Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jermian Taylor Might Be Stripped of a Belt

Started by RebelHawg, May 05, 2006, 11:58:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross U (HDHF)

"...issue of whether Taylor had technically met the requirements such as having his last defense actually sanctioned before the bout, having a supervisor at the bout, a number of matters. "

Why the F should this matter? Sounds like some bull-shiite the NCAA would try to pull.  I figured the WBA would be better than that.

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 05, 2006, 12:14:06 pm
Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on May 05, 2006, 12:07:30 pm
I figured the WBA would be better than that.
Why would you think that? All of the boxing organizations do stuff like this all the time and thats why pro boxing is no more respected than it is. The average well-rounded sports fan can't even tell you the organizations names or their champions because we got tired of 4 champions in the same weight divisions.

This stuff and PPV has killed boxing.  Genie Lamp called into Press Row the other day and explained this.  They would rather have multiple champs than just 1, and every so often cash in on unification bouts.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RebelHawg

Quote from: mikeb on May 05, 2006, 12:25:12 pm
:-[ BS

Exactly.... I mean what does one have to do....Beat the man that was the champ for like what 20 years TWICE!!  Complete BS

WichitaStateRazorback