Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is the Reality Nutt Huggers

Started by hogsrmyfav36, May 05, 2006, 10:03:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsrmyfav36

http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?type=0&year=2006&pr=2&pt=6

Look at how many SEC schools' recruiting classes are ranked in the top 25.  Do you see Arkansas anywhere on that list?  Even with the top high school quarterback in the country Nutt's recruiting class doesn't approach the rest of the SEC.  The best 2 teams Nutt has had (98 and 99) were not Nutt recruits.  He seems to be able to pick up a marquee player every couple of years but can't consistently bring in top notch players.  The NCAA "shadow" is gone and Nutt still can't recruit.  Someone's gotta go.
F&*!NG INTRANET

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

hogsrmyfav36

By the way, look how high Ole Miss is rated.  FREAKING OLE MISS
F&*!NG INTRANET

hogtheball

Quote from: HogISH? on May 05, 2006, 10:04:14 am
the trash can.

HogISH

Are you saying our program is in the trash can Hogish?  I agree.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Allister Fiend

I see us averaging in the mid 20's overall. That's were the problem begins. We have talent averaging in the mid 20's, but our average ranking is not even close to that. Someone has to coach the talent. At this point, it would be nice to average around #25 in the polls over several years.

hogfan064

Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on May 05, 2006, 10:03:34 am
http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?type=0&year=2006&pr=2&pt=6

Look at how many SEC schools' recruiting classes are ranked in the top 25.  Do you see Arkansas anywhere on that list?  Even with the top high school quarterback in the country Nutt's recruiting class doesn't approach the rest of the SEC.  The best 2 teams Nutt has had (98 and 99) were not Nutt recruits.  He seems to be able to pick up a marquee player every couple of years but can't consistently bring in top notch players.  The NCAA "shadow" is gone and Nutt still can't recruit.  Someone's gotta go.
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on May 05, 2006, 10:04:55 am
By the way, look how high Ole Miss is rated.  FREAKING OLE MISS

A class filled with JUCOS

geoffhog

Is there a more meaningless list anywhere in the world, other than recruiting rankings? From 2002-2005, Tennessee was ranked 2nd, 18th, 11th and 4th by Rivals and it got them a 5-6 record. Oklahoma was no lower than 7th those same years and had their worst season in 7 years. In 3 or 4 years if we're not winning then we should gripe about this years class, not before they ever step on the field.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Landonhog

Quote from: geoffhog on May 05, 2006, 10:29:03 am
Is there a more meaningless list anywhere in the world, other than recruiting rankings? From 2002-2005, Tennessee was ranked 2nd, 18th, 11th and 4th by Rivals and it got them a 5-6 record. Oklahoma was no lower than 7th those same years and had their worst season in 7 years. In 3 or 4 years if we're not winning then we should gripe about this years class, not before they ever step on the field.

AGREED...  Well put sir!

Allister Fiend

I can't really totally dismiss the recruiting ranking as MOST (not all) of the teams that consistantly recruit top 25 classes are also consistantly top 25 teams.

geoffhog

May 05, 2006, 10:45:30 am #9 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 10:47:08 am by geoffhog
Quote from: Allister Fiend on May 05, 2006, 10:34:36 am
I can't really totally dismiss the recruiting ranking as MOST (not all) of the teams that consistently recruit top 25 classes are also consistently top 25 teams.
I can't completely disagree, there are teams that are always ranked high in recruiting and in the polls, but there are a lot of disparities between the two, also. One example is Virginia Tech. They had one Top 25 class the last 5 years, but were consistently in the Top 10 in the polls, finishing 7th. On the otherhand, Virginia was Top 20 every year and was nowhere to be seen in last years polls.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

HogJoeHelm

You know, the reason I don't visit this board as often as I do are discussions like these.  Can you people find anything else to talk about?  Seems all you do is regurgitate the same thing over and over and over again.  We get it, you don't like nutt.  I'm not a fan, either, but talk about something else.

PLEASE!!!!

casken

Quote from: HogJoeHelm on May 05, 2006, 10:45:36 am
You know, the reason I don't visit this board as often as I do are discussions like these.  Can you people find anything else to talk about?  Seems all you do is regurgitate the same thing over and over and over again.  We get it, you don't like nutt.  I'm not a fan, either, but talk about something else.

PLEASE!!!!

Yup, that'd be nice!
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

hogtheball

PLEASE!!!!

If you talk about the uniforms, somebody gets upset and challenges your manhood.  If you talk about basketball and Heath, somebody says the season is over - talk about something else.  If you try to get excited about the new talent on the hill, somebody says they're tired of hearing about guys who haven't even played a down yet.  If you don't appreciate a topic, just go to another.  That's what I do.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

charlie harper

Quote from: geoffhog on May 05, 2006, 10:45:30 am
Quote from: Allister Fiend on May 05, 2006, 10:34:36 am
I can't really totally dismiss the recruiting ranking as MOST (not all) of the teams that consistently recruit top 25 classes are also consistently top 25 teams.
I can't completely disagree, there are teams that are always ranked high in recruiting and in the polls, but there are a lot of disparities between the two, also. One example is Virginia Tech. They had one Top 25 class the last 5 years, but were consistently in the Top 10 in the polls, finishing 7th. On the otherhand, Virginia was Top 20 every year and was nowhere to be seen in last years polls.

The hogs have been seventh in the sec in recruiting for years. That's also about what we  average in the final standings. Seventh in the sec does not get us in the top 25, even though I think many years we deserve to be ranked that high. Just another peril of life in the sec.

HogJoeHelm

Quote from: hogtheball on May 05, 2006, 10:57:58 am

PLEASE!!!!

If you talk about the uniforms, somebody gets upset and challenges your manhood.  If you talk about basketball and Heath, somebody says the season is over - talk about something else.  If you try to get excited about the new talent on the hill, somebody says they're tired of hearing about guys who haven't even played a down yet.  If you don't appreciate a topic, just go to another.  That's what I do.

I can't go to another topic because they are all the same topic.  The administrators said to take all nutt discussions to the Vent.  That would be nice.  It's very frustrating to see every thread about the same thing.  I just want originality.

hogtheball

There are 35 topics on MMQB, and only 4 about Nutt.  Granted, he might come up in 4 or 5 more, but there are plenty without.  Here's one clue, if the headline contains the word "Nutt" you might want to avoid that one.  Also, if it says something like "the state of our football program" or "our losing record in footbal" those would probably contain some comments about Nutt as well.   Just trying to help as I can see you are frustrated.

Calling All Hogs

We are 9th in the conference. Sounds like a compelling reason to either change coaches or conferences!

SupaCrawf

May 05, 2006, 12:20:30 pm #17 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:26:07 pm by SupaCrawf
How the crap is Okie State at 22?  If you can recruit to Stillwater, with an uproven head coach, and the year they had last year, you can recruit anywhere...

Still, we came in at 26, and if you look at us and Tennesse, you see that there isn't much difference in the classes.  Maybe it's a step in the right direction.
I'm kind of a big deal.

SupaCrawf

PLEASE!!!!

Care to start an interesting and exciting thread in the middle of May?  What is there to talk about?  I'm waiting for your brilliant thread....
I'm kind of a big deal.

ShellHog

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 05, 2006, 12:20:30 pm
How the crap is Okie State at 22?  If you can recruit to Stillwater, with an uproven head coach, and the year they had last year, you can recruit anywhere...

Still, we came in at 26, and if you look at us and Tennesse, you see that there isn't much difference in the classes.  Maybe it's a step in the right direction.

Would you trade Arkansas 2006 Recruiting Class for OSU's?   I think not.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HogJoeHelm on May 05, 2006, 11:19:19 am
Quote from: hogtheball on May 05, 2006, 10:57:58 am

PLEASE!!!!

I can't go to another topic because they are all the same topic.  The administrators said to take all nutt discussions to the Vent.  That would be nice.  It's very frustrating to see every thread about the same thing.  I just want originality.

Sure...lets talk about what you want to talk about.  Want to start a great discussion on "Trading Spaces"?  Hey, how about a riveting exchange of ideas about "The traveling antique show."  I hear Martha Stewart had a very interesting guest on her show today.

Please, this is a Hogs message board.  These threads are popular because that is what Hog fans are interested in and wanting to talk about.
Retired Radio Host

SupaCrawf

Quote from: ShellHog on May 05, 2006, 12:36:57 pm

Would you trade Arkansas 2006 Recruiting Class for OSU's?   I think not.

No, I wouldn't.  Also, if you look at what we needed most last year, it's fair to say, qb's and wr's are at the top of the list.  If you look at the link, and filter by position, we are top ten nationally in both catagories.  Maybe this class doesn't suck, Maybe they had a plan and filled some needs... (thank God there is no karma, positive talk can get lot's o' smite ;) )
I'm kind of a big deal.

ShellHog

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 05, 2006, 12:49:15 pm

No, I wouldn't.  Also, if you look at what we needed most last year, it's fair to say, qb's and wr's are at the top of the list.  If you look at the link, and filter by position, we are top ten nationally in both catagories.  Maybe this class doesn't suck, Maybe they had a plan and filled some needs... (thank God there is no karma, positive talk can get lot's o' smite ;) )

The coaching staff had a plan and filled some needs.....You may be on to something. 
We are about to get lit-up:)

SupaCrawf

Quote from: ShellHog on May 05, 2006, 12:57:31 pm

The coaching staff had a plan and filled some needs.....You may be on to something. 
Ok, so what you're telling me is:
a) our recruiting class wasn't highly enough ranked
b) you wouldn't trade it for O State's, which has a higher ranking

Would you trade our class for Fat Phils?  Or do we have to be in the top 10 nationally for Nutt to be anything less than horrible?
I'm kind of a big deal.

ShellHog

Would you trade our class for Fat Phils?  Or do we have to be in the top 10 nationally for Nutt to be anything less than horrible?
[/quote]

Hold on.
Im with ya brotha.........I like the class this year. I meant You & I was going to get lit-up for even suggesting the coaching staff does have a clue about recruiting, shoot, about anything.

I would not trade HOGS class this year for many top 20 classes.  Don't get me wrong, there are a few, but 26th ranking is way low.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 05, 2006, 01:00:10 pm

So, what you are saying is...that for the first time in HDN's tenure he finally figured out where the needs were and filled the gaps?  Care to talk about the LB's?

Secondly, you want to discuss HDN being less than terrible because he filled these holes this year?  When you consider that he would not have had the QB and would not have had any of those receivers except for one (Norman) until he hired Gus?  Good grief, this "less than horrible" coach you speak of almost lost 4 out of the 5 Major D1 recruits in his own back yard.  Gus saved this recruiting class...now you think that HDN is some genius because he "filled needs" in this class?  How many of those WR's and QB's were committed before Gus?

Please...your logic doesn't hold.  If I misunderstood what you were saying...my regrets.  But if you are saying what I think you are saying...I can't defend your logic.
Retired Radio Host

SupaCrawf

Quote from: ShellHog on May 05, 2006, 01:12:18 pm

Hold on.
Im with ya brotha.........I like the class this year. I meant You & I was going to get lit-up for even suggesting the coaching staff does have a clue about recruiting, shoot, about anything.

I would not trade HOGS class this year for many top 20 classes.  Don't get me wrong, there are a few, but 26th ranking is way low.
[/quote]

Good deal, I get suspicious on here sometimes, people who have any faith left are few and far between.  I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to some 'crow eating' threads midway through F-Ball season....

I'm kind of a big deal.

Swino

This is the dead time of the year, and since the football team hasn't been doing well at all during the past 5 years, there isn't a lot of positives to talk about.  Everything will pick up and get better around July.

ShellHog

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 01:17:40 pm

So, what you are saying is...that for the first time in HDN's tenure he finally figured out where the needs were and filled the gaps?  Care to talk about the LB's?

Secondly, you want to discuss HDN being less than terrible because he filled these holes this year?  When you consider that he would not have had the QB and would not have had any of those receivers except for one (Norman) until he hired Gus?  Good grief, this "less than horrible" coach you speak of almost lost 4 out of the 5 Major D1 recruits in his own back yard.  Gus saved this recruiting class...now you think that HDN is some genius because he "filled needs" in this class?  How many of those WR's and QB's were committed before Gus?

Please...your logic doesn't hold.  If I misunderstood what you were saying...my regrets.  But if you are saying what I think you are saying...I can't defend your logic.

I see 4 LB's in 2006 class....wouldn't you hold Herring responsible for LB's anyway, at least more so than HDN. 
I beginning to understand your logic.....blame HDN for everything that may go wrong, but give the assistants kudos for anything that may go right.

SupaCrawf

There is a difference between 'genius' and 'not horrible.'  Here's a thread about how bad our recruiting is, and low and behold, we're 26th.  Not great, but sure could be alot worse.  I admit, there are problems at LB and in the secondary.  But, if anyone on this team can do the fabled 'more with less,' it's probably Reggie.  The D was solid by the end of the year.  However, you can't take our QB and WR group and run Gus's offense.  Might as well send the D out to play, at least the CB's had some speed.

So, we got what we needed the most.  What scares me is depth, but I'd rather have some skill at skill postions than be 5 deep at LB, and have ROJO throwing the ball to a triple covered Marcus Monk.
I'm kind of a big deal.

hogsanity

There wont be any crow eating threads.  If the hogs do well it will be because of mitch or Gus or Herring.  Yet, if they struggle it will be Nutts fault.

As for the recruiting issue, people want to dismiss one very big part of it, almost, with a couple exceptions, all the top 20 classes come from states with huge pools of in state talent. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SupaCrawf

Quote from: hogsanity on May 05, 2006, 01:32:28 pm
There wont be any crow eating threads.  If the hogs do well it will be because of mitch or Gus or Herring.  Yet, if they struggle it will be Nutts fault.

As for the recruiting issue, people want to dismiss one very big part of it, almost, with a couple exceptions, all the top 20 classes come from states with huge pools of in state talent. 
So true.  Even if there were crow eating threads, people would be back off the bandwagon at first opportunity.  That's why I stay consistant.  Never talk crap, and you don't have to eat crow...
I'm kind of a big deal.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 05, 2006, 01:32:16 pm

There is a difference between 'genius' and 'not horrible.'  Here's a thread about how bad our recruiting is, and low and behold, we're 26th.  Not great, but sure could be alot worse.  I admit, there are problems at LB and in the secondary.  But, if anyone on this team can do the fabled 'more with less,' it's probably Reggie.  The D was solid by the end of the year.  However, you can't take our QB and WR group and run Gus's offense.  Might as well send the D out to play, at least the CB's had some speed.

So, we got what we needed the most.  What scares me is depth, but I'd rather have some skill at skill postions than be 5 deep at LB, and have ROJO throwing the ball to a triple covered Marcus Monk.

Yes, but you were trying to say that HDN knew what he was doing and went out and got the players he needed.  If you remember, this recruiting class was in shambles before Gus came in...convinced MM to re-commit, which brought in CS, who then helped get DW, which then brought in 3-4 other guys.  Tell me where Nutt was suddenly..."Oh, we have these holes...I'll snap my fingers and fill them."

If you ask me, we missed out on the most important recruit out of Springdale last year.  One Butch Davis.  That is the big one we missed on.  I wish we could have brought him in to fill the HUGE hole that we have at HC this year.
Retired Radio Host

SupaCrawf

Quote from: Hogmania on May 05, 2006, 01:37:21 pm

BS, what like Nebraska

LOL, another Nutt apolgist, what like Nebraska, South Carolina, Mississippi or maybe Oklahoma you mean those huge hotbeds of talent?   You guys just keep digging your selves deeper with post like this.
Good point, Nebraska has been ON FIRE lately. ;)

Also, go back and look at where most of the talent on those teams that won 10+ games came from....

Remember LSU in the BCS NC?  Wasn't their whole D-Line from Louisiana?  How about USC, did they have any Cali kids last year?  And, wasn't Texas about 80% Texans?  It's not an excuse, it's a fact.  We have to overcome it. 
I'm kind of a big deal.

hogsanity

So is Butch Davis the only coach available.  He is the only one I ever see mentioned.  Which again leads me to ask:  If he is so good, why is he still unemployed?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SupaCrawf

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 01:38:27 pm

Yes, but you were trying to say that HDN knew what he was doing and went out and got the players he needed.  If you remember, this recruiting class was in shambles before Gus came in...convinced MM to re-commit, which brought in CS, who then helped get DW, which then brought in 3-4 other guys.  Tell me where Nutt was suddenly..."Oh, we have these holes...I'll snap my fingers and fill them."

If you ask me, we missed out on the most important recruit out of Springdale last year.  One Butch Davis.  That is the big one we missed on.  I wish we could have brought him in to fill the HUGE hole that we have at HC this year.
Ah yes, the Butch Davis arguement, aka, the grass is always greener.  I know, from what I read, that he wouldn't have made any mistakes or lost any games, or missed out on any recruits....

Also, my original post doesn't mention HDN, it says 'they,' indicating the entire coaching staff, which includes Gus.  Maybe, just maybe, Houston shut up and listened for a minute or two...
I'm kind of a big deal.

Donald Miller

Quote from: hogsanity on May 05, 2006, 01:42:29 pm
So is Butch Davis the only coach available.  He is the only one I ever see mentioned.  Which again leads me to ask:  If he is so good, why is he still unemployed?

I would speculate by choice since he's made comments he wanted to take some time off. And, if you'll remember, he told LSU to get lost when they wanted to talk before they hired Miles.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: SupaCrawf on May 05, 2006, 01:42:32 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 01:38:27 pm

Ah yes, the Butch Davis arguement, aka, the grass is always greener.  I know, from what I read, that he wouldn't have made any mistakes or lost any games, or missed out on any recruits....

Also, my original post doesn't mention HDN, it says 'they,' indicating the entire coaching staff, which includes Gus.  Maybe, just maybe, Houston shut up and listened for a minute or two...

Well, not probable...but possible.  I don't ever see this guy keeping his mouth shut...but maybe.  Maybe he decided to hush right after he told Gus, "I didn't want you, and I don't show you respect, but would you please save my job?" 

Maybe you are right.  HDN egomaniac...keeping quiet.  It could happen.
Retired Radio Host

ShellHog

Butch is the ONLY coach to not win a National Championship at Miami (Fl) in the last 25 years.  I understand, he might have if he had stayed, but many members of Hogville.net would have a legit shot to coach for a National Championship for UM. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: hogsanity on May 05, 2006, 01:42:29 pm

Let's see...he is making 3 million a year.  He would take a cut in pay if he went anywhere.  People showed interest, but he wanted to remain close to his father.

Trust me, there are many more reasons for him to not have a job than there are for HDN to still have one.
Retired Radio Host

hogsNbeer

Quote from: ShellHog on May 05, 2006, 01:54:53 pm
Butch is the ONLY coach to not win a National Championship at Miami (Fl) in the last 25 years.  I understand, he might have if he had stayed, but many members of Hogville.net would have a legit shot to coach for a National Championship for UM. 

Shell....  Like I've said before----  NUTT could have had the Southern Cal Team the last 3 years and drilled them straight into the ground......... Like he's done our beloved program since his tenure.......NUTT apologists just kill me........ None of them want anything better for their program.........Very sad..

warthog44

Quote from: geoffhog on May 05, 2006, 10:29:03 am

Geoffhog,

It would be interesting to see how OU was ranked in the 97-99 years right before they re-emerged on the scene? 

Seems that the recruiting guru's sometimes put the cart in front of the horse.

Ugly Uncle

LOL...dude, if you actually meant what you just said, then...wow...you need to go and  study the situation.  Look at the state of the program when he got there.  Look at what he did while he was there.  Look at the amount of Scholarships he had available.  Look at his statement where he said he wouldn't recruit just the best athletes but they had to have no character issues.  Look at the team he put together.  He should have been playing for the NC his last year.  Watch his games and see how well they were coached. 

You cannot say our teams have been well coached.  The best is, "they play with a lot of emotion."  But never, "just a well disciplined coached team."

Your last post was a joke I hope.
Retired Radio Host

hogsanity

One more thing on recruiting rankings.  Your class can be highly ranked but be either top heavy or position heavy.  Sign 3 stud Rbs' and a couple stud WR and your class will be highly ranked, but overall not helpful

ShellHog

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 02:04:50 pm

LOL...dude, if you actually meant what you just said, then...wow...you need to go and  study the situation.  Look at the state of the program when he got there.  Look at what he did while he was there.  Look at the amount of Scholarships he had available.  Look at his statement where he said he wouldn't recruit just the best athletes but they had to have no character issues.  Look at the team he put together.  He should have been playing for the NC his last year.  Watch his games and see how well they were coached. 

You cannot say our teams have been well coached.  The best is, "they play with a lot of emotion."  But never, "just a well disciplined coached team."

I was being sarcastic.   I am not bashing BD.....but what he did at Miami would in no way be relevant to what he would do at Arkansas.  I am guessing that 90% of his UM team are from the state of Florida, with 65% from county's surrounding Miami...You get my point. 

Its my opinion that HDN has not run Arkansas program into the ground.  I was informed there may be a couple of down years.  I expect the HOGS to be back in SEC West race this year.

I am guessing its many of you guys opinion Arkansas will not be back in the 'thick-of-it' this year....and its all HDN's fault.

One of us will BE WRONG.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ShellHog on May 05, 2006, 02:15:53 pm

I was being sarcastic.   I am not bashing BD.....but what he did at Miami would in no way be relevant to what he would do at Arkansas.  I am guessing that 90% of his UM team are from the state of Florida, with 65% from county's surrounding Miami...You get my point. 

Its my opinion that HDN has not run Arkansas program into the ground.  I was informed there may be a couple of down years.  I expect the HOGS to be back in SEC West race this year.

I am guessing its many of you guys opinion Arkansas will not be back in the 'thick-of-it' this year....and its all HDN's fault.

One of us will BE WRONG.

Look.  We should have been 7-4 last year...except for some REALLY bad coaching mistakes that cost us three ball games.  We SHOULD be 8-4 or 9-3 this year if we can keep just one of our coaches from trying to interfere. I think we could be back in the thick of it this year.   Hey, I believe our record could even be better than that...but we have a 600lb Gorilla in our living room that keeps breaking our furniture.
Retired Radio Host

hogtheball

I was being sarcastic.   I am not bashing BD.....but what he did at Miami would in no way be relevant to what he would do at Arkansas.  I am guessing that 90% of his UM team are from the state of Florida, with 65% from county's surrounding Miami...You get my point. 

One of us will BE WRONG.

Actually I think even the darkest of the darksiders (HIM excluded) think we should be in the thick of it this year. Then again, we thought so last year and the year before.  By the way, I don't remember anybody saying that 2004 was supposed to be a terrible year.

hogsrmyfav36

PLEASE!!!!

If you don't like it then why in the hell are you reading AND THEN POSTING???
F&*!NG INTRANET

ShellHog

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 02:21:12 pm

One of us will BE WRONG.

Look.  We should have been 7-4 last year...except for some REALLY bad coaching mistakes that cost us three ball games.  We SHOULD be 8-4 or 9-3 this year if we can keep just one of our coaches from trying to interfere. I think we could be back in the thick of it this year.   Hey, I believe our record could even be better than that...but we have a 600lb Gorilla in our living room that keeps breaking our furniture.

I understand...You think HOGS can go 9-3 despite HDN.
Give the guy a break.  You seem to always blaime him, but not willing to give him any credit for anything....even future wins.
He has won the same # of bowl games as the previous 5 HOG coaches combined.   

ShellHog

Quote from: hogtheball on May 05, 2006, 02:24:20 pm

One of us will BE WRONG.

Actually I think even the darkest of the darksiders (HIM excluded) think we should be in the thick of it this year. Then again, we thought so last year and the year before.  By the way, I don't remember anybody saying that 2004 was supposed to be a terrible year.

HOGS lost 21 starters in 03'...What was you expecting?