Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MSUDawgs

Started by hogfan064, May 04, 2006, 01:42:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

Hey I'm going to go to the USC-MSU game on Thursday night.  Have you heard any plans on what MSU plans to do with the Gameday crew coming?  Also, I've been to Starville once, but it was a day trip for a MSU-Arkansas game in 2001.  Where's somewhere good to eat.  I'm heading up there that Wednesday and then leaving Friday morning to Fayetteville.  Any help on a fun trip sure would help.  Thanks

Allister Fiend

Stay in Columbus and eat at Harveys. You won't regret it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Lived in Hell 10 years.  There is a Harvey's in Starkville too, although Columbus may not be as busy.  Harvey's is very good.  Great food in a casual atmosphere.  Other good places include the Cotton District Grill which isn't far from campus.  Old Venice Pizza Company on Main St.  The game day crew loves Little Dewey's BBQ.  It is good.  Rosy Baby's off of main on Jackson  has good cajun food.  If you are there around breakfast go to the Starkville Cafe on main.  Excellent biscuits and gravy, and everything else.  Member MSUdawg may know some more places.

Nightlife there isn't great but I think they have opened a couple bars/grills on Main St. since I left.  The Cotton District Grill has a good bar.  Rick's Cafe is a decent hole in the wall place for bands and drinking, voted one of America's top 100 college bars by Playboy magazine.  Cheers is on Russell St. not far from Campus it's used to be decent, met my wife there.  They were just starting to open up some new places on   Hwy 12 when I left.     
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

pigmania

My advise to you is, don't go. I'd stay as far away from Starkville as I could. It might be the place to go if you are looking for a cheap mobile home.

V. V. Hawg

Quote from: pigmania on May 04, 2006, 03:48:14 pm
My advise to you is, don't go. I'd stay as far away from Starkville as I could. It might be the place to go if you are looking for a cheap mobile home.

That would be my advice also.

I just don't see why anyone would want to go see a non HOG related anything in stankville.  I'd rather dig my own grave than go there.  Last year on our way to Destin (because I wasn't leading the pack) we went through there (didn't even stop thank goodness) my son looked over to the right side of the road and said that's a nice HS stadium.  I busted out with laughter and told him it was mooo u's cowbell ringing stadium.  He then ask why they used cowbells and I told him that's how they pickup chicks at misstake.  I mean really, can they make any claim, just one, as to what they have down there that would make someone want to go there.

But, I must say it would be nice to see a hawg flag waving around behind the gameday crew.

msudawgs64

Quote from: V. V. Hawg on May 05, 2006, 01:06:43 am
Quote from: pigmania on May 04, 2006, 03:48:14 pm

That would be my advice also.

I just don't see why anyone would want to go see a non HOG related anything in stankville.  I'd rather dig my own grave than go there.  Last year on our way to Destin (because I wasn't leading the pack) we went through there (didn't even stop thank goodness) my son looked over to the right side of the road and said that's a nice HS stadium.  I busted out with laughter and told him it was mooo u's cowbell ringing stadium.  He then ask why they used cowbells and I told him that's how they pickup chicks at misstake.  I mean really, can they make any claim, just one, as to what they have down there that would make someone want to go there.

But, I must say it would be nice to see a hawg flag waving around behind the gameday crew.

an excellent engineering school, business school, accounting school, vet school and of course ag school to name a few reasons, lest we forget that this is a university, you know, where some folks go to get a higher education.  Believe it or not, some folks actually go to college for the degree.  My dad graduated from State and worked 25 years for Exxon as a chemical engineer, so I would say he did alright with that State degree. As for the cowbells, well it, like other schools have, is a tradition, may be annoying to most everyone but nonetheless it is what it is.

Hogfan064, not a lot of hotels in Starkville and what is there will be full I would imagine so yeah, Columbus is probably going to be the best bet on where to stay.  Been awhile since I actually spent a good amount of time in Starkville, last time I was up was for the Southern Cal-State baseball series about 4 years ago and I generally don't hit the eating places or bars when I am by myself but Harvey's is good.  But nonetheless this link may help..

http://www.msstate.edu/web/wheretostay.html

oh and whatever you do, stay the hell away from the Level III nightclub..LOL

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Dwight_K_Shrute

In Starkville's defense it is a place you appreciate more if you live there rather than just visit.  I slam it just to give my wife a hard time.  If I could make the same $'s I make now in NWA, but live in Starkville I'd probably pick Starkville.  I must say I am being treated by a psychiatrist for this condition and the doctor says with long term therapy and high doses of psychotropic drugs I just may beat this thing.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogfan064

Well, I already got a hotel.  Some chain hotel, wasn't to expensive.  It says its only 1 mile from MSU's campus.  I'm going with some USC friends and then heading up to Fayetteville with my wife.  I'm looking forward to it

msudawgs64

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 05, 2006, 07:33:50 am
In Starkville's defense it is a place you appreciate more if you live there rather than just visit.  I slam it just to give my wife a hard time.  If I could make the same $'s I make now in NWA, but live in Starkville I'd probably pick Starkville.  I must say I am being treated by a psychiatrist for this condition and the doctor says with long term therapy and high doses of psychotropic drugs I just may beat this thing.

lol, hell even I can agree with that assessment..if we still had karma, a +1 to you.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.