Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We need to play in Dallas

Started by JJHog, May 05, 2006, 10:49:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

We need to play in Dallas at the Cowboys new stadium at least every other year. We have one of our richest alumns that owns the thing, so we should be able to get it done.

I don't want to play Texas there each year, but TCU, Houston, etc. would do fine. Arkansas folks love to go to Dallas, it's out NYC. We would have the home crowd.

It may do wonders for recruting in DFW.

Get it done.
" Think Right, Do Right"

casken

Quote from: JJHog on May 05, 2006, 10:49:22 am
We need to play in Dallas at the Cowboys new stadium at least every other year. We have one of our richest alumns that owns the thing, so we should be able to get it done.

I don't want to play Texas there each year, but TCU, Houston, etc. would do fine. Arkansas folks love to go to Dallas, it's out NYC. We would have the home crowd.

Get it done.

It's down the road from me, ya got my vote!
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

hogfan064

Get it done.

Arkansas already has 2 homes we don't need a 3rd.  Only way to do this is if we removed WMS from our list of places to play.  The Hogs have one of the nation's finest facilities on the Hill.  We need to play our games there and 1 or 2 at WMS. 

HoopS

I'm all for having games in Big D with some regularity. 

charlie harper

I think playing texas in dallas every year would be a recruiting bonanza for the hogs.

hawg1978

I don't think we have any people in place at the athletic dept with the forsight of playing in Dallas every year against TCU,TAM or Texas Tech.  These guys in the athletic dept are not even competent enough to put Baum Stadium on NCAA College Baseball game much less come up with a way to play a game in Dallas and help the University as a whole.   

PS we cant put Baum Stadium on a game, but some d---head made the decision too put a razorback mascot getting his arse beat on a movie that has to do with Texas cheerleading.  GREAT MOVE! Thank God it was a bomb.

Calling All Hogs

Based on past history we need to play in Fayetteville as well as Dallas. LOL

hoggin das

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 05, 2006, 10:56:57 am

Get it done.

Arkansas already has 2 homes we don't need a 3rd.  Only way to do this is if we removed WMS from our list of places to play.  The Hogs have one of the nation's finest facilities on the Hill.  We need to play our games there and 1 or 2 at WMS. 

Playing Texas every year in Dallas could be huge. But there's no way we ever utililze it as a "home" field and bring in other teams. That would never work politically in Texas.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: hawg1978 on May 05, 2006, 11:24:00 am
I don't think we have any people in place at the athletic dept with the forsight of playing in Dallas every year against TCU,TAM or Texas Tech.  These guys in the athletic dept are not even competent enough to put Baum Stadium on NCAA College Baseball game much less come up with a way to play a game in Dallas and help the University as a whole.   

PS we cant put Baum Stadium on a game, but some d---head made the decision too put a razorback mascot getting his arse beat on a movie that has to do with Texas cheerleading.  GREAT MOVE! Thank God it was a bomb.

Are you serious?! I'm assuming you're talking about MVP 2006 Baseball.  Love the game minus the fact that our stadium isn't in it, and I was wondering why it wasn't seeing as it's one of the top 5 stadiums in the country.

Hoggy Hogalot

The University was paid big bucks to use the mascot.

hogsanity

Neutral site games, with a couple exceptions ( TX/Ou & Ga/FL ) are a thing of the past.  So are split "home" schedules.  If they were worth doing, teams like Bama would still play "home" games at other sites in their states.  Now a one time shot thing may be okay, but not every year or every other year. 

How about the fans stepping up and filling RRS for EVERY game like other SEC schools do.  Regardless of who the opponent is, and regardless of your record at the time. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogmary

I'd love to play Texas every year home and home.  If we play in Dallas every year, I have absolutely no interest at all in the game.  Why do we have a 70,000 seat home stadium if we are not going to play games like this in it?

hogfan064

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on May 05, 2006, 01:21:33 pm

The University was paid big bucks to use the mascot.

Wasn't Billy Bob Thorton in that movie? I might be mistaken about that.  If so as a Razorback he should've never participated in a Longhorn movie.  F#ck you Texas

MrSpook1352

Quote from: hogsanity on May 05, 2006, 01:39:09 pm
Neutral site games, with a couple exceptions ( TX/Ou & Ga/FL ) are a thing of the past.  So are split "home" schedules.  If they were worth doing, teams like Bama would still play "home" games at other sites in their states.  Now a one time shot thing may be okay, but not every year or every other year. 

How about the fans stepping up and filling RRS for EVERY game like other SEC schools do.  Regardless of who the opponent is, and regardless of your record at the time. 

Now there's a thought - fill up the stadium even when you're not having a great year.  It's a great thought, but it will never happen here.  Too many fans are too fickle.  We have about 40,000 that are diehards, about 10 or 15,000 that are wannabe's, and the rest are blowhards that will only support the team when the going gets easy.

Macgyver Hawg

One of the baseball staff told me an EA Sports employee came out and took a bunch of photos of Baum for the NCAA baseball game.  Why it wasn't in the game is at the feet of EA Sports since only about a dozen real stadiums made it in.

BigoBoys

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 05, 2006, 10:56:57 am

Get it done.

Exactly!  Why travel the players away from their home?  Why give the revenue of the weekend to the state of Texas and the city of Dallas.  Why give the ticket revenue to Jerry  (you can be certain he will take a cut)?  Why miss an opportunity to show off facilities that are now world class?  Why go to a place that you can't host recruits?  If you eliminated games at WMS, why would you ever play a home game out of state?  Winning in the SEC will do more for recruiting in Texas than playing in Dallas. 

Cornhogio

That neutral site w/Texas thing is not going to happen.  UT & OU just signed a deal through '10. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Bacon The Saddle Again

The deal through 2010 doesn't change anything.

The home/home deal we have with Texas won't end until 2010.  The Dallas talk was for after we finish this home and home.

Cornhogio

If they signed through 2010, they'll sign again as long as they get some improvements to the Cotton Bowl.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Cornhogio on May 06, 2006, 04:58:07 pm
If they signed through 2010, they'll sign again as long as they get some improvements to the Cotton Bowl.

I seriously doubt that the city of Dallas is going to put a ton of renovations into any building in that part of town for the purpose of keeping that one football game.  I think there is a pretty good chance that OU and UT will be playing home and home after 2010

hoggystyle78

Playing Texas in Dallas ever year is a helluva idea! It will no doubt help with recruiting, especially in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Burnt Orange Sucks

Get it done.
I do think we should play in Dallas, and I DO think we should play Texass there.
Neutral field, Half HOGS, half horns',.....BRING IT BRUTHA'!!!!!!!!!!!!
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'