Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee Land Leaving Diamond Hogs

Started by hogfan13, May 04, 2006, 06:45:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

In this mornings Ark Democrat Gazette it says that land is leaving the team. He says he just can't find a role in this years squad  :'(

heathshogs

I understand a guy getting frustrated with playing time. He's right in the middle of the pack among our Bullpen with a 3.42 ERA. But he's faced 3 batters in 1 outing in SEC play (gave up a HR,a 2B, and recorded 1 out). He's had decent stuff during his tenure here. And if he needs better oppertunities to prove himself that's understandable. But where does he think he's going to pitch the rest of the season?
Also it seems Hogwired has already removed him from their roster.   
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

qakhed

I would probably wait the season out. He can't just transfer to another school and start playing. I wonder if there is more to the story.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

heathshogs

That's what I'm saying. You can't go to another college until next season. He can't go to the minors until after the draft, whether he actually gets drafted or not. I just don't understand making the move now.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

10thPlanet

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

hogman64

Quote from: dkwvike on May 04, 2006, 11:13:20 am
Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Thats to bad. before the season started i read all the bios of the pitchers in the media guide and I picked out Land as a guy that really might come on this year and be a real important part of this team.. I think he is a guy with alot of potential, wish it had worked out.......

zwhogfan

I also wish it had worked out here for Land, but things can't always happen that way. Good luck to him in whatever he decides to do.

Golfer

Had this been someone from the football team, many would be saying "another case of the coach misusing a player, or he wasn't a good judge of talent,  another wasted scholarship, etc. etc."

I am in no way saying that about Land or Coach Van Horn, but just pointing out what would be the topics of discussion, had it been the football team instead of the baseball team.

MBAHog

Quote from: heathshogs on May 04, 2006, 11:13:06 am
That's what I'm saying. You can't go to another college until next season. He can't go to the minors until after the draft, whether he actually gets drafted or not. I just don't understand making the move now.
I assume if he leaves now, he doesn't have to practice with the team anymore, freeing up his time...?

HogKong

That's alliteration for ya!!!!!!

3kgthog

Land is probably wondering why the heck that has-been Boyce keeps getting starts after being bombed like Hiroshima. Land can't even get an inning or two. I don't blame him for wanting out. In this case, it's a brilliant idea reminiscent of the light bulb.

qakhed

"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf