Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daily hypothetical question about HDN

Started by Ugly Uncle, May 05, 2006, 12:14:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Probably will end up in Trash can where I am sure it belongs...but here goes.

If Arkansas' season takes a nose dive next year...does HDN make it until the end of the season?

Say we are 3-6...does HDN get fired in mid-season?  Do they wait until he loses 7?  Do they wait until the end of the season?  Or does he keep his job even if we end up 4-8 or 5-7?

Would Frank pull the trigger in mid-season?  If he did who would be intrem coach?

I know there are many variables...but what do you think happens if we crash and burn next year?
Retired Radio Host

zwhogfan

I know you wrote that it was a hypothetical question. But IMO you keep Houston around until the end of the season and then let him go. It is extremely tough to cut a coach in mid-season and have any hope of doing well. Keep him around while contacting Butch Davis and offering him a FAT contract during the season, all in private of course, so that after the season ends and Nutt is gone, we have Davis ready to take over the program.

The Pulse

May 05, 2006, 12:35:58 am #2 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:39:20 am by pulsation of being
I would only have to figure that if we did tank that he would have to be fired at least by the end..or there will be a serious backlash from hog fans of the likes that we havn't seen yet. I would have to think that the only people that wouldn't be darksiders by then would be his own family. But I don't think we'll see him fired before the end of the season. I only think frank b. would do that if Nutt was caught violating something or getting in trouble. And i don't know if this has been brought up before, but does anyone think that there might be some players that may transfer if Nutt is fired??? LSU lost a buttload of recruits in 04 when Saban left for the Dolphins. I think they only signed like 12.

zwhogfan

Perhaps, but if we sign Butch Davis on as head coach, I am sure quite a few recruits would stay. The players aren't stupid, they know that Davis was an NFL coach and they saw what he did at Miami. LSU hired Les Miles from Oklahoma State, not a bad choice but no where near as much clout as Butch Davis.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: pulsation of being on May 05, 2006, 12:35:58 am
I would only have to figure that if we did tank that he would have to be fired at least by the end..or there will be a serious backlash from hog fans of the likes that we havn't seen yet. I would have to think that the only people that wouldn't be darksiders by then would be his own family. But I don't think we'll see him fired before the end of the season. I only think frank b. would do that if Nutt was caught violating something or getting in trouble. And i don't know if this has been brought up before, but does anyone think that there might be some players that may transfer if Nutt is fired??? LSU lost a buttload of recruits in 04 when Saban left for the Dolphins. I think they only signed like 12.

I cannot think of any that would.  I don't know all of them though...so that is a possibility.  But I am pretty sure that the big offensive weapons would stick around as long as Gus was here.  I wouldn't see Monk, McFadden, or Hillis transferring even if Gus would leave when HDN left.  They are Razorbacks because that is what they have always wanted to be.  I just don't see us losing any over HDN being let go.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 12:14:01 am

If Arkansas' season takes a nose dive next year...does HDN make it until the end of the season?

Say we are 3-6...does HDN get fired in mid-season?  Do they wait until he loses 7?  Do they wait until the end of the season?  Or does he keep his job even if we end up 4-8 or 5-7?

Would Frank pull the trigger in mid-season?  If he did who would be intrem coach?

I know there are many variables...but what do you think happens if we crash and burn next year?

Houston was going to get fired last year after the Vanderbilt game.  Frank even approached a coach to see if he wanted to come in.  If Dale starts off the way he did last year, Frank will pull the trigger.

The Pulse

I was thinking along the lines of Damian Williams...escpecially if he didn't see the field this season.

WichitaStateRazorback

If he crashes and burns next year they will not fire him until the end of the season.  However I do not see him crashing and burning and I expect to see him here as coach for many years to come.....just a gut feeling though

The Pulse

If we kick the crap out of everybody this year, provided that we can fill the holes on the d line in 07 i think we would just continue to be getting better and better. Most of are playmakers are all Soph's and Freshman.

Richard_white

Sorry ugly but I am going to help you out for this to be in the Vent forum.

1. Dale has average 25th in recruiting in 8 years for the Razorbacks.
2. In 8 years he has never won a SEC Conference Title.
3. 31-34 in SEC play.
4. Averaged 3rd place in the West.
5. 2-4 in who cares bowl. With the exception of the Cotton Bowl.
6. He has never won a division title outright.

I don't know about you but your leader doesn't have an impressive resume.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: BD 07 on May 05, 2006, 01:05:57 am

3. 31-34 in SEC play.

Surely you didn't mean MY leader.  You know me better than that.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 01:28:12 am
Quote from: BD 07 on May 05, 2006, 01:05:57 am

3. 31-34 in SEC play.

Surely you didn't mean MY leader.  You know me better than that.

No  They know who they are.

pbjones81

Quote from: BD 07 on May 05, 2006, 12:47:22 am

Houston was going to get fired last year after the Vanderbilt game.  Frank even approached a coach to see if he wanted to come in.  If Dale starts off the way he did last year, Frank will pull the trigger.

Not doubting you in the least, but how do you know ths information?  I never heard that they were actually talking to a potential replacement head coach last season after the vandy game.

Richard_white

Quote from: pbjones81 on May 05, 2006, 04:15:54 am

Not doubting you in the least, but how do you know ths information?  I never heard that they were actually talking to a potential replacement head coach last season after the vandy game.

You ever heard that song "I got friends in low places"

ClubChubby

They aren't going to fire nutt. No matter what, apparently. 5-6, 4-7, 31-33. They are keeping him around for some insane reason. Maybe some sort of power play over John White?

LA HAWG

ComeonHogs!!!

Crash and burn, He's gone. Frank's done it before. Just gives the power that be a faster start at getting there guy in place to save recruiting
State Pride!!!

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

The sooner Numb Nutts is fired the better. Let's face it: he should have never been hired in the first place.  Even the mighty JFB and his handler(s) make mistakes, but they should have fired Numb Nutts after 2003 and for sure should have let him go after flirting with Nebraska, not to mention LSU after Senile Frank gave him a "2-year pass."
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: pulsation of being on May 05, 2006, 12:35:58 am

You can't compare Numb Nutts to Saban, they're totally different species. Numb Nutts is a knuckle-dragging neanderthal compared to a champion like Saban. Any players who would leave because Numb Nutts is fired -- well, with that demonstrated lack of judgement, we're better off without them.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

hogmary

Nutt has some friends in important places...UA Board of Trustees, and I am not talking about Jim Lindsey.  There are a couple of others with more power that he has in his pocket.  Don't ask me why...I don't get it.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: ClubChubby on May 05, 2006, 05:34:32 am
They aren't going to fire nutt. No matter what, apparently. 5-6, 4-7, 31-33. They are keeping him around for some insane reason. Maybe some sort of power play over John White?

Unless JFB and Lindsey have totally lost their minds, which is entirely possible, the only reason I can think of for the powers-that-be to keep Numb Nutts on the state teat is blackmail. Maybe Numb Nutts has the goods on somebody (i.e.: JFB regarding Nolan Gate) and is using it to extort his salary with the famous "no fire" clause from JFB.

There is no other rational excuse for Numb Nutts to still be here.

Juboar

I can't see Frank pulling the trigger mid-season even with a crash.  Houston is made of teflon and must have some hellova dirty little secret on somebody to still have a job.  I sleep better at night thinking this way otherwise our athletic department and the whole UofA is in worse shape now than I can ever remember.

Hypothetically, should this be in the trash can or the vent?

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Juboar

Fire Numb Nutts - you beat me to the punch while I was trying to spell Teflon.
I just had another thought-   
Could it be that  HDN is Franks illigitamate prodigal son who came to play football and basketball- took his inheritance to OSU,  was forgiven by Frank and returned to the fold with a free "pass" for the balance of Dad's life?

HogISH™

Quote from: Juboar on May 05, 2006, 09:52:51 am
Could it be that  HDN is Franks illigitamate prodigal son who came to play football and basketball- took his inheritance to OSU,  was forgiven by Frank and returned to the fold with a free "pass" for the balance of Dad's life?

drinking already? get to the golf course!!

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

PigPusher

The big question is then, just why is this not in the Feud can as it was said all "Fire Nutt" posts would be.  Let it rest guys and stop just droning on and on about Nutt. Nothing you are saying will have any affect what-so-ever. He is not a good on the firing line coach (general). That does not make him a bad person no matter what color of grey anyone wants to paint the fact. It will of course be nice when he is gone.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hogsrmyfav36

He has friends in important places because "he's a good christian man"  How can any Razorback fan or booster support Nutt just because he's crafted this image of being a pseudo evangelist?  Ken Hatfield was "a good christian man" but he had support from boosters because he WON FOOTBALL GAMES.  It may have been a boring offense but he gave us 9 to 10 wins almost every year.
F&*!NG INTRANET

The Pulse

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 05, 2006, 09:26:24 am
Any players who would leave because Numb Nutts is fired -- well, with that demonstrated lack of judgement, we're better off without them.

Using that logic, it would mean that our players already demonstrated a lack of judgement by signing with Nutt in the first place. and therefore we'd be better off without them.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

May 05, 2006, 10:51:57 am #29 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 11:09:39 am by Fire Numb Nutts!!!
Quote from: hogsrmyfav36 on May 05, 2006, 10:13:47 am
He has friends in important places because "he's a good christian man"  How can any Razorback fan or booster support Nutt just because he's crafted this image of being a pseudo evangelist?  Ken Hatfield was "a good christian man" but he had support from boosters because he WON FOOTBALL GAMES.  It may have been a boring offense but he gave us 9 to 10 wins almost every year.

If Numb Nutts has friends in high places who want to keep him on regardless of his lousy job performance just because he's a fine Christian man, then those people are the real downfall of the football program. As  long as the powers-that-be choose a supposedly squeaky clean image over success, we're screwed and nothing short of a fan revolt (lost ticket sales, contributions, etc.) will get things changed on the Hill. As long as cash flows to the Athletic Dept. and the Razorback Foundation, the status quo of mediocrity will remain.

It's funny, Kenny Hatfield had the image of the squeaky clean, Bishop of the FCA, etc., too. Not the greatest coach in the world, but at least he didn't lose to the likes of Vandy. Then when "The Meddler" insisted on micromanaging the football team from the AD position, Kenny got the last laugh when he sabotaged the recruiting before he jumped ship to Clemson. Not exactly the turn the other cheek, good Christian thing to do -- not that I blame Kenny for screwing JFB.

Come to think of it, I don't think flirting with Nebraska and LSU after getting a 2 year free pass is exactly the Christian thing for Numb Nutts to do, but what do I know? Do unto others, Brotha.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: pulsation of being on May 05, 2006, 10:36:02 am
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 05, 2006, 09:26:24 am
Any players who would leave because Numb Nutts is fired -- well, with that demonstrated lack of judgement, we're better off without them.

Using that logic, it would mean that our players already demonstrated a lack of judgement by signing with Nutt in the first place. and therefore we'd be better off without them.

Hopefully our players will learn to overcome their lapses of judgement and improve.

casken

Not gonna happen UU.  The schedule is too favorable and there is enuff talent to get a winning season.  Now I didn't say good enuff for HDN to stay but we will win more than a handful of games next year.  Get ready to call them hawgs bro! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: WPS!
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: Juboar on May 05, 2006, 09:52:51 am

With Numb Nutts still coaching with a "2 year free pass," a "no fire" clause in his contract, and a contract extension from JFB until 2011 with is dismal record, I'd say anything bad is possible. Any such explanation, no matter how seemingly ridiculous, is entirely possible if not probable.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: casken on May 05, 2006, 10:56:40 am

Not gonna happen UU.  The schedule is too favorable and there is enuff talent to get a winning season.  Now I didn't say good enuff for HDN to stay but we will win more than a handful of games next year.  Get ready to call them hawgs bro! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: WPS!

I hope you are right Casken.  I would love to get together with you and some of the other hogvillians and plan a trip to a BCS bowl next year.  I hope we run the table.  I think it is a great possibility that we will win 8-10 games next year.  We were not a 4-7 team last year.  That was our record, but due to coaching we lost at least 3 games that we should have easily won.  I really believe we were a 7-4 team last year.  We are a better team this year.  We could do well.  I just think HDN could still cost us some key games again this year, like he has every other year.

But if we lose again...and lose bad...and lose to the wrong teams during the season, I could see the cord being cut between daddy Frank and baby HDN.  If we don't win at the VERY least 8 games, HDN needs to be escorted out of the Broyles complex by security and not allowed to return to his office.

Here is hoping that HDN has learned his lesson and will do what he needs to do to save his job...shut up and stay out of the way.  Problem is, he doesn't look like he will be able to keep his mouth shut...so I don't have much faith that he will keep his hands off.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HogISH? on May 05, 2006, 09:52:29 am
trash can.

HogISH

LOL...I think you are right.

Meet you on the Golf course?  I'm not drinking, but I play golf like I do.
Retired Radio Host

hogsNbeer

and I'll load it for him....

94 Hawg

love the title Ugly, truth in advertising! ;D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

casken

May 05, 2006, 02:41:28 pm #37 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:45:54 pm by casken
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 11:55:09 am

I hope you are right Casken.  I would love to get together with you and some of the other hogvillians and plan a trip to a BCS bowl next year.  I hope we run the table.  I think it is a great possibility that we will win 8-10 games next year.  We were not a 4-7 team last year.  That was our record, but due to coaching we lost at least 3 games that we should have easily won.  I really believe we were a 7-4 team last year.  We are a better team this year.  We could do well.  I just think HDN could still cost us some key games again this year, like he has every other year.

But if we lose again...and lose bad...and lose to the wrong teams during the season, I could see the cord being cut between daddy Frank and baby HDN.  If we don't win at the VERY least 8 games, HDN needs to be escorted out of the Broyles complex by security and not allowed to return to his office.

Here is hoping that HDN has learned his lesson and will do what he needs to do to save his job...shut up and stay out of the way.  Problem is, he doesn't look like he will be able to keep his mouth shut...so I don't have much faith that he will keep his hands off.

BCS bowl??? I ain't that optimistic but you better be careful I agree with a large part of your post.  You'll damage your rep ;D
I am with you on South Carolina and Vanderbilt.  I would attribute those to coaching errors and were in the should of won category.  I can't think of a third off hand.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: casken on May 05, 2006, 02:41:28 pm

BCS bowl??? I ain't that optimistic but you better be careful I agree with a large part of your post.  You'll damage your rep ;D
I am with you on South Carolina and Vanderbilt.  I would attribute those to coaching errors and were in the should of won category.  I can't think of a third off hand.

Hey...I am not such a darksider that I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  My hope is that the light at the end of the tunnel is the tail lights of the bus that is taking HDN out of town.

I am still dreaming of a great year coming up.  BCS is unlikely.  But so was me marrying a hot chic and having two beautiful kids...miracles happen.  Keep believing Casken...keep believing.  Keep believing until HDN rips your guts out again.  That is our fate...we are Razorback fans.
Retired Radio Host

casken

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 05, 2006, 02:50:53 pm

Hey...I am not such a darksider that I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  My hope is that the light at the end of the tunnel is the tail lights of the bus that is taking HDN out of town.

I am still dreaming of a great year coming up.  BCS is unlikely.  But so was me marrying a hot chic and having two beautiful kids...miracles happen.  Keep believing Casken...keep believing.  Keep believing until HDN rips your guts out again.  That is our fate...we are Razorback fans.

I believe the team is in need of a significant turn around for Nutt to stay.  The turn around and wins are more important to me.  Whether he stays or not is a side and lesser issue.  To be honest all of the coaches have ripped out a few dreams. 
My major concern is the first game.  Will we be familiar enough with the new offense to move the ball consistently and score against USC? I think we may be several games away from hitting a stride.    Will the O turn in a blistered performance like the D did in the game last year?  70 Whopping points!  Ooouuch!

casken

May 05, 2006, 03:29:54 pm #40 Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 03:44:22 pm by casken
But here's hoping they catch on early! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

pigfoot

Wait a second !! I know it's hypothetical, but how could a losing season happen?  Don't we have Gus and Woods and Herring ?  All we heard after the hiring of Gus was that there was no way HDN could keep from being run over by the Gus Bus and/or the Woods Wagon.  But just suppose that we DO fall flat in '06.  Would that not mean that the Bus/Wagon couldn't hack it ?  If it happened, should we get rid of the whole gang of them ?  Just a hypothetical question, you know . . . . .
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

RazorRaider

Quote from: pigfoot on May 05, 2006, 04:51:12 pm
Wait a second !! I know it's hypothetical, but how could a losing season happen?  Don't we have Gus and Woods and Herring ?  All we heard after the hiring of Gus was that there was no way HDN could keep from being run over by the Gus Bus and/or the Woods Wagon.  But just suppose that we DO fall flat in '06.  Would that not mean that the Bus/Wagon couldn't hack it ?  If it happened, should we get rid of the whole gang of them ?  Just a hypothetical question, you know . . . . .

If we fall flat on our faces in 06 it will just prove that HDN dreailed the program to justify that he didn't need an OC. And I do believe he is that egotistical to do just that.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

TulsaHogFan

Auburn, should have been 24-3 at the half.  If it would have been we could have played a completely different game, and they would never have ran on us so much, due to clock concerns.

Alabama - Played em close, should have beat em.  The offense was moving, but drives kept getting stalled and running out without putting up points.  A different offensive philosophy would have meant a W for us.

Georgia - They lost their main weapon in the first half and we failed to do a damn thing about it.  Could have easily won that game.  Defense was just starting to gel too.

There ya go, thats 5 game he cost us last year.

I figure LSU and USC we lost fair and square and really did not "lose", they beat us.  These games we beat ourselves.  We could easily have won them.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: pigfoot on May 05, 2006, 04:51:12 pm

It could happen.  We will know why, if it does.  Depends on two things.  Defense holds their end of the deal up, and HDN holds his up by not interfering with playcalling.

wrightobe

May 06, 2006, 12:05:38 am #45 Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 12:08:47 am by wrightobe
Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 05, 2006, 10:51:57 am

If Numb Nutts has friends in high places who want to keep him on regardless of his lousy job performance just because he's a fine Christian man, then those people are the real downfall of the football program. As  long as the powers-that-be choose a supposedly squeaky clean image over success, we're screwed and nothing short of a fan revolt (lost ticket sales, contributions, etc.) will get things changed on the Hill. As long as cash flows to the Athletic Dept. and the Razorback Foundation, the status quo of mediocrity will remain.

It's funny, Kenny Hatfield had the image of the squeaky clean, Bishop of the FCA, etc., too. Not the greatest coach in the world, but at least he didn't lose to the likes of Vandy. Then when "The Meddler" insisted on micromanaging the football team from the AD position, Kenny got the last laugh when he sabotaged the recruiting before he jumped ship to Clemson. Not exactly the turn the other cheek, good Christian thing to do -- not that I blame Kenny for screwing JFB.

Come to think of it, I don't think flirting with Nebraska and LSU after getting a 2 year free pass is exactly the Christian thing for Numb Nutts to do, but what do I know? Do unto others, Brotha.
One thing is for sure we do not need a "squeaky clean coach" who desires to teach good character traits with his coaching philosophy.  No sir!! We do not need that. 

Since Alabama dropped Mike Price, who never coached a game or a practice, for this very reason, not having good character traits., maybe he can be had.  LET'S GO GET HIM.

Forget the NCAA.  Forget the rules.  Forget the regulations and being responsible.

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Good character people are just losers.

Maybe Mike Irwin can do a "special" on this showing how "good character does not win football games, so it should never be considered in hiring a coach.

Maybe "Fire N" N" could have some good candidates to bring forth, besides Mike Price.

We want to be sure and get one with very "bad character", and certainly not "Christian traits", such as "help your brotha"

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Quote from: wrightobe on May 06, 2006, 12:05:38 am

One thing is for sure we do not need a "squeaky clean coach" who desires to teach good character traits with his coaching philosophy.  No sir!! We do not need that. 

Since Alabama dropped Mike Price, who never coached a game or a practice, for this very reason, not having good character traits., maybe he can be had.  LET'S GO GET HIM.

Forget the NCAA.  Forget the rules.  Forget the regulations and being responsible.

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Maybe Mike Irwin can do a "special" on this showing how "good character does not win football games, so it should never be considered in hiring a coach.

Maybe "Fire N" N" could have some good candidates to bring forth, besides Mike Price.

We want to be sure and get one with very "bad character", and certainly not "Christian traits", such as "help your brotha"

We really don't have a squeaky clean coach in Numb Nutts -- how many convicted felons has Numb Nutts had on his teams compared to Kenny, Broyles, Lou, or even Dumb Dumb Danny Ford? Numb Nutts hasn't exactly been a good role model or leader with his "tough love" school of dicipline -- far from it, in fact.

Sure, I'd take Mike Price over Numb Nutts any time. How 'bout Butch Davis? How 'bout Spurrier, the Prince of Darkness, Himself?

Ugly Uncle

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

Wow...you are actually pretty good at this deflecting stuff.

HDN I am sure is an ethical person...for the most part.

I really want our next coach to be ethical also.

But you try to go to the extreme to deflect the blame of losing and just HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! coaching and play calling.  HDN is not a good coach.  To try to defend him is futile.  To accept what he has done at Arkansas and not to have fired him is proof that the powers that be no longer consider us a football school.  White, Broyles, whoever, must view us as something less than ever having the chance to be competitive in the SEC.

Something is going on that is not ethical otherwise.  Ethics would dictate that a coach that has two losing seasons at a school that used to take pride in its football team, would be fired.  We were a better team last year than our record.  Coaching killed us.  I question your ethics...or who you work for or who you are related to if you can find a way to defend a coach that is so obviously in over his head.  Why don't you have some ethics and admit that HDN has cost us games each year.  Last year it was three.  The year before it was at least two.  The year before that at least two.  Come on man...you can't be that blind.
Retired Radio Host

wrightobe

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on May 06, 2006, 12:13:49 am

JUST WIN BABY !!!!

We really don't have a squeaky clean coach in Numb Nutts -- how many convicted felons has Numb Nutts had on his teams compared to Kenny, Broyles, Lou, or even Dumb Dumb Danny Ford? Numb Nutts hasn't exactly been a good role model or leader with his "tough love" school of dicipline -- far from it, in fact.

Sure, I'd take Mike Price over Numb Nutts any time. How 'bout Butch Davis? How 'bout Spurrier, the Prince of Darkness, Himself?
If you are asking me, Mike Price, unreal as far as I am concerned.  Butch Davis, from what I know, could probably cut it, IMO, from the character stand point.

I will predict that Butch Davis's coaching record at Arkansas, concerning won-lost and recruiting will be no better, and maybe no worse, then Houston Nutt's record.

How many years are you going to give Butch Davis to rise above what you call  mediocrity?

Maybe, since he is not Nutt, a record of "wins and losses" at the same percentage as Houston Nutt's record will not be mediocre since Davis will be a "darksider choice", and it will be better next year.

The Pulse

I think you do need to have a head coach with some morals and ethics. Otherwise if you hire someone that doesn't have any..you run the risk of having scandles and such. But that can go both ways..I've seen numerous headlines about church pastors who did terrible things. I also think it helps to recruit the Jarrell Nortons of the world.