Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is the Reality Nutt Huggers

Started by hogsrmyfav36, May 05, 2006, 10:03:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fire_hog

I find it interesting that even the most hardcore HDN supporters think the Gus hire was a good one. Pretty sad when your best friends are basically telling you "Houston, go sit over there and hush".

I've asked this question before of Huggers and received no response, but I'll try again:

What one area or areas does HDN excel at in coaching, besides motivation (and that is questionable)? Recruiting? Playcalling? Time management? Discipline? Player evaluation?

I can't point to a single on-the-field job that Nutt does well, much less excels at. Am I missing something? Huggers?
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

hogsrmyfav36

Quote from: fire_hog on May 05, 2006, 02:43:59 pm
I find it interesting that even the most hardcore HDN supporters think the Gus hire was a good one. Pretty sad when your best friends are basically telling you "Houston, go sit over there and hush".

I've asked this question before of Huggers and received no response, but I'll try again:

What one area or areas does HDN excel at in coaching, besides motivation (and that is questionable)? Recruiting? Playcalling? Time management? Discipline? Player evaluation?

I can't point to a single on-the-field job that Nutt does well, much less excels at. Am I missing something? Huggers?

Exactly!!!!  Every aspect you mentioned Nutt is either poor at or questionable.  I still look back and wonder what in the hell JFB was thinking hiring a guy with only 1 year of experience at the I-A level and that was a losing season.
F&*!NG INTRANET

ShellHog

Quote from: fire_hog on May 05, 2006, 02:43:59 pm

Those are loaded question's....There is not a correct answer. We can discuss games all day that he has made good and bad coaching decisions.  Every coach has been outcoached.

For every game you say he was out-coached, I can name a game had a great game-plan.
You say Vandy '05, I say Texas '04.
You say South Carolina '05, I say Aub '02.

I will say I think HDN has won more games as an underdog than he has lost as a favorite....I could be wrong.

hogsrmyfav36

The only thing Nutt has been good at is getting himself a personal bodyguard (Decker) to run interference for him as he slips into basketball games at BW, being the first head coach that knows all the words to the fight song, and showing all of us how to survive without a pair of nail clippers.
F&*!NG INTRANET

hogtheball

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on May 05, 2006, 02:55:15 pm
The only thing Nutt has been good at is getting himself a personal bodyguard (Decker) to run interference for him as he slips into basketball games at BW, being the first head coach that knows all the words to the fight song, and showing all of us how to survive without a pair of nail clippers.

I'm certainly not a Hugger, but that's enough of the fingernail bite-bashing.  Nail biting is an addiction, and not an easy one to overcome. My name is Hogtheball, and I a bite my nails...
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

ShellHog

Quote from: hogtheball on May 05, 2006, 02:57:21 pm

I'm certainly not a Hugger, but that's enough of the fingernail bite-bashing.  Nail biting is an addiction, and not an easy one to overcome. My name is Hogtheball, and I a bite my nails...
My name is ShellHog, and I chew nails.......

hogsrmyfav36

You guys are right. I'm sorry.  We need to have an intervention for HDN for his nail biting. 
F&*!NG INTRANET

hogsrmyfav36

F&*!NG INTRANET

southeasthog

Butch Davis is not the coach and I am already sick of hearing his name. What will happen if he doesn't come next year? Will we see BD 08 on all the threads?

Ugly Uncle

My name is Ugly Uncle and I have been clean for 93 days.  I haven't bit my nails for three months. (well, there was once, but I was eating hot wings and did it on accident).  My 12 step plan is going well.  I'll let you know when I am to the step that I have to make restitution for all my mean post.  I'm not there yet.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: southeasthog on May 05, 2006, 03:11:15 pm
Butch Davis is not the coach and I am already sick of hearing his name. What will happen if he doesn't come next year? Will we see BD 08 on all the threads?

Probably.  I am starting a club.  Want to join?  I am calling it A.B.N.

Anybody but Nutt.  All dues go to the advancement of UUBF. (Ugly Uncle Boat Fund)
It is a very worthy charitable organization.
Retired Radio Host

hogtheball

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 03:12:16 pm
My name is Ugly Uncle and I have been clean for 93 days.  I haven't bit my nails for three months. (well, there was once, but I was eating hot wings and did it on accident).  My 12 step plan is going well.  I'll let you know when I am to the step that I have to make restitution for all my mean post.  I'm not there yet.

I'm just glad to know you have fingers. uh...you don't bite your toenails, do you?
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

hogsrmyfav36

Quote from: hogtheball on May 05, 2006, 02:57:21 pm

Good job guy.  Remember, the first step in overcoming your addiction is admitting you have a problem.  If only Houston could be as honest with himself
F&*!NG INTRANET