Started by Ugly Uncle, May 05, 2006, 12:14:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: wrightobe on May 06, 2006, 12:30:44 am
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 06, 2006, 12:13:49 am
Quote from: wrightobe on May 06, 2006, 12:05:38 am
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 05, 2006, 10:51:57 am
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on May 05, 2006, 10:13:47 am
He has friends in important places because "he's a good christian man"  How can any Razorback fan or booster support Nutt just because he's crafted this image of being a pseudo evangelist?  Ken Hatfield was "a good christian man" but he had support from boosters because he WON FOOTBALL GAMES.  It may have been a boring offense but he gave us 9 to 10 wins almost every year.

If Numb Nutts has friends in high places who want to keep him on regardless of his lousy job performance just because he's a fine Christian man, then those people are the real downfall of the football program. As  long as the powers-that-be choose a supposedly squeaky clean image over success, we're screwed and nothing short of a fan revolt (lost ticket sales, contributions, etc.) will get things changed on the Hill. As long as cash flows to the Athletic Dept. and the Razorback Foundation, the status quo of mediocrity will remain.

It's funny, Kenny Hatfield had the image of the squeaky clean, Bishop of the FCA, etc., too. Not the greatest coach in the world, but at least he didn't lose to the likes of Vandy. Then when "The Meddler" insisted on micromanaging the football team from the AD position, Kenny got the last laugh when he sabotaged the recruiting before he jumped ship to Clemson. Not exactly the turn the other cheek, good Christian thing to do -- not that I blame Kenny for screwing JFB.

Come to think of it, I don't think flirting with Nebraska and LSU after getting a 2 year free pass is exactly the Christian thing for Numb Nutts to do, but what do I know? Do unto others, Brotha.
One thing is for sure we do not need a "squeaky clean coach" who desires to teach good character traits with his coaching philosophy.  No sir!! We do not need that. 

Since Alabama dropped Mike Price, who never coached a game or a practice, for this very reason, not having good character traits., maybe he can be had.  LET'S GO GET HIM.

Forget the NCAA.  Forget the rules.  Forget the regulations and being responsible.

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Good character people are just losers.

Maybe Mike Irwin can do a "special" on this showing how "good character does not win football games, so it should never be considered in hiring a coach.

Maybe "Fire N" N" could have some good candidates to bring forth, besides Mike Price.

We want to be sure and get one with very "bad character", and certainly not "Christian traits", such as "help your brotha"

We really don't have a squeaky clean coach in Numb Nutts -- how many convicted felons has Numb Nutts had on his teams compared to Kenny, Broyles, Lou, or even Dumb Dumb Danny Ford? Numb Nutts hasn't exactly been a good role model or leader with his "tough love" school of discipline -- far from it, in fact.

Sure, I'd take Mike Price over Numb Nutts any time. How 'bout Butch Davis? How 'bout Spurrier, the Prince of Darkness, Himself?
If you are asking me, Mike Price, unreal as far as I am concerned.  Butch Davis, from what I know, could probably cut it, IMO, from the character stand point.

I will predict that Butch Davis's coaching record at Arkansas, concerning won-lost and recruiting will be no better, and maybe no worse, then Houston Nutt's record.

How many years are you going to give Butch Davis to rise above what you call  mediocrity?

Maybe, since he is not Nutt, a record of "wins and losses" at the same percentage as Houston Nutt's record will not be mediocre since Davis will be a "darksider choice", and it will be better next year.

You are kidding right?

Do you even watch the games that are being played?  HDN should not even be mentioned in the same breath as BD.

Have you not seen the panic that is caused by HDN's insecurity and ego?  This I believed caused him to make mistakes that a first year Jr. High coach would not have made.  He has been on a big stage and it scared him...he wasn't able to perform.  No way that you can say we were a well coached team over the last few years.  No way that you can say that with honesty or any knowledge of the game.  I think HDN could have been a fine coach...but he doesn't handle pressure well.   M. Jones saved him in so many situations...now he has no one to bail him out of his panicky calls.

BD, I am sure had moments where he didn't fare so well...maybe made the wrong decision...but it wasn't constant and continuous.  You cannot defend SO MANY things that HDN has done...

Wrightobe...you've got nothing.  There is so much evidence against HDN being a quality coach that it is comical for you to continue this argument.  I admire the fact that you are a Hog fan, and you want to support who ever the coach is.  That doesn't make HDN a good coach.  It never will.  Support the team...and for you that means the coach.(that in my opinion hurts the  team.)  I will continue to support the team...and hope that our current coach is fired (because IMO he is killing the team).  Either way, we are hoping for the Hogs to be great again. 

Retired Radio Host

pigture perfect

IF this scenerio plays out, Nutt would not be fired until late in December. That way there will not be all the media hype put on Tommy Tuberville about the Arkansas job until after his bowl game.

Before you dismiss this idea, think of the fact that Tuberville has shown he can win at any UNiversity in the SEC. (Even OLE Miss) He has the Arkansas ties, He would like a chance to thumb his nose at Auburn for what they did a couple of years ago, and he should have been given the job the first time.

I would half heartedly support Butch, until he could prove that he could coach in the SEC as a HC. What he did at Miami could not be replicated for a number of reasons and it happened in a very weak ACC. He has been out of coaching for ummm, I honestly don't remember how many years, and his last job as a HC/Administrator ended up as a total disaster. He would have to convince me after about 3-4 years that he could be consistent at the UA.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 06, 2006, 12:53:45 am
IF this scenerio plays out, Nutt would not be fired until late in December. That way there will not be all the media hype put on Tommy Tuberville about the Arkansas job until after his bowl game.

Before you dismiss this idea, think of the fact that Tuberville has shown he can win at any UNiversity in the SEC. (Even OLE Miss) He has the Arkansas ties, He would like a chance to thumb his nose at Auburn for what they did a couple of years ago, and he should have been given the job the first time.

I would half heartedly support Butch, until he could prove that he could coach in the SEC as a HC. What he did at Miami could not be replicated for a number of reasons and it happened in a very weak ACC. He has been out of coaching for ummm, I honestly don't remember how many years, and his last job as a HC/Administrator ended up as a total disaster. He would have to convince me after about 3-4 years that he could be consistent at the UA.

I wouldn't kill myself if Tubby were our new coach...I don't see it happening...but ABN.

ABN.  ABN.  ABN.  ABN

ABN= "ANYBODY BUT NUTT"
Retired Radio Host

wrightobe

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2006, 12:44:58 am
He has friends in important places because "he's a good christian man"  How can any Razorback fan or booster support Nutt just because he's crafted this image of being a pseudo evangelist?  Ken Hatfield was "a good christian man" but he had support from boosters because he WON FOOTBALL GAMES.  It may have been a boring offense but he gave us 9 to 10 wins almost every year.

If Numb Nutts has friends in high places who want to keep him on regardless of his lousy job performance just because he's a fine Christian man, then those people are the real downfall of the football program. As  long as the powers-that-be choose a supposedly squeaky clean image over success, we're screwed and nothing short of a fan revolt (lost ticket sales, contributions, etc.) will get things changed on the Hill. As long as cash flows to the Athletic Dept. and the Razorback Foundation, the status quo of mediocrity will remain.

It's funny, Kenny Hatfield had the image of the squeaky clean, Bishop of the FCA, etc., too. Not the greatest coach in the world, but at least he didn't lose to the likes of Vandy. Then when "The Meddler" insisted on micromanaging the football team from the AD position, Kenny got the last laugh when he sabotaged the recruiting before he jumped ship to Clemson. Not exactly the turn the other cheek, good Christian thing to do -- not that I blame Kenny for screwing JFB.

Come to think of it, I don't think flirting with Nebraska and LSU after getting a 2 year free pass is exactly the Christian thing for Numb Nutts to do, but what do I know? Do unto others, Brotha.
One thing is for sure we do not need a "squeaky clean coach" who desires to teach good character traits with his coaching philosophy.  No sir!! We do not need that. 

Since Alabama dropped Mike Price, who never coached a game or a practice, for this very reason, not having good character traits., maybe he can be had.  LET'S GO GET HIM.

Forget the NCAA.  Forget the rules.  Forget the regulations and being responsible.

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Maybe Mike Irwin can do a "special" on this showing how "good character does not win football games, so it should never be considered in hiring a coach.

Maybe "Fire N" N" could have some good candidates to bring forth, besides Mike Price.

We want to be sure and get one with very "bad character", and certainly not "Christian traits", such as "help your brotha"

We really don't have a squeaky clean coach in Numb Nutts -- how many convicted felons has Numb Nutts had on his teams compared to Kenny, Broyles, Lou, or even Dumb Dumb Danny Ford? Numb Nutts hasn't exactly been a good role model or leader with his "tough love" school of discipline -- far from it, in fact.

Sure, I'd take Mike Price over Numb Nutts any time. How 'bout Butch Davis? How 'bout Spurrier, the Prince of Darkness, Himself?
If you are asking me, Mike Price, unreal as far as I am concerned.  Butch Davis, from what I know, could probably cut it, IMO, from the character stand point.

I will predict that Butch Davis's coaching record at Arkansas, concerning won-lost and recruiting will be no better, and maybe no worse, then Houston Nutt's record.

How many years are you going to give Butch Davis to rise above what you call  mediocrity?

Maybe, since he is not Nutt, a record of "wins and losses" at the same percentage as Houston Nutt's record will not be mediocre since Davis will be a "darksider choice", and it will be better next year.

You are kidding right?

Do you even watch the games that are being played?  HDN should not even be mentioned in the same breath as BD.

Have you not seen the panic that is caused by HDN's insecurity and ego?  This I believed caused him to make mistakes that a first year Jr. High coach would not have made.  He has been on a big stage and it scared him...he wasn't able to perform.  No way that you can say we were a well coached team over the last few years.  No way that you can say that with honesty or any knowledge of the game.  I think HDN could have been a fine coach...but he doesn't handle pressure well.   M. Jones saved him in so many situations...now he has no one to bail him out of his panicky calls.

BD, I am sure had moments where he didn't fare so well...maybe made the wrong decision...but it wasn't constant and continuous.  You cannot defend SO MANY things that HDN has done...

Wrightobe...you've got nothing.  There is so much evidence against HDN being a quality coach that it is comical for you to continue this argument.  I admire the fact that you are a Hog fan, and you want to support who ever the coach is.  That doesn't make HDN a good coach.  It never will.  Support the team...and for you that means the coach.(that in my opinion hurts the  team.)  I will continue to support the team...and hope that our current coach is fired (because IMO he is killing the team).  Either way, we are hoping for the Hogs to be great again. 

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2006, 12:44:58 am

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

You are kidding right?

Well, Houston Nutt recruited Matt Jones, and recruiting good players is part of being a good coach.

As we all know, Matt Jones played at Ft. Smith which is a border town between western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma, and has many Oklahome fans, and the recruiting for Matt Jones was between Arkansas and Oklahoma, and he strongly considered Oklahoma, but chose Arkansas, and we all say "Thanks for the great thrills and memories, Matt Jones".

I stand by my statement that Butch Davis will fare no better or worse then Houston Nutt, and if he is hired, we will await for the record to speak.

I do not consider the "darksiders opinions any better then any other loyal rabid Razorback fan, and I will predict there will be a quarterback controversy next year over playing Casey Dick, Robert Johnson, and Mitch Mustain between the Razorback fans based on who they think is the best player, and thus their favorite player, and that will not help the situation any at all, except it might help the "darksiders" in winning over supporters to fire Nutt, because someone's favorite player did not get to start, and thus win ball games, or win by a larger margin or easier win, because Nutt and his coaching staff were playing the wrong players.

pigture perfect

I do support Nutt. I heard him today on Drivetime making a statement saying, "If you don't lke me, get over it. I know 4-7 and 5-6 doesn't cut it around here, but we're going to prove someting this year. I have said, I'll give him until the middle part of October to show me. I really think he will.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Richard_white

Anyone who defends a coach with the number as I have posted up is ridiculous.

Bring facts to the table if not you have no argument.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 06, 2006, 01:13:57 am
I do support Nutt. I heard him today on Drivetime making a statement saying, "If you don't lke me, get over it. I know 4-7 and 5-6 doesn't cut it around here, but we're going to prove someting this year. I have said, I'll give him until the middle part of October to show me. I really think he will.

He is right...it doesn't cut it.

The problem is...he is too arrogant.  He should have hired an OC when he first got here.  He couldn't/wouldn't give up the play calling.  He wants the glory?  Let him receive the agony of the angry fan.  He IMO is worthless, because he would rather be THE MAN, than let someone lead us to respectability and get some credit.

HDN...once he leaves...and I hope it is after this year...will never be worth a single brain wave to me.  I don't hate him.  I just want him to leave...and quit screwing up our beloved hogs with his egocentric coaching style.  I will never give him a second thought once the glorious day of his departure comes.
Retired Radio Host

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 06, 2006, 12:18:59 am

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Wow...you are actually pretty good at this deflecting stuff.

HDN I am sure is an ethical person...for the most part.

I really want our next coach to be ethical also.

But you try to go to the extreme to deflect the blame of losing and just HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! coaching and play calling.  HDN is not a good coach.  To try to defend him is futile.  To accept what he has done at Arkansas and not to have fired him is proof that the powers that be no longer consider us a football school.  White, Broyles, whoever, must view us as something less than ever having the chance to be competitive in the SEC.

Something is going on that is not ethical otherwise.  Ethics would dictate that a coach that has two losing seasons at a school that used to take pride in its football team, would be fired.  We were a better team last year than our record.  Coaching killed us.  I question your ethics...or who you work for or who you are related to if you can find a way to defend a coach that is so obviously in over his head.  Why don't you have some ethics and admit that HDN has cost us games each year.  Last year it was three.  The year before it was at least two.  The year before that at least two.  Come on man...you can't be that blind.

Wrightobe is just a shill for Numb Nutts and the Murray State mafia, pumping propaganda for the current despotic regime.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

lyon98

I read the question and skipped to the end. Saves time and I have to start mixing Juleps and get ready to watch the Derby. Wait until the end of the next to the last game and say nutt's contract will not be renewed. That way an interim coach will not be named. This usually brings about the loss of the assistant that might be kept under a different situation. 

Let nutt use the non-renewal as motivation or jubilation to get the team to let him leave on a victorious note.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

hoggystyle78

One thing is for sure, one day houston dale nutt will leave the University of Arkansas. I have no idea when, other than the fact that it will not be soon enough for me. I can't wait to hear all of the homer media and some of the huggers finally "go off" about the goober holding our football program hostage. It happens evertime, the homer media types will circle nutt like sharks getting ready to feed and after all the years of hearing what a good christian man he was and how he "loved that helmet", we'll finally get the truth, that he's in over his head and has no idea what in the hell he's doing. That will be a very happy day.

wrightobe

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 06, 2006, 11:11:30 am

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

But you try to go to the extreme to deflect the blame of losing and just HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! coaching and play calling.  HDN is not a good coach.  To try to defend him is futile.  To accept what he has done at Arkansas and not to have fired him is proof that the powers that be no longer consider us a football school.  White, Broyles, whoever, must view us as something less than ever having the chance to be competitive in the SEC.

Something is going on that is not ethical otherwise.  Ethics would dictate that a coach that has two losing seasons at a school that used to take pride in its football team, would be fired.  We were a better team last year than our record.  Coaching killed us.  I question your ethics...or who you work for or who you are related to if you can find a way to defend a coach that is so obviously in over his head.  Why don't you have some ethics and admit that HDN has cost us games each year.  Last year it was three.  The year before it was at least two.  The year before that at least two.  Come on man...you can't be that blind.

Wrightobe is just a shill for Numb Nutts and the Murray State mafia, pumping propaganda for the current despotic regime.

Oh, and Steve Spurrier as a acceptable coach for the 'darksiders, I am suprised.

He does not have an OC.  He calls his own plays.  How about them apples?

Richard_white

Quote from: wrightobe on May 06, 2006, 03:00:16 pm
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 06, 2006, 11:11:30 am

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Oh, and Steve Spurrier as a acceptable coach for the 'darksiders, I am suprised.

He does not have an OC.  He calls his own plays.  How about them apples?

Didn't Spurrier win a NC with him calling the plays?  LOL

Has Dale won a NC?  LOL

wrightobe

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

I am "unethical" because I support Houston Nutt, because I think he can win?

Well, I did not know supporting a Coach of the Razorbacks, and believing he will start to win 
had anything to do with "bad ethics", but I guess no one is perfect, especially me.

However, "ethical" or "unethical", I truly believe that the Razorbacks will have a verygood season in 2006, and start winning again. 

The only thing, I believe would keep it from being, would be injuries to our key players, and of course, that is always a concern to everyone.

hoggystyle78

I wouldn't say it's unethical, just ignorant. What has dale done to make you think he could EVER win an SEC, much less a NC at Arkansas? If 8yrs of clusterphucks from the sideline don't beat it into your head, then my only geuss is it's ignorance not unethical.
Quote from: wrightobe on May 06, 2006, 05:34:23 pm

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Well, I did not know supporting a Coach of the Razorbacks, and believing he will start to win 
had anything to do with "bad ethics", but I guess no one is perfect, especially me.

However, "ethical" or "unethical", I truly believe that the Razorbacks will have a verygood season in 2006, and start winning again. 

The only thing, I believe would keep it from being, would be injuries to our key players, and of course, that is always a concern to everyone.

Burnt Orange Sucks

Quote from: HogISH™ on May 05, 2006, 10:05:16 am
Quote from: Juboar on May 05, 2006, 09:52:51 am
Fire Numb Nutts - you beat me to the punch while I was trying to spell Teflon.
I just had another thought-  
Could it be that  HDN is Franks illigitamate prodigal son who came to play football and basketball- took his inheritance to OSU,  was forgiven by Frank and returned to the fold with a free "pass" for the balance of Dad's life?

drinking already? get to the golf course!!

HogISH
Here,here!!!!  It's Saturday, Barbosa won, and let's get through one weekend without talking about the future of HDN!

Sam Adams..............you are a good friend!!!
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

wrightobe

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on May 06, 2006, 05:37:14 pm
I wouldn't say it's unethical, just ignorant. What has dale done to make you think he could EVER win an SEC, much less a NC at Arkansas? If 8yrs of clusterphucks from the sideline don't beat it into your head, then my only geuss is it's ignorance not unethical.

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

OK that is two traits, that the "darksiders" say I have, "unethical and ignorant".

Maybe I should be a "Texas Longhorn" fan.

However, I will continue to support Houston Nutt, and I believe he will start winning, barring injuries.

If, this does happen, will that help my character traits?

pigfoot

While we're being hypothetical, let's assume that HDN DOES turn the offense over to Gus and the season still goes down the drain.  Who do we blame then ?
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Richard_white

May 06, 2006, 06:05:35 pm #67 Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 06:08:49 pm by BD 07
Quote from: pigfoot on May 06, 2006, 06:02:30 pm
While we're being hypothetical, let's assume that HDN DOES turn the offense over to Gus and the season still goes down the drain.  Who do we blame then ?

Thats a bold statement. Lets see here. Darksiders claimed that Frank forced Nutt to hire Gus.  While the Huggers say Nutt hired Gus on his own.  Well to answer the question, take a pick and choose who to blame.

hoggystyle78

I would like to apologize to you Wright, sometimes my hatred for dale skews my judgement. At the end of the day we are all Hog fans, and while i sometimes get aggravated with the people who get on here and support dale, I do realize that we all want the same thing, for tha Hogs to win!, it's just that we (the huggers and darksiders), have differing opinions on how to get there.
Quote from: wrightobe on May 06, 2006, 05:49:16 pm
Quote from: hoggystyle78 on May 06, 2006, 05:37:14 pm

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

OK that is two traits, that the "darksiders" say I have, "unethical and ignorant".

Maybe I should be a "Texas Longhorn" fan.

However, I will continue to support Houston Nutt, and I believe he will start winning, barring injuries.

If, this does happen, will that help my character traits?

BigoBoys

Promoted to AD at the end of the season.  FB retires!

Richard_white

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 06, 2006, 06:16:14 pm
Promoted to AD at the end of the season.  FB retires!

Sorry to say Houston will not be AD and FB will be around until 08.  Sorry to tell you that.