.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

HawgWyld

It means many Southerners biased and bigoted, and that they will hate on people that aren't from around here. BB and Long were hated even before they failed to accomplish what fans wanted.

Explain the adoration of Petrino, then...

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

porkrindjimmy

LMAO.

You are easy to figure out.

PRJ

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

The more of your posts that I read, the harder it is to take you serious.

Understands Arkansas means someone who knows the area and culture. Someone who comes in and can start recruiting the area immediately without being told to go here or there. A person who can connect with the average fan because once upon a time he was just like the rest of us. Getting the south means being able to connect with people and recruit in different areas. You have to know your audience, unlike bielema when he went to that texas coaches convention and pissed everyone off. The next guy will have to come in and reforge those bonds that bielema ruined.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hogsanity

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 21, 2017, 09:02:13 am
The more of your posts that I read, the harder it is to take you serious.

Understands Arkansas means someone who knows the area and culture. Someone who comes in and can start recruiting the area immediately without being told to go here or there. A person who can connect with the average fan because once upon a time he was just like the rest of us. Getting the south means being able to connect with people and recruit in different areas. You have to know your audience, unlike bielema when he went to that texas coaches convention and pissed everyone off. The next guy will have to come in and reforge those bonds that bielema ruined.

That still does not explain what things someone is supposed " to get ". BB is the every mans coach.

What I think it means, pieced together from different things people have posted in this thread is it has to be someone that will act as if NWA is lucky to have the UofA, pander to Central and South Arkansas as if they were still the be all end of of Arkansas, go into Texas and kiss the backsides of the HS coaches, even though what has hurt recruiting there more than anything is not being in the same conference with most of those schools, sign an entire recruiting class of nothing but Arkansas kids if at all possible, and act like those kids are good enough to whip anyone just because " they want it ".

J-Five

Quote from: buldozer on November 20, 2017, 04:32:06 pm
^^^This^^^ plus 1)stop trying to divide the fanbase with insisting that WMS is an away game 2)spend your time on Arkansas issues rather than spending 3 days a week outside AR working on the playoff committee 3) keep your head down and work rather than run your loud mouth until you have built something to talk about 4) don't come to a school that's been playing football since 1894 and announce you are going to "start new traditions", people here like the traditions they have 5) wear your flip flops at home, wear proper attire at work that sets a positive example

#5...I'm confused.  We have fans that disliked Jeff Long because he was too much of a "business guy/suit and tie guy", but  Bielema is too casual with his dress code?  I swear, man....LOL.  So, what would be the perfect outfit for someone who coaches/or is AD at Arkansas?  LOL 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"