Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which team is better-2003 or 2006 Hogs?

Started by JIHawg, May 05, 2006, 09:46:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Offense:

QB-A jr Matt or a soph/fr Mitch/Casey-hard to call on this one-ultimately, Mitch
     will be the one to earn the big bucks, but as a freshman, this is too close to
     call, maybe slight edge to the 06 guys, or we're in some trouble.

RB-Cobbs, Pierce and Howard vs. Hillis, McFaddin, Jones and Smith-no brainer
     here-the 06 guys are incomparable.

Rec-Wilson and Smith vs this yr's crop-again, a no brainer-the 06 guys.

TE-Peters vs. whoever-Seeing as how Peters is in the NFL, he probably gets
     the nod, but could change.

OL-Andrews alone gives the nod to the 03 guys.

Kicking-Carlton gives the nod to the 03 guys.

Defense

Corners-Bat and Richardson-nuff said, 03.
Safeties-Beasley and crew-03.
Backers-Bua and Miller-incomparable with anything lately-03
D.L.-about a draw.

Overall-slight edge to the 03 guys due to better defense, does that mean the outlook this year is 7 or 8 wins and a weedeater bowl?

BigoBoys

afhogfan1980

smith and wilson were pretty good the new guys havent played yet so i give it to the 03 guys at wr only 2 wideouts on campus whos worth a dang right now is monk and  logan
"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

MrSpook1352

Hard to say before the season, but I'd be willing to guess the 06 team will be better.  Take away Matt Jones from 03 and your production goes way down.  With the 06 guys, I think we'll have more weapons and taking away 1 won't matter as much.  But we'll see.

mbgrulz

houston's Offense  in 2003 V. Gus' Offense  in 2006?

WINNER = 2006

if all things go according to plan and gus gets the reins, 06 will be better.

razorbrock

Quote from: JIHawg on May 05, 2006, 09:46:22 pm

D.L.-about a draw.

The 2003 team didn't have a DL.  The line rotated all year even starting JH (tr. fr.) a lot of the time.  The 2006 DL is the best Ark has had in several years and consequently will make the 2006 D the best Ark has had in years.  Also, I wouldn't give the 2003 LBs the nod until we see what FF, SO, and DS do this year.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." ~Winston Churchill