Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 in sec rebounds, assists

Started by mathhog, January 04, 2009, 02:18:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

January 04, 2009, 02:18:42 pm Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:24:03 pm by mathhog
not bad for a team supposedly 'last in the west'!!!

http://secsports.com/new/sports/bkc/09stats/CONFLDRS.HTM#conf.wki

Washington #1 in the sec in rebounding

Fortson #1 in the sec in assists (averaging 7+... florida's calathes has 6+ and everyone else has 4 per game...  fortson is unbelievable!)

Rotnei WOULD BE #1 in Free Throw % if he shot more free throws... (sanchez is 13th in the sec by their count)

Rotnei #2 in the sec in 3-point percentage, with an unreal 43%

Washington #4 in Field goal percentage

Arkansas only team in the league with 4 guys scoring more than 12 points a game (Washington, Fortson, Welsh, Clarke)

Hogbody

ekyle1

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Fortson is #2 in the country in assists also.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Ahenso

Just have to keep those up. Thats what you call TEAM! Everyone doing their Job

Razor6

Would like to see us making our free throws like a Top 10 team.
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Dirty

Don't kill me for using these words. 

This team could be special.

The Hog

Quote from: mathhog on January 04, 2009, 02:18:42 pm
not bad for a team supposedly 'last in the west'!!!

Washington #1 in the sec in rebounding

Fortson #1 in the sec in assists (averaging 7+... florida's calathes has 6+ and everyone else has 4 per game...  fortson is unbelievable!)

Rotnei WOULD BE #1 in Free Throw % if he shot more free throws... (sanchez is 13th in the sec by their count)

Rotnei #2 in the sec in 3-point percentage, with an unreal 43%

Washington #4 in Field goal percentage

Arkansas only team in the league with 4 guys scoring more than 12 points a game (Washington, Fortson, Welsh, Clarke)

Last in the West in the media's mind and yours.  I never considered us a bottom feeder in the West even with young talent.  Look at what Kansas did last year with youth.  Looks like that blows your theory on youth.
Automatic RUN!

mathhog

Quote from: The Hog on January 04, 2009, 02:43:54 pm
Last in the West in the media's mind and yours.  I never considered us a bottom feeder in the West even with young talent.  Look at what Kansas did last year with youth.  Looks like that blows your theory on youth.

"yours??"

"your theory on youth??"

put the pipe down volfan123, what are you talking about? i predicted we'd be 10-6 months ago before midnight madness even.  i see 10 wins as a FLOOR and expect something like 11-12 wins if we don't pucker up on the road like stan's teams.

what on earth are you talking about?

if you need a couple days to get over the kansas blowout volfan, i'll give it to ya ;)

Beaverfever

Quote from: The Hog on January 04, 2009, 02:43:54 pm
While I agree with you that you can win big with young players, kansas from last year is not a good example.  They had a pretty experienced team.

HawgnCorona

i like the stats overall, but this one i like best.

a balanced scoring attack. execellent thanks you for supplying the numbers mathhog.

Arkansas only team in the league with 4 guys scoring more than 12 points a game (Washington, Fortson, Welsh, Clarke
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

The Hog

Quote from: mathhog on January 04, 2009, 02:55:57 pm
"yours??"

"your theory on youth??"

put the pipe down volfan123, what are you talking about? i predicted we'd be 10-6 months ago before midnight madness even.  i see 10 wins as a FLOOR and expect something like 11-12 wins if we don't pucker up on the road like stan's teams.

what on earth are you talking about?

if you need a couple days to get over the kansas blowout volfan, i'll give it to ya ;)
A the beginning of the season your were building your defense because of youth.  You may have said 10-6 but your were qualifying your 10-6 all the way.  Either it is or either is is not.  Don't straddle the fence.  We are pretty good if you care to watch and quit crying about not being able to watch.  Do you need a loan to get good service?

I hate to keep having to set your record straight about the Vols.  I guess you consider a blowout 7 points and all the Kansas still starters in the game.  Tennessee is not nearly as strong as last year if you have not noticed.  My opinion.  Oh, I forgot you only watched the first half when KU looked unbeatable but you forget the second half.  Use only a half to support your inept statement. 

Here is another perfect example of your omitted stats which you do so very conveniently.  What is Courtney's Assist/TO ratio?  I will explain why that is a misleading stat.  A player can have 20 fantastic, unbelievable assist but if they turn the ball over 15 times, guess what, that is not good.  Courtney has 87 assist to 48 turnovers.  That averages 7.3 assist to 4.0 turnovers.  Coach Ron Crawford (of AAU coaching status) states anything less than 2 is not good at all.  Courtney's' ration is at 1.81.  It is like leading the league in 3's but hitting 20%.  I sure am jacking up the treys but I am leading the league.  Rotnei is 2nd in percentage and 4th in makes.  That is good.  You definitely are related to Rick Schaeffer, right?  You sure sound like Rick with the stats you throw out. 

There is another poster who really does detailed stats so I suggest you leave that to him.  He screen name is Biggus Piggus.  Here is a link to the topic from a few days ago - http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=266869.msg3935467#msg3935467  Go to his very first post.  I realize it may be over your head but I have all the confidence you can eventually get it.

Are you still in Memphis?  I bet you get your fill of the Bruce Pearl show don't you?  Am I a Vol fan?  Nope, I just will not let you post lies about any team but you definitely have a mental disorder when it comes to your hatred Pearl.  I am not going there.  You can but I will not.  Some on the board do not like it when presented with facts or called out.  I will call them out when blowing smoke or trying to stir the pot with lies and misinformation.  If you want to state your opinion as opinion, that is fine but opinions are not facts.  Do not confuse the two. 

See you on another post I am sure.  You are welcome for the corrections to your blowout and the couple of stats you were short on.  I am glad to be of assistance and keep you straight.

Like the previous poster said, I used a bad example using Kansas but it went by you.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

January 04, 2009, 05:22:27 pm #13 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:25:18 pm by The Hog
Quote from: Beaverfever on January 04, 2009, 03:04:07 pm
While I agree with you that you can win big with young players, kansas from last year is not a good example.  They had a pretty experienced team.
You are correct.  That is what I get for taking Lynn's (ever what the color guys name is - Bayless?) statement as the truth.  Maybe he meant this year but he said last year NC team.
Automatic RUN!

mathhog

Quote from: The Hog on January 04, 2009, 05:21:11 pm
A the beginning of the season your were building your defense because of youth.  You may have said 10-6 but your were qualifying your 10-6 all the way.  Either it is or either is is not.  Don't straddle the fence.  We are pretty good if you care to watch and quit crying about not being able to watch.  Do you need a loan to get good service?

I hate to keep having to set your record straight about the Vols.  I guess you consider a blowout 7 points and all the Kansas still starters in the game.  Tennessee is not nearly as strong as last year if you have not noticed.  My opinion.  Oh, I forgot you only watched the first half when KU looked unbeatable but you forget the second half.  Use only a half to support your inept statement. 

Here is another perfect example of your omitted stats which you do so very conveniently.  What is Courtney's Assist/TO ratio?  I will explain why that is a misleading stat.  A player can have 20 fantastic, unbelievable assist but if they turn the ball over 15 times, guess what, that is not good.  Courtney has 87 assist to 48 turnovers.  That averages 7.3 assist to 4.0 turnovers.  Coach Ron Crawford (of AAU coaching status) states anything less than 2 is not good at all.  Courtney's' ration is at 1.81.  It is like leading the league in 3's but hitting 20%.  I sure am jacking up the treys but I am leading the league.  Rotnei is 2nd in percentage and 4th in makes.  That is good.  You definitely are related to Rick Schaeffer, right?  You sure sound like Rick with the stats you throw out. 

There is another poster who really does detailed stats so I suggest you leave that to him.  He screen name is Biggus Piggus.  Here is a link to the topic from a few days ago - http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=266869.msg3935467#msg3935467  Go to his very first post.  I realize it may be over your head but I have all the confidence you can eventually get it.

Are you still in Memphis?  I bet you get your fill of the Bruce Pearl show don't you?  Am I a Vol fan?  Nope, I just will not let you post lies about any team but you definitely have a mental disorder when it comes to your hatred Pearl.  I am not going there.  You can but I will not.  Some on the board do not like it when presented with facts or called out.  I will call them out when blowing smoke or trying to stir the pot with lies and misinformation.  If you want to state your opinion as opinion, that is fine but opinions are not facts.  Do not confuse the two. 

See you on another post I am sure.  You are welcome for the corrections to your blowout and the couple of stats you were short on.  I am glad to be of assistance and keep you straight.

Like the previous poster said, I used a bad example using Kansas but it went by you.

hey goober,

did you click the link?  these aren't MY stats, these are the sec's stats.

wow, how crazy.  again, i have no idea where this "oh we will be bad" thing is attributed to me.  i was pushing 10, 11 wins months ago.

once again, click the link, junior.  it's not "MY" numbers, its the numbers of a little thing called the southeastern conference, as of january 3 (after the last game yesterday, i believe lsu)

sheesh! 

mathhog

January 04, 2009, 05:27:47 pm #15 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:29:33 pm by mathhog

thanks for that ironic example.

ken pomeroy, of kenpom.com, says that courtney is sixth in the NATION in effective assist %.  thanks for attempting to explain basic math.

http://kenpom.com/leaders.php?c=ARate

yeah, how "misleading"

also, i'll take a high number of assists (that means for every assist a basket is made) over a great A/to ratio with low assists any day.

jason kidd may have a lot of turnovers, but he sure does have a lot of assists; compare that to the 3rd string pg on the celtics, for example, who might have a great A/TO ratio but 6 total assists.

crazy!

woopigsooie89

If you want to state your opinion as opinion, that is fine but opinions are not facts.  Do not confuse the two. 

pretty sure this thread is a fact, not opinion.. quit trolling..

The Hog

Quote from: mathhog on January 04, 2009, 05:27:47 pm
thanks for that ironic example.

ken pomeroy, of kenpom.com, says that courtney is sixth in the NATION in effective assist %.  thanks for attempting to explain basic math.

http://kenpom.com/leaders.php?c=ARate

yeah, how "misleading"

also, i'll take a high number of assists (that means for every assist a basket is made) over a great A/to ratio with low assists any day.

jason kidd may have a lot of turnovers, but he sure does have a lot of assists; compare that to the 3rd string pg on the celtics, for example, who might have a great A/TO ratio but 6 total assists.

crazy!
hey goober,

did you click the link?  these aren't MY stats, these are the sec's stats.

wow, how crazy.  again, i have no idea where this "oh we will be bad" thing is attributed to me.  i was pushing 10, 11 wins months ago.

once again, click the link, junior.  it's not "MY" numbers, its the numbers of a little thing called the southeastern conference, as of january 3 (after the last game yesterday, i believe lsu)

sheesh! 
You forgot to look down through the stats or you would have found my so nicely stated numbers to Assist/TO, Washington breakdown on rebounds, Rotnei's shooting, etc.  for the SEC site.  But you are a lazy poster who does not understand the numbers  you try to present.  Do your home work then come back with numbers that tell the entire story.  Again, leave the stats to Biggus.  Get behind the numbers but that could be a definite problem with a third grade math education.

You site Pomeroy.  Here is a chance to show how great thou art.  Tell me how he arrived at his numbers in your own words and what exactly what do the numbers mean.  This should be very interesting.
Automatic RUN!

The Hog

Quote from: woopigsooie89 on January 04, 2009, 05:32:13 pm
pretty sure this thread is a fact, not opinion.. quit trolling..

Read more and post less.  A whole 73 post.  WOW!
Automatic RUN!

bbulhogfan

gotta love Arkansas fans and how someone always has to be difficult... COUGH...The Hog...COUGH

The Hog

Quote from: bbulhogfan on January 04, 2009, 07:31:08 pm
gotta love Arkansas fans and how someone always has to be difficult... COUGH...The Hog...COUGH
I don't sugar coated for you little boys.  This is an open board so get on board or bale out.  Your call.
Automatic RUN!

bbulhogfan

math hog was simply giving stats that he found online and you have to contradict everything that he said. don't get your thong in a wad bc someone else is giving valid information

woopigsooie89

January 04, 2009, 07:43:29 pm #22 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 07:45:19 pm by woopigsooie89
Quote from: The Hog on January 04, 2009, 07:19:39 pm
Read more and post less.  A whole 73 post.  WOW!

maybe I've been banned before.. ever think of that?

notice there was no drama in here until you posted.. quit being dumb

Hawgrox

Huds_HawgTide

screw you all! hogs are playing some great, exciting ball rite now and all yall want to do is bust each others balls...screw the stats...screw the rankings...if you have watched them play or been to a game esp. the ou game and you cant be excited and united as one then we dont want you posting period...this is hog nation...we got rid of all the soaps last year...go hogs beat texas!!!

Peace out!!!
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

mathhog

Quote from: The Hog on January 04, 2009, 07:18:52 pm

You site Pomeroy.  Here is a chance to show how great thou art.  Tell me how he arrived at his numbers in your own words and what exactly what do the numbers mean.  This should be very interesting.

LOL X 1,000,000.  if you're talking about his effective Assist rate, it's simply assists/made field goals by the rest of the team while he's on the court.  for fortson, his arate is 42% -- so roughly HALF of the field goals made while he's on the court come through courtney. pretty dang good if i must say so.  (example: vs ou fortson had 10 assists and we had 30 total field goals.  3 of those FG were by courtney, and he played 39 minutes in the game.  i don't want to look and see when he came out, but assume we scored 1 fg while he was on the bench.  so 30 fg-3fortson fg - 1 'other' fg while britt was running the pt = 26 FG.  Fortson had 10 assists, so while Courtney is in the game, 10/26, or 39% of the Field Goals are made as a FORTSON ASSIST.  That's Un-freaking-believable against a #4 team.

now do the math that he AVERAGES 42% effective assists (again, what % of the non-courtney fg are made by HIS assists?).  so, more than 2/5 times, almost 1/2 times, our points come off a fortson assist.  and this is EXCLUDING the times fortson passes to mikewash, and he dribbles enough to cancel out the possible assist.

FACE IT courtney is the consummate team player, by my OWN EYES and by the NUMBERS. 

fortson is very very good, even with freshman mistakes.  get over it!!!!!

PennaHog

I like stats as much as the next guy but:

ARE YOU BOTH SERIOUS :o
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

Hogimus Prime

how many of Forton's tunovers were cause he was under pressure cause the line couldn't hold their blocks ?

LRCentralTiger

Give me the old Assist to TO ratio since it is the established bench mark for the NCAA, college coaches and AAU guys.  All this other crap sounds like the guys that invented the BCS formula.