Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 UNLV vs #2 Arkansas

Started by Nosboar Accubond, March 03, 2014, 10:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

Watching it on YouTube. Barnhill... Crazy pace... UNLV shooting lay ups & dunks... Hogs gettin steals... Great game to watch. Crowd is crazy loud. UNLV is super tough. CMA coaching with Nolan.

East TN HAWG

That was a crazy game.  Biggest game I've ever seen in person.  I camped out a week in the freezing snow for that game.  Tent #23. 

MikePiazza

Walter Payton and Andy Van Slyke were at that game just because.

Oliver Miller's baseball pass and Day's flush was a thing of beauty. You don't see that in college basketball today.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Nosboar Accubond

UNLV threw the snow bird a lot too. I had forgotten that... Feels good to see a number by our name too,.. Especially a single digit.

BrooklynRoss

That game, along with various match-ups between Arkansas, Loyola Marymount, Kentucky, Duke, and UNLV defined the 90's as a golden age for college basketball. Ha, it was extremely fast-paced and the big games were epic.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Professor Psychosis

Churches let out early, it was all anybody talked about for days.  The game from the previous year is out there on Youtube too.

Wouldn't mind seeing a home and home with them again.

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on March 03, 2014, 10:40:15 pm
That game, along with various match-ups between Arkansas, Loyola Marymount, Kentucky, Duke, and UNLV defined the 90's as a golden age for college basketball. Ha, it was extremely fast-paced and the big games were epic.

The sport just hasn't been as "wow" factor to me since.  I have always watched the Razorback basketball team since then, and that will never change, but somewhere in the late 90s I gave up watching other teams except during March Madness.  Back in the 90s, if any of those teams were on TV, I'd stop and watch because it was exciting, and because you knew there was a good chance we'd see them in March.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Watched the first half of this game on Youtube last night. Finished it tonight.

Those were truly the glory days of college basketball. You had upperclassmen on the floor playing hard, raucous home crowd, you had some actual bad blood. Two great coaches. What's not to like?

RedBird5

Craziest atmosphere of any game I attended as a kid!  So electric!

Danny J

I still think that UNLV team was best team I have ever witnessed. They were very good.

Nosboar Accubond

If college teams kept their top talent a few years I think some if that would come back. Those games were physical though not a lot of ticky tack fouls.

pignparadise

One of my best friends who worked for the Mavericks traded 4 seats on row 2 in Reunion to see Michael Jordan for 2 seats on row 2 in Barnhill. Most exiting atmosphere I have ever witnessed. Before the game we went over to the Clarion Hotel (UNLV's Hotel). Larry Johnson begged my friend to draft him and Tark tried to get me to attend his fantasy basketball camp which was on a cruise ship. We met Walter Payton who was picked up at the airport and shown around by Jack Crowe. I lived in Southern California at the time and this game was big all over the US. I called in to XTRA and Hacksaw Hamilton and was treated like a celebrity cause I had tickets to "THE GAME."
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"