Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Carousel - 2017 Edition

Started by WilsonHog, October 12, 2017, 06:27:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

October 12, 2017, 06:27:22 pm Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:55:59 pm by Arkansas Traveler
Arizona State - Todd Graham (Fired). IN - Herm Edwards (ESPN).

Arkansas - Bret Bielema (Fired). IN - Chad Morris (HC, SMU).

Florida - Jim McElwain (Fired). IN - Dan Mullen (HC, Mississippi State).

Florida St. - Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M). IN - Willie Taggart (HC, Oregon).

Georgia Southern - Tyson Summers (Fired). IN - Chad Lunsford (Interim HC).

Kent State - Paul Haynes (Fired). IN - Sean Lewis (OC, Syracuse).

Louisiana - Mark Hudspeth (Fired). IN - Billy Napier (OC, Arizona State).

Mississippi State - Dan Mullen (Florida). IN - Joe Moorhead (OC, Penn State).

Nebraska - Mike Riley (Fired). IN - Scott Frost (HC, UCF).

Ole Miss - Hugh Freeze (Fired). IN - Matt Luke (Interim HC).

Oregon - Willie Taggart (Florida St.). IN - Mario Cristobal (Co-OC, Oregon).

Oregon St. - Gary Andersen (Resigned). IN - Jonathan Smith (OC, Washington).

Rice - David Bailiff (Fired). IN - Mike Bloomgren (OC, Stanford).

South Alabama - Joey Jones (Resigned). IN - Steve Campbell (HC, UCA).

SMU - Chad Morris (Arkansas). IN - Sonny Dykes (OC, TCU).

Tennessee - Butch Jones (Fired). IN - Jeremy Pruitt (DC, Alabama).

Texas A&M - Kevin Sumlin (Fired). IN - Jimbo Fisher (HC, Florida St.).

UCF- Scott Frost (Nebraska). IN - Josh Huepel (OC, Missouri).

UCLA - Jim Mora (Fired). IN - Chip Kelly (ESPN).

UTEP - Sean Kugler (Fired). IN - Dana Dimel (OC, Kansas State).

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Lanny

There are going to be several names to add before this year is over
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

rhames

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2017, 06:29:02 pm

Hopefully Arkansas. WpS
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Lanny

I think you can add 3 SEC teams that will be looking for a new head coach
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hog.goblin

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2017, 06:33:47 pm

Yep, Butch is out at TN, the only question is whether he coaches through the last game.

hassettsportsman

If Gus trounces Big O...LSU will have an opening.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2017, 06:29:02 pm
and apparently Gary Andersen walked away from something like an $12M buyout.  See link below. He apparently freed OSU from the high buyout.  Hmmmm, interesting.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/10/16451214/oregon-state-coaching-search-gary-andersen-alex-grinch-cory-hall

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

smb

October 13, 2017, 04:14:14 am #10 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:51:56 am by smb
Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 12, 2017, 08:13:59 pm
and apparently Gary Andersen walked away from something like an $12M buyout.  See link below. He apparently freed OSU from the high buyout.  Hmmmm, interesting.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/10/16451214/oregon-state-coaching-search-gary-andersen-alex-grinch-cory-hall
The real question as to why he would do this?
GeorgiaHOG

texas tush hog

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on October 12, 2017, 08:13:59 pm

Some kind of scandal they are keeping quiet. Wait, watch, and see.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I believe we can go ahead and hand butch his papers now. He's done.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

rtr

I would say the best up and comer is Matt Campbell at Iowa State. Norvell looks good but would like to see more.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 14, 2017, 04:37:43 pm
I believe we can go ahead and hand butch his papers now. He's done.
Yep. Will be official at 1pm tomorrow
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

moses_007

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2017, 06:33:47 pm
Butch at TN, Bielema (HOPEFULLY), but who else?

Sumlin?

hogsolutely

Sumlins team is actually not folding like it has done in the past.   They may give him more time.

wildhogman

Quote from: moses_007 on October 15, 2017, 12:56:34 am
Butch at TN, Bielema (HOPEFULLY), but who else?

Sumlin?
Gus prolly, I think Aubarn fans had enough.  Lose to Clemson, atleast its respectable, defending champions and all. Lose to LSU and coach O mumbles and that's unforgivable.  Bama will put the final nail in the coffin. Just my opinion

Jones at Tenn should be fired, BB at Arkansas should be fired, Sumlin keeps his job, I believe.  Auburn has standards above what Gus is giving.  He could get fired.  Aubbie will need to believe they can get someone better.  8 or 9 win seasons won't cut it at Auburn.

texas tush hog

Quote from: hassettsportsman on October 12, 2017, 07:34:51 pm
If Gus trounces Big O...LSU will have an opening.

Big "O" is safe for this year.

DeltaBoy

TAMU keeps winning and sets 5-2.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rocket23

Seat is getting very warm in Gainesville.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 16, 2017, 09:49:46 am
Seat is getting very warm in Gainesville.

With the injuries and suspensions, to go with some good recruiting classes recently and a young QB, I think he deserves one more year. He did win the East twice in a row.

Next1_04

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

PigDaddyKane

The Georgia Southern Coach was 5-13, so a year and a half?  That was quick.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

ChicoHog

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on October 22, 2017, 03:44:23 pm
The Georgia Southern Coach was 5-13, so a year and a half?  That was quick.
They were pretty good under Willie Fritz but have fallen on tough times lately. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: Cotton on October 16, 2017, 01:15:11 pm
http://coacheshotseat.com/

This is always fun to look at.
Todd Graham and Steve Addazzio seats should be cooling now.  Both have upset wins the last two weeks. 

Cotton

Quote from: Cotton on October 16, 2017, 01:15:11 pm
http://coacheshotseat.com/

This is always fun to look at.
Bert drops to #5.

Butch might not make it through lunch today.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dropkick

McElwain to Oregon State would be my guess

HogPharmer

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 31, 2017, 01:18:20 pm
This is enjoyable: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/24/9790682/college-football-coaching-search-rumors-houston-nutt

I feel like that article just sums up Hogville. Every coaching name I've heard on here EASILY fits into one of those categories...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

If bielema had been fired last year...like he probably should've been based on the way the season ended and the lack of hope in recruiting, I think it would've been easier to get a good coach, now we have to compete with the likes of Florida and Tennessee?? Don't have a great feeling about it. Regardless, Bret should be fired immediately after this game if it's a loss.

grayhawg

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 04, 2017, 05:28:20 pm
If bielema had been fired last year...like he probably should've been based on the way the season ended and the lack of hope in recruiting, I think it would've been easier to get a good coach, now we have to compete with the likes of Florida and Tennessee?? Don't have a great feeling about it. Regardless, Bret should be fired immediately after this game if it's a loss.
There are High School coaches in Ark that could do a better job than this staff.

Matt Burks

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on November 04, 2017, 05:28:20 pm
There's a coach just down the road who wants this job and is talked about in the National media as highly sought after.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Tuberbille? Plz no...that dude has been shopping his wares for how long now? I don't even want him as AD...bo keeps giving him a platform for his pitch...

Quote from: Matt Burks on November 04, 2017, 05:38:12 pm
There's a coach just down the road who wants this job and is talked about in the National media as highly sought after.

Dropkick

I'll just be glad when WilsonHog can plug Arkansas into this list.

ChicoHog

I think Wilson will be able to add Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas A&M and maybe Miss st if Mullen takes another job.  I think Malzahn will be safe for this season. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 05, 2017, 04:29:54 pm
I think Wilson will be able to add Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas A&M and maybe Miss st if Mullen takes another job.  I think Malzahn will be safe for this season.

If Auburn loses to Georgia and Alabama, Malzahn may gracefully exit the Plains before he is forcibly removed.

grayhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 07, 2017, 05:44:52 pm
If Auburn loses to Georgia and Alabama, Malzahn may gracefully exit the Plains before he is forcibly removed.
To another conference.

Cotton

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 07, 2017, 05:44:52 pm
Quote from: grayhawg on November 07, 2017, 06:12:13 pm
To another conference.

So we are going to the BigXII then?

;)

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

BigDrDon

Miles will be at Oregon State next year.
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

GunnerHawg70

Might wanna add Butch Jones to that list here soon...

hog.goblin

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 11, 2017, 09:34:35 pm

The day after their last game

grayhawg

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 11, 2017, 09:34:35 pm
He was added a week or two ago.