$3.00 Mizzou Tickets , Lower Levels $9.00

Started by BR, November 14, 2017, 07:42:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

ricepig

Looks like an excellent opportunity for those wishing to go to a game at a family friendly rate!

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 07:48:09 am
Looks like an excellent opportunity for those wishing to go to a game at a family friendly rate!

If you hold out, Long might come over and hang your Christmas lights to get you to come to the game.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The Boar War on November 14, 2017, 07:52:00 am
If you hold out, Long might come over and hang your Christmas lights to get you to come to the game.

Check your liability limits first if he will require a ladder...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Drop the Mike

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 07:48:09 am

Yes. Would be cheaper to take the family to an sec home game than it would be to go to a high school playoff game Friday night

Cotton

You couldn't pay me to go to this one.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

SDZ_Hog

Gas vouchers?  food?  I'll call Hugh  to set up the rest of the weekend.  He has some good connections i bet. 

The Boar War

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 07:53:07 am

Good advice.  I'd hate to mess up an insurance form and be on the hook for say...... a million dollars.

Ex-Trumpet

FYI...I booked a room at Hilton Garden Inn yesterday (Monday Nov 13) and got to choose if I wanted a king or two queen beds.  They are not full.

And the Embassy was cheaper.  #Uncommon!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

micali

I bought 3 tickets for the coastal game at 4 each and the grand total came to a little over $21 with all fees. Still cheap considering the nose bleed is $41 a seat.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 14, 2017, 08:12:41 am
That stadium expansion was really needed.....wow.

New coach/winning will fill it.

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 14, 2017, 08:12:41 am
That stadium expansion was really needed.....wow.

Those people own homes in NWA, lol. $41m in donations according to Scott Varady indicates someone plans on sitting there, plus drinking in your seats will help......

DeltaBoy

I hope Jeff Long is Proud.  I paid more for a D-3 game last Saturday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 14, 2017, 08:29:38 am
I hope Jeff Long is Proud.  I paid more for a D-3 game last Saturday.

Definitely pay more for HS games here in Texas!

Tejano Jawg

When our church youth group used to get tickets in the south end zone bleachers, what did I pay then? 3 bucks? 5 bucks?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 08:24:42 am
Those people own homes in NWA, lol. $41m in donations according to Scott Varady indicates someone plans on sitting there, plus drinking in your seats will help......
Stop it with all your logic Rice... this is a cynical board.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

2Mack

We have a huge group going to the Missouri game, bought the tickets a few weeks ago for $10/seat. Should have held out!

code red

Quote from: 2Mack on November 14, 2017, 08:48:31 am
We have a huge group going to the Missouri game, bought the tickets a few weeks ago for $10/seat. Should have held out!
You may consider other plans after this week.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: The Boar War on November 14, 2017, 07:52:00 am

This one got me...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogsanity

Old misses/A&M tickets for $6 as well this weekend.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

smb

GeorgiaHOG

DeltaBoy

If you had told me back in 1984 that in 2017 Hog football was so bad we could buy tickets 10 bucks or less I would have called the state hospital to come get you.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognotinMemphis

IF U of A will give me tickets to the game in chair seats and pay for 1 night hotel, I will go to the game this weekend. Dilly! Dilly!
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

SPAL

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 07:53:07 am

David Lee is available if so.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 08:12:27 am
FYI...I booked a room at Hilton Garden Inn yesterday (Monday Nov 13) and got to choose if I wanted a king or two queen beds.  They are not full.

And the Embassy was cheaper.  #Uncommon!!

This is as much an indictment as anything because NWA is not flush with rooms to begin with. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

East Clintwood

Quote from: 2Mack on November 14, 2017, 08:48:31 am

There'll be more competition at the local shopping malls than there'll be at the game.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Tejano Jawg

Sounds like the drive in should be pretty smooth.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

joeyself

I've not been in that stadium since 1981 when the Hogs beat Texas 42-11.   I left thinking "it will never get better than this," and haven't been back. 

But at $3.00?  I could be tempted as long as these seats aren't going to be facing the sun.  Those of you that know, where are these seats?  Or better said, which sideline would I want to be on?

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

Hogwild

Quote from: joeyself on November 14, 2017, 08:33:28 pm

But at $3.00?  I could be tempted as long as these seats aren't going to be facing the sun.  Those of you that know, where are these seat?

JcS

the game is at 11am, so most of the game the sun will be directly over your head

rude1

Over priced for the product being sold, think I will pass..............

joeyself

Quote from: rude1 on November 14, 2017, 08:37:12 pm
Over priced for the product being sold, think I will pass..............

In November?

Probably won't matter.  I just told my wife about this, and she asked what time it was.  She said "I hope I'm not even up by 11:00 on Saturday." 

But just in case...

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

The Boar War

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 08:53:44 am
Old misses/A&M tickets for $6 as well this weekend.

Both of these games are bad football but we've played late season, bad football games in the past.  I would imagine the low price is because of television exposure.  In the past the only way you would have seen this game is if you were in the stadium.  Now (since the outcome of the game really doesn't matter) I can watch the game from home or dvr it and watch it later or watch it one of the multiple times its shown on the SEC Network.

greasy_corner

I've not been in that stadium since 1981 when the Hogs beat Texas 42-11.   I left thinking "it will never get better than this," and haven't been back. 

But at $3.00?  I could be tempted as long as these seats aren't going to be facing the sun.  Those of you that know, where are these seats?  Or better said, which sideline would I want to be on?

JcS

Gonna to be rough out there.  Not like it was in '81.  The sun has reversed it's course several times since then.  Good luck.  I'd suggest you use the money saved on the tickets for some good sunscreen...or a paper bag.

jgphillips3

Dang.  I paid $4 for a high school basketball game tonight. 

TN HOG

This thread and these posts are the funniest saddest posts ever!  Crazy times....
Play like a Champion!

joeyself

Quote from: greasy_corner on November 14, 2017, 09:01:35 pm

Gonna to be rough out there.  Not like it was in '81.  The sun has reversed it's course several times since then.  Good luck.  I'd suggest you use the money saved on the tickets for some good sunscreen...or a paper bag.

I knew I wanted to be on the west side, I just can't remember which one the Razorbacks are on.

But I looked at the Google satellite and figured it behind the home team is where I would want to be.

Still, it's on TV, so I'm probably going to pass, even at these rates.   In '81, I lived in Carlson Terrace, and we were back at our place in 10 minutes after the game was over.  Not too interested in the drive up from Greenwood for this.

JcS

The Boar War

Quote from: joeyself on November 14, 2017, 09:26:12 pm

Still, it's on TV, so I'm probably going to pass, even at these rates.   In '81, I lived in Carlson Terrace, and we were back at our place in 10 minutes after the game was over.  Not too interested in the drive up from Greenwood for this.

JcS

That is one heck of a haul.

joeyself

Quote from: The Boar War on November 14, 2017, 09:47:27 pm
That is one heck of a haul.

I drive it for Naturals games often--seven times last year.  But that is something I can't see on TV and somewhere I can get in and out of quickly without having to walk a long distance from where I park.  I have heel spurs, and don't fare too well walking a long way on concrete.

JcS

Drop the Mike

JcS

Did you leave your wife after y'all got back from your honeymoon?!

joeyself

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 14, 2017, 10:11:05 pm
Did you leave your wife after y'all got back from your honeymoon?!

Nope. 36 years, and still loving it.

Not nearly as big a fan of fighting crowd, especially those that think they are the attraction of the event.

JcS

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BR on November 14, 2017, 07:42:36 am
Unreal
too expensive. with the fee thats still $10 ticket. Pssshhtt. Homey aint watchin this team for that kind of money.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HognotinMemphis

JcS
I think the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. And the stadium still sits on same footprint it always has. In other words, stadium still runs north and south with sideline seating on east and west.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: joeyself on November 14, 2017, 10:08:11 pm
I drive it for Naturals games often--seven times last year.  But that is something I can't see on TV and somewhere I can get in and out of quickly without having to walk a long distance from where I park.  I have heel spurs, and don't fare too well walking a long way on concrete.

JcS
Why would you wear heels when you know you will be walking a fair distance? Wear some comfortable tennis or running shoes instead.

joeyself

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 15, 2017, 06:13:00 am
I think the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. And the stadium still sits on same footprint it always has. In other words, stadium still runs north and south with sideline seating on east and west.

Why would you wear heels when you know you will be walking a fair distance? Wear some comfortable tennis or running shoes instead.

My question was which side was the visitor's side--I had looked at the stadium seating chart and it wasn't situated north-south, so I wasn't sure if the north end was on my right or my left.  I thought it was left, just trying to be sure. 

As for the second sentence, huh?  I didn't say anything about wearing heels.  I said I have heel spurs--Plantar Fasciitis (which I didn't know how to spell, so I didn't use that term).  Running shoes is what I wear.

JcS

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 14, 2017, 11:40:36 pm
too expensive. with the fee thats still $10 ticket. Pssshhtt. Homey aint watchin this team for that kind of money.

You're looking at it wrong.  Spend the money.  Dan Mullen is worth $10.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: joeyself on November 15, 2017, 07:18:54 am
My question was which side was the visitor's side--I had looked at the stadium seating chart and it wasn't situated north-south, so I wasn't sure if the north end was on my right or my left.  I thought it was left, just trying to be sure. 

As for the second sentence, huh?  I didn't say anything about wearing heels.  I said I have heel spurs--Plantar Fasciitis (which I didn't know how to spell, so I didn't use that term).  Running shoes is what I wear.

JcS
Joey just out-Him'd me unintentionally.

joeyself

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 15, 2017, 01:05:38 pm
Joey just out-Him'd me unintentionally.

What makes you think it was unintentional? :)

JcS

BR