Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diodoro busted again

Started by Torqued pork, March 31, 2024, 10:45:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Torqued pork

March 31, 2024, 10:45:42 pm Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 01:11:42 am by Torqued pork
According to horseracingnation.com Levothyroxine, a banned thyroid supplement, was found in his barn during what Oaklawn described as a routine inspection. He could be facing a 2 year suspension. He has lawyered up. 

heavylifting

Interesting that he entered not a single horse this racing week, April 4-7, nor did he enter anything for next Friday and Saturday.

Did Oaklawn discreetly tell him that he is persona non grata and to not darken the track's doorway (in other words, get the hell out)?

husker71

On Americas Day at the Races the other day they mentioned something like no more entries for him this year at OP.  Interesting to see what happens with his stock. 

Torqued pork

Quote from: husker71 on April 11, 2024, 03:49:10 pmOn Americas Day at the Races the other day they mentioned something like no more entries for him this year at OP.  Interesting to see what happens with his stock. 
I thought I heard the same but wasn't sure. I didn't see any of his horses listed on Oaklawn's Friday or Saturday cards.

heavylifting

He also seems to be on the outs at Turf Paradise, where he's been a mainstay and is currently third in the trainers standings. Nothing entered last week or this week.

In looking at the Turf Paradise entries, I found it interesting how many SoCal trainers I would never have expected to see in the entries there (for example, Craig Dollase, Neil Drysdale) finding spots for their stock that they might otherwise have sent to Golden Gate. The purses in Phoenix now appear to be more or less equivalent to those at GGF, at least in the allowance ranks. About the same distance, too, from Los Angeles to Phoenix as it is to the Bay Area. The way things are trending in California, Turf Paradise might be looking at a big boost in quality moving forward.