Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#4 OU was the highest ranked team we've beaten since

Started by Hogtropolis™, January 01, 2009, 03:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

when?

I know last year we beat #6 Tennessee and in 01-02 we beat #6 Bama

We lost to #2 Florida in 06-07, #3 UConn in 05-06, and #3 Okla St. in 03-04.  We also lost twice to #4 Bama and once to #2 Kentucky in 02-03.

I can't seem to find many records that list ranked teams before the 01-02 season and I don't have that good of a memory to remember the last time we beat a team ranked in the top 5.  Does it go all the way back to 94-95 season?  Any help?

Hogcalla

I think TN was #4 when we beat them last year in the SEC Tourney.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hogcalla on January 01, 2009, 03:08:53 pm
Not according to this.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=8&year=2008

but on this they do have them listed at #4.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=30748&SPID=2421&DB_OEM_ID=6100&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2008

Are those different polls, or does one have them listed with final rankings and the other with rankings at time we played them?

alaback

Quote from: Hogcalla on January 01, 2009, 03:08:53 pm

Correct!  They were also had a #1 RPI ranking and were 28-3 when we beat them.  UT was an elite team last year that underachieved again in postseason.

Hogcalla

Not sure, but I did hear on the radio this last week that OU was the highest ranked team that we had beat since the TN game last year when they were #4. I would imagine that they may have been ranked differently between the two polls.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hogcalla on January 01, 2009, 03:22:13 pm
Not sure, but I did hear on the radio this last week that OU was the highest ranked team that we had beat since the TN game last year when they were #4. I would imagine that they may have been ranked differently between the two polls.
Thanks.  I guess it had been awhile before that Tennessee game though.  It's nice to be able to start getting wins over some quality opponents.  Hopefully there are many more top 5 and top 10 wins to come.

Hogcalla

I totally agree.  If we could take care of business next Tuesday against Texas that could really move us in the right direction.